Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Sure they's make a great couple 0 0%
No way, some fans are crazy 3 20.00%
If she weren't in her 30's, but Gaara's age then yes 4 26.67%
No, just noooooo 8 53.33%
I'm not sure I'm too confused 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Gaara and Mei as a couple?

OK so I've never really gotten into the pairing thing other than when it comes to like NaruHina vs NaruSaku, but recently the pairing of Gaara and Mei has been brought to my attention and I personally and not really sure about it because I mean he's 16 and she's like at least 30. However what really confused me were the reasons they gave for them making a good couple, some when I stopped thinking about how old she was were I guess decent but other were just down right ridiculous and I'm going to list them for you right now.

1. They are both Kage's

2. Their personalities (Opposites Attract)

3. She was the only one willing to listen to Gaara at the Kage summit

4. She stood up for him at the Kage summit

5. She complimented him to the Tsuchi Kage at the Kage Summit

6. They seem to get along very well

7. When Gaara was kid he told Kankuro "Shut up or I'll kill you" and Mei told Ao "Shut up or I'll kill you"

8. They both have red hair

9. Gaara protected Mei from Susanoo

10. Mei and Gaara teamed up and combined their jutsu in the fight against Madara

11. They both basically fight the same way in generation but with a different element

12. The weakness to Gaara's sand is water and Mei is Gaara's "Weakness"

13. When they were defeated by Madara they were both basically in the same position

Now you see what I'm talking about when I said Ridiculous? However, in the spirit of conversation what do you guys think? Do you think Gaara and Mei would make good couple? Do you think it should even be considered as a pairing at all? and what do think of some of these reasons that fans came up with for them to be together?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
O M F G !Those rocks look like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!

"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Hotarubi Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Gaara and Mei as a couple?

Oh HELLLLLLLLLLLZ NAWH!

With the points that are shown..doesn't really qualify that they should be a couple. It seems more of a friendship. Like, Mei could relate to Gaara and be there...but I don't see romance. Mei defending Gaara just shows that shes willing to listen to him and that she's a caring individual. Gaara saved her because it was the right thing to do and they were sort of comrades. Plus Mei's "shut up or I'll kill you" is mainly comedy. Also, I don't see what hair color has to do with anything -___________-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon

They don't know each other.
I really don't think they are a good pair.

joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Wow um not bad Hyuga

-But She needs a MAN .... not a teenager! Garra is way to young... unless Mei is the cougar type. Garra has a lot of fan girls so he got them ladies!
Mei did say Saskue was handsome and she is REALLY nice to Chojuro so.........

I say naw mainly cuz of the age difference
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
narutogirl13
Special Jonin Candidate

narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

I don't really see a relationship here either. Sure he protected her from Susano'o, ONE time, does not automatically make them a couple. And as WishfulFairie said, what does hair color have to do with anything?

1. Crair Uchiha
2. Ninja Pink
3. joon61
4. Ninyn
5. Souret
6. Shinagato
7. Rogue Uchiha18
8. Stormy_Uchiha
9. Shisko Shi
10. Gaara-Shukaku
11. The sage of the six paths
narutogirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
Wow um not bad Hyuga

-But She needs a MAN .... not a teenager! Garra is way to young... unless Mei is the cougar type. Garra has a lot of fan girls so he got them ladies!
Mei did say Saskue was handsome and she is REALLY nice to Chojuro so.........

I say naw mainly cuz of the age difference
Listen before we go on because I'm not sure if anyone payed attention, I'm merely telling you what reasons I've heard about why they should together. Now I admit that SOME of them might make somewhat OK reasons for why they should be together, but I would only even consider going along with it IF she were his age or IF he were her age.

Currently I don't really see any reason for them to be together, I'm just amazed at some of the reasons they came up with.

"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarubi Hyuuga View Post
Listen before we go on because I'm not sure if anyone payed attention, I'm merely telling you what reasons I've heard about why they should together. Now I admit that SOME of them might make somewhat OK reasons for why they should be together, but I would only even consider going along with it IF she were his age or IF he were her age.

Currently I don't really see any reason for them to be together, I'm just amazed at some of the reasons they came up with.
Oh we understood......it was just prince >.>

Quote:
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

If you ^ looked at the poll you would see that I agree with Hyuga so it is not just me

I agree that they would be a good couple IF they were near the same age! Unlike you I did not compeltey dismiss the idea
Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
If you ^ looked at the poll you would see that I agree with Hyuga so it is not just me

I agree that they would be a good couple IF they were near the same age! Unlike you I did not compeltey dismiss the idea
Where in my post did I say anything about age?? Given the points, I don't think they're a good couple even if they were the same age. Not once have I ever seen a hint of romance. I gave my response as if they were the same age hmmph!

Quote:
Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Don't ask me what they both have red hair has to with it, I honestly don't understand a few of these reasons, like the water being the weakness to sand or the fact that they were both face down when Madara defeated them.

I honestly do think that some of these fans might actually be crazy.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

go head gaara

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Oh, you

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #13
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post
Oh we understood......it was just prince >.>
I understood it perfectly do not assume that I did not understand
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #14
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

she's too old for him................

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #15
Neve
Chunin Exam Participant

Neve is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Neve is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Neve is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Neve is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

No, just no. Age gap is waaaayyy to far apart.
Neve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #16
gaara lover 24
Chunin Exam Participant

gaara lover 24 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gaara lover 24 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gaara lover 24 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gaara lover 24 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

no...just nooo...actaully hell no cuz shez like 30 nd gaara's probably 16 or 17 now...

you are bound to protect something that is precious to you

PROUD TO BE A MUSLIM

love gaara
gaara lover 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
Hinata126
Chunin Exam Proctor

Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Nooooooo, too wrong!!!!!!!!

Member of the Village Hidden In The Shadows and proud.
Owner Of the
Offitial FCs.

Spoiler:

Hinata126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #18
Shinagato
Special Jonin Candidate

Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Send a message via Skype™ to Shinagato

What the actual (censored)?
I had to look twice to make sure this was actually a topic.
Shinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #19
Shukketsu
Genin Elite

Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
With the points that are shown..doesn't really qualify that they should be a couple.
What are you talking about? The points raised in the original post are definitive proof that the two should be together.

At any rate, no. I too was surprised by the very existence of this topic.
Shukketsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
couple, gaara, kazekage, mei terumi, mizukage, pairing