Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

View Poll Results: President?
Romney 7 11.67%
Obama 38 63.33%
Indifferent/Undecided 15 25.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #21
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Romney or Obama

Nope, all we need is a jackass to spoon feed us pretty words and someone who won't loss off foriegn diplomats. The presidency is a more symbolic than concrete. If Americans wanted to change the country, then they'd stop giving a shet about the presidency and start worrying about congress. You know, the people who can pass vetod laws, declare war legally, and decide the fate of our country as ! Whole.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #22
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

The economy is more important in my opinion. I should be responsible for myself, the government shouldn't have to do that for me. I understand that some people are having a rough time and can't dish put money for themselves, but is Obama helping their situation at all? There's no jobs for people to provide for themselves.

And then again, what's a 17 year old know? xD

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #23
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black King View Post
The economy is more important in my opinion. I should be responsible for myself, the government shouldn't have to do that for me. I understand that some people are having a rough time and can't dish put money for themselves, but is Obama helping their situation at all? There's no jobs for people to provide for themselves.

And then again, what's a 17 year old know? xD
The reason it has become so difficult is because government has screwed up the economy, just pointing that out there.

The president really only deals with international issues and can make Executive Orders. Congress and the House have more say in important things. Even vetoing is something that can be overrun.

I just think Romney has more negatives than Obama. He also contradicts himself constantly and is basically an ass.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #24
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru D. Shinigami View Post
The reason it has become so difficult is because government has screwed up the economy, just pointing that out there.
Yeah, that's my point. xD
I don't care how much of an ass Romney is. We aren't shopping for a new best friend. If he can do it, let him try. Obama had his turn and what progress did he make?
I know Romney has plenty of negatives, but every politician does. Romney isn't the best choice. Obama isn't the best choice. This election is basically a contest to see who's less crappy than the other. >__>

Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #25
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

The one that doesn't support Keynesian economics.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #26
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

He wants to send more troops to Iraq and doesn't support gay marriage, which are like the only things I really have an opinion on.

Also, the unemployment rate sky rotted the first year Obama was president, but has actually been decreasing since then.

Imagine Romney handling foreign affairs. He's an ass who wants to send more troops to Iraq. I don't see our international brethren liking a guy with a superiority complex.

YouTube:
src="
Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #27
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
I just think Romney has more negatives than Obama. He also contradicts himself constantly and is basically an ass.
Not only that, but he also gives out blatantly false information. He doesn't even deny it when show factual evidence that negates his claims.

If you are voting for Romney then you in one of 3 categories: GOD, Unwavering Republican who will not vote for a Democrat no matter what, or voter who hasn't done any research at all into Romney's policies and claims.

Thankfully it is pretty clear that Obama is going to win. So the US and the world can breathe a sigh of relief when he does.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #28
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Romney doesn't want to send troops to Iraq. He just wanted a status of force agreement signed with Iraq, which Obama wanted to. His adminstration just failed, which allowed Iraq to become all buddy buddy with Iran. In any case, that is water under the bridge. You can put troops in Iraq now unless you invaded it

The number of people working during Obama years has never been more than any single day of the Bush years. Ever.

Already answered that. At least Romney would not flat out lie to the American people about Libya. Superiority complex? I am pretty sure that is Obama . Just look at how he talks about Israel.

Edit: it is pretty clear Obama is going to lose. Look at the Gallup polls.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #29
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Wooster, please don't use your trolling abilities to encourage people to vote for Romney.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #30
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Ronney seems like a puppet. Obama is meh. I rather go with the meh over someone who will most likely just focus on their parties ideals. The same party that crippled us in the first place. That being said Democrats are soft and I don't agree with a lot of their ways either.
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #31
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
Wooster, please don't use your trolling abilities to encourage people to vote for Romney.
You mean logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
Ronney seems like a puppet. Obama is meh. I rather go with the meh over someone who will most likely just focus on their parties ideals. The same party that crippled us in the first place. That being said Democrats are soft and I don't agree with a lot of their ways either.
Puppet of what? Seems to me he beat the Republican party to his will.

But Obama is just Bush on steroids. Isn't that the same ideas?

Not to mention that the Bush years are vastly superior to the Obama years, use any metric: GDP, employment, household income. The crash only occured after the 2006 elections when the Democrats took over the congress in huge numbers. And afterall, Congress makes the budgets.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #32
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Romney is just another reupblican THAT WILL PROTECT THE RICH!!!
How is he different from Bush? Romney just acts like he knows about the middle class and he does not know the struggles

Romney has Political PMS! This means he changes his mind constantly! I would vote for Roomeny BUT WHAT DOES HE STAND FOR!! He will promise us one thing but when he gets into office he would have changed his mind! I really can not trust him

You guys blame Obama for the Economy BUT ROMENY DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A PLAN!!! Can anyone tell me his plan on how he is going to deal with the economy??? Seriously he is all talk!!

Have you seen Romeny in the debates??? He is hot-headed and out of control!! He constantly acts like he knows the rules and agrues with the judge/proctor of the debates!
Romney even told Obama what Obama said... AND IT WAS FALSE! It was about how Romeny said that Obama did not say that their was not a terroist act (you know what happened to the ambassador)

And lets not forget what Rombeny said about the 47% and putting women in a bind comment
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #33
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

sorrry guys
QUOTE=Wooster;6308319]You mean logic?

Puppet of what? Seems to me he beat the Republican party to his will.

But Obama is just Bush on steroids. Isn't that the same ideas?

Not to mention that the Bush years are vastly superior to the Obama years, use any metric: GDP, employment, household income. The crash only occured after the 2006 elections when the Democrats took over the congress in huge numbers. And afterall, Congress makes the budgets.[/QUOTE]
yoooooooooooooooo
Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #34
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
He wants to send more troops to Iraq and doesn't support gay marriage, which are like the only things I really have an opinion on.

Also, the unemployment rate sky rotted the first year Obama was president, but has actually been decreasing since then.

Imagine Romney handling foreign affairs. He's an ass who wants to send more troops to Iraq. I don't see our international brethren liking a guy with a superiority complex.
All of those things are important, but gay marriage won't give you a job. Those are things that can be changed when we aren't in the economic state we're in. And I don't support war, but it creates jobs. The sacrifice isn't worth jobs, I know. But I'd have opportunity over cutting the military. I just joined the military and my pay grade is E-1 right now. With the program and job I was enlisted in, they usually get bonuses for signing up for it because its advanced and undermanned, sometimes they go in as E-2 or E-3 just for enlisting in the program. That's gone. My sister, my brother, my friends, everyone in the military, they were all biting their nails and staring at their LES because they almost didn't get paid not once, but twice just last year. So that all of these luxury government programs could be funded. This isn't only a leader we're electing, but my Commander-In-Chief.

Last edited by Black King; 10-23-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #35
PrinceofPeace
Banned

LOVE>>>Jobs

Last edited by PrinceofPeace; 10-23-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #36
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

^I really hope you're joking.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #37
PrinceofPeace
Banned

of course
Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #38
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

In defense of Republicans, or at least defense against Democrats, I want to point out the whole thing about the rich paying more/less.

10% of 30000 is 3000.
10% of 500000 is 50000.

Giving equal taxes would mean this richer person pays 47000 more.

Let's look at this:

10% of 3000 is 3000.
25% of 500000 is 125000.

That means the upper class would be paying 95000 more.

Next:

25% of 30000 is 7500.
10% of 500000 is 50000.

Even here, the upper class pays 425000 more.

Now, where is the problem in that? They can afford it, right?

Well, let's think for a second. Who typically creates businesses? The higher class. Is the higher class going to pay for a business when they have to pay more for it or when they pay less? I would say less.

If the higher class doesn't create the business because it costs to much, that business never exists. If that business never exists, no extra jobs are giving out. If no one has jobs, no one can afford anything. If that business never exists, how do we strengthen the economy? Not saying the lower class should have to pay more. After all, do you see those numbers? That's a lot to be taken out. However, raising the taxes of the higher class only messes with things too.

YouTube:
src="
Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #39
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

^I agree.

If I make millions a year, that means I earned it. How fair is it that the upper class should pay more just because they've made their way there? That's like making someone with a factory job pay more than someone in a resteraunt business. Making the upper class give more is just people being butt hurt about someone making more than them. If I can afford to give to charity, should I be forced to?

Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #40
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
Romney is just another reupblican THAT WILL PROTECT THE RICH!!!
How is he different from Bush? Romney just acts like he knows about the middle class and he does not know the struggles

Romney has Political PMS! This means he changes his mind constantly! I would vote for Roomeny BUT WHAT DOES HE STAND FOR!! He will promise us one thing but when he gets into office he would have changed his mind! I really can not trust him

You guys blame Obama for the Economy BUT ROMENY DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A PLAN!!! Can anyone tell me his plan on how he is going to deal with the economy??? Seriously he is all talk!!

Have you seen Romeny in the debates??? He is hot-headed and out of control!! He constantly acts like he knows the rules and agrues with the judge/proctor of the debates!
Romney even told Obama what Obama said... AND IT WAS FALSE! It was about how Romeny said that Obama did not say that their was not a terroist act (you know what happened to the ambassador)

And lets not forget what Rombeny said about the 47% and putting women in a bind comment
Protect the rich? So conversely, Obama will attack the rich? Is that a good idea?

Romney has been relatively consist. Remember when Obama hated Gitmo? Or the horrible "torture" of pouring water on people's faces? Those were the days. Now we kill people with drones, with a high casuality rate by the way.

What is Obama's plan? Romney has a plan. You may not like, but it is certainly a plan. He mentions it all the damn time.

Hot headed? Have you seen Obama?

Incorrect. Obama may have mentioned acts of terrorism in the Rose Garden but that in regard to Sept. 11. Not to the Libya attack. The moderator admitted as much after the debate and said that Romney was mainly in the right Not to mention Susan Rice, Obama's press secretary, and Obama himself on the View, with David Letterman and to the U.N. said that is was a protest due to a video. This was false, and he knew it was false. What is that called? Oh yes, a lie. A big fat lie to the American people.

Let's not forget Obama saying about people clinging to guns and religion.
Romney got binders recommending women by a women's group for positions when he Governeor of Mass.? OHH noes! Wait.. isn't that good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black King View Post

All of those things are important, but gay marriage won't give you a job. Those are things that can be changed when we aren't in the economic state we're in. And I don't support war, but it creates jobs. The sacrifice isn't worth jobs, I know. But I'd have opportunity over cutting the military. I just joined the military and my pay grade is E-1 right now. With the program and job I was enlisted in, they usually get bonuses for signing up for it because its advanced and undermanned, sometimes they go in as E-2 or E-3 just for enlisting in the program. That's gone. My sister, my brother, my friends, everyone in the military, they were all biting their nails and staring at their LES because they almost didn't get paid not once, but twice just last year. So that all of these luxury government programs could be funded. This isn't only a leader we're electing, but my Commander-In-Chief.
Gay marriage has nothing to due with the president.
In fact, both Obama and Romeny think it should be left to individual states. Everything else they say is fluff.

Cutting military isn't just preventing war. In fact, building a decent military CAN prevent war, such as missile defense, which Obama cut. Anyway, Obama is now saying he is NOT cutting with the sequestor, which is $500 billion of that Romney mentions. So now the only difference is the remaining $500 billion over ten years. I think that would be useful for updating the aging military equipment, but I guess instead we will just have to go to war with the army we have.

Quote:
In defense of Republicans, or at least defense against Democrats, I want to point out the whole thing about the rich paying more/less.

10% of 30000 is 3000.
10% of 500000 is 50000.

Giving equal taxes would mean this richer person pays 47000 more.

Let's look at this:

10% of 3000 is 3000.
25% of 500000 is 125000.

That means the upper class would be paying 95000 more.

Next:

25% of 30000 is 7500.
10% of 500000 is 50000.

Even here, the upper class pays 425000 more.

Now, where is the problem in that? They can afford it, right?

Well, let's think for a second. Who typically creates businesses? The higher class. Is the higher class going to pay for a business when they have to pay more for it or when they pay less? I would say less.

If the higher class doesn't create the business because it costs to much, that business never exists. If that business never exists, no extra jobs are giving out. If no one has jobs, no one can afford anything. If that business never exists, how do we strengthen the economy? Not saying the lower class should have to pay more. After all, do you see those numbers? That's a lot to be taken out. However, raising the taxes of the higher class only messes with things too.
Not even the higher class. The business itself could create a decent amount of money, which a middle class owner will shovel back into the business to keep it going.

And here's the interesting thing, while indeed only 3% of small bussiness are affected by Obama's increase in taxes for those making over $200,000 a year that is where the vast majority of employeees are. The reason for this is there are many many, self employed "businesses" of one or two people selling knick-knacks over the internet or baby sitting, but a business with 15, 20, 30 employees will tend to make over $200,000 a year.

But maybe you really need to raise revenue, so should you do this? But Obama's plan doesn't do it. If you think you need to raise taxes, the only way to get money is to raise taxes on the middle class. The so called "cost" of the Bush taxes cuts is almost entirely because of cuts of the taxes rates to the middle class.
So until Obama proposes this, he is just pandering.