Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Off-Topic

Off-Topic For anything under the sun that won't fit elsewhere!

Old 09-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #21
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi
Default Re: A FB Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Actually the only unprotected speech is dangerous speech. Dangerous speech is loosely defined as speech which presents a clear and present danger without a shadow of a doubt. An example of unprotected speech would be yelling "fire" in crowded buildings. This is because the potential panic can literally get people killed.

This means neo nazis can parade downtown. This means anti-establishment "revolutionaries" can advocate civil war. Hell, it even means someone can say something offensive such as "F the troops". All because no one can prove any of this speech can actually cause another person physical harm.

Freedom of speech is a two way street. We have to let people express themselves in both favorable and unfavorable manners.
dont forget the whole Muhamade thing, stuff blows up or people get killed...

People need to reliase yes you have freedom of speech. But learn what to say and what is right.
In fact that embasy thing one of the ex-SEAL's graduated from my high school (not at the same time though)

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.

Last edited by Shisko Shi; 09-19-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Shisko Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #22
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I dont get why people get so butthurt as soon as something that offends them hits the internet.

Do you demand every person in the entire world takes back any and all insults against your 'group' in real life?

People are always not going to like things and for some weird reason we will always make sure everyone knows . Pages like these are the risc of a free medium. You dont have to visit it you dont even have to think about it. Ignore and move on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #23
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

The page itself really isn't even insulting the soldiers to such a horrible extent, and even says they do an honorable job.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 09-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokageSoulReaper View Post
Indeed, especially if they go as far as going after their families

Also, seems Soulja Boy has also said ''f the troops''...more reason to dislike him!

Saw the page too, reported it too
Yeah, he did say that. He also said that he was a real soldier and the troops are fake. He ended up apologizing, but he's only covering his ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Actually the only unprotected speech is dangerous speech. Dangerous speech is loosely defined as speech which presents a clear and present danger without a shadow of a doubt. An example of unprotected speech would be yelling "fire" in crowded buildings. This is because the potential panic can literally get people killed.

This means neo nazis can parade downtown. This means anti-establishment "revolutionaries" can advocate civil war. Hell, it even means someone can say something offensive such as "F the troops". All because no one can prove any of this speech can actually cause another person physical harm.

Freedom of speech is a two way street. We have to let people express themselves in both favorable and unfavorable manners.
That's true, but some things shouldn't be said. If they want to not support them, fine, but a page like that is just asking to piss people off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokageSoulReaper View Post
Still, messing with the troops families? that for me is just off the line
Same here, I just find it very disrespectful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post
Am I the only one not to understand what 'troops' we're talking about?
In that case I'm going to guess this is something American.
I think it is, but it might be for all the troops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
I think I read somewhere about James Holmes fan pages with memes and stuff. It hit me right in the feels. I usually don't pay attention to things like that.
I don't really notice them actually, but when I saw this page I had to say something. I know a couple people who have been to war and I'm sure they lost brothers in combat, so this page just really got to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHinataGirl View Post
Freedom of speech is freedom of speech, people dislike the fact that we have troops who fight for nonsense or fight for freedom, in my case we were the people who provoked Bin Laden to attack the United States and so I dislike the fact of fighting and they surely should have stopped after killing the guy who caused so many deaths but hey they keep going and keep provoking causing more war.

But that is just my opinion so don't dislike a group only cause they hate the army cause you don't know that the people who created or follow have lost family members cause of this matter. Just Saying, >:/
Maybe, but it's not the troops fault people die, it's the politicians who declare war. Yes, joining is voluntary, but I don't think it really is. We already pissed the enemy off, so if we stop going over there and retreat, they may come over to our soil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
I dont get why people get so butthurt as soon as something that offends them hits the internet.

Do you demand every person in the entire world takes back any and all insults against your 'group' in real life?

People are always not going to like things and for some weird reason we will always make sure everyone knows . Pages like these are the risc of a free medium. You dont have to visit it you dont even have to think about it. Ignore and move on.
Butthurt? People died in the military and those that came back most likely had seen someone die. I say it's pretty reasonable to be "butthurt" over this. And even though it's the internet, it still affects people. It annoys me when people say "it's just the internet, it's not real" because it is. You're still saying those words and it's still the same motive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
The page itself really isn't even insulting the soldiers to such a horrible extent, and even says they do an honorable job.
It doesn't say that they do. You might have went to the wrong page. Then again, I didn't like the page, so things might have been hidden from me. They had a pic on there of people holding a flag saying "We support our troops when they shoot their officers." That went too far.

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #25
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

i dont know who gave me a bad rep, but i didnt do anything bad i was adding to what esle people get to say and dont care about otheir and how it effect them. I love our troops more then you think. so dont go saing not cool.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I'm against it, but taking it down is violating their first amendment rights.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

^ i think its more poeple need to i guess a filter? you know think about what you are going to say and try not to offend people.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #28
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Here's the thing. There aren't "some things that shouldn't be said" because that's all subjective, and just because someone's opinion is different from yours' and the vast majority's, it doesn't mean that it should be banned because almost everyone hates it. It's their right and the Constitution says so.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 09-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #29
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

They're right about the constitutional right to say what they want. However, that doesn't make it right. :/
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #30
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

Awards Showcase

Like I said, right and wrong is subjective.

Also, I support the troops. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 09-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Morals are subjective.

However, there is no denying that there is a fine line between right and wrong. Rape is wrong. But things like abortion, on the other hand, are based on your beliefs.

However, saying "F the troops" is just plain disrespectful.
That's a jab at people's home/country.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #32
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

Awards Showcase

The same can be said to those racist rednecks and all of their FB pages against Muslims and Jews.

There's even been one guy who posted a thread HERE about how my native country of Myanmar is filled with Muslim hating evil Asians who would love nothing more than to see every last Muslim dead and will hunt them all down. This same guy also supports the Taliban.

Although I heavily disagree with him, I didn't delete or lock the thread, since it wasn't 100% about the ranting. Still, if he made a FB page, there are not as many rules as here and wouldn't be taken down.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Last edited by BoxHead; 09-20-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #33
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Morals are subjective.

However, there is no denying that there is a fine line between right and wrong. Rape is wrong. But things like abortion, on the other hand, are based on your beliefs.

However, saying "F the troops" is just plain disrespectful.
That's a jab at people's home/country.
This is true,but it's the internet + Facebook.

Who cares?

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #34
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I never defended those racist rednecks and all of their FB pages against Muslims and Jews. And yes, it is their given right to say whatever the hell they want to say. But like I said, just because you can, doesn't mean it's right. You could kill someone, but would you? You could rape someone, but would you?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #35
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

Awards Showcase

Different strokes for different folks. It's their opinion and it's their right to say it on the internet.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 09-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #36
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

You can be formally punished in America for killing and raping.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 09-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #37
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

Awards Showcase

I'm talking about what their opinion is, and not what about their actions. Someone can not like African Americans and post about why he hates them, but won't go out and shoot them up.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 09-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #38
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
You can be formally punished in America for killing and raping.
Going by Box's logic...who's to judge that?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #39
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Going by Box's logic...who's to judge that?
Refer to my previous quote.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #40
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Refer to Noctis's post.