Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #101
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori15 View Post
This is a very selfish way of thinking. If somebody commits suicide, then a lot of persons will be hurt because of this. And suicide is never an answer. If someone has a problem, there is always a way out. The problems might look insoluble, but if they get over that moment and they look back, they will be asking themselves how could they think about something like suicide.
Who cares if it is selfish? Again it isn't about other people's feelings. Suicide is a legitimate answer for people who do not wish to live.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #102
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
You did basically. Why would you go through the trouble of risking your life for someone else if you didn't care?
For the fun of it.

Trouble of risking your life?

You're suicidal! You don't care about your life!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #103
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
For the fun of it.

Trouble of risking your life?

You're suicidal! You don't care about your life!
If you want to die right now, this very instant, why would you go be a firefighter?
Old 09-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #104
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagemaster777 View Post
I don't exactly believe it automatically makes you a coward. There could be different reasons for a suicide, not specifically because that person is having a horrible life. It could be due to them having a mental disorder. We can't really judge anyone for ending their own life.
I agree with this.

One of my uncles was one of those with a chronic disorder. He tried and tried and tried to kill himself for years. Either it was failed attempts, or he was able to stop himself. He got all the help you could ask for, but he couldn't get away from it. He's passed away now. He had a wife and kids, I'm sure in some way he was happy. Life is never perfect, but he had something to live for. And just because he wanted to die doesn't mean he didn't care about others. Two weeks before he passed, he practically saved my life. That story is a little too personal, but it was pretty serious. He went out of his way for others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxHead View Post
I don't encourage suicide for those people who are so down in the dumps, that they want to put a gun in their mouth and shoot themselves. There are two times where I encourage suicide.

If a mass murderer, serial killer, or overall serious ruiner of lives decides to commit suicide, I do agree with the death penalty for extreme cases, as I don't see the point of letting a world-renowned killer sit in a cell for the rest of their lives until they kick the bucket. You might as well kill them.

The other reason is toward the gravely ill. If my mom is dying from a horrible and painful disease and the doctor offers a way to keep her alive for another day or two. I would tell her that she can put herself to sleep as I'd rather see her at rest than in prolonged pain.
^Agree. Prisoners with life sentences and horrible crimes on their hands are just a waste of tax money. Sorry if that sounds cold, but oh well. >>

Quote:
If you are feeling suicidal...

then become a firefighter, cop, or join the military, etc.

If life is REALLY not worth living then risk it instead of throwing it away.
The military doesn't accept suicidal people into their ranks.. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post
I care about everyone but I don't give a dime about me. Some
People put others above themselves *thread revivall*
That's just being self sacrificial, which isn't a bad thing. But you gotta help yourself before you go helping others. I'm saying this from a personal view. I would take a bullet for you and I don't even know you. It's because I'm happy with the way I am now and I wouldn't mind helping someone else like that. Sorry of this sounds weird, but I'm being completely serious.
If you ever need someone, PM me. I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie ruler View Post
Alright for some reason I feel the need to put my two cents in this conversation.
Honestly I think suicide is very cowardly and selfish. It is a long term solution to what is most likely a short term problem. It is cowardly because like I said it is a long term solution to a more than likely short term problem. I say this based on my own personal experiences and on what I am trying to help my friend understand. It is selfish because how often do the people consider anyone else before the pull the trigger or sallow a handful of pills or before they jump. I know the reason I put why I think the way I do aren't that great. I did type up this long thing but then deleted because I made it too personal.
Again, it's situational. I don't think it's cowardice, I think it's bottom of the barrel desperate.

Quote:
Actually suicide affects everyone who knew that person...(and could make them suicidal as well)
True. Again, this is a personal experience. I have a friend of mine that recently lost a friend. He was an honors student, 4.2 GPA, a free ride to college with a golf scholarship, tons of friends, all that good stuff. He swallowed a bottle of pills and died two weeks after he graduated. The cause? His younger brother had committed suicide about a year prior. Where's that leave the parents? They have two dead sons, one dead at 15, the other at 18. I can't imagine what they think.
Quote:
Who cares if it is selfish? Again it isn't about other people's feelings. Suicide is a legitimate answer for people who do not wish to live.
Yes. There's a difference between not wanting to live and not wanting to live in pain.

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #105
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Black King^^^^^is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #106
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Woo! Someone actually understood the spew I wrote. xD

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #107
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
If you want to die right now, this very instant, why would you go be a firefighter?
But I wouldn't want to die this very instant.

...At least in my case.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #108
Satsuki
Chunin Exam Proctor

Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Why is it a cowards way out? Why isn't it just a way out?

If a person doesn't feel like there is anything worth living for, why should they be forced to continue living?
Keyword is feel.

They do not know what tomorrow will be like, they just feel like there is nothing worth living for.

The day after they kill themselves, they could have found their soul mate.
^-^
Swordsmith of the Summit Village
(and proud)
"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but you must never forget your origin."

align="center">
_/\/\/\_~~~~~~_/\/\/\_
^-^
^-^
-------
Satsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #109
Xibitz360
The Legendary Master X

Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
Or things could have gotten even worse, mate.

I think it takes a lot of guts and courage to end your own life after you have tried to overcome something time after time and still not having found an answer,someone or help. They reach a point where enough is enough.

"Neither the Angels in heaven above, nor the Demons down under the sea, can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Vee" Ich Liebe Dich So Sehr Mein Konigin!!

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited by Xibitz360; 09-15-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Xibitz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #110
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xibitz360 View Post
Or things could have gotten even worse, mate.

I think it takes a lot of guts and courage to end your own life after you have tried to overcome something time after time and still not having found an answer,someone or help. They reach a point where enough is enough.
I have reached that point but I decided not to end it all. I feel better (the thoughts aren't completely hint but I'm better). Maybe it's a personal thing, but I am just not for suicide if its caused by depression or anything else. I wont think any less of the person nor will i call them a coward, for i know where theyre coming from but i dont want them to just give up. really a majority of the people that are suicidal just need one person to help them keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #111
Xibitz360
The Legendary Master X

Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Xibitz360 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I have reached that point but I decided not to end it all. I feel better (the thoughts aren't completely hint but I'm better). Maybe it's a personal thing, but I am just not for suicide if its caused by depression or anything else. I wont think any less of the person nor will i call them a coward, for i know where theyre coming from but i dont want them to just give up. really a majority of the people that are suicidal just need one person to help them keep going.
Good, I'm glad you decided to stay and give it one more try. =)

I agree that it is a personal thing and we can't just criticize a person who has committed suicide such as calling them 'cowards' because we simply don't know them or what they have gone through. Each head is a different world and some end up putting a final period to their life. It is true that sometimes it is only one person who makes that difference but it is also true that not everyone is able to find that one person that could have saved them. So it is up to the individual on what to do, and either way, I respect their decisions and just like you, I don't want them to give up.

"Neither the Angels in heaven above, nor the Demons down under the sea, can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Vee" Ich Liebe Dich So Sehr Mein Konigin!!

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Xibitz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #112
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
But I wouldn't want to die this very instant.
Okay, but you are not everyone. You are only you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
Keyword is feel.

They do not know what tomorrow will be like, they just feel like there is nothing worth living for.

And I "could" win the lottery tomorrow, or I could lose my house tomorrow. You can't live you life based on what could or couldn't happen.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #113
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Okay, but you are not everyone. You are only you.

I disagree. I think there is much credible evidence that I am everyone.
I mean have you ever seen me in and everyone in the same room? No?

Coincidence?

I think not!

I am Everyone. Everyone is me!

We're the same person!

...At least in my case.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #114
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

As proof of this I know for a fact that you who is really me will disagree with myself.

...At least in my case.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #115
Shukketsu
Genin Elite

Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Ultimately, people's decisions are their own and I don't usually care enough to interfere. On a personal level however, I view it as weakness, and I strongly advocate not surrendering or subordinating yourself to anyone or anything, least of all your foe; even if life itself seems to be your enemy. That being said, there are specific circumstances in which I find it acceptable (If not appropriate).

Also, here is a quote to further express my vies on such themes:
The measure of a life is not in preventing death, but in how much of a fight you give before it takes you.

Last edited by Shukketsu; 11-20-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Shukketsu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #116
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret

I was pro-suicide till I realised what it's like when someone close to you tries it even if they don't suceed it's horrid

Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #117
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

My friend from elementary school just killed himself 2 days ago
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #118
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Why is it a cowards way out? Why isn't it just a way out?

If a person doesn't feel like there is anything worth living for, why should they be forced to continue living?
I is giving up cuz tomorrow all of your issues COULD be gone tommirrow
Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #119
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
I is giving up cuz tomorrow all of your issues COULD be gone tommirrow
I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #120
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Never mind u answered to something like that already.

IMO - suicide is kinda selfish. If I killed myself my loved ones would be sad and have to plan a funeral. Also the police and school would have to spend time into the matter.

Also where would you go? I believe in the afterlife and by killing yourself I feel wherever you go it would not be a good place

I for one would be too scared to kill myself anyway lol I would puss out at the last second