Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #61
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade
 
Uchiha Sora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chocolate Droppa
Posts: 10,298
Rep Power: 20
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Kakashi Demon's resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
You ARE on the list. you're UXS and I'm MB
Pretty sure he meant UchihaXSasuke... Which is pretty odd to me
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 08-19-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #62
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator
 
The Immortal Watch Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,951
Rep Power: 39
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Kakashi Demon's resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
Opinion based or not, opinion should be allowed. Otherwise place will become even worse than OBD.
considering the OBD has taken CBr's place as the third "great power" among verses debate sites out there..I don't actually see a problem with this place becoming like the OBD

having debated on both in their heydays..I just don't see it




Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post

Or maybe people here were simply happier. They had freedom, they had opportunity but most of all, they had fun.
oh then in that case everything is fine- see when I got demoted and demodded (and CoP and any other poster in this thread can attest to this) things immediately got worse, the fanboys were at the gates and trolling rose exponentially..when I took back power things calmed down

people seemed a lot happier then and do now, we actually lost people when that changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
That would make all new guys not be welcome because they didn't contribute yet. Besides, I think they did debate well a few times.
no all new guys are welcome.. obviously they need time to build up but this guy had a year and did absolutely nothing in that time...so no different situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
I'll try to do my best with my attitude and so should you.
my attitude is someone who finds this entire situation almost tragically comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post

How about soloing OnePieceverse minus Gol D. Roger?
based on what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
How so? Madara has advantage in speed, number of techniques, plenty of them capable of bringing down Whitebeard.
Naruto has the slowest characters out of the HsT... now bleach seems to be edging out OP in speed


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
Alright then. But then simply try to correct me and I'll either agree or provide another argument.
good posters like Uchiha Sora tried that in that thread, you did not listen


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
Isn't speed of Narutoverse far higher than OnePieceverse? I will admit I didn't do calculation for either side. But if I am not mistaken the best speed feats One Piece has (not counting Kizaru) would be Luffy dodging bullets and still being slowpoke compared to Blueno and then Luffy semi-blitzing Blueno. And then Luffy gradually improving over time and receiving a speed boost after time skip. I don't really know how it even comes to the level of speed Narutoverse has.
the fastest characters going by feats in the NU would be Gai and Naruto and the Raikages.. going by calcs it'd probably be a few more there

going by feats Soul society arc Yamamoto and Yuiroichi still crap on their best feats much less monsters like Silvers who can react to Kizaru or the sword masters like Dracule or Shanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
I had other reasons too. And guy seriously had the attitude as if I was troll and making this place worse. It seems more like he never contributed to this place.
and if you feel that guys attitude was BS knock him down a peg, the civility rules that govern the BG's do allow you to defend yourself as long as you don't straddle the fence too far into flaming

we take a very harsh stance on bullying, instead of running you should have just held your ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
I don't. As I already said. I do what I do. You and some other think I am being troll. Some think I am just pointing out mistakes. Some think I am trying to improve this place.
I have seen nothing yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
But I don't understand why you view me as a troll. Have I not shown that I am serious when pointing out things that I think are mistakes?

if you can't see the problem with the way you are acting then and the difference between yourself and say Megabut who recently essentially wiped out the entirety of the BG staff in one moment of moronic white knighting..and why despite that the guy isn't receiving half the flak you are then I don't know what to say

there are ways to approach things..walking in here like you're Jesus Christ fused with Joan of Arc is not one of them
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #63
Kakashi Demon
Ninja Academy Student
 
Kakashi Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kakashi
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 8
Kakashi Demon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kakashi Demon has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Kakashi Demon's resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
considering the OBD has taken CBr's place as the third "great power" among verses debate sites out there..I don't actually see a problem with this place becoming like the OBD

having debated on both in their heydays..I just don't see it

This is an official forum. It has its standards. OBD is full of flaming, insulting and trolling. Also their debates lack something... I can't really describe. But we want to be better than OBD. Polite, understanding, nice, intelligent, skilled, successful, opened for everyone, fair, perseverant and not be fakers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
oh then in that case everything is fine- see when I got demoted and demodded (and CoP and any other poster in this thread can attest to this) things immediately got worse, the fanboys were at the gates and trolling rose exponentially..when I took back power things calmed down

people seemed a lot happier then and do now, we actually lost people when that changed

I am not saying I support trolling. But claiming someone would win and providing reasons other do not find convincing is not trolling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
no all new guys are welcome.. obviously they need time to build up but this guy had a year and did absolutely nothing in that time...so no different situation
Well I am here for around two years and in terms of debating I didn't do that much. Does this mean that in future, I won't be more beneficial for Battlegrounds?


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
my attitude is someone who finds this entire situation almost tragically comic
What makes you say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
based on what?
Here's the thing. From what I understand on this forum you have some standards predetermined. In terms of speed you have already determined Bleach>One Piece>Naruto

But this is not true for every forum. How this scale is made is not very clear, not here and not on other forums either. But if it was, I am sure there would be many mistakes and controversial parts.

Here is what I mean.

On one forum it is very clear and majority agrees that Naruto's speed exceeds that of Burter.

I hope you will agree that is absurd. I think it is.

But if on their forum no one notices mistake as huge as that (and it's not like 100% are stupid), how can you know that we aren't making a mistake as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
Naruto has the slowest characters out of the HsT... now bleach seems to be edging out OP in speed
See above.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
good posters like Uchiha Sora tried that in that thread, you did not listen
I know. He did well. After I returned I even noticed he sent me PM to explain it further.

But he mostly countered why entire OnePieceverse couldn't be soloed, which I admit at the time was more actual than Madara vs Whitebeard.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
the fastest characters going by feats in the NU would be Gai and Naruto and the Raikages.. going by calcs it'd probably be a few more there

going by feats Soul society arc Yamamoto and Yuiroichi still crap on their best feats much less monsters like Silvers who can react to Kizaru or the sword masters like Dracule or Shanks
In my opinion, considering he fights against five Kage and is still winning, Madara should on the list of the fastest ones in Narutoverse.

Sometimes it is said Kizaru during combat is as fast as light. But I don't agree. On top of that, that would also mean every single logia character can fight as fast as their element moves in nature.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
and if you feel that guys attitude was BS knock him down a peg, the civility rules that govern the BG's do allow you to defend yourself as long as you don't straddle the fence too far into flaming

we take a very harsh stance on bullying, instead of running you should have just held your ground
Thank you, I will remember your advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
I have seen nothing yet
I hope you will.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
if you can't see the problem with the way you are acting then and the difference between yourself and say Megabut who recently essentially wiped out the entirety of the BG staff in one moment of moronic white knighting..and why despite that the guy isn't receiving half the flak you are then I don't know what to say

there are ways to approach things..walking in here like you're Jesus Christ fused with Joan of Arc is not one of them
I didn't completely understand what you tried to say. I really didn't. I am tired so maybe I can't think that much or maybe I just have my dumb moments.

So I will just ask whether you meant that my thoughts are not taken seriously and that in order to prove I am honest, I should have approach Megabbaut has?
Kakashi Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #64
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator
 
The Immortal Watch Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,951
Rep Power: 39
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Kakashi Demon's resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
This is an official forum. It has its standards. OBD is full of flaming, insulting and trolling. Also their debates lack something... I can't really describe. But we want to be better than OBD. Polite, understanding, nice, intelligent, skilled, successful, opened for everyone, fair, perseverant and not be fakers.[

The OBD is like any other major league verses forum it does not impose tolerance and niceness in the form of rules designed to protect every one who thinks Sasuke can mind rape magneto..

I see no reason not do the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
I am not saying I support trolling. But claiming someone would win and providing reasons other do not find convincing is not trolling.
my understanding from those who witnessed it is that you did not properly mount an argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
Well I am here for around two years and in terms of debating I didn't do that much. Does this mean that in future, I won't be more beneficial for Battlegrounds?
that depends entirely on how you conduct yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
What makes you say that?
because you don't see me acting this indignant with just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
Here's the thing. From what I understand on this forum you have some standards predetermined. In terms of speed you have already determined Bleach>One Piece>Naruto
mm not especially no, it varies based on the individual characters and feats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
On one forum it is very clear and majority agrees that Naruto's speed exceeds that of Burter.

I hope you will agree that is absurd. I think it is.
I would certainly hope we could both agree to that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
But if on their forum no one notices mistake as huge as that (and it's not like 100% are stupid), how can you know that we aren't making a mistake as well?

because that's painfully obvious? Your dealing with someone who crosses thousands of miles in mere moments..flying verses someone who takes days to make a quarter of that travel time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post

I know. He did well. After I returned I even noticed he sent me PM to explain it further.

But he mostly countered why entire OnePieceverse couldn't be soloed, which I admit at the time was more actual than Madara vs Whitebeard.
and I'm not particularly sure what Madara can do to white beard considering the guy has anti mind rape defenses and the offensive might to pulverize him

he'd have to be very fast indeed to get one good mind rape off before being pulped


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
In my opinion, considering he fights against five Kage and is still winning, Madara should on the list of the fastest ones in Narutoverse.
He also got speed blitzed By Gaaras sand..and Narutos rasengan something the third and fourth raikage wouldn't have been..

mind you..Madara seemed more interested in continuously blabbering about how much of a god he is and how awesome he is and the like rather than actual fighting

so getting a proper gauge on someone who's nearly enfeebled mentally due to his own arrogance is very hard..but based on what we saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
Sometimes it is said Kizaru during combat is as fast as light. But I don't agree. On top of that, that would also mean every single logia character can fight as fast as their element moves in nature.
I spent the bulk of 2008 debating against that..I remember those days we agree completely on that being bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Demon View Post
I didn't completely understand what you tried to say. I really didn't. I am tired so maybe I can't think that much or maybe I just have my dumb moments.

So I will just ask whether you meant that my thoughts are not taken seriously and that in order to prove I am honest, I should have approach Megabbaut has?
I'm saying the way you presented yourself as some savior crusading to deliver the common BG'er from my Tyranny..made you very off putting to a great many of your peers including one who doesn't really like me all that much

you were made out as some..worse evil or hilarious troll

perception is kinda important and all
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #65
Nigoyukai
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Nigoyukai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 605
Rep Power: 5
Nigoyukai is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nigoyukai is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nigoyukai is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nigoyukai is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Kakashi Demon's resignation

Now that the OP is back and debating here, this thread is pretty useless now eh? Should it be deleted or locked? (as doing so will prevent or at least cut the shitstorm that's brewing right now)

Last edited by Nigoyukai; 08-19-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Nigoyukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #66
Cult of Personality
Super Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,799
Rep Power: 0
Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Kakashi Demon's resignation

Left open so he can be derided for his stupidity.
Cult of Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #67
Frost ninja
debates with determination
 
Frost ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,129
Rep Power: 16
Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Kakashi Demon's resignation

Naruto is faster than OP?
Pardon me while I giggle a bit.
__________________
There comes a certain sting, not from being terrible when average is expected, but from being exceptional when average is required.
Frost ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #68
Kakashi Demon
Ninja Academy Student
 
Kakashi Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kakashi
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 8
Kakashi Demon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kakashi Demon has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Kakashi Demon's resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
The OBD is like any other major league verses forum it does not impose tolerance and niceness in the form

of rules designed to protect every one who thinks Sasuke can mind rape magneto..

I see no reason not do the same thing
People who come here are mostly those who watch or read Naruto. They may have seen other series, maybe not.

Also, Superman, Magneto, Spiderman,... In my opinion, most of people think of their movie version. Perhaps they don't even know of other

versions. And from my experience movie version is in 90% times weaker than the other versions. So, it is not even slightest surprising they say

Sasuke beats Magneto. But they are not trolling. They just don't have knowledge.

And even if they do, they may not want to look at the things from the same perspective like OBD. Maybe they have no interest to compare series

through such way. They might compare abilities and avoid arguments such as speedblitz.

But our obligation still is to remain nice even if someone thinks Martin Luther King is starter of Protestantism.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
my understanding from those who witnessed it is that you did not properly mount an argument
Maybe. But I did not find much resistance in claims that Madara beats Whitebeard. I think most agreed. But majority opposed that Madara cannot

beat OnePieceverse as a whole. With explanation Uchiha Sora provived, I'd have to say I agree. Either way, I will try to present arguments more

thoroughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
that depends entirely on how you conduct yourself
I will try to conduct my self as good as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
because you don't see me acting this indignant with just anyone
I guess went overboard with some complaints. But I truly didn't try to be a white knight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
mm not especially no, it varies based on the individual characters and feats
Alright then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
I would certainly hope we could both agree to that
Oh, yes we do! I might be wrong at some things sometimes but I am not stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
because that's painfully obvious? Your dealing with someone who crosses thousands of miles in mere

moments..flying verses someone who takes days to make a quarter of that travel time
Yes, when we talk about Burter. But this is a huge mistake. I meant, how do we know that we don't do less drastic mistakes?

Just as a reference, Pain vs Minato, Jiraiya vs Itachi, Minato vs Itachi and many others. Once first one wins, then the other and so on. And they

all died long ago. This all on a single forum, not to mention on different forums different one wins often.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
and I'm not particularly sure what Madara can do to white beard considering the guy has anti mind rape

defenses and the offensive might to pulverize him

he'd have to be very fast indeed to get one good mind rape off before being pulped
What do you mean by anti mind rape? Haki or something else I overlooked. If you mean Haki I think it is very arguable.

If we go by energy equalization ordinary genjutsu should not be a problem, however, Mangekyo sharingan genjutsu was never broken without help or

another one with sharingan. I might be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
He also got speed blitzed By Gaaras sand..and Narutos rasengan something the third and fourth raikage

wouldn't have been..

mind you..Madara seemed more interested in continuously blabbering about how much of a god he is and how awesome he is and the like rather than

actual fighting

so getting a proper gauge on someone who's nearly enfeebled mentally due to his own arrogance is very hard..but based on what we saw
Well he still managed to "survive".

Yes, Madara is arrogant. He talks a lot. And as I said, he is not one of my favorite characters.

But his blabbering is his testimony to strength. This guy keeps talking, true, but while fighting 5 Kage. And he is winning.

Two of these Kage are strong if they fought one on one. And the other three are more mediocre but they can fight. And fighting all five together

is a great feat, I think.

I know his arrogance will be his downfall. Kage will seal him or something. But the only reason they still live is PnJ.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
I spent the bulk of 2008 debating against that..I remember those days we agree completely on that being bs
I'm glad we agree.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
I'm saying the way you presented yourself as some savior crusading to deliver the common BG'er from my

Tyranny..made you very off putting to a great many of your peers including one who doesn't really like me all that much

you were made out as some..worse evil or hilarious troll

perception is kinda important and all
Like I said. I am not trying to be a white knight. I just support everyone to voice their opinion. And I know you try your best. But to debate

you have to have some sort of opinion. Whether wrong or right.

If one is mistaken or didn't give good arguments, he should be corrected and shown other perspectives but not be attacked. There is no need for

insults. That is what bothered me the most in this section since I joined.

This place has many rules. You can't show scans and such. So we have to be better at other things, even more important ones.

Let say some genius finds a way to prove Sasuke can defeat Superman. It is extreme and we all know he can't... But let say there is a way and we

are all just unable to comprehend it. And if this guy can prove it, we should let him explain. That is also why we shouldn't think he is a troll.

No, I am not saying I am genius or that you can't comprehend. This was just an extreme example to show what I mean and it has nothing to do with

Madara vs Whitebeard or other posts I made.
Kakashi Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.