Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #81
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor

Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: [ALL USERS MUST READ THIS] Forum Transition Discussion

I don't really see what the problem is with the current format or why there is a need to change to a general Viz forum when there isn't even a set ending date for the Naruto manga. I'm a much bigger fan of Naruto than any of the other Viz licensed series. That being said, I'm not opposed to the change as long as all of the Naruto related content is maintained.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #82
Naruto Namikazi
Chunin Exam Participant

Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

My suggestions IF the BG gets changed, which i know the staff already said that there was no actual confirmation on that part.

You can either user prefixes for Each Manga/Anime or you can have sub section for each Anime/Manga... Thats really not a big deal, easily solved

And

Quote:
Maybe there can be sub sections for entertainment for example.

Entertainment
-Music
-Sport
-T.V
In my opinion this is just making too many sections that are useless. That section doest have the activity required to have so many sections. Its just one section and people discuss whatever they want in there, that is on topic of course.

I am no staff, i just post my opinions. So staffers will probably post on that matter soon. And hopefully answer on the first part of this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godaime Kazekage View Post
I don't really see what the problem is with the current format or why there is a need to change to a general Viz forum when there isn't even a set ending date for the Naruto manga. I'm a much bigger fan of Naruto than any of the other Viz licensed series. That being said, I'm not opposed to the change as long as all of the Naruto related content is maintained.
This change will not affect your fun on the forum or anything on it, you will still enjoy talking about Naruto and doing all the things you have been doing up to this point, the only difference is that now after this change, other people who prefer One Piece or Bleach, or dont even watch ANYTHING other than One Piece or Bleach will have a chance at having fun of their own as well... Easy and simple, everyone gets happy!
Save Us

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Naruto Namikazi; 09-30-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #83
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3thall3g3nd View Post
Maybe there can be sub sections for entertainment for example.

Entertainment
-Music
-Sport
-T.V
We actually spoke about this already. Sports and TV specifically don't really have enough to warrant them a section. The Entertainment forum will probably stay as is.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 09-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #84
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Why is the forum for other anime under Internationalization? I thought that was just for members who didn't have English as their first language? If it's supposed to be, wouldn't that be good for Member Support?
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 09-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #85
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto Namikazi View Post
ts really not a big deal, easily solved

And

In my opinion this is just making too many sections that are useless. That section doest have the activity required to have so many sections. Its just one section and people discuss whatever they want in there, that is on topic of course.

I am no staff, i just post my opinions. So staffers will probably post on that matter soon. And hopefully answer on the first part of this post

This change will not affect your fun on the forum or anything on it, you will still enjoy talking about Naruto and doing all the things you have been doing up to this point, the only difference is that now after this change, other people who prefer One Piece or Bleach, or dont even watch ANYTHING other than One Piece or Bleach will have a chance at having fun of their own as well... Easy and simple, everyone gets happy!
Discussions on the BGs have created a general opinion of either expanding the section through creating Bleach and One Piece debate verses, or to either change the Narutoverse forum into an Anime/Manga vs. Anime/Manga section, a la the OBD.

Yup. The entertainment section alone is getting nowhere near the activity it needs to justify such an expansion.

Doesn't matter if you're a staff member or not. Post your opinions away, my man.

Let's be honest. Half of the people who post in the Bookstore section aren't even fans of Naruto. Hell, some of them even hate the series or at least are no longer interested in it, but yet still read it from time to time.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #86
Naruto Namikazi
Chunin Exam Participant

Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
Let's be honest. Half of the people who post in the Bookstore section aren't even fans of Naruto. Hell, some of them even hate the series or at least are no longer interested in it, but yet still read it from time to time.
Exactly... Many people are here for just a forum experience and many of them are OP and Bleach fans more than Naruto... So this is basically making the Naruto fans happy but this time the rest can get a bite of that happiness and enjoyment. In the end = Everyone happy and enjoying their stay on Viz, basically a win win

Quote:
Doesn't matter if you're a staff member or not. Post your opinions away, my man.
Thnx... Will keep posting them for sure, i love to help
Save Us

Old 09-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #87
-Naruto-
Special Jonin Candidate

-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Transition will be cool, and overall better for all communities to flourish.
I change my mind. I want to submit a different one.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #88
l3thall3g3nd
Chunin Exam Proctor

l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru D. Shinigami View Post
We actually spoke about this already. Sports and TV specifically don't really have enough to warrant them a section. The Entertainment forum will probably stay as is.
Yea can see your point no one really talks about sport in entertainment or the sports I'm intrested in like football/soccer or boxing thanks for the reply maik. Any idea which the switch will be happening.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #89
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Yahoo to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Skype™ to LilHinataGirl

I'd really like more viz related animes for avatars... If you don't mind

LHG

Spoiler:

Old 09-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #90
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

That's the thing though. We cant have viz related anime avatars. There is a reason I posted the avatar request so we dont have to wait to get viz owned avatars.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #91
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto Namikazi View Post
Exactly... Many people are here for just a forum experience and many of them are OP and Bleach fans more than Naruto... So this is basically making the Naruto fans happy but this time the rest can get a bite of that happiness and enjoyment. In the end = Everyone happy and enjoying their stay on Viz, basically a win win

Thnx... Will keep posting them for sure, i love to help
Yup, which is why I'm glad to see the forum finally expanding after all these years. Of course, I do have my concerns, these concerns primarily being the integration/isolation of these sections.

Don't thank me for stating the obvious.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #92
Ninja Pink
NDF's Pink Fairy Armadillo

Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

So the chats, clubs, and families section will probably get cleared out? With The Hot Springs thread and everything?
That's the only part I'm iffy about, because that section and the threads in there are pretty popular and fun, other than that I don't really care.

Hi I'm Pink and I
Forum girls and Ariana Grande <3

happy with my boyfriend :3
Spoiler:

Old 09-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #93
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

We can always make new threads o.o

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 09-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #94
Ninja Pink
NDF's Pink Fairy Armadillo

Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxHead View Post
I know, but it said the whole section would get changed to just a fan club and families section. A Hot Springs is not really a fan club or a family so it wouldn't fit.

Hi I'm Pink and I
Forum girls and Ariana Grande <3

happy with my boyfriend :3
Spoiler:

Old 09-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #95
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxHead View Post
Threads like the Hot Springs are kept around usually because of a nostalgic factor. There's a lot of history that goes into it for the forum's users, so many would prefer it if the thread wasn't deleted.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #96
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Yeah, clearing that section doesn't sound very nice.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #97
ObitoUchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Honestly, since this is the american forum page, it should be all the manga in sj alpha that should get mini-sections, and one additional one for all other viz manga in my opinion.

And maybe break THAT into ones running and ones ended? I'm sorry, just throwing in ideas!

(^ ^)/)))
/_!_\ Hidan to Kakuzu: Draw me like one of your RICH girls...

Quote:
Wrinkles makes Obito tingle (#^.^#)
Official Co-leader of the Official
FC!

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your signature
Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #98
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
Threads like the Hot Springs are kept around usually because of a nostalgic factor. There's a lot of history that goes into it for the forum's users, so many would prefer it if the thread wasn't deleted.
^This

I get the feline those type of threads have a major nostalgia factor

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #99
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I'm also against clearing out that section. The Hot Springs specifically is nostalgic for me too.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 09-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #100
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

I am indifferent. But if it means that much to people, I would advise against it.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved