Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 08-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #61
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Naruto 597 Discussion

^Because they're H4XX.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #62
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

So I guess I'm the only one who thinks Tobi is Obito's killer from the fight in the kakashi chronicles? Kakko? Not even a comment on that!!

He told kakashi where he was when he got it. At the bridge for that battle. He isn't Obito, He's Kakko, who killed him and was the leader of those bad guys. He is a perfect match for jutsu, looks, age, motivation (already a bad guy).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by paradigm1977; 08-12-2012 at 02:38 PM.
paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #63
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Do wee get a new chapter on Wednesday?
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #64
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

I don't know why it was released yesterday. But Yes Im sure a chapter will come this Wednesday

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Naruto321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #65
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm1977 View Post
So I guess I'm the only one who thinks Tobi is Obito's killer from theat fight in the kakashi chronicles? Kakko? Not even a comment on that!!

He told kakashi where he was when he got it. At the bridge for that battle. He isn't Obio, He's Kakko, who killed him and was the leader of those bad guys. He is a perfect match for jutsu, looks, age, motivation (already a bad guy).
Kakashi killed him.
Narutorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #66
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutorious View Post
Kakashi killed him.

No he didn't. Kakko climbed on top of the rock pile then passed out or was hit from behind. Chidori didn't kill him.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #67
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
No he didn't. Kakko climbed on top of the rock pile then passed out or was hit from behind. Chidori didn't kill him.
Dude stop saying that. It's not Kakko. Kakashi killed him

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #68
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
No kakashi stabbed him with chidori and he fell and died on top of those rocks.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #69
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
Dude stop saying that. It's not Kakko. Kakashi killed him

Stop saying that? I have to give you "the hand" on that one. Stop saying Kakashi killed him when he didn't. reread the final kakashi gaiden chapter, actually, all of them. The facial lines are even the same as Tobi vs konan. It makes more sense than Obito. And it has to be one or the other according to what Tobi said about getting the sharingan at "the fight." not just the location.

It's a great twist. No one saw that coming. But he has the speed and genjutsu potential to be Tobi. The arrogance. He was a leader.

And I am the only one who said the mask damage was from the chakra trail the first time the kunai passed through his head. Everyone else said it was reversed later. So Kakashi confirmed I was right.

I am not afraid to be the lone believer again. Even though I shouldn't be.

Last edited by paradigm1977; 08-12-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #70
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Stop saying that? I have to give you "the hand" on that one. Stop saying Kakashi killed him when he didn't. reread the final kakashi gaiden chapter, actually, all of them. The facial lines are even the same as Tobi vs konan. It makes more sense than Obito. And it has to be one or the other according to what Tobi said about getting the sharingan at "the fight." not just the location.

It's a great twist. No one saw that coming. But he has the speed and genjutsu potential to be Tobi. The arrogance. He was a leader.
I only said that once. You must be talking about Narutorious.

Anyway, if it is Kakko that would just be a let down. No one would really be excited if it was him.

If it is Kakko, Naruto will just be ruined for me

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #71
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

The problem is it's not gonna be some randon character, not to mention he must've met Gai before too, it's someone we had seen recently and frequently, hence the mask.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #72
Merechan
Chunin Exam Participant

Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Right, Tobi has Obito's eye. It's confirmed, it's canon, it's done. Not only does that explain how their space/time jutsu are connected, it explains how Kakashi obtained the Mangekyou Sharingan in the first place. GUYS, IT'S ALMOST LIKE KISHI WAS PLANNING THIS ALL ALONG.

▲ ▲

hufflepuff

Merechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #73
acerbitas
Ninja Academy Student

acerbitas is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
So I guess I'm the only one who thinks Tobi is Obito's killer from theat fight in the kakashi chronicles? Kakko? Not even a comment on that!!

He told kakashi where he was when he got it. At the bridge for that battle. He isn't Obio, He's Kakko, who killed him and was the leader of those bad guys. He is a perfect match for jutsu, looks, age, motivation (already a bad guy).
There has to be more to it than that. Tobi is quoting conversations between Minato, Obito, and Kakashi. Without a Zetsu tie in, it does not seem plausible for Tobi to be Kakko.

I am not a fan of it being Obito or the idea of him unknowingly using spamui when hit by the rocks. But, it seems more plausible.

Tobi says he got the eye at the battle of the bridge. Which, takes place after Obito is dead and Kakashi has the sharingan as narrated by the third. So, saying he got it there is likely not a reference to awakening it himself/being Obito.

There is also the ideas of being able to turn on and off the sharingan as a Uchiha. Though, after activation, we don't see Obito's turn off. Even in the clutches of death, they are on. And of course, the instant jump to two tamoe.

There is more to this.
acerbitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #74
Bratcipheo
Super Banned

Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Bratcipheo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3thall3g3nd View Post
Lol I never read the Obito is Tobi threads let alone reply to them, if your happy with the story making no sense just because your a fan boy who can't admit when something is wrong then good for you and with this chapter it preety much confirmed that Tobi only had obito's eye and that he's not Obito which would off been stupid anyway considering a couple of years later Tobi fought minato after Obito died.
I can see you've never read such a theory, or mine. Else wouldn't argue like a total Tobi-Obito virgin opposer.

Everything makes sense. The Plotholes you guys talk about dont exist.

A Plothole is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline.

You confuse gaps with inconsistency. When people say there is a plothole in Obito still living, they're right! When viewing it as a gap of knowledge, a backstory we are yet to hear.
But most people here confuse it with inconsistency and thus, bad story making.

I've always said that he easily could survive those rocks, by jutsu, luck, help later or what do i know. We merely lacked the knowledge.
It would ONLY have been inconsistency plothole if we'd seen Obito dead afterwards.
Bratcipheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #75
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerbitas View Post
There has to be more to it than that. Tobi is quoting conversations between Minato, Obito, and Kakashi. Without a Zetsu tie in, it does not seem plausible for Tobi to be Kakko.

I am not a fan of it being Obito or the idea of him unknowingly using spamui when hit by the rocks. But, it seems more plausible.

Tobi says he got the eye at the battle of the bridge. Which, takes place after Obito is dead and Kakashi has the sharingan as narrated by the third. So, saying he got it there is likely not a reference to awakening it himself/being Obito.

There is also the ideas of being able to turn on and off the sharingan as a Uchiha. Though, after activation, we don't see Obito's turn off. Even in the clutches of death, they are on. And of course, the instant jump to two tamoe.

There is more to this.
I like the idea of the overlooked bad guy coming back to be much more powerful. The drama is that he would be the one that killed Obito. He's an earth user as Tobi very possibly is. His sidekick pulled a zetsu move by phasing out of the tree, outside their hideout. He knows the conversations from the genjutsu on Rin. And why would the battle for the bridge be after that fight? It was the same final issue in the arc that Minato arrives and the last page has the bridge destroyed. It wasn't later. They were in the vicinity of the bridge, that's why Konoha was there first, and second, how they could get their immediately after. Kakashi knows who it is, so it had to be someone in that fight scene in the manga. He didn't fight between his rescue and the bridge drawn as collapsed.

The hair is just as likely as Obito. Except kakko is an age match, was involved in a war vs konoha, the lines under his eye and his eye brow match tobi's from the konan fight. Kakashi warned him that kakko was a speed guy. Chidori didn't kill him, like it would any fodder ninja....He's super arrogant, and doesn't think Obito or Kakashi are anywhere near his level, despite his henchmen being defeated.

The list goes on and on why Kakko should be Tobi. Tobi could simply be made to be Obito, but there are timeline issues.

Last edited by paradigm1977; 08-12-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #76
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

So it is pretty much confirmed that Tobi has Obito's other eye, but still unconfirmed if he is actually Obito. And my theory about the dimensions was 100% correct. One interesting thing is that Tobi doesn't need to send his full body into another dimension when evading attacks, only the part of it that is being attacked.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #77
acerbitas
Ninja Academy Student

acerbitas is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
I like the idea of the overlooked bad guy coming back to be much more powerful. The drama is that he would be the one that killed Obito. He's an earth user as Tobi very possibly is. His sidekick pulled a zetsu move by phasing out of the tree, outside their hideout.

The hair is just as likely as Obito. Except kakko is an age match, was involved in a war vs konoha, the lines under his eye and his eye brow match tobi's from the konan fight. Kakashi warned him that kakko was a speed guy. Chidori didn't kill him, like it would any fodder ninja....He's super arrogant, and doesn't think Obito or Kakashi are anywhere near his level, despite his henchmen being defeated.

The list goes on and on why Kakko should be Tobi. Tobi could simply be made to be Obito, but there are timeline issues.
All I'm saying is, without more information/background, things still do not line up that easy. There is still so much that is not explained since we only get snapshots of the Narutoverse.

While convenient, I don't think it's Kakko. It would take just as many flashbacks to explain it being Kakko as it would someone else. While it explains the hate for Konoha and Uchiha, I don't think his personality works with the moon's eye plan for world peace. Lastly, how would Kakko be able to have the sharingan always on without exhaustion when Kakashi can not? It took Kakashi a lot longer to learn to use his and is still not to the level that Tobi was when he fought Minato. Who would have done the transplant?(for that matter...who does Tobi's?) While it could be flash backed in, it doesn't seem right to me.

I also still don't think it's Obito.

Last edited by acerbitas; 08-12-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Clarification.
acerbitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #78
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerbitas View Post
All I'm saying is, without more information/background, things still do not line up that easy. There is still so much that is not explained since we only get snapshots of the Narutoverse.

While convenient, I don't think it's Kakko. It would take just as many flashbacks to explain it being Kakko as it would someone else. While it explains the hate for Konoha and Uchiha, I don't think his personality works with the moon's eye plan for world peace. Lastly, how would Kakko be able to have the sharingan always on without exhaustion when Kakashi can not? It took Kakashi a lot longer to learn to use his and is still not to the level that Tobi was when he fought Minato. Who would have done the transplant?(for that matter...who does Tobi's?) While it could be flash backed in, it doesn't seem right to me.

I also still don't think it's Obito.
I don't think it needs any flashbacks. But it could be told in one. Kakko is the most obvious suspect for being in the right place at the right time to get it. Anyone outside that fight had to walk through the neighborhood and sense a dead boy with no chakra (if it's not obito), and then find a reason dig him out. And do it. All between when kakashi left the cave and when Minato rescued them minutes later.

That is a very short window. And Kaskashi seems to know who Tobi is. Tobi said the battle for the bridge, which was destroyed at the end of the issue. That battle wouldn't have been after that fight we saw. it was at the same time, and they were a part of that fight. Just a different location.

It has to be kakko or Obito. No other chartacters are allowed whithout it being someone we've never seen with/vs. Kakashi.

Last edited by paradigm1977; 08-12-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #79
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

^Zetsu could had also been there and took Obito's body afterwards.

Last edited by Narutorious; 08-12-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #80
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutorious View Post
^Zetsu could had also been there and took Obito's body afterwards.
And Zetsu could have been one of them. You see the black and white affect of the iwagekure ninjas?The sleeves? Black and white like zetsu. I bet zetsu was from Iwagekure. And could have been off panel. He would at least know Tobi/Kakko. also Kakko's accomplice was phasing through the ground and trees, like Zetsu or like Yamato. Maybe teleporting through the ground like Zetsu. So Kakko, his accomplice, Tobi and Zetsu are earth users.

Last edited by paradigm1977; 08-12-2012 at 09:29 PM.