Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default an issue with Nagato receiving Madara's eyes

So I think this should be mentioned in here, but there is an issue with Nagato receiving Madara's eyes. We assume that the Rinnegan and Sharingan are connected, and that if one is transplanted naturally the user wouldn't be able to deactivate it (as we see with Kakashi).

So, my first issue here is that, if we assume the Rinnegan is an enhancement of the Sharingan, then essentially speaking, since Nagato would have been inexperienced he wouldn't have access to the full potential, and the eye should revert back to its original form. From what we know now, it was like a part of Obito phased through the rock, meanings before Kakashi received his sharingan, it came with the MS pre-awakened. Even thought it was pre-awakened, it didn't sustain, it went back to its original form..that said, the same assumptions should be applied to the Rinnegan twice over, since we are assuming that not only is it a step up from the Sharingan, but furthermore a step up from the MS.

My second issue is timing, and while so many have made a good case as to "well he would have been fine with age" and that is probably true, my issue stems from the fact that no time shifted period exists where he could have received the eye. Nagato wasn't a trained shinobi at the time, couldn't use chakra in a controlled fashion etc...so no actual sense could have been made out of giving him his eyes.

I honestly believe the Uzumaki clan is a stand alone clan and considered (perhaps) the true heirs of the Sage of Six Paths, meaning that the clan was likely formed by those who are tied to both the Uchiha and Senju. There are running themes here that tie both together, however the color red is actually very important, its tied specifically to the uzumaki and uchiha, and is important because it symbolizes change. I find it interesting that Jiraya is told that his pupil will bring great change to the world, and that pupil turns out to be an Uzumaki ( x2 ).
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote