Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
kposey989
Freshmen Academy Student

kposey989 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Offer to help

I just recently found this amazing site and have been enjoying my time here so far. Looking around I have noticed a ton of people saying there haven't been any new avatars uploaded in a long time. I was wondering if something was keeping them from being uploaded or if no one was working on them.

I am a big fan of avatars myself and wanted to ask this and see if any help was needed to provide new avatars when the polls go out for new ones.

-Just a curious person. =)
Old 08-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
TheIndigoFang
Special Jonin Candidate

TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Default Re: Offer to help

Ask an admin or moderator, they should know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Credit: Black King

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Credit: Throw Rasen-Shuriken

Credit: Maruko

Spoiler:
Quote:

@ Indigo:

#shotsfired
Quote:
You know everything Indigo-san.. V_V
TheIndigoFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #3
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

All avatars have to be approved for use before they can be added and this takes a while. People are working on them, it's because of complicated legal reasons. Heck, we had to get the Naruto images in the header bit above approved for use as well.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #4
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

How long has this been going on? Like, more then 2 years?

Naruto321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto321 View Post
How long has this been going on? Like, more then 2 years?
Haha! Yeah. I remember that official avatar thread from way back. Even after I came back, there's nothing new. xD the avatars was the first thing I checked when I got back and it was kinda disappointing.

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Yeah. The way it's going now it doesn't look like we're going to be getting new avatars anytime soon, especially given the fact that we're being given so many chances to have custom avatars and the like.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Im pretty sure it doesn't take too long to get knew avatars and a go for the people in charge of the Naruto images.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #8
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It does when they're in Japan and they're a major anime company and have better things to do than approve avatars.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #9
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Awards Showcase

But its for their fans though

Old 08-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
All avatars have to be approved for use before they can be added and this takes a while. People are working on them, it's because of complicated legal reasons. Heck, we had to get the Naruto images in the header bit above approved for use as well.
Honestly, no one's working on it. Unfortunately, it's not on anyone's list of priorities. The sad truth is we've been lobbying for them for years, but it's a lot of trouble to get it done because they have to be specifically approved.

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22
Sage Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Mode View Post
Honestly, no one's working on it. Unfortunately, it's not on anyone's list of priorities. The sad truth is we've been lobbying for them for years, but it's a lot of trouble to get it done because they have to be specifically approved.
D:
If we put in requests for non anime/manga avatars (example: characters from games not related to Viz owned content), can they get added without needing any kind of approval ? For example, Skyrim and games like that.
YouTube Channel:
Old 08-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Awards Showcase

Thats the approval we need from Viz.

As long as members don't put any viz related stuff, then I think its alright. But I think they need certain requirements to have custom avatars.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #13
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto321 View Post
Thats the approval we need from Viz.

As long as members don't put any viz related stuff, then I think its alright. But I think they need certain requirements to have custom avatars.
Noooo lol. I mean like, having a group of avatars from games that aren't viz owned to pick from, like we have now for the current ones
YouTube Channel:
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
kposey989
Freshmen Academy Student

kposey989 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I wonder if it is the specific avatars from VIZ that need approval or if anything that has Naruto in it does.

That's a bummer. I would love to help, but it seems like even though it's something the fans would love to have, it's more difficult to get things approved for the site. Which is also a bummer since I enjoy coming to this site.