Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Western Comics and Animation

Western Comics and Animation Show your love for art from the lands of the setting sun!

View Poll Results: Opinions on Avatar: The Legend of Korra - Season 1
Horrid 1 1.30%
Trash 0 0%
Bad 0 0%
Below Average 3 3.90%
Average 8 10.39%
Above Average 2 2.60%
Good 14 18.18%
Great 11 14.29%
Awesome 24 31.17%
Perfect 14 18.18%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #601
darkdemonofthemist
A True Bro

Location: Times people on Omegle actually wanted to have a decent conversation: 2
darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to darkdemonofthemist
Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender // Legend of Korra

Perhaps I'm just stupid, but I was under the impression that there was only going to be one season.
jenny,Memitim,Jonesy,deadtaka,Noctis,NinjaPink,Devroux,Luna Mikazuki,Miss Kitty,Wooster
Vatanui AKA Pride,Toma RNK,KGT,SS4 Gogeta,Looney-Lyra,Semog,Bacon,Pool,AgentShayd
Kitsune,Kiseki,Spartacus,Nick Tasogare,TBC,Shikamaru Nara,Lone_Espada,Maruko
Follow me on Twitter! @fishcantblink
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanicRobot
Your face cured my cancer.
darkdemonofthemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #602
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

One Piece: Alabasta was a big-budget rehash of the entire anime arc compressed into ninety minutes of film; of course it wasn't going to be big on character development.

If you're looking for something like that, check some of the other One Piece films, especially the ones with their own original stories. I would recommend the third, the sixth, and Strong World. Sixth is especially amazing though in how much suspenseful and downright creepy the storyline can get, despite the seemingly vibrant and up-beat art style. Then again, those have been the only ones I've seen, so maybe there are more.

Besides, the Legend of Korra movie may not be a live-action version of the show itself. It might just be its' own original story, hopefully.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #603
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdemonofthemist View Post
Perhaps I'm just stupid, but I was under the impression that there was only going to be one season.
As with most shows, it was originally planned to be a one-shot arc season. Naturally of course, Nick ordered for more episodes after the giant success that one season had. And another movie, apparently. Hopefully, they've learned from their mistakes this time, and would now at least let Avatar's writers have some say in the new film.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #604
darkdemonofthemist
A True Bro

Location: Times people on Omegle actually wanted to have a decent conversation: 2
darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatanui AKA Pride View Post
As with most shows, it was originally planned to be a one-shot arc season. Naturally of course, Nick ordered for more episodes after the giant success that one season had. And another movie, apparently. Hopefully, they've learned from their mistakes this time, and would now at least let Avatar's writers have some say in the new film.
Ok no, I will petition to ban any movie released in theaters. It can't be live action either. It'd have to be an animated non-plot related or climax of the series movie only aired on Nick. Nothing else.
jenny,Memitim,Jonesy,deadtaka,Noctis,NinjaPink,Devroux,Luna Mikazuki,Miss Kitty,Wooster
Vatanui AKA Pride,Toma RNK,KGT,SS4 Gogeta,Looney-Lyra,Semog,Bacon,Pool,AgentShayd
Quote:
Old 08-17-2012, 02:00 AM   #605
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

As terrible was Korra was, the movie will be ten times worse.
Cult of Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #606
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Apparently there's going to be a The Last Airbender 2: The Crossroads of Destiny

Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #607
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Dandy!

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #608
Moose
Genin

Moose is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Grreat show, Kinda wish they didn't change up the location though. I loved the old world Buddhist Chinese kinda setting, Not a big fan of the 1920s new york feel, still great though
O צבי אמריקאיכללים
/ \

♡ put this on your siggy if you love Rainbowrazor.

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #609
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocaloid View Post
Apparently there's going to be a The Last Airbender 2: The Crossroads of Destiny
Link?
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #610
NarutoxSakura4ever
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to NarutoxSakura4ever

I loved the first season of Korra! Can't wait to see the next! I am looking forward to see if they are going to throw an animated movie out there to! I hope they do. >< I honestly kind of liked The Legend of Korra a bit better then Avatar: The Last Airbender.
TOO BAD!
NarutoxSakura4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #611
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Wait. I thought that meant a spin-off of Aang. Not this.

http://www.the-last-airbender-2.com/

FUUUUUUUUUUU-

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 08-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #612
NaruGaar. <3
Genin

Location: Probably somewhere West of where you're standing.. ;)
NaruGaar. <3 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Out of a rating of 10 I'd give the show about a 7/10.
Legend of Korra has too many holes. The creators hasn't told enough. In a new season of a semi-continued show the story line should at least say what happened to past characters and how the new characters came to be. They shouldn't wait another season to explain all of the unexplained. It's just too long to wait.
But, the next season looks like it should be a lot better than the first. I'm looking forward to it.

"Life Without a Friend is Death Without a Witness"

NaruGaar. <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #613
Bradley
Genin

Bradley saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra were both great shows. I'm looking forward to book 2 of Korra. In the mean time, there's graphic novel continuations of Avatar: The Last Airbender -- The Promise Part 3 will be released in September, and then we get a graphic novel series about the search for Zuko's mom!
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #614
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

oh that thing read the first two parts interesting and the first metal bending school was cute

Spoiler:

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #615
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxHead View Post
Wait. I thought that meant a spin-off of Aang. Not this.

http://www.the-last-airbender-2.com/

FUUUUUUUUUUU-

God no...
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #616
Bradley
Genin

I don't think there has been an official announcement of Last Airbender 2...that is just a sadly misguided fan site...
Old 09-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #617
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

Awards Showcase

I hope to god it is.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

Old 09-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #618
darkdemonofthemist
A True Bro

Does anyone else hate Korra's personality?

If I were Mako, I'd get up out of there STAT
Quote:
Old 09-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #619
Bradley
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdemonofthemist View Post
Does anyone else hate Korra's personality?

If I were Mako, I'd get up out of there STAT
I love Korra's personality.

"I'm the Avatar, you gotta deal with it!"
Old 09-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #620
kposey989
Freshmen Academy Student

kposey989 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

9/10.

I really like the characters and how the seem to fit together. It's darker and I really enjoy the story. Only thing that's odd is how they wrapped up most end in the season 1 finale, so it's not like the first avatar where you knew what Aang still needed to do and learn.

Of course I read the forums about it and pick up bits and pieces but its so strange not knowing!!

Tags
aang, amon, avatar, bolin, korra, mako, tarlokk is (not) an ass, tenzin