Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
Well in the case of the US, you really can't use the excuse "I have nowhere to go or no one to talk to" There are thousands of hotlines, call centers, treatment centers, and support groups where people can get help.

I am aware of that but teens don't always have that option. Adults have a better chance of getting help but there can be things preventing them depending on their given situation. I can't do hotlines or call centers mainly because my parents are always on the phone and I'm on a tightleash with the cell. I managed to go on the internet to find forums and all that but they can cause more harm then good. Plus the treatment centers and support groups...people tend to find out about those stuff and it's the backlash people don't want. If you're suicidal, you don't want anymore reasons to feel bad about yourself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #22
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtaka View Post
My brain because of how dumb and insensitive that sounded.
Its not my fault if you misinterpret things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post
I am aware of that but teens don't always have that option. Adults have a better chance of getting help but there can be things preventing them depending on their given situation. I can't do hotlines or call centers mainly because my parents are always on the phone and I'm on a tightleash with the cell. I managed to go on the internet to find forums and all that but they can cause more harm then good. Plus the treatment centers and support groups...people tend to find out about those stuff and it's the backlash people don't want. If you're suicidal, you don't want anymore reasons to feel bad about yourself
I can't help but think that that the statement "my parents are always on the phone" is an exaggeration. I mean really they are talking on the phone 24/7? You can't say..... use the phone at midnight or 1 am and talk to someone? I'm confident the call center have people on duty at those times.

Internet, not really recommended since there are trolls or people unequipped to properly helped.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #23
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

I didn't minsinterpret, you said you're fine with people killing themselves. I understood that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look at how patrician I am!

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

deadtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #24
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

I can't help but think that that the statement "my parents are always on the phone" is an exaggeration. I mean really they are talking on the phone 24/7? You can't say..... use the phone at midnight or 1 am and talk to someone? I'm confident the call center have people on duty at those times.

Internet, not really recommended since there are trolls or people unequipped to properly helped.
You don't know my mom
oh and yes because I can go on the phone at midnight and my parents (whose room is right next door and i can hear them whisper clearly) won't hear me at all.
Some call centers have certain hours, some aren't toll free, and are only available in certain areas (i almost called one only to find out it was only toll free in california smh)

Quote:
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 09-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #25
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
You don't know my mom
oh and yes because I can go on the phone at midnight and my parents (whose room is right next door and i can hear them whisper clearly) won't hear me at all.
Some call centers have certain hours, some aren't toll free, and are only available in certain areas (i almost called one only to find out it was only toll free in california smh)
It seems like your parents don't know your suicidal. If that is the case what is preventing you from telling them? If you tell them I'm sure they'd be more than understanding and willing to let you call a hotline whenever you need to talk to someone. If they aren't understanding then f-them and call the hotline anyway and who cares if they can hear you.

Have you tried the national suicide hotline?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #26
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
It seems like your parents don't know your suicidal. If that is the case what is preventing you from telling them? If you tell them I'm sure they'd be more than understanding and willing to let you call a hotline whenever you need to talk to someone. If they aren't understanding then f-them and call the hotline anyway and who cares if they can hear you.

Have you tried the national suicide hotline?
my mom knows. she found out and i got in trouble. anytime i tell her i just get in trouble. my mom and i know better than to tell my dad. So me going to call suicidal hotline is a no no
1. they'd eventually find out and i'd be in more trouble
2. and it's pretty hard to sneak around while on the phone (i live in a pretty strict household so i know what i am talking about)

the best i could do was go on the internet (and which was great until idiots started joining)

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #27
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
my mom knows. she found out and i got in trouble. anytime i tell her i just get in trouble. my mom and i know better than to tell my dad. So me going to call suicidal hotline is a no no
1. they'd eventually find out and i'd be in more trouble
2. and it's pretty hard to sneak around while on the phone (i live in a pretty strict household so i know what i am talking about)

the best i could do was go on the internet (and which was great until idiots started joining)
How did you get into trouble? What did she ground you for being suicidal? that would be pretty counter-productive.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #28
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Well they say writing helps you vent right? So I decided to have a diary (my first and last)
One day I was so upset I just wrote "I wanted to die or kill myself" and anything negative about me. Well she read it....
Then whenever my mom asks what's bothering me or says I can tell her anything I know not to believe her but a few times I give and tell her that I don't like myself then it just goes for "oh that's not true don't think like that" to "change yourself/personality, this happens because of you, nag nag nag" so yeah.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #29
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Well they say writing helps you vent right? So I decided to have a diary (my first and last)
One day I was so upset I just wrote "I wanted to die or kill myself" and anything negative about me. Well she read it....
Then whenever my mom asks what's bothering me or says I can tell her anything I know not to believe her but a few times I give and tell her that I don't like myself then it just goes for "oh that's not true don't think like that" to "change yourself/personality, this happens because of you, nag nag nag" so yeah.
I think she wants to help you, but she doesn't know how to properly help you and so she just says what she thinks will help even though it is wrong.

My suggesting is to get her reading material: pamplets, books, legit websites. If she has access to those resources then she can actually help you.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #30
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

She told me not to ever talk about that again though...

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #31
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
She told me not to ever talk about that again though...
Then just walk up to her, hand her the reading material and then walk away (go to your room or to a friends house or something) without saying a single word.

If she doesn't come to talk to you at some point after that (maybe give it a week) then find someone who is willing to talk to you about it. And when your 18, go to college and never come back.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Hahahaha at the college part.
My parents live in their own world where I am perfect. I'm not even allowed to be angry or upset at anything lol. I don't want them out of my life just wish they'd accept me for me (and no this isn't anything to do with my sexual orientation in case you were thinking that)

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #33
jenny
Special Jonin Candidate

jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Well in the case of the US, you really can't use the excuse "I have nowhere to go or no one to talk to" There are thousands of hotlines, call centers, treatment centers, and support groups where people can get help.

What did you lose?
Ya know, sometimes it's just that it's also physically impossible to tell someone. like, you want to, but your mouth won't open or your brain won't legitimately form the words you want to say. Seriously.
Quote:
Hahahaha at the college part.
My parents live in their own world where I am perfect. I'm not even allowed to be angry or upset at anything lol. I don't want them out of my life just wish they'd accept me for me (and no this isn't anything to do with my sexual orientation in case you were thinking that)
Ahaha I know this feeling. Same lifestyle. My parents' think their children are perfect adn nothing is wrong with them. My dad is heartless and doesn't care bout anyone but himself, same with my mom.
But Upset, angry? Oh noes, you're showing an imperfect side to you. You're gonna be punished. It sucks.
Breath out..

All these masks we wore
We never knew what we had in store..

Breath in,
Breathe out..
Breath in,
Breathe out..

The storm is rolling in,
The thunders loud,
it hurts my ears..

I'm paying for my sins,
And it's gonna rain for years and years..

jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #34
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I know. But then you stay quiet and they go all rage on you. Good times, good times

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #35
jenny
Special Jonin Candidate

jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
I know. But then you stay quiet and they go all rage on you. Good times, good times
but all you want to do, is just yell at them "Look at me!" and just tell them everything adn then storm off. But ya don't. Because..you're their perfect little being of a child of theirs.
Breath out..

All these masks we wore

Breath in,
Breathe out..
Breath in,
Breathe out..

The storm is rolling in,
The thunders loud,
it hurts my ears..

I'm paying for my sins,

Old 09-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #36
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Exactly! But then when you accidentally blurt stuff out you feel exposed and immediately regret it

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #37
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtaka View Post
My brain because of how dumb and insensitive that sounded.
If people want to kill themselves they should be able to.
Not that it's right. I'm anti-suicide, but he does have a point there.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #38
jenny
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Exactly! But then when you accidentally blurt stuff out you feel exposed and immediately regret it
THen they go all interrogation on you, so you just clamp your mouth shut and glare at a wall or something to get your thoughts straighten out before you respond.
Breath out..

All these masks we wore

Breath in,
Breathe out..
Breath in,
Breathe out..

The storm is rolling in,
The thunders loud,
it hurts my ears..

I'm paying for my sins,

Old 09-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #39
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny View Post
THen they go all interrogation on you, so you just clamp your mouth shut and glare at a wall or something to get your thoughts straighten out before you respond.
But in the end you won't get the final say because theyve already came up with a conclusion that only makes you more upset

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #40
jenny
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
But in the end you won't get the final say because theyve already came up with a conclusion that only makes you more upset
One that doesn't allow you to explain why it's wrong. Because that brings you in deeper trouble.
Breath out..

All these masks we wore

Breath in,
Breathe out..
Breath in,
Breathe out..

The storm is rolling in,
The thunders loud,
it hurts my ears..

I'm paying for my sins,