Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Western Comics and Animation

Western Comics and Animation Show your love for art from the lands of the setting sun!

View Poll Results: Opinions on Avatar: The Legend of Korra - Season 1
Horrid 1 1.30%
Trash 0 0%
Bad 0 0%
Below Average 3 3.90%
Average 8 10.39%
Above Average 2 2.60%
Good 14 18.18%
Great 11 14.29%
Awesome 24 31.17%
Perfect 14 18.18%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #621
zombie ruler
Special Jonin Candidate

zombie ruler saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!zombie ruler saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to zombie ruler
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender // Legend of Korra

I started with a 10/10 and slowly chipped points off as the season of Korra progressed. --Score start 10/10 The story and characters in my opinion were great. I loved how different Korra's personality was compared to Aang. I liked the new setting because in 70 years some progress had to made and it was. Also favorite character Bolin.
-Score drop to 9.5/10 for the simple fact that it was hinted that Mako and Korra liked each other after the second episode.
-Score drop to 9/10 for the force Mako/Korra/Asami love triangle. It was pretty clear that Mako and Korra were going to get stuck together.
-Score rose to 9.5/10 for creepy Tarlokk because everyone needs a creepy semi-good semi-bad guy.
-Score rose to 10/10 for Amon's badassness.
-Score stayed at 10/10 for Asami because I like Asami.
-Final score 9/10 because that was the lowest my brain could make it for some reason.
Brother - Logan
Roof - Jenny (who I sometimes lay on, sleep on, and jump off of)
???-Lone (who is forever doomed to never leave)
Sister? - kakashi uzumaki

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zombie ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #622
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

I actually haven't seen this yet.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #623
Bradley
Genin

Bradley saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey989 View Post
9/10.

I really like the characters and how the seem to fit together. It's darker and I really enjoy the story. Only thing that's odd is how they wrapped up most end in the season 1 finale, so it's not like the first avatar where you knew what Aang still needed to do and learn.

Of course I read the forums about it and pick up bits and pieces but its so strange not knowing!!
Originally the show was only picked up for 12 episodes, so the creators came up with a stand-alone story that would only last for 12 episodes. Then Nickelodeon ordered another 14 episodes (and later another 26 episodes) but they were already in production for the first 12 episodes so they stuck with they story they initially had. They didn't have a longer story arc planned out that depended on getting more episodes ordered, like Avatar: The Last Airbender did, and that's why the major conflict from Book 1 is wrapped up and will not carry over to Book 2.

I will say that as much as I loved Book 1 of Legend of Korra, it would be really odd and a little underwhelming if the show were to just end as it is with Book 1. So I'm glad Legend of Korra is getting plenty more episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
I actually haven't seen this yet.
Which, the original Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra? Both are great and I highly recommend it.

What I liked about Legend of Korra was (most) of the characters: Lin Beifong, Tenzin, Korra herself, Asami, Bolin, and Tenzin's kids are all well written, entertaining, and developed. Another great part were the intimidating villains; Amon is a terrifying villain and then someone appears to be even worse than Amon but then NOPE Amon is still the top dog. The strong themes of tradition versus modernity and benders vs non-benders are nice, the action is excellent and exciting, the music is phenomenal, and the plot in general was good. All of that was great.

What I didn't like was the love triangle. A little romance is fine; the original Avatar: The Last Airbender spiced up the show with some romantic bits without focusing the show on it. Overdoing romance to the point that it makes it hard to like the characters for it is not. The romance made an otherwise likeable character (Mako) rather reprehensible. Also, the show did feel a bit rushed. Individual episodes were great but the show didn't really slow down to focus on the themes it set up. This most effects the finale, which is good in itself but kind of forgets to resolve the issue of bender and non-bender inequality. These issues aren't enough to keep me from enjoying the show immensely, but it might be for some.

Last edited by Bradley; 09-02-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #624
narutogirl13
Special Jonin Candidate

narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
Originally the show was only picked up for 12 episodes, so the creators came up with a stand-alone story that would only last for 12 episodes. Then Nickelodeon ordered another 14 episodes (and later another 26 episodes) but they were already in production for the first 12 episodes so they stuck with they story they initially had. They didn't have a longer story arc planned out that depended on getting more episodes ordered, like Avatar: The Last Airbender did, and that's why the major conflict from Book 1 is wrapped up and will not carry over to Book 2.

I will say that as much as I loved Book 1 of Legend of Korra, it would be really odd and a little underwhelming if the show were to just end as it is with Book 1. So I'm glad Legend of Korra is getting plenty more episodes.

Which, the original Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra? Both are great and I highly recommend it.

What I liked about Legend of Korra was (most) of the characters: Lin Beifong, Tenzin, Korra herself, Asami, Bolin, and Tenzin's kids are all well written, entertaining, and developed. Another great part were the intimidating villains; Amon is a terrifying villain and then someone appears to be even worse than Amon but then NOPE Amon is still the top dog. The strong themes of tradition versus modernity and benders vs non-benders are nice, the action is excellent and exciting, the music is phenomenal, and the plot in general was good. All of that was great.

What I didn't like was the love triangle. A little romance is fine; the original Avatar: The Last Airbender spiced up the show with some romantic bits without focusing the show on it. Overdoing romance to the point that it makes it hard to like the characters for it is not. The romance made an otherwise likeable character (Mako) rather reprehensible. Also, the show did feel a bit rushed. Individual episodes were great but the show didn't really slow down to focus on the themes it set up. This most effects the finale, which is good in itself but kind of forgets to resolve the issue of bender and non-bender inequality. These issues aren't enough to keep me from enjoying the show immensely, but it might be for some.
I'm also glad they're making new episodes, if they didn't, I would dock off points, too.

1. Crair Uchiha
2. Ninja Pink
3. joon61
4. Ninyn
5. Souret
6. Shinagato
7. Rogue Uchiha18
8. Stormy_Uchiha
9. Shisko Shi
10. Gaara-Shukaku
11. The sage of the six paths
narutogirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #625
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie ruler View Post
I started with a 10/10 and slowly chipped points off as the season of Korra progressed. --Score start 10/10 The story and characters in my opinion were great. I loved how different Korra's personality was compared to Aang. I liked the new setting because in 70 years some progress had to made and it was. Also favorite character Bolin.
-Score drop to 9.5/10 for the simple fact that it was hinted that Mako and Korra liked each other after the second episode.
-Score drop to 9/10 for the force Mako/Korra/Asami love triangle. It was pretty clear that Mako and Korra were going to get stuck together.
-Score drop to -9001/10 due to episode 5 sucking so much.
-Score rose to 9.5/10 for creepy Tarlokk because everyone needs a creepy semi-good semi-bad guy, who in turn is almost like Danzo and thus made the series.
-Score rose to 10/10 for Amon's badassness.
-Score stayed at 10/10 for Asami because I like Asami.
-Final score 9/10 because that was the lowest my brain could make it for some reason.
Fixed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #626
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxHead View Post
Fixed.
Episode 5 wasn't that bad. There were some fun bits and character interaction. Despite the drama, the characters have the maturity at the end to say, "You know what? We're still brothers. We're still a team. Let's not let this tear us apart." Also Tahno and his private lessons.

Put it another way: it's no "Great Divide".
Old 09-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #627
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon

LMAO
Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #628
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon61 View Post
LMAO
That's really not funny at all. I mean...is the joke supposed to be that Dora the Explorer is a Nickelodeon show whose main characters sounds similar to Korra, so replace Korra with Dora? There's just no humor to that, it just sort of is.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #629
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Can someone else find the humor in this.
Because i figured you,of all people would not find this funny.
Calm down man.
Just let it go.
I am sure you know what i am talking about.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #630
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon61 View Post
Can someone else find the humor in this.
Because i figured you,of all people would not find this funny.
Calm down man.
Just let it go.
I am sure you know what i am talking about.
Please don't mention issues from other threads in thread which has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Anyways, I am calm. The video doesn't annoy me or anything. It's just...not funny. Kind of unfunny. Other Avatar fans I've heard from don't really find it funny either. My overall reaction is "Meh".
Old 09-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #631
Sai's brother
Jonin

Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

I loved that MAD skit. <3

Sai's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #632
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
Please don't mention issues from other threads in thread which has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Anyways, I am calm. The video doesn't annoy me or anything. It's just...not funny. Kind of unfunny. Other Avatar fans I've heard from don't really find it funny either. My overall reaction is "Meh".
.............................................:roll :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai's brother View Post
I loved that MAD skit. <3
good.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #633
Bradley
Genin

I was rewatching episodes from Korra and I have come to a conclusion. Book 1 of Legend of Korra was better than book 1 of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

First off, the animation was better. That kind of goes without saying, because it's years later, with new animation techniques available, more experience from working on the first show, 16:9 aspect ratio, etc. Additionally, the choreography is better, and it feels more physical.

The overall plot is better. In Korra, everything helps the story move towards the end. It's a solid plot, and a bit more creative than the standard (but well executed) "chosen one must save the world from the evil empire by gathering the macguffins (macguffins being bending teachers/training)" that Avatar went with.

The characters are better. Remember, season 1 of A: TLA was BEFORE Toph and Azula were fully introduced. The A:TLA cast was memorable, surely, but the Korra cast outdoes the season 1 A: TLA cast. Bolin and the airbender kids hold up the comedy side, Tenzin holds the wise, sympathetic mentor role, Korra is the relatable hero, and Asami, Tarrlok, and even Amon carry the tragic character torches. Tarrlok and Amon make for terrifying villains when they go all out. And Lin Beifong is single-handedly more badass than anything in book 1 of A: TLA. The only character that drags things down is Mako (he only gets really bad toward the end though).

The music is better. I literally get chills thanks to the music at times.

So yeah, book 1 of Legend of Korra was legitimately better than book 1 of Avatar: The Last Airbender. LoK still has a ways to go before it can surpass the bar set by its predecessor's entire run, though.

Anyways, check this out. Princess Azula ordering a pizza! http://www.vocaltwit.com/4559
Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #634
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Anyone know when this is coming back on? Do we have to wait until summer?
Larry01239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #635
Sai's brother
Jonin

Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

It's rumored to resume in April I think. But... rumor .-.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #636
jkphantom
Chunin Exam Proctor

jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.jkphantom completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

What I didn't like about LoK Book 1 was the way the story was paced. I mean, I honestly thought they could've gone on longer, but no, they had to pretty much resolve every main plot point within 12 episodes!!

Here's to hoping Book 2 won't disappoint.

Quote:
RWBY: A net animation in anime style made by Rooster Teeth (the people who made Red vs. Blue) Has a cult-like following (as exemplified by jkphantom)

Spoiler:
"Ackerman's are basically the Uchiha of Attack on Titan." -spikegilfer1997
jkphantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #637
Sai's brother
Jonin

Oh, obviously it wasn't April, but according to some place it's like... fall of this year.
e.e All well... -waits-
Old 06-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #638
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Alternate story idea: What if in TLA, there just happened to be another Airbender who survived?

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #639
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxHead View Post
Alternate story idea: What if in TLA, there just happened to be another Airbender who survived?
it could of happened considering air bison taught the airbenders and more bison were found by aang after the series it's possible one of those bison taught someone air bending without anyone knowing

Spoiler:

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #640
Shoukry
Special Jonin Candidate

Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shoukry is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Shoukry Send a message via Skype™ to Shoukry

Just like the hidden dragons..

Shoukry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aang, amon, avatar, bolin, korra, mako, tarlokk is (not) an ass, tenzin