Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 08-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #241
EnigmaNinja
Genin

EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: TOBI (man behind the mask) is Obito Uchiha

well see wutang. He has obito's eye. what else do we know about him in regards of his identity, nothing. We know that he has obitos eye and that he knows a lot about kakashi. i think its fair to say hes most likely going to be obito because of the physical evidence we have.
EnigmaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #242
omgnoway
Freshmen Academy Student

omgnoway is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNinja View Post
well see wutang. He has obito's eye. what else do we know about him in regards of his identity, nothing. We know that he has obitos eye and that he knows a lot about kakashi. i think its fair to say hes most likely going to be obito because of the physical evidence we have.
Having Obito's eye is not evidence that he's Obito at all.
Fact: Kakashi also has Obito's eye, maybe he's Obito?
Fact: Danzo has Sisui's Eye, maybe he's Sisui?

If anything it help proves that he's not Obito as Tobi claims to have gotten his eye "at the fight Kannabi Bridge" which was immediately after the death of Obito. Those who claim Obito unlocked his sharingan at the Bridge were wrong, he unlocked it trying to rescue Rin.
omgnoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #243
WuTang
Ninja Academy Student

WuTang saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

^This guy gets it.
WuTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #244
Emohkinz
Freshmen Academy Student

Emohkinz is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Wink Re: TOBI (man behind the mask) is Obito Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTang View Post
So let me get this straight.

Tobi, the mastermind that created Akatsuki and the Moon's Eye Plan is actually Obito Uchiha who had the brilliant idea of changing around the letters in his name to create his new persona? Seriously guys, if you still think Tobi is Obito, you should read Chapter 597 again. It sure sounds like Tobi found Obito's eye. Besides the Nine Tailed Fox attacked roughly 2 years after Obito's death. Even if Obito was alive, he would really be able to master the Sharingan to the point where he can control Kurama in 2 years?? Even if the "trained by Madara" theories are true? Also wouldn't Minato recognize his former pupil when they went toe to toe, you know the pupil he has probably been grieving over for the last two years? I find this hard to believe and there are plenty of other reasons as to how Tobi could have knowledge of Kakashi and Guy's lives. Spies, maybe even himself in disguise? Also consider the time of his controlling Yagura, Obito would still be incredibly young.

Izuna is still far and away my best guess, but I assure you he is not Obito. And besides, as far as personality goes, Tobi is the antithesis of everything Obito stood for,
Well, as for the age, he is about kakashi's age, so obviously isn't that young. And how powerful he is? Look how far naruto has come in just a few short years, it just depends on how hard he trained, and who trained him. And lastly, ideals change. If he was trapped under that rock for a long time, he could have gone a little insane, or had time to think about all that's wrong in the world. A lot of ninjas in the series under go a major personality change, so it's not so far fetched to think he may have too.
Emohkinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #245
Kurama-Kōhai
Apprentice Genin

Kurama-Kōhai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Kurama-Kōhai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via Skype™ to Kurama-Kōhai

I'm beginning to think that although there are quite a few valid points the increasingly apparent problem is the points that would prove to be quite substantial evidence for multiple theory's regarding Tobi's identity are just too vague to be able to deduce anything of substantial value.

A.K.A "Silent Killer"

(thanks for the nickname Squall)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Theme
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
I made this and can make other banner's PM me with requests or check out my signature shop.

Kurama-Kōhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #246
cseba00
Ninja Academy Student

cseba00 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Naruto 598 is out, and probably this dispute will be over next week, as Naruto has just teared appart Tobi’s mask!!!! so, who wants to bet?
I’m between Izuna (excelent theory by WuTang) and Obito. But I think I still go with Obito. But don’t dissmiss me just yet!!! I have a theory… have you guys ever read other manga besides Naruto? How about Dragon Ball? Think about this: how could Trunks kill Freezer and his father if he wasn’t even born? How did Gohan mastered the almost impossible task of becoming super saiyajin in less than a day? Time travel guys!!! Space time ninjutsu!!! What is that misterious scroll found by team Sasuke in Orochimaru’s secret labs? A text that will “end the war”? I bet it’s a time controlling jutsu… maybe Obito went back in time with this jutsu, as an experiment with Orochimaru, and trained his eye, and then formed akatsuki, or maybe stopped time to train so then he could face his former master… who knows, as some said before, this is fiction, anything could happen!! I started thinking about this, and remembered Orochimaru… if taking away sharingans and install them in your body was so easy (hell, Danzou even had sharingans in his arms!!!), why didn’t Orochimaru just killed sasuke and stealed away his sharingan? No… Orochimaru needed to BE an Uchiha so he could maybe perform a top secret forbidden space time ninjutsu he tested before only one time with… Obito!!! Is this too crazy?
Next week, we’ll know, but for now…
cseba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #247
omgnoway
Freshmen Academy Student

Chapter 598 really had me thinking, I've completely refuted the idea that Tobi could be Obito. However, What Tobi says is very interesting.
"I'm not afraid of some borrowed power that you can only use a bunch of times"
"I'll show you the REAL power of Kumai" (He then activates Kumai)

**Can Tobi show the REAL power of Kumai because he's Obito and it's his eye?

**Or can Tobi show the REAL power of Kumai because he is an Uchiha and able to master the sharingan completely.

Quote:
as an experiment with Orochimaru
If Obito was Tobi Orochimaru would have had nothing to do with it as he was surprised at how much knowledge Kabuto (and Orochimaru) knew about him and Akatsuki's plans. Orochimaru wanted the Sharingan because he theorized that the Rinnegan was the final stage of the Sharingan and probably wanted to obtain the most powerful Dojutsu (Rinnegan)

Last edited by omgnoway; 08-22-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #248
cseba00
Ninja Academy Student

He shouldn't be that surprised, Orochimaru was part of akatsuki at one point in the story... surely he learned a few things back then... so, why do you think Orochimaru came back to life if it was not key to the plot? How does that fit in the story? I think that if that scroll can end the war, then it's surely related to Tobi... I bet revealing the contents of that scroll gives away the real identity of Tobi. What do you think?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #249
omgnoway
Freshmen Academy Student

To be honest I think the scroll is tied to Tobi but not directly. The war is mainly fought by the thousands of Zetsus, I would consider them regular soldiers of Tobi's army and the revived Ninja would be more like Generals of the Army. Personally, I think the scroll has a secret about Zetsu which could also tie into Tobi.
Fastest way to end the war?
Destroy the Zetsus (The front line) and focus on the Edo-Tensei Ninja.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #250
cseba00
Ninja Academy Student

That doesn't make sense: Zetsus were wiped out by naruto, and edo-tensei by Itachi, so the war is mostly now about beating a few zetsus that probably remain (not specially challenging I presume), and dealing with Uchiha Madara (tough one) and Tobi (another tough one). So... if the scroll holds information that Sasuke judges vital enough to bring Orochimaru back, I don't think it has to do with zetsus, but with Tobi and/or Madara, and probably, with the story behind the killing of the Uchiha clan... I mean, this whole story is coming to a conclusion and all loose ends are about to be closed in a few chapters... so, really... zetsus??? they are not a very interesting or clever twists in the story, so... forget about zetsus already!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #251
omgnoway
Freshmen Academy Student

What I was implying is that Zetsu has a close relation to Tobi & Madara. Remember, To create Zetsu you need Hashirama's DNA.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #252
Eikiti
Freshmen Academy Student

Eikiti is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Hello guys, new to the forum

Well, first off, I think that many of the guys here used absurd examples to present their points...
Maybe Kakashi is Obito for example...

Secondly, don't understimate the creativity of the great master Kishimoto!!

I'm kinda unsure, as some of u guys said, Tobi could have got the eyes of the deceased Obito. Or he can be Obito! But I don't think like "He's Obito period". There will be an at least, logical explanation.

Besides, Tobi seemed to have quite a collection of eyes.
Eikiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #253
Drake_Stephens
Chunin Exam Participant

Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Hey guys, me people like me who don't read the manga this is considered a spoiler and you should post it like that. just saying.

That is all.
Drake_Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #254
EnigmaNinja
Genin

EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!

That doesn't make sense: Zetsus were wiped out by naruto, and edo-tensei by Itachi, so the war is mostly now about beating a few zetsus that probably remain (not specially challenging I presume), and dealing with Uchiha Madara (tough one) and Tobi (another tough one). So... if the scroll holds information that Sasuke judges vital enough to bring Orochimaru back, I don't think it has to do with zetsus, but with Tobi and/or Madara, and probably, with the story behind the killing of the Uchiha clan... I mean, this whole story is coming to a conclusion and all loose ends are about to be closed in a few chapters... so, really... zetsus??? they are not a very interesting or clever twists in the story, so... forget about zetsus already!!!

lol you never know this actually might be accurate. well not every point but it could happen, i mean it is kishi.

Last edited by EnigmaNinja; 08-22-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #255
Emohkinz
Freshmen Academy Student

Emohkinz is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Lightbulb I'll take that bet! (why isn't my post showing up?)

To cseba00 - (I tried to quote your "wanna bet" post, but barely any of my post would show up.... :/)

If we're betting I'm still going with tobi is obito. I've said it since the beginning, and the newest chapter, I'm pretty sure is hinting at it. VERY LOUDLY.

This part -
Spoiler:
Kakashi is thinking at the beginning of 598 "He can't..be., No...that's not possible.." and what are they showing a picture of when he says that? Oh yes the grave of obito and rin. yeah, go back and check it out!

And then later tobi says "I'm not afraid of some borrowed power that you can only use a bunch of times", "I'll show you the power of the real kamui!" which makes me think he knows the real power cause it's his!

Oh and when guy says "I can guess what your thinking about now and its the same for me ... But leave it for awhile! It's no time to indulge in feelings!

And that's why I still think Tobi = Obito, and this chapter proves it even more!

Sorry for posting so many times everyone, but my first two posts wouldn't show almost all of my post.

Last edited by Emohkinz; 08-22-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: To correct mistakes!
Emohkinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #256
The Jinkuriki
Freshmen Academy Student

The Jinkuriki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Smile Re: TOBI (man behind the mask) is Obito Uchiha

Hello! I think that tobi is obito as in the latest episode 276, we could clearly see that his left eye was covered with little white and before when tobi saved sasuke after defeating itachi he was covered with marks on left side! thats my opinion: next thursday we will get to know!
The Jinkuriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #257
EnigmaNinja
Genin

tobi is obito!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #258
EnigmaNinja
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jinkuriki View Post
Hello! I think that tobi is obito as in the latest episode 276, we could clearly see that his left eye was covered with little white and before when tobi saved sasuke after defeating itachi he was covered with marks on left side! thats my opinion: next thursday we will get to know!
i didnt notice that
Old 08-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #259
WuTang
Ninja Academy Student

WuTang saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emohkinz View Post
Well, as for the age, he is about kakashi's age, so obviously isn't that young. And how powerful he is? Look how far naruto has come in just a few short years, it just depends on how hard he trained, and who trained him. And lastly, ideals change. If he was trapped under that rock for a long time, he could have gone a little insane, or had time to think about all that's wrong in the world. A lot of ninjas in the series under go a major personality change, so it's not so far fetched to think he may have too.
Hmmm .... okay, point taken.
WuTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #260
Shikurinfu
Freshmen Academy Student

Shikurinfu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Well, Tobi met Madara, as well as Minato at the Kyuubi's attack on Konoha, how can he be Obito? o.o
Shikurinfu is offline   Reply With Quote