Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on Scottish independence?
I fully support Scottish independence 7 58.33%
I do not support Scottish independence 0 0%
I have no opinion about Scotland 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao
Default Scottish independence?

For many centuries now, Scotland has wished for independence from English rule, and in 2014 an election will finally be held to decide this nation's faith. What is your view on the independence of Scotland?

My own opinion:
Spoiler:

Scotland was taken by force and has struggled in vain for their independence, yet they have done all in their power to protect their nationality. For such a struggle I fully support Scottish independence from English rule and offer my complete solidarity with the Scottish people.

Last edited by Ninja of Cao; 10-22-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Scottish independence?

Scotland is a welfare state of Britain now. For their own interests this is an very stupid idea. They need London's dosh. LOADS OF MONEY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Scotland is a welfare state of Britain now. For their own interests this is an very stupid idea. They need London's dosh. LOADS OF MONEY
No we don't. In fact, it's London's policies that overrule our stuff (eg, our own money can't even be used in England). I fully support Scotland going independent.
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Governemnt spending is well over 50% GDP. Enjoy your proverty.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

I must admit that I am not very familiar with the situation in Scotland today, although am currently improving my knowledge mainly by historical documentaries and movies (I've just begun watching Braveheart). Plus I mostly play as the Scottish in Medieval II: Total War, but never the English.

But even if I am unfamiliar with Scottish history and culture, a country and people that have struggled for hundreds of years for independence without losing their faith, is definitely worthy of independence.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Over the last hundred years they haven't struggled, sucking at the teat would be a more apt statement.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Over the last hundred years they haven't struggled, sucking at the teat would be a more apt statement.
Note that a struggle for independence must not always be done with military force. There are much less bloody ways of achieving political goals.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Which haven't been done either besides some autonomy currently.

Anyway, it would be a boon for the Brits to let them go at least in the long run.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #9
Immanuel Kant
Genin

Immanuel Kant has completed a tough C-rank mission!Immanuel Kant has completed a tough C-rank mission!Immanuel Kant has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Whoa, before you form any opinion you need to study a LOT more than just a hollywood portrayal. This goes waaay deeper than all that. Not that I am saying I am against Scottish, Irish or Welsh independence. (I pretty sure there are not that many where I live as big a proponent as I am) I am just saying, don't hurt the cause; that's step uno in destroying a movement.
Immanuel Kant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I'd rather see irish independence first.
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret

It's fully within their rights for their population to make the decision however becoming independent means you need a strong government because a weak government destroys not only the politics but the quality of life within the country this is needless to say really hard to set up however if the population wants it I'm a sure they will work to make a suitable government also that problem will arise whenever independance is given therefore there is never going to be a perfect time although prehapps the current economic balance of the Uk and EU isn't the best.

Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Governemnt spending is well over 50% GDP. Enjoy your proverty.
You seem to have a tendency to post confidently on things where I'm skeptical you've done THAT much research. I'm casually familiar with the Scotish independence dilemma but will refrain from having an opinion on an issue that I'm sure is more complicated than Western media makes it appear.

If a citizen of the actual country was disagreeing with me I'd back down from what I think I know for just a second and do a bit more reading. Your comments are extremely one sided and charged, as if you're actually a part of this conflict (which as I said before I don't know where you live but I was under the impression you were American; maybe you have English or Scottish heritage idk).

Last edited by JLI2infinity; 10-29-2012 at 05:36 PM.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
Immanuel Kant
Genin

Immanuel Kant has completed a tough C-rank mission!Immanuel Kant has completed a tough C-rank mission!Immanuel Kant has completed a tough C-rank mission!

No, Wooster is right in pointing out all the Economic disadvantages. You cannot have a revolution or independence unless your economy can change and not be dependent. The only reason it worked for the US is distance, resources and the fact England was spending too much money fighting a war across the ocean. Well, one of the only reasons. You have to look to Hegel and Marx to understand movements.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #14
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI2infinity View Post
You seem to have a tendency to post confidently on things where I'm skeptical you've done THAT much research. I'm casually familiar with the Scotish independence dilemma but will refrain from having an opinion on an issue that I'm sure is more complicated than Western media makes it appear.

If a citizen of the actual country was disagreeing with me I'd back down from what I think I know for just a second and do a bit more reading. Your comments are extremely one sided and charged, as if you're actually a part of this conflict (which as I said before I don't know where you live but I was under the impression you were American; maybe you have English or Scottish heritage idk).
It's called reading the Economist.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
Immanuel Kant
Genin

I love sound scientific evidence. Smells like pineapples and un pious research.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

But to go into greater detail. If Scotland got all the North Sea revenue, it be nearly a wash and they could become a welfare petrostate like Norway. HOWEVER, the North Sea is running dry AND shutting down oil rigs costs even more money on top of that.

So, Scotland would be screwed.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #17
Immanuel Kant
Genin

I would like to point out the alternative energy research Ireland has been doing when it comes to utilizing wind energy.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #18
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I'd like to point out wind research is a pipe dream.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #19
Immanuel Kant
Genin

I would like to point out I am just posting because I am going nuts and that that pipe dream could pay off Ireland's debt in matter of years.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #20
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Ireland is going to be in debt for a loooong time. It's what you get for living on the hair of the dog.

*makes off color Irish drinking analogy* :3

Tags
great britain, independence, politics, scotland