Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Off-Topic

Off-Topic For anything under the sun that won't fit elsewhere!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Dropping in to drop some knowledge for some old friends.

Hey all, hope you've all been doing well. Since moving to Texas (been here now for almost 2 months), I have been partaking in an underground movement of cryptocurrency. I decided (so as to further the movement and help people in this world as best as I can), to drop some knowledge of this currency, how to obtain it, it's uses and it's pros/cons.

I will also be linking several sites for you to reference. Keep in mind, that if you are in any way politically active or even just aware of the current economically aware, then that's why I am posting this. This is for your disposal and for your own education should you seek alternative currency to USD, Euro etc. This cryptocurrency I speak of, is also exchangable to the aforementioned currencies as well, or you can buy gold/silver with this cryptocurrency which is worth (or will be worth) far more than current accepted national currencies.

This currency I speak of is called BitCoin. It is a P2P currency developed by a mystery man named Satoshi, primarily intended for the use of us underground developers and entrepaneurs. If you do not know what P2P is, please look it up as explaining BitCoin in itself will take a bit for me to write, but just know it is literally computer code and BitCoin is computer coded currency.

The questions I get a lot on this from others are "How do you get them, what are they used for, and how do you measure the exchange for dollar or euro amount."

Firstly, BitCoins are accumulated through Mining rigs. Mining rigs are either comprised of GPU, CPU or ASIC's or a variety of both.

Other questions can be answered here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ

Also, google is your best friend for researching this (if you do in fact become interested).

Google: How To Mine BitCoins, BitCoin Mining Rig Comparitive List (These lists show you the stats of the rigs, their wattage, their hash rates, and how many bitcoins it will produce in a day.)

The exchange rate for this cryptocurrency to actual physical dollar is completely depended on supply and demand (as is any market), except Satoshi the creator, brilliantly made it so only X amount of bitcoins can ever be made so as to battle inflation and corruption of the currency by governments and such.

Know that while this currency is underground, and almost a hacktivist style of living, it is NOT illegal. It is completely LEGAL. So for example, I mine roughly 28-30 BitCoins a month. 1 BitCoin currently equals 13.00 in US. Meaning I make anywhere from 360-390 dollars in US for literally doing nothing but keeping my computer on and my rigs functioning. Note: In order to get yourself a Mining Rig, I highly suggest using Google to find info on rigs that fit your price range, power usage, cooling setup requirements as well as desired mining rate.

The last main question, is what can I use it for. Simply this currency is usable on certain exchange sites such as coinabul.com, which accepts bitcoins for gold and silver. I will WARN that their are also black market sites that accept the currency as well, though you cannot access such markets without using a Tor or other Proxy of some type, which if you are not computer savvy I suggest staying away from such things and focus on the other current markets that aren't shady.

A good site to gather information is http://bitcoin.org/ which is the main bitcoin site.

Now to mention the pros and cons of this.

Pros: Non Taxable, Relatively fast exchange rates depending on what continent/country currency you transfer it too, non governable (at least not yet which is another story).
Cons: Mostly black market trade aside from a few, hard to obtain (it costs a decent chunk of change to get the necessary setup going, unless you're Toma and could build one of your own from scrap video cards, mother boards etc heheh).

All in all though, this cryptocurrency movement is doing very well and growing extremely fast. I am currently working with my roomate and many of his associates on a sister crytocurrency in the event that bitcoin becomes corrupted. If ours becomes tangible then I will come here again to inform about it as well.

All in all, I hope this benefits some of you in some way. The current economy status is pretty horrid, and the political end isn't much better. So, if you use what information I have given you and it helps, awesome,if not, then it is here for whenever you wish to look upon it and is forever at your disposal.

EDIT: I'll add additional links here for your disposal.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison (Comparitive Mining Rig Wiki)

Peace and blessings <3

P.S I'll be on here for the next 25 min or so to answer questions and say hello

EDIT as of 4/8/2013:

I suggest to those with minimal hardware, to consider Litecoin, the sister currency which is now valued at 7 dollars a piece. They are relatively easy to mine, and probably the better to since bitcoin difficulty has been raised substantially.

Google Litecoin for any info.
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Last edited by Jinchiruuki; 04-08-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Dropping in to drop some knowledge for some old friends.

Also an interesting idea for private monetary units. There is no reason they don't exist they just haven't in the history of mankind besides barter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Also an interesting idea for private monetary units. There is no reason they don't exist they just haven't in the history of mankind besides barter.
Barter may very well become the new currency too if the economy keeps going the way it is.

The other thing about his currency is that it is not governed by one big head honcho. It is governed by the people.

Nothing says freedom like pissing on the heads of all banks worldwide
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Old 09-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Problem with it, as you said, is it has limited use at the moment. Hard to get Wal-Mart to accept it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Problem with it, as you said, is it has limited use at the moment. Hard to get Wal-Mart to accept it
Exactly which is why myself and numerous others are working together to build viable markets that accept it.

Which I predict will happen in less than 6 months...hell probably less than 4 months.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
DragonAngel
Special Jonin Candidate

DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Jin! tl:dr!
I wanted to say hello before you leave!
DragonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonAngel View Post
Jin! tl:dr!
I wanted to say hello before you leave!
Hey bud!

When you get the time, definitly take the time to read it. It may prove useful :P

How've you been?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
Exactly which is why myself and numerous others are working together to build viable markets that accept it.

Which I predict will happen in less than 6 months...hell probably less than 4 months.
Well, good luck with it. I will just eat my coackroaches. Never ending supply

Old 09-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Well, good luck with it. I will just eat my coackroaches. Never ending supply
Radioactive cockroaches you mean.

For all you know the one you munch could of been a 1st eye witness to Chernobyl.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

They don't live that long. But given where I live, it could be a relative to one that saw the first atomic bomb.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
They don't live that long. But given where I live, it could be a relative to one that saw the first atomic bomb.
Then my point still stands you will be sh!tting glowsticks in 2 days with that diet.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #12
moonwatcher
The girl known as Raspy

moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.moonwatcher is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to moonwatcher

Jin! =P

Glad to see u!

~raspy~
moonwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
DragonAngel
Special Jonin Candidate

DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DragonAngel has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Hey bud!

When you get the time, definitly take the time to read it. It may prove useful :P

How've you been?
It's nice to hear from you, Jin.

I will most certainly read it later in the day, its the least I can do for an old Broski.

Pretty good, been taking care of a lot of things since the last time we spoke.
DragonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Jin! =P

Glad to see u!

~raspy~
Nice to see you too Raspy :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonAngel View Post
It's nice to hear from you, Jin.

I will most certainly read it later in the day, its the least I can do for an old Broski.

Pretty good, been taking care of a lot of things since the last time we spoke.
You too brother.

Good stuff, I hope all is mulling to a point of good times and happiness for you. Through struggle you can become immortal my friend. never forget that.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #15
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Then my point still stands you will be sh!tting glowsticks in 2 days with that diet.
I will be a super hero. Duh.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
I will be a super hero. Duh.
Yeah the dude with the oversized brain and has to sit in a Jetson's chair just to take a piss

Old 09-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

No, I will just be the brain

Old 09-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #18
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Hi Jin!
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #19
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
No, I will just be the brain
So no carnal pleasures? Awww you're no fun.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Hi Jin!
Hey brotha how've you been?