Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 08-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
Slothh
Freshmen Academy Student

Slothh is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Post Naruto Shippuden English Dub Questions?

I have been a major fan of Naruto since it first aired on Toonami years ago. I watched most of the original series on there, only to finish it and the rest of the Shippuden dubs only recently.

You can imagine my dismay when I realized that only 150 or so episodes of Shipuden have been dubbed in my long break from the series. I would continue with the series watching the subbed version, but I grew up watching Naruto with the dubbed voices (which is one of the best dubs i've ever heard on anime) so switching over to subbed would be weird and "uncomfortable".

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate EVERYTHING VIZ is doing and i'm so glad they are dubbing Shippuden.

But does it really take 3+ months to release 12 episodes?
Cant the people just sit down for a few hours a couple or so times a month and do a bunch of voice overs, only to have the editors to edit in the voices and fix the animation?

I waited months for the next 12 episodes to come out, only to have most of them to be pointless fillers.

If $ is a problem, couldn't they just open a kickstarter and have us donate for faster release dates? I'm sure thousands of people would chip in to get 12 episode a month and a half earlier.

Your thoughts?
Slothh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Naruto Shippuden English Dub Questions?

They're probably much further along in the dubs, they just choose to release 12 ep a month in order to maximize their profits
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

it takes a lot of effort to match the mouth movements of the characters with the translated dialogue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Slothh
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
it takes a lot of effort to match the mouth movements of the characters with the translated dialogue
Yes, i'm sure it does, but 3 months for 12 episodes? They must have like 1 guy doing the editing or something.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Gotta be patient, sometimes its 14 every three months. And if you think about it, its no different than anything else, that all dubbed anime, has done before. 3 months = 12 weeks! so at the rate we are going, its no different from getting one episode a week, just like the Television tradition, has been so far. You should feel happy that Shippuden isnt doing hiatus'. Atleast they keep bringing them! Thats the important thing. If they STOP.......THEN that serves as a problem, but right now, you should be happy with what you are getting. It takes time to dub things, and Japan releases one episode a week, and there is no complaining with that. lol You just gotta understand that it takes time, to produce works, like these.

2) "IIIIIIII dont owe you any explainations....."
::Sasuke::

3) "Calling us Jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us"
::Naruto::

4) "Im through following orders. For now on, I think for myself"
::Sai::
RobbieMar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Slothh
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMar1 View Post
Gotta be patient, sometimes its 14 every three months. And if you think about it, its no different than anything else, that all dubbed anime, has done before. 3 months = 12 weeks! so at the rate we are going, its no different from getting one episode a week, just like the Television tradition, has been so far. You should feel happy that Shippuden isnt doing hiatus'. Atleast they keep bringing them! Thats the important thing. If they STOP.......THEN that serves as a problem, but right now, you should be happy with what you are getting. It takes time to dub things, and Japan releases one episode a week, and there is no complaining with that. lol You just gotta understand that it takes time, to produce works, like these.
Well yeah like I said, I'm very grateful for what they are doing. But still, 12 episodes every 3 months? Hell, we'll barely be over episode 200 by the end of NEXT year. Watching an episode a week is almost impossible.

I guess my main issue is that I don't see how it takes them so long to make. Yes it requires a lot of editing and such, but they must have like 1 guy doing it!

I still think they should start some kind of donation fund to get the episodes in faster.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
Toddler Naruto
Chunin

Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

That is how most ongoing dubbed anime is released Slothh, just take a look at Bleach and One Piece, they also only get like 13 episodes every 2 or 3 months.

If you don't like it, feel free to watch the subs up to Episode 270 whatever, but then you'll probably never want to watch the dub again...

(I've noticed that most people who switch from the dub to the sub, never watch the dub again after that, and they become sub only fans)

|
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothh View Post
Well yeah like I said, I'm very grateful for what they are doing. But still, 12 episodes every 3 months? Hell, we'll barely be over episode 200 by the end of NEXT year. Watching an episode a week is almost impossible.

I guess my main issue is that I don't see how it takes them so long to make. Yes it requires a lot of editing and such, but they must have like 1 guy doing it!

I still think they should start some kind of donation fund to get the episodes in faster.
Yeah true, but its just like Toddler said. I mean, try watching your episodes on a regimen. Thats exactly what im doing, and i have up to 15 episodes left! both from vol. 11 and 12! lol and i thats PLENTY to live off of, until October. lol I mean, just pick a day out of the week to watch one new episode, and keep progressing that way. You'll be surprised! I watch a new episode, every Saturday night, and rewatch the same episode the follow Thursday! And its been WONDERFUL to me!

And Toddler, PLEASE dont tell him about the subs thing.... Thats how we lose dub fans! We have to keep the support going, if we want to keep getting more...

Old 08-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
Slothh
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
That is how most ongoing dubbed anime is released Slothh, just take a look at Bleach and One Piece, they also only get like 13 episodes every 2 or 3 months.

If you don't like it, feel free to watch the subs up to Episode 270 whatever, but then you'll probably never want to watch the dub again...

(I've noticed that most people who switch from the dub to the sub, never watch the dub again after that, and they become sub only fans)
Hmmm, Well Ill give it 2-3 episodes of the sub but I doubt i'll be able to stick with it. I grew up with the dub voices and after watching a subbed episode it just didn't feel the same.

EDIT: I couldn't do it. I spent more time looking at the subtitles than I did watching the actual show. It sucks and I would easily donate (as a lot of other people would) to get the dubs out faster. Waiting so long for so little hurts after a while.

Last edited by Slothh; 08-08-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
Slothh
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Yeah true, but its just like Toddler said. I mean, try watching your episodes on a regimen. Thats exactly what im doing, and i have up to 15 episodes left! both from vol. 11 and 12! lol and i thats PLENTY to live off of, until October. lol I mean, just pick a day out of the week to watch one new episode, and keep progressing that way. You'll be surprised! I watch a new episode, every Saturday night, and rewatch the same episode the follow Thursday! And its been WONDERFUL to me!

And Toddler, PLEASE dont tell him about the subs thing.... Thats how we lose dub fans! We have to keep the support going, if we want to keep getting more...
I can't keep waiting 3 months for 12 episodes, I just can't. :/ I'm still not sure if watching the subs outweighs waiting for the dubs. Maybe if it was 20 episodes every 3 months, but 12??? It would one thing if they were on the new adult swim or something , I could wait week after week to watch them on there. But I have no restraints when they are released online nad I finish the 12 episodes the same day they come out, only to have to wait 3 months for the next 4 hours of the series. Man, this sucks.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
Toddler Naruto
Chunin

Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
@ Toddler Naruto, PLEASE don't tell him about the subs thing...

(That's how we lose dub fans! We have to keep the support going, if we want to keep getting more...)
Sorry about that Robbie xD.

Quote:
Hmmm, Well Ill give it 2-3 episodes of the sub but I doubt I'll be able to stick with it. I grew up with the dub voices and after watching a subbed episode it just didn't feel the same.

EDIT: I couldn't do it. I spent more time looking at the subtitles than I did watching the actual show. It sucks and I would easily donate (as a lot of other people would) to get the dubs out faster. Waiting so long for so little hurts after a while.
Same here my friend, I grew up watching Naruto dubbed on Cartoon Network, then I switched to the DVDs and iTunes for the Naruto Shippuden Dubs.

(Disney XD sucks monkey butt :P)

Quote:
I can't keep waiting 3 months for 12 episodes, I just can't. :/ I'm still not sure if watching the subs outweighs waiting for the dubs. Maybe if it was 20 episodes every 3 months, but 12??? It would one thing if they were on the new adult swim or something , I could wait week after week to watch them on there. But I have no restraints when they are released online nad I finish the 12 episodes the same day they come out, only to have to wait 3 months for the next 4 hours of the series. Man, this sucks.
You could always try to watch only one new episode every week, that is what RobbieMar1 does.

I'm too impatient for that though, I always watch the new batch of episodes in a day or two, lol.

|
Old 08-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
I have no restraints when they are released online nad I finish the 12 episodes the same day they come out, only to have to wait 3 months for the next 4 hours of the series. Man, this sucks.
And thats your problem! Dont watch them all in one day! watch them weekly! 2 a week isnt bad, but youd be waiting a bit longer, as opposed to watching just 1 a week. But try it, trust me, youll live. lol Ive been able to do it for so long, and im sure im one of the beggest Naruto fans around! And im doing just fine! lol its not that bad, man.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #13
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

And Thanks Toddler, for your good feedback and responses!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:58 AM   #14
Preemptive Strike
Apprentice Genin

Preemptive Strike saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I used to go through episode batches in a day...but now Im only on episode 138!!

If anything...start over. Watch an arc one day per week from the beginning. And
then bring the number of episodes down as time progresses. As long as you
get used to just watching once a week it gets easier.

Or if you get antsy..throw one of the movies into the mix

Nowadays...I rewatch the previous episode from the prior week and the next new
episode. So I watch 2 episodes every thursday.
Preemptive Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #15
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

That's just how it works. They release about a dozen episodes every few months. It's just how the market works. I'm sure a lot more goes into releasing the DVDs that the normal anime fan is aware of, and I only know a small bit from reading articles. It's a complicated system.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #16
Toddler Naruto
Chunin

Quote:
And Thanks Toddler, for your good feedback and responses!
No problemos :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive Strike View Post
I used to go through episode batches in a day...but now I'm only on episode 138!!

If anything...start over. Watch an arc one day per week from the beginning. And then bring the number of episodes down as time progresses. As long as you get used to just watching once a week it gets easier.

Or if you get antsy...throw one of the movies into the mix.

Nowadays...I rewatch the previous episode from the prior week and the next new episode. So I watch 2 episodes every thursday.
You could also watch other anime shows while you are waiting, or start watching cartoons etc lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
That's just how it works. They release about a dozen episodes every few months. It's just how the market works. I'm sure a lot more goes into releasing the DVDs that the normal anime fan is aware of, and I only know a small bit from reading articles. It's a complicated system.
Yeah, I'm sure they must have very good reasons for why they release so little every 2-3 months.

|
Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #17
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

I usually rush through the DVD box sets, probably completing one disc a night (I skip the credits and opening). When I've gotten to the latest episode in the box sets that I have, I stop watching for a while, then go back from the beginning and watch again.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive Strike View Post
I used to go through episode batches in a day...but now Im only on episode 138!!

If anything...start over. Watch an arc one day per week from the beginning. And
then bring the number of episodes down as time progresses. As long as you
get used to just watching once a week it gets easier.

Or if you get antsy..throw one of the movies into the mix

Nowadays...I rewatch the previous episode from the prior week and the next new
episode. So I watch 2 episodes every thursday.
Youre an awesome guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
Yep, anime costs a lot to produce and distribute! Plus it takes time! Its actually harder for VAs to VO anime series, than it is for them to vo cartoons! Very hard, from what ive learned.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #19
jurrasenshuriken
Chunin Exam Participant

jurrasenshuriken has completed a tough C-rank mission!jurrasenshuriken has completed a tough C-rank mission!jurrasenshuriken has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Iv heard that they usually have 2 box sets ready in advance, its just the anticipation factor. If they release everything they have at once it would take forever for them to release the next batch.
Thats wut keeps us wanting more, the excruciatingly long wait lol

Posted from Naruto.viz.com App for Android
jurrasenshuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #20
rootfakE
Freshmen Academy Student

rootfakE is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hmm interesting..
rootfakE is offline   Reply With Quote