Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #1681
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagemaster777 View Post
*Rubs chin* Can one debate about "God" if There is no coherent definition of god? Yet I cannot state that there is none without yet knowing all definitions of "god"?

Idk
Almost every time "god" is mentioned, they usually mean the Judeo-Christian God . This is because this is 'merica and all other gods are myth.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #1682
Uchiha Efair
Genin

Uchiha Efair saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i believe god exist. he is not alike his creations and he is not human because he is our creator. even i cant see him, i believe he is exist and he is watching me. when i think what is purpose of my life, in conclusion, i found that purpose of my life is already decided when god give me life. not to become rich, not to be a millionaire, not to just enjoy life, not to just wake up eat and sleep. but the purpose i given life is to become his servant. he create what he want, and im as his creation need to follow what he want me to do. i whorsip him everyday as i know when i pray he is watching me in heaven. all on earth is prove that he is a amazing creator, he create everything on earth. looking at the sky he create stars and moon. if a human can create like him and the guy is in front us, of course we will call him genius, almighty, amazing and he will be a famous guy, always in tv and radio. then god is a most mysterious that ever exist. he will never show up until we wake up in next life.
In order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions.
Uchiha Efair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #1683
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I'm Agnostic, but if there is a God, then it's never been conceived by humanity in any large religion yet. The most I can believe that this God would be a kickstarter to existence until we see what really started life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #1684
TheTrueMasterofIllusions
Special Jonin Candidate

TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to TheTrueMasterofIllusions Send a message via Skype™ to TheTrueMasterofIllusions

I'm with Boxhead. There is no proof there is or isn't a god. You can make all the assertion you want but we at the moment are still learning about our world and we don't even know if there are other complex life forms out there or if there is another planet that can surely support us. Until the day we know more about our universe, people can live by their perception of what could be as close to what is known at the moment.
Annie(Anathema),
Bella(Bell), Byakugan(Bya),
Hinata(Hina), Naruto fan10!(Naru),
Storm50(Stormbringer), Abe Uzumaki(Abs),King Kakashi(Mushu), George
TheTrueMasterofIllusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #1685
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

There is proof of GOD

you just have to experience it for yoursleves. It is hard to explain which is why you have to feel it for yourself. I know my life is better knowing he is there. It is scary and hard at times though. But if i did not believe I would not go to church today
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #1686
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Efair View Post
i believe god exist. he is not alike his creations and he is not human because he is our creator. even i cant see him, i believe he is exist and he is watching me. when i think what is purpose of my life, in conclusion, i found that purpose of my life is already decided when god give me life. not to become rich, not to be a millionaire, not to just enjoy life, not to just wake up eat and sleep. but the purpose i given life is to become his servant. he create what he want, and im as his creation need to follow what he want me to do. i whorsip him everyday as i know when i pray he is watching me in heaven. all on earth is prove that he is a amazing creator, he create everything on earth. looking at the sky he create stars and moon. if a human can create like him and the guy is in front us, of course we will call him genius, almighty, amazing and he will be a famous guy, always in tv and radio. then god is a most mysterious that ever exist. he will never show up until we wake up in next life.
I never got the whole 'creator thing' so maybe you can explain it.

the first humans may have been created by god or god(s) or aliens. But current humans clearly come from their mom/dad/testtubes(which is indirectly from a mom and dad) there is plenty of footage of them coming into existance and being born without any clear influence of a god so how would we be his direct creations?

You cant call your first ancestor your dad and thus your creator. He could be our origin at most.

How could he have created us with purpose when he didnt actually create us.

That question aside im with box on this topic.(although i am leaning more towards the atheist side of the answer)

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #1687
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

It is crazy to think about like how God was created... It makes my heart sink in a weird way
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #1688
Uchiha Efair
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
I never got the whole 'creator thing' so maybe you can explain it.

the first humans may have been created by god or god(s) or aliens. But current humans clearly come from their mom/dad/testtubes(which is indirectly from a mom and dad) there is plenty of footage of them coming into existance and being born without any clear influence of a god so how would we be his direct creations?

You cant call your first ancestor your dad and thus your creator. He could be our origin at most.

That question aside im with box on this topic.(although i am leaning more towards the atheist side of the answer)
hard to explain it. but i will try.
i believe in my religion, and have faith in it. i believe human wit cannot explore what is beyond our capibility like unseen thing, satan, eudemons, angels, and god himself. my religion teach god has put something to cover our eyes from that things.

some big religion like islam, christianity, and judaism has many same story like the creation of adam, the first human. and how god create this planet. in every religion is a leader, islam is muhammad, christianity is jesus, and judaism is moses. i believe god has choose them to become his messenger. messenger is to guide people knowing god and put clear all the questions which answer cannot be achive by our wit like i said before. god has communicate with these messengers and give them holy books. from that holy books, god tell how everything were created. only holy books show indication to human towards god, so contents in the holy books need to be proven is it correct or not.

from my little knowledge, bible and quran tell how god create the planet and human. i only read quran because im muslim. sometimes i heard bible also tell same things like quran. i see many scientist has prove what is inside quran and some of them converted to islam after they impressed by science knowledge in quran and they learned science knowledge in quran is pure science of the creator. scientist is splendid people that can distinguish science from human and science from god. this is like moses change his stick into snake, black magician approve the stick is not a black magic but pure miracle from god and they believe moses sent by god. this mean, knowledge is important.

the first human created is adam. we all human in this world is like brothers and sisters because we originally exist from 1 pairs of human, adam and eve. and the one create first human is god, and god is never same like human. we couldnt think how god look like. just leave it mysterious.

it is said in quran, to whorship him everyday and dont do sins. it is said in quran that end of time is coming. and we will revive in next life. good charity will given heaven. god is not stupid. he is genius, why someone that can give life to all human with billions trillions millions numbers on earth is a vain. should have something behind his act and why. im assured i given life is to be his servant. dont think people who died already gone forever, dont think people who was shot dead by pistols will gone forever, we all will be revived and asked what we doing on earth.

no search no gain, learn the holy books to find out. its important when you read the holy books, you should not be controlled by lust, because you cannot do sins and some things you dont like its may reject you from finding the truth.

so we are like brothers and sisters, we should not fight each other to defend our religion, but help each other for salvation in next life.

i just think god is amazing and mysterious. because i always observe and can feel it.
In order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #1689
Uchiha Efair
Genin

And this is my favorite quote from itachi, "In order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions."
Old 09-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #1690
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
There is proof of GOD

you just have to experience it for yoursleves. It is hard to explain which is why you have to feel it for yourself.
A feeling isn't proof of anything.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #1691
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

@Efair

The question was the above ^^^

In short the question would be

How can god be our creator when he clearly didnt directly create us?

not why you belief(although it was a nice explanation)

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #1692
Uchiha Efair
Genin

Quote:
@Efair

The question was the above ^^^

In short the question would be

How can god be our creator when he clearly didnt directly create us?

not why you belief(although it was a nice explanation)
ok, you mean, there is 2 person, joe and tommy, joe create a robot name billie. but billie said tommy is his creator? because joe and tommy is hiding from billie, billie couldnt ask but only believe tommy is the creator?

we can only know the answer from who sent by the creator. the creator told him that the creator create us, and we need to believe that.

in the case of billie, joe created another robot name jean. joe make jean a truthful robot that will only talk truth words. joe told jean to tell billie the one who created billie is joe. and billie has just need to believe what jean said until joe appear.

if you have no believe in any religion maybe its difficult for you to get the answer because no one guiding you like billie before meet jean. im know what you thinking.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #1693
Sharingan19
Veteran Chunin

Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I really don't want to be 'that guy' but one word people. SCIENCE. God did not create the Earth in seven days, it was a random 'big bang'.
However, i do respect people's belief in a greater being and i am not bashing on that. I would also like to believe but unfortunately i can't.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #1694
Uchiha Efair
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan19 View Post
I really don't want to be 'that guy' but one word people. SCIENCE. God did not create the Earth in seven days, it was a random 'big bang'.
However, i do respect people's belief in a greater being and i am not bashing on that. I would also like to believe but unfortunately i can't.
i know what you feeling, its hard. if you can see miracle from god in front you, you can just believe easily.
we have brain to think.
you will find with your own way i hope. not be 'that guy'.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #1695
Sharingan19
Veteran Chunin

Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
i know what you feeling, its hard. if you can see miracle from god in front you, you can just believe easily.
we have brain to think.
you will find with your own way i hope. not be 'that guy'.
Yeah, it's like UFO's and ghosts. You can only believe if you see for yourself. I can't believe in something that i don't think is real until i am proven otherwise.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #1696
Uchiha Efair
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan19 View Post
Yeah, it's like UFO's and ghosts. You can only believe if you see for yourself. I can't believe in something that i don't think is real until i am proven otherwise.
its not bad idea if you try learn islam. go find religious muslim, and be their friend. find out what is in islam. if you dont like its ok. you not lossing anything if you try.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #1697
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
you not lossing anything if you try.
Except for time that you could have spent doing something productive or fun.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #1698
Uchiha Efair
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
Except for time that you could have spent doing something productive or fun.
what do you mean?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #1699
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

In the 21st century a large majority of arguments for God have become personal experience and testimony.

"God did X, Y, or Z for me
God gives my life meaning
I wouldn't have gotten through _______ without God
I can't imagine a world where God doesn't exist
Believing in God makes me a better person"

I am honestly under the impression that except among high level philosophers and theologians the "God debate" among the general public is pretty much over. Agnostic atheists have won. However, even with all the basic philosophical arguments laid out in our favor there is so much emotional stigma attached to the existence of God that pure reason isn't going to cut it. It's hard to fight emotion with logic, because for most people, emotion is more poignant.

This thread has been 85 pages of the same arguments and sentiments, when those five quotes I just mentioned basically summarize the whole thing. People will come to their own conclusions when they're ready for the most part we just have to be patient. I'm guessing it's extremely rare for someone to be converted over the internet.

Last edited by JLI2infinity; 09-11-2012 at 01:17 AM.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #1700
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote