Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #181
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Default Re: Rap Music Discussion: Where Life is Good

I'm not going to lie and blindly praise, The Cool had some weak as hell beats. So does the new album, but the good beats outshine them so I can forgive them. Even if some songs had nothing to do with others, the good songs are really good.

I think I'll have a stronger opinion after listening to the album more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look at how patrician I am!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

deadtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #182
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

They do have a tying theme. The album is about anti-america. If you get what I mean. I have listened to the album many times now, and I can truly say that I enjoy it.

Strange fruition is my favorite song.

"Now I can't pledge allegiance to your flag
Because I can find no reconciliation with your past
When there was nothing equal for my people in your math
You forced us in the ghetto, and then you took our dads"

This is so meaningful to me.

The cool's beats were fine to me. It was my favorite album.

shinmarubountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #183
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinmarubountyhunter View Post
They do have a tying theme. The album is about anti-america. If you get what I mean. I have listened to the album many times now, and I can truly say that I enjoy it.

Strange fruition is my favorite song.

"Now I can't pledge allegiance to your flag
Because I can find no reconciliation with your past
When there was nothing equal for my people in your math
You forced us in the ghetto, and then you took our dads"

This is so meaningful to me.

The cool's beats were fine to me. It was my favorite album.
I under what you mean; F & L is an album that exposes, considers, and then attempts to resolve the controversial contexts of post-American society and its' economical, political, and social beliefs/standards. Hence B**ch Bad, Around My Way, Strange Fruition, Lambo Angels, etc etc.

However, the presence of the theme itself was weak, especially when compared to the Cool or F & L. Song by song, it held up. For the entire album, maybe not .. with the one or two exceptions scattered throughout his album, Lupe's concepts however tended to be rather sporadic and thrown around. Hell, the only worse album Lupe's produced with a worse tying motif was Lasers.

Not trying to diss the album tho. Hell, it was one of the best this year.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #184
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

It's in my top 10 albums of the year, just in general, but I felt like Lupe was overly pushing his political beliefs on us sometimes. I don't know, it was probably just me.

Look at how patrician I am!

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

deadtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #185
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtaka View Post
It's in my top 10 albums of the year, just in general, but I felt like Lupe was overly pushing his political beliefs on us sometimes. I don't know, it was probably just me.
That's what mostly puts off most people from being fans of his music. They claim him as being too "preachy". And in a sense, that is true. Especially with certain songs of his, like Lamborghini Angels. It's a great song with powerful concepts and a message, but it doesn't exactly translate well into his audience. At times, there is just no underlying bridge within his songs that could invoke within his fans a sense of empathy, and it can be difficult to relate to him within a personal basis.

Which is why most people would rather prefer to Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar to of the workings of Lupe Fiasco and Immortal Technique.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #186
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I felt like that at first, but hearing the album 5 times, I don't hear the preachiness. I feel like he's just viewing the world, and voicing his opinion while doing so. When I listen to the album, I feel like I'm in the shoes of the people getting lynched in strange fruition, or riding around the city with lupe seeing terrible things in around my way, then in b-bad I see the youth being corrupted. All from an african american vantage point. Maybe you have to listen to it a few times to get into it.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #187
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinmarubountyhunter View Post
I felt like that at first, but hearing the album 5 times, I don't hear the preachiness. I feel like he's just viewing the world, and voicing his opinion while doing so. When I listen to the album, I feel like I'm in the shoes of the people getting lynched in strange fruition, or riding around the city with lupe seeing terrible things in around my way, then in b-bad I see the youth being corrupted. All from an african american vantage point. Maybe you have to listen to it a few times to get into it.
^
This, actually. It's an album that grows on you with time.

Now, seeing as this is out ... all's left is Kendrick.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #188
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

Yeah, a lot of albums are like that for me. How many times have you heard it?

Kendrick's is gonna be nasty. The art of peer pressure sucks though.

And I'm curious about whether asap's album will flop or not.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #189
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Not hating or anything, but why the hell would Kendrick put a freestyle in his debut studio album?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/goo...xe/id565833795

Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #190
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Got good kid, m.A.A.d city preordered on iTunes for deluxe, how 'bout you guys?

Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #191
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

It leaked today. And I kind of like freestyles. It shows that the rapper is still hungry.

And if you heard the heart pt. 2 kendrick lamar says that he likes doing stuff differently like putting 15 songs on an ep (which he did). So this kind of doesn't surprise me.

Last edited by shinmarubountyhunter; 10-18-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #192
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Haven't heard the leaked. I've already preordered, so might as well wait a couple of more days for the mastered, legal version. >_>

Any chance of Kendrick beating Taylor for most album sales? xD

Old 10-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #193
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

Maybe, but so far I don't really like this album. It doesn't live up to section 80 or maybe even OD.

Well atleast so far. I'm just listening to the leaked songs.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #194
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Well, so much for Kendrick's claim of gkMC being the best album in the last twenty years. >_>

I haven't listened to OD, so dunno 'bout that. Section.80 was an awesome album tho.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #195
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

You never heard OD? That was classic. That was the album that I thought kendrick would never top, until I heard section 80.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #196
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Nope.

Then again, I'm also not sure if it's supposed to be a mixtape or an album.

The tracklist on iTunes is different than the ones on mixtape sites like DatPiff. e.e

Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #197
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

It's supposed to be a mixtape. Don't waste your money buying the fake version on itunes.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #198
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

That's a fake version? e.e

But it looked so authentic! D:

Old 10-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #199
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

It's not fake, but it was released awhile after the mixtape was and has a couple different songs.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #200
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Oh well, I already downloaded the mixtape.

Might listen to it soon, but I got to get my Biology homework out of the way first. e.e

Any who, mind replying to my PM Shin?