Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #41
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Korra vs Roy Mustang

So what you're saying is, you have no actual proof and are just dragging this out because you don't want to admit that you're wrong. Good to know. Block.
Cult of Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #42
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

You guy should first tell me when did roy ever fry someone from 50m (defaults) distance without a philosophers stone.

To counter the combustion man argument note that he has never actually hit someone (If he is as you guys claim somewhat comparable to roy)

I'd make a longer response but i have to go now.

Probably gonna edit this post later to add some more.

Edit: :P

If we are using the 2003 anime as reference anyway note that ed a teen with no special background/speed at all dodged roy 'instant' attacks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes

Last edited by BMC1994; 09-11-2012 at 08:27 PM.
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #43
Bradley
Genin

Bradley saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality View Post
So what you're saying is, you have no actual proof and are just dragging this out because you don't want to admit that you're wrong. Good to know.
I'm saying there is nothing to present proof against, because you refuse to quantify Mustang's attack speed. You have no evidence that Mustang's attack speed even makes a difference. I refer back to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
Me: I think X stands a good chance at beating Y.

You: Can X react to Y's attacks?

Me: Good question. How fast are Y's attacks?

You: Prove X can react to Y's attacks!

Me: ...Can you tell me how fast Y's attacks are for comparison?

You: Quiet, troll! Prove X can react to Y's attacks!

Me: Well, I sort of need that detail...

You: You can't prove X can react to Y's attacks!
Edit: Hah. Noticed the edit where he said he blocked me. Figures, if you can't win through logic but are dead set on your side, there's nothing left but to cover your ears.

Last edited by Bradley; 09-11-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #44
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
You guy should first tell me when did roy ever fry someone from 50m (defaults) distance without a philosophers stone.
Hey look, a reasonable response. Didn't see that coming. In Flame vs Fullmetal when Roy attacked Ed while he was in the crowd it kinda looked like it might've been fifty meters, but I wouldn't swear by it.

In any event, I'd be willing to bet that Roy's range is better than Korra's so they just need to move closer and then boom Korra dies with a snap of his fingers.

I can't ever recall her fighting at anything other than close range, and since she's primarily a firebender she's at a disadvantage against Roy. Oxygen de Gentleman Strategy kills her the second she lights up.

Especially since she has no idea what he can do beyond "Turn stuff into other stuff" while he knows all he needs to know about her.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #45
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality View Post
In any event, I'd be willing to bet that Roy's range is better than Korra's so they just need to move closer and then boom Korra dies with a snap of his fingers.
That's all the time Korra needs to enter the Avatar State, at which point she far outranges Mustang.

Quote:
I can't ever recall her fighting at anything other than close range, and since she's primarily a firebender she's at a disadvantage against Roy. Oxygen de Gentleman Strategy kills her the second she lights up.
If you're going to mention that, I might as well bring up Korra's advantage with airbending again.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #46
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Quote:
This message is hidden because Bradley is on your ignore list.
Well, if you knew that Roy could annihirape Korra why didn't you say so from the start? :ippy
Old 09-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #47
Bradley
Genin

*deep breath* Just be the bigger man...

Anyone else have something to add to the debate?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #48
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Quote:
This message is hidden because Bradley is on your ignore list.
No, I will not take my clothes off. How dare you.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #49
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 107, pg. 28.

Blind Mustang targets Father from 53 meters away, as Hawkeye calculates. Seeing as that Hawkeye was considered as one of the best snipers in the entire military during the Ishvalan Civil War, if not the best, then I could say that her judgment in scale and distance would be accurate.

Also, the oven technique that Mustang uses a few pages later seems to be shot from an even further distance. There's little tidbits of him using his flame alchemy throughout the manga and anime series, but the one page that I provided should be more than enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #50
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 107, pg. 28.

Blind Mustang targets Father from 53 meters away, as Hawkeye calculates. Seeing as that Hawkeye was considered as one of the best snipers in the entire military during the Ishvalan Civil War, if not the best, then I could say that her judgment in scale and distance would be accurate.

Also, the oven technique that Mustang uses a few pages later seems to be shot from an even further distance. There's little tidbits of him using his flame alchemy throughout the manga and anime series, but the one page that I provided should be more than enough.
Excellent point. Still, a range of 50 meters should give Korra even more time to react.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #51
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Excellent point. Still, a range of 50 meters should give Korra even more time to react.
Well, that does depend on which series version of Mustang you're planning on using.

The 2003 anime one is much more easier to argue against, seeing as that there aren't many quantifiable feats of characters reacting to objects as fast as they have in the manga or Brotherhood anime.
So it could be argued that what little impressive feats of speed and reaction Mustang has had for the 2003 anime are are high-end variables or in some cases, used for comedic effect. For instance, the episode where he fought Ed series mid-point.

The manga, ergo the canon, on the other hand ... has Mustang being able to follow and, albeit barely, reacting to Bradley's movements, who himself is able to casually deflect heavy machine gun fire and cut cannon shells in half, despite being well into his sixties. Mind you, he was charging alone and directly into enemy territory with just a sword and one grenade. Enemy territory that was defended by a Briggs' tank, which were considered to be one of the most advanced technologies in the entire Atermis military force at the time.

Long story short? Korra would most likely lose if it was manga/Brotherhood Roy. With 2003 anime Mustang, she has a much better chance at winning this fight. Of course, that is if there were any to begin with.

Although there is, of course, the possibility of the Avatar State. However, Korra doesn't have many feats with it besides acting as a deus ex machina.

Last edited by Vatanui AKA Pride; 09-11-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #52
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

A soldier who survived a warzone vs a little girl with a little power with no killing experience. Avatar hype is too much Haku the little boy dressed as a girl could solo it in my opinion. They aren't built to fight true killers.
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #53
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
Well, that does depend on which series version of Mustang you're planning on using.

The 2003 anime one is much more easier to argue against, seeing as that there aren't many quantifiable feats of characters reacting to objects as fast as they have in the manga or Brotherhood anime.
So it could be argued that what little impressive feats of speed and reaction Mustang has had for the 2003 anime are are high-end variables or in some cases, used for comedic effect. For instance, the episode where he fought Ed series mid-point.

The manga, ergo the canon, on the other hand ... has Mustang being able to follow and, albeit barely, reacting to Bradley's movements, who himself is able to casually deflect heavy machine gun fire and cut cannon shells in half, despite being well into his sixties. Mind you, he was charging alone and directly into enemy territory with just a sword and one grenade. Enemy territory that was defended by a Briggs' tank, which were considered to be one of the most advanced technologies in the entire Atermis military force at the time.
Bradley never deflects machine gun fire or cuts a tank shell in the manga, actually. Those details were added by Brotherhood.

Quote:
Although there is, of course, the possibility of the Avatar State. However, Korra doesn't have many feats with it besides acting as a deus ex machina.
That's the neat thing about the Avatar State, though. It gives the Avatar the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars. So essentially any feat by a past Avatar applies to Korra when she's in the Avatar State.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #54
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
A soldier who survived a warzone vs a little girl with a little power with no killing experience. Avatar hype is too much Haku the little boy dressed as a girl could solo it in my opinion. They aren't built to fight true killers.
Mustang isn't just flames and sparks. He has used firearms during his cadet training before the Ishvalan Civil War, as the Brotherhood OVAs had shown, and is rather adept at it. Not Hawkeye level, but not bad either.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #55
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Mustang isn't just flames and sparks. He has used firearms during his cadet training before the Ishvalan Civil War, as the Brotherhood OVAs had shown, and is rather adept at it. Not Hawkeye level, but not bad either.
Yep that is why I pointed out the fact he is trained killer who survived hell. Not just some martial artist who throw rocks and splash puddles.
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #56
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Bradley never deflects machine gun fire or cuts a tank shell in the manga, actually. Those details were added by Brotherhood.

That's the neat thing about the Avatar State, though. It gives the Avatar the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars. So essentially any feat by a past Avatar applies to Korra when she's in the Avatar State.
.. You didn't read the manga, did you?

If I recall correctly, the Avatar State only supposed to allow you to communicate with your past lives and by conjunction, their knowledge. Their abilities and skills don't get passed onto you. The only time there is an exception to that rule is when you allow a past Avatar to take temporary control of your body, as shown with Aang and Roku during the Summer Solstice.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #57
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
.. You didn't read the manga, did you?
I haven't read the manga fully, but I have read the part where Bradley takes out the tank. Essentially he runs into the machine gun fire, but is not shown dodging the fire or deflecting it with his sword. He is also not shown slicing a tank shell. He does dodge a single bullet from a rifle a chapter or so later.

Quote:
If I recall correctly, the Avatar State only supposed to allow you to communicate with your past lives and by conjunction, their knowledge. Their abilities and skills don't get passed onto you. The only time there is an exception to that rule is when you allow a past Avatar to take temporary control of your body, as shown with Aang and Roku during the Summer Solstice.
This is what Roku says to Aang in the episode "The Avatar State":

"The Avatar state is a defense mechanism, designed to empower you with the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars. The glow is the combination of all your past lives, focusing their energy through your body."

Seems pretty clear to me.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #58
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Problem is Korra can't willingly enter the Avatar state. And if you give Roy his gun which would fall under his usual weapons he definitely wins but I'm assuming that was meant to be a restriction.

That ignition trail you mentioned is helpful at a distance but Korra doesn't fight from half a football field away most of the time she's within 10-20 feet of her target. As everyone's pointed out Roy knows how to move, he survived a war zone. I'm sure this all works beautifully in theory, with Korra's bending knowledge but you're forgetting about how Korra actually is on the battlefield.

She doesn't move like an assassin or even like a master bender, she moves like someone relying on their raw power and natural skill. Only recently did she learn air bending so it's not like that gives her some new elite mastery. There are numerous times where she's been blindsided our embarrassed. In case you forgot her and the gang were getting owned by equalists early series. They were easily dodging her bending and getting close enough to disable her. Of course Roy isn't extensively trained in martial arts but as a soldier he knows how to evade to survive.

If she charges Roy and he dodges her initial attack....snap, eyeballs roasted, game over. Korra also hasn't shown the analytical abilities necessary to determine the nature of Roy's attacks. I doubt she'd be able to figure out he uses his left hand for precision and his right hand for devastation.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #59
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI2infinity View Post
Problem is Korra can't willingly enter the Avatar state. And if you give Roy his gun which would fall under his usual weapons he definitely wins but I'm assuming that was meant to be a restriction.
Yes, she can. She gains the ability at the end of book 1. Previews of book 2 show her entering the Avatar State at will.

Quote:
That ignition trail you mentioned is helpful at a distance but Korra doesn't fight from half a football field away most of the time she's within 10-20 feet of her target. As everyone's pointed out Roy knows how to move, he survived a war zone. I'm sure this all works beautifully in theory, with Korra's bending knowledge but you're forgetting about how Korra actually is on the battlefield.

She doesn't move like an assassin or even like a master bender, she moves like someone relying on their raw power and natural skill. Only recently did she learn air bending so it's not like that gives her some new elite mastery. There are numerous times where she's been blindsided our embarrassed. In case you forgot her and the gang were getting owned by equalists early series. They were easily dodging her bending and getting close enough to disable her. Of course Roy isn't extensively trained in martial arts but as a soldier he knows how to evade to survive.

If she charges Roy and he dodges her initial attack....snap, eyeballs roasted, game over. Korra also hasn't shown the analytical abilities necessary to determine the nature of Roy's attacks. I doubt she'd be able to figure out he uses his left hand for precision and his right hand for devastation.
Character Induced Stupidity doesn't factor into fights according to forum rules. Korra would still be able to send out a general "put flames out" move towards Roy when he snaps.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #60
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Yes, she can. She gains the ability at the end of book 1. Previews of book 2 show her entering the Avatar State at will.

Character Induced Stupidity doesn't factor into fights according to forum rules. Korra would still be able to send out a general "put flames out" move towards Roy when he snaps.
At the end of Book 1 it was by emotional turbulence caused by her overwhelming guilt at the failure to protect her friends. You can't cite book 2 because you don't know the circumstances behind it yet. There have been no episodes where she underwent any of the training Aang did to control his chakras.

You have this slightly irritating habit of responding to one or two sentences in a detailed post. It's not CIS if that's actually a part of her character. We can't just dismiss any time Guy Gardner acts like a major d*** and does something stupid as CIS because that's his real personality. Korra is inexperienced, short tempered, and overconfident in battle it's not CIS it's how she acted throughout the entire series.

But that's not relevant to my main point that once she gets close to fight Roy he precision aims at her eyeballs. It's not a general flame she can wave away, it's a trail of oxygen molecules that explode instantaneously as soon as the snap occurs, at that close range she doesn't have time to react to it, just like Envy couldn't. I was willing to bend and accept that with some good distance Korra can react but this is the girl who's been tied up by some rope grapples, captured by hulking robots, and blindsided numerous times I won't just let you say she can react to a near instantaneous explosion at close range.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote