Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Off-Topic

Off-Topic For anything under the sun that won't fit elsewhere!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami
Default When I Get A Research Paper

Monday:

Me on Tuesday and Wednesday:

Me on Thursday:

Me on Friday:

Me on Saturday:

Me Today:

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Default Re: 500 Word Paper

500 words doesn't seem to be a lot, when you really think about it.

BF:

Spoiler:

Throw Rasen-Shuriken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Rasen-Shuriken View Post
500 words doesn't seem to be a lot, when you really think about it.
It really isn't at all. The chapters in my book are ten times longer. The hardest part is actually making yourself sit down to do it.

YouTube:
src="
Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I write off-hand notes to myself longer than that .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
We do in-class writings sometimes in the class and once I had an in-class write that was twice the size of this paper.

YouTube:
src="
Old 10-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru D. Shinigami View Post
It really isn't at all. The chapters in my book are ten times longer. The hardest part is actually making yourself sit down to do it.
That's when you sleep write. If you can write without looking, then you can do the above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
Same, I write and type all sorts of things that are longer than 500.

BF:

Spoiler:

Throw Rasen-Shuriken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I would love to write a paper that short.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Quote:
This describes me, too.
I CANNOT make myself do something, but if I somehow manage to do it, I finish it quickly.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
narutogirl13
Special Jonin Candidate

narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

A 500 word paper isn't that long if you think about it

1. Crair Uchiha
2. Ninja Pink
3. joon61
4. Ninyn
5. Souret
6. Shinagato
7. Rogue Uchiha18
8. Stormy_Uchiha
9. Shisko Shi
10. Gaara-Shukaku
11. The sage of the six paths
narutogirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Red
sorry red :(

Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

My research paper was about 50 times that.

I don't know what to put here yet, so I leave you with a nice picture of a buffalo.

Spoiler:
Haha, just kidding.

<3 this heart represents the bromance of Red and RockyL. /brohug
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

500 words thats hardly anything.

Edit: The one on Saturday is wrong. You don't use that micro meme like that!

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #12
tanduhman
Special Jonin Candidate

tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

My ten reading responses to the book I had to read in class ended up going to 3,000 words haha. I could see you doing this though maik.

Amazing things that tantan approves
Spoiler:

1. My best friends
2. Playing guitar is sexy
3. working out.. i know this sounds ridiculous, and jug headed, but it honestly clears my mind. Nothing better to release steam on than some weights. Not only that but completing a self created goal is priceless. I have constant goals through my training routine, and I plan to break them!
tanduhman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
500 words thats hardly anything.

Edit: The one on Saturday is wrong. You don't use that micro meme like that!
No, it's right. I use it that way because that's the day I decided I wasn't going to do in until today.

YouTube:
src="
Old 10-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #14
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi
Default Re: When I Get A Research Paper

This is me, except on today, it's "Challenge failed, return to base"
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #15
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

I hated most of my papers I had to do. I either didn't have enough words to write (I had a paper around 500 words and I ended up writing 3x because the limit didn't provide enough to write a full functional paper, at least not one I felt worthy to turn in; had to cut and rearrange it so much) what I want properly, or they want too many words for no legitimate reason. If I can get the entire point across in 1000 words instead of 3000 then I simply wrote a superior paper using a more focused method and likely superior wording, yet they'll mark it down anyway simply on the basis of not having enough words padding out the fluff.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #16
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
I hated most of my papers I had to do. I either didn't have enough words to write (I had a paper around 500 words and I ended up writing 3x because the limit didn't provide enough to write a full functional paper, at least not one I felt worthy to turn in; had to cut and rearrange it so much) what I want properly, or they want too many words for no legitimate reason. If I can get the entire point across in 1000 words instead of 3000 then I simply wrote a superior paper using a more focused method and likely superior wording, yet they'll mark it down anyway simply on the basis of not having enough words padding out the fluff.
Indeed, I agree, and you always have to do some special format. >_> The teachers probably are required to make you write a special format, it doesn't stop me from resenting it though. The problem with these 500 word papers is that I can't write 200 more words than the limit without being counted off for it. I'm not a person who writes things in 500 words. I want to go into detail about my own thoughts on things, not just what people write about in books or on websites. 500 words is only enough to write what you found on sites when you have to source them at least twice in your papers. I need at least 1000 words to write a paper on ANYTHING, and I don't like being forced to use websites and books. I like to give my opinion on things too. 1000+ words allows me to do that. I hate maximum limits.

YouTube:
src="
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Indeed, I agree, and you always have to do some special format. >_> The teachers probably are required to make you write a special format, it doesn't stop me from resenting it though. The problem with these 500 word papers is that I can't write 200 more words than the limit without being counted off for it. I'm not a person who writes things in 500 words. I want to go into detail about my own thoughts on things, not just what people write about in books or on websites. 500 words is only enough to write what you found on sites when you have to source them at least twice in your papers. I need at least 1000 words to write a paper on ANYTHING, and I don't like being forced to use websites and books. I like to give my opinion on things too. 1000+ words allows me to do that. I hate maximum limits.
Only two of my classes wanted primarily our own opinions and thoughts on the subject (after writing out the factual aspects of it; I interweave them because FLOW) both of which were taught by the same guy, figures. All my other classes to date were really against that, and in one paper I was marked down because I made an argument in a paper about fast food that fat people simply lacked the self control in most cases to just not get the food (I listed my reasons and analysis of course) -- my professor was a fat cow. She even specifically called me out in the class saying my paper was too harsh. Yeah, no one else I gave the paper to in that class thought that, they were all in shape though.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #18
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I wish all papers were 500 words. Is it my fault I can explain anything with a judicious choice of a few well-placed words? I'M TERSE, DAMMIT

Then again, I did write a 400-page thesis, but it had lots of diagrams and graphs P:

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #19
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornmusion View Post
Only two of my classes wanted primarily our own opinions and thoughts on the subject (after writing out the factual aspects of it; I interweave them because FLOW) both of which were taught by the same guy, figures. All my other classes to date were really against that, and in one paper I was marked down because I made an argument in a paper about fast food that fat people simply lacked the self control in most cases to just not get the food (I listed my reasons and analysis of course) -- my professor was a fat cow. She even specifically called me out in the class saying my paper was too harsh. Yeah, no one else I gave the paper to in that class thought that, they were all in shape though.
I'd much prefer to hear other people's opinions as opposed to some facts about the subject. It's nice to have those facts to back up what you're saying, but facts straight out doesn't show what you think in your mind. Also, if someone gets offended by harshness, they need to grow up, especially if it was a college paper. If you're offended by being called a fat bastard, don't be a fat bastard anymore. I know in some cases that it's not exactly something that can be controlled by simply not eating. If you really want to not be fat though, make it happen. I'm kind of chubby myself, but I don't really care.

YouTube:
src="
Old 10-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #20
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I wish all papers were 500 words. Is it my fault I can explain anything with a judicious choice of a few well-placed words? I'M TERSE, DAMMIT

Then again, I did write a 400-page thesis, but it had lots of diagrams and graphs P:
Dat graph. P:<

Quote:
I'd much prefer to hear other people's opinions as opposed to some facts about the subject. It's nice to have those facts to back up what you're saying, but facts straight out doesn't show what you think in your mind. Also, if someone gets offended by harshness, they need to grow up, especially if it was a college paper. If you're offended by being called a fat bastard, don't be a fat bastard anymore. I know in some cases that it's not exactly something that can be controlled by simply not eating. If you really want to not be fat though, make it happen. I'm kind of chubby myself, but I don't really care.
I suppose given those two classes were more based on the psychology aspects and like-minded ramifications (they were a Native American history class and Sociology) than straight up hard factual teaching (2+2 = 4 etc) they naturally provided a better platform for opinions. All my classes could of done with a bit more of that though. Hell if I could of presented my own mathematical questions to be self solved via my experience as the owner of a company (through various online aspects, I.E MMO's) I'd of breezed through math, since I do really well at math I actually give a shit about (GOTTA MAKE THAT DOSH).