Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #21
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Default Re: [ALL USERS MUST READ THIS] Forum Transition Discussion

I still want my Kyubey avatar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look at how patrician I am!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Exclamation Re: [ALL USERS MUST READ THIS] Forum Transition Discussion

Ok, cue large post. I'll address each user separately.

@Megabbaut:
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
Before doing this, we need to have some Bleach & One Piece avatars.
We're more likely to get luck with One Piece avatars because the anime is not Viz Media licensed, but don't quote me on that. It's possible but unlikely.

@TheIndigoFang
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndigoFang View Post
Maybe different ranks?
Ya, the ranks are likely to change quite a lot.

Quote:
Will there be other WS's for other Manga?
I can't really say much on terms of the War System, I'll leave this to one of the other admins who has more experience with that

@Black King:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black King View Post
Everything on here is Naruto based, a lot needs to change. Post ranks, rep ranks, avatars, profiles.
Ya, ranks, reputation and profile stuff will change. I can't say for certain about the avatars, but do know that we are trying for avatars from other, totally unrelated series as well!

@BMC1994:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
This i would kill (i wouldnt but you get the point) for some new avatars.

Especialy a shanks avatar sounds nice.

does this change also mean the whole background/style is going to change i mean its pretty naruto-oriented now.
The style of the forums will most likely bee changed to match the one that is used on http://viz.com so that there's flow

@deadtaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtaka View Post
Does this mean I need to change my username?
Why would you be required to change your username when the transition occurs ? *confused*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtaka View Post
Also, I don't exactly agree with changing Chats, Clubs, and Families to Fanclubs and Families section, but I'll deal with it if it happens.
It's just becoming another Off Topic from what I can see and there's more replies than threads. Don't assume that it will change, it's just a preliminary idea for now. A thread will be made nearer transition time with what will be changed (and that'll be official)

@HokageSoulReaper:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokageSoulReaper View Post
I also agree with adding Bleach and One Piece avatars, would love to see mixed avatars too (for example, one with Naruto, Ichigo and Luffy all together in a image) if it were possible

Also have to agree with throwing in the idea of different ranks, I'd say a special rank to users depending on the year they joined, and diversify the post rank system I guess by adding more rank titles
See responses I made to Megabbaut, TheIndigoFang and Black King

For the last point, the post rank system works only based on post count: it would need a total rewrite to make it work based on other factors, sorry

@Kiko-kun:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko-kun View Post
I agree with new avatars, ranks, and such. ;_; Damn, we are going to be getting a new boatload of members. T^T
See responses I made to Megabbaut, TheIndigoFang and Black King

For last point, yeah we'll get a ton of members from this

@Ultimate combatant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
If this really has to happen, I think there should remain a section for Naruto games!!!
A games section will exist for Naruto

@Naruto Namikazi:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto Namikazi View Post
This is great and all... But... You are missing the Chapter Bets section
It's likely to stay, it won't be deleted.

Quote:
not to mention the Contests as well. But rather than having the whole contest thingy have its own part in the forum, make it just one section.

Maybe like this

Its basically more or less in the announcements cause when you log on, you immediately see a bar up top saying who is the MotM, so i think it belongs in Announcements.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm not particularly keen of making Contests not a category but I'll leave this to the other admins

Quote:
Since this is going to be a Viz Community, with more than just one Anime/Manga discussion, then i suggest the use of Prefixes for Anime/Manga contests... If you dont have certain Anime contests other than the Quiz, then here are some:

Spoiler:
Anime Contest Suggestions:
- Naruto Fan Award
-- Quiz
-- Art and/or GFX (By that i mean people draw whatever they can Naruto based theme of course)
-- RPing (A good way to increase the activity of the RP is making it one of the requirements for getting the award, of course this is more or less not fair, but its still an option)
-- Debate (Going to the BG and debating. This is a must do)
- One Piece Fan Award (Same for the above)
- Bleach Fan Award (Same for the above)

You use Prefixes for each Anime/Manga, so for example there will be 3 Prefixes, Naruto, One Piece and Bleach... So whenever a new contest is made, you just put that prefix and then just type the name of the contest normally.
Thanks for the suggestion! We'll consider this definitely

Quote:
I presume that the Member Support section is just the Techinical Issues and Feedback merged together?
Yep, pretty much. We'll employ thread prefixes here to separate tech issues from feedback.

@Maruko:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
New avatars, ranks, layouts...
See the responses I made to a few other users above.

@l3thall3g3nd:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3thall3g3nd View Post
Won't the WS have it's own section or will it be merged with RP? New avatars would be nice but it's not the most essential thing to be impumented.
I can't say for certain, I'll leave this to another admin

@Everyone: Thanks to all who have posted so far, keep your feedback and suggestions coming in! We really appreciate your views in making this forum an epic place to be!
YouTube Channel:
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #23
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

We've discussed ranks and stuff already in the staff version of this thread. What ranks do you think would be well suited for the new forums?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #24
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

I would like to keep it just Nartuo. We would need a lot of changes and this is supposed to be just Naruto.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #25
TheIndigoFang
Special Jonin Candidate

TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
We've discussed ranks and stuff already in the staff version of this thread. What ranks do you think would be well suited for the new forums?
You should be able to choose Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece ranks.

Credit: Black King

Credit: Throw Rasen-Shuriken

Credit: Maruko

Spoiler:
Quote:

@ Indigo:

#shotsfired
Quote:
You know everything Indigo-san.. V_V
Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #26
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
I would like to keep it just Nartuo. We would need a lot of changes and this is supposed to be just Naruto.
The whole point of a transition is so this site can stay around and discuss other things. Naruto will still be a discussion area here, but this site can't stay as a "Naruto" only discussion because when Naruto ends, so does this forum. Transitioning to a general viz community means we can discuss other anime and manga that Viz owns rights to and are very popular.
YouTube Channel:
Old 09-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #27
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
Why would you be required to change your username when the transition occurs ? *confused*
I was making an attempt at a funny, because the forum's changing, and naruto related usernames.

Look at how patrician I am!

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #28
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

Quote:
You should be able to choose Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece ranks.
That is too many ranks.

We gotta have ranks that is specific for Viz.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #29
TheIndigoFang
Special Jonin Candidate

TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Yeah, that would be.

Spoiler:
Quote:

@ Indigo:

#shotsfired
Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #30
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

But I guess the ranks if so will be Naruto/Bleach/OP Should be one of each when a user reaches a certain post count.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #31
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

What I was thinking is we switch off.

Ex. Academy Student - 0-10 posts
[Bleach theme]
[One Piece theme]
[Naruto theme]
Old 09-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #32
TheIndigoFang
Special Jonin Candidate

Nice.

Spoiler:
Quote:

@ Indigo:

#shotsfired
Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #33
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Awards Showcase

Or we can ask people what specifically what kind of rank they want.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #34
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
What I was thinking is we switch off.

Ex. Academy Student - 0-10 posts
[Bleach theme]
[One Piece theme]
[Naruto theme]
Not a bad idea, could always mix up the ranks so at rank 1, you get a Bleach themed rank and rank 2 is Naruto and so on.

@Everyone: Try not to concentrate on ranks, rep and avatars: think of ways to improve the forums in other departments, like what the forum should be laid out as. =]
YouTube Channel:
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #35
TheIndigoFang
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto321 View Post
Or we can ask people what specifically what kind of rank they want.
Yeah.

A lot of ppl viewing!

Spoiler:
Quote:

@ Indigo:

#shotsfired
Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #36
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Won't people's modding powers be affected with sections being added and moved?

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #37
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black King View Post
Won't people's modding powers be affected with sections being added and moved?
Ya, most mods powers will likely be affected but we will be taking a note of all the forums that people moderate before we begin messing with the forum's layout
YouTube Channel:
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #38
TheIndigoFang
Special Jonin Candidate

In Modding terms:

More people joining = More Mods

Spoiler:
Quote:

@ Indigo:

#shotsfired
Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #39
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Awards Showcase

People Joining = More Mods?

What do you mean?

Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #40
TheIndigoFang
Special Jonin Candidate

The more people who are on the forum should mean more Mods.

Spoiler:
Quote:

@ Indigo:

#shotsfired
Quote:
Closed Thread