Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 09-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Connecting Rin to Nagato and Tobi

I know this is an odd thought, but if you look at chapter 599 where Obito is talking to Rin prior to the chunin exam page..She is wearing a Kimono with a marking on it (same image where Obito is pointing to his clan mark on his back).

That marking is a star, which correlates to the Fūma clan is the clan that correlates to that particular marking on her back, which is based in the Hidden rain village. Its even more interesting that we are told that one of the members of this clan is actually "the animal path" pain, which creates an even more curious question of connection to the hidden rain village.

Adding that to the fact that we know the Hidden Rain village is where the akatsuki started, it creates an interesting question to Rin's connection to the Akatsuki if any! The only other reference to this clan is through the anime, so that much is kind of left open to not really being considered.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: Connecting Rin to Nagato and Tobi

so what are you trying to say?
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

that Rin is a Path?

Shisko Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

I think Kakashi may have recgonized her

Also I think she died at a young age so she would not lood so old

Also obito should have known about the paths being used
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Its not that Rin is a path, but we can peg her clan into the Hidden Rain village, we know that the akatsuki was formed there, and that Madara some how manipulated Obito to become the way he was through (what is suggested) the use of Rin. If we argue that this was all a big set up by Madara, perhaps so was Rin's death, and (while the animal path that represents her clan was the MALE path that was replaced after the battle with Jiraiya).

I connect this because it makes me wonder if there was a reason why a non-native clan member would be living in the leaf village? It also adds to the question of her purpose, and the purpose of making us aware of what particular clan she was in. I believe her role and her death were all planned and plotted in the Hidden Rain village.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Squall
Veteran Chunin

Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Lol, Rin was a spy, Kakashi killed her...or ... She killed herself because she fell in love.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Last edited by Squall; 09-17-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Squall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

I read somewere Kakashi was unconsions at the time of her death, what about the Animal path in the Konoha attack, the little girl, could that be her. Plus Obito said to Kakashi "Because you let Rin die."

Shisko Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #8
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Wow, nice observation, man.
It would be awesome!
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #9
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall View Post
Lol, Rin was a spy, Kakashi killed her...or ... She killed herself because she fell in love.
its quite possible actually! But being a spy she would avoid drawing attention to her clan and herself! That said she shows who she is, her clan colors (so to speak) which would sort of give her away. Also, one could argue that the clan isn't inherently bad, they were known for the demon wind shuriken (I believe). I believe there has to be something there, or some convincing that she died, or perhaps a Sasori type of memory lock that was released (and she was a spy) which would be such a HUGE twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisko Shi View Post
I read somewere Kakashi was unconsions at the time of her death, what about the Animal path in the Konoha attack, the little girl, could that be her. Plus Obito said to Kakashi "Because you let Rin die."
I am not sure if he was or wasn't, that was was left purposely ambiguous, the problem here was that she died somehow, and Obito blames Kakashi. Essentially he made a promise that he simply could not keep. However, the real question comes down to what her connection (potentially) to the location that Madara probably went to. As for the Animal path, i believe we are told that the original male was a Fūma clan member, I am not sure about the female that took his place in the Pain invasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
Wow, nice observation, man.
It would be awesome!
Thanks :-) I couldn't help but believe that chapter was put out with a purpose more than we gave it. I'd guess it's full of clues that will be explained later!

Edit:
Another question to ask would be the relation of Nagato. I find it interesting that if you look at the 2nd page of Chapter 599 where you can see the entire class getting ready for the ninja academy. If you look to the far right you can see that same clan symbol on a kids shoulder, except it has the Uzumaki type of swirl in the middle. I kind of wonder if that could (perhaps) connect her to Naruto's clan as well some how, which would connect her to the uzumaki (i.e nagato).

Last edited by SilentBlade; 09-17-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #10
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Rin = Animal Path?

Explains how Obito would know of her death as well.
You should add in that Nagato had capsules to conserve the bodies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #11
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Rin = Animal Path?

Explains how Obito would know of her death as well.
You should add in that Nagato had capsules to conserve the bodies.
That is true, and not that she was the animal path, but her clan member was. It was stated that Jiraiya recognized that particular individual during their battle. You are right that Nagato had a bunch of capsules of bodies, we see the original 6, but how many more could he have had? Rin was not the Animal path (atleast I don't think so, but possibly?) It just shows that that their clan was part of that particular village.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Interesting.... It coulda been her...
One big set up....

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Daphne Lu View Post
Interesting.... It coulda been her...
One big set up....
It is an insane thought, I know, but! Kishi went to great lengths to show us in a few frames what clan she was in, and then with that connecting her to the Hidden Rain village. While we know she was of the hidden leaf based on what we saw through the flashback, it makes me wonder.

Also, thinking more closely about clues dropped through the series, now that we know her clan, looking at (perhaps another flash back i know :-/ ) Kabuto's past we come across Nonō Yakushi, who is known as an accomplished medical ninja and spy. We're never given her actual name, however the mission she agrees to take on and infiltrate was the village hidden in the stone, which is interesting due to Rin's particular connection to that village (since that was who they were fighting in the war that Obito supposedly died in) which also connects Danzo, who we know is connected to Orochimaru, Tobi and Madara (especially during the time when he wants the Uchiha to be wiped out and orders Itachi to do so).

Just a few more random thoughts and connections I thought were interesting.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #14
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I'm not getting the part with the Star/Shuriken Symbol could you tell where that symbol is shown?
I mean from Animal Path.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.

Last edited by Vivi; 09-17-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I can't link the site, I know the star shuriken represents her particular clan..I know it was somewhere referencing the Animal Path pain in the 370's chapters. Its sort of confirmed when its stated that he used that particular body for Jiraiya, apparently they had fought before and there was a scar under his head protector.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #16
Topik
Genin

Topik has completed a tough C-rank mission!Topik has completed a tough C-rank mission!

just saying...
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.
Topik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBlade View Post
I can't link the site, I know the star shuriken represents her particular clan..I know it was somewhere referencing the Animal Path pain in the 370's chapters. Its sort of confirmed when its stated that he used that particular body for Jiraiya, apparently they had fought before and there was a scar under his head protector.
You can tell the chapter and page.

And I'm asking where the Fuuma Clan Symbol was shown as I read it over and I didn't see it part for the wiki.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.

Last edited by Vivi; 09-17-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #18
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I will send you the link via PM (I hope that keeps me out of trouble), There has to be something in a chapter with no words that is expected to be observed. Her clan was said to be a revered clan, and actually some what like the Uzumaki after the destruction of the whirlpool village. Perhaps they come from all over, and like I said, in that big picture of that generation getting accepted into the academy, you see on the far right, that same symbol on an arm with a whirlpool in the middle, which leaves to question whether their particular clan had a larger role in the village at some point.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #19
Sarahmint
Freshmen Academy Student

Sarahmint is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Lightbulb Re: Connecting Rin to Nagato and Tobi

This is an interesting observation.

On NF, another theory about Rin is that she is from the Inuzuka clan, the same clan Kiba and Akamaru are in. Her face marks are from that clan and Kakashi's dogs were originally Rin's.

Speaking of the Mist Villiage, there is also speculation that Madara is Nagato's father because the old man at the end of the recent chapter looks just like Nagato.
Sarahmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #20
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmint View Post
This is an interesting observation.

On NF, another theory about Rin is that she is from the Inuzuka clan, the same clan Kiba and Akamaru are in. Her face marks are from that clan and Kakashi's dogs were originally Rin's.

Speaking of the Mist Villiage, there is also speculation that Madara is Nagato's father because the old man at the end of the recent chapter looks just like Nagato.
I can't see Rin from that clan just because she's not a dog handler, Kakashi has those as the animals in which he is connected with (like Naruto to the toads or Tsunade to the slugs). Its not so much the hidden mist village, Nagato was from the Hidden Rain village, so I don't think that would work. While they had a similar look to them, one could argue that it was the effect of using the Rinne Tensi jutsu. We know that Nagato pretty much had his life force drained out when he brought back the dead. It makes me wonder if Madara did that to bring back Obito.

As for Madara being Nagato's father, I don't see it, we know that Nagato's parents were killed in front of him.