Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Made Me Cry. A Lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
Sorry, did I spoil it for you?
No, I said i've seen it in an earlier post, didn't I? I just wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone else. I feel Air is the least known Key anime, so lots of people are only going back to watch it now, so i'd hate to see it spoiled for those people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
Angel Beats is awesome! It's my favorite series of all time. It's really great.

As for other sad anime, AnoHana definitely comes to mind. I can't watch the last scene of the that series without bawling. And there are a lot of other sad parts in it too.
Angel Beats blew me away. I didn't expect it to be that good.
What's the plot of AnoHana?

Quote:
Black King...watch Clannad, Kanon 2006, and Air TV. It's made by the same people that made Angel Beats. I enjoyed every single one of them however I would have to say Clannad is a true masterpiece. Watch Clannad and then Clannad after story. I don't think the first Clannad season is on Netflix though

Watch Elfen Lied at your own risk.
What's Clannad about?
The friend I mentioned, Jesus, has seen Kanon. He said it's really good, and I think I caught a glimps of it when I joined his session in Netflix a long time ago. It looked pretty good.
What's wrong with Elfen Lied?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari-chan View Post
0.0 I thought it was like, a comedy.
It's really funny, but it also has really serious and depressing moments. It switch from hilarious to depressing really quickly.
Ohh, yeah. One minute it's rainbows and laughter, and the next your getting a background story about three little kids that got slaughtered by robbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
You're friends with Jesus? xP
Yes. Jesus is my best friend and he loves me. xD He's hispanic, obviously.

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #23
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Yeah Kanon is really good. Some other good ones would include Myself; Yourself though the ending was a little rushed, it could've been much more. School days, Kimi ni Todoke, Fruits Basket, Ouran high school host club.

All I know is that Ive seen a segment of Elfen Lied...I don't think I'll be watching that anime. I feel as if I'll get traumatized from watching it.

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #24
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black King View Post
Angel Beats blew me away. I didn't expect it to be that good.
What's the plot of AnoHana?
Quote:
A group of childhood friends drifts apart after one of them, Meiko "Menma" Honma, dies in an accident. Years later, the leader of the group, Jinta Yadomi, has become withdrawn and lives as a recluse. An older Meiko appears to him, and says that she must have a wish granted, though she does not know what it is.
AnoHana can be a little overly dramatic at times, but most of the time, it's all handled really well. It also has a swing between funny and sad, but a lot of it is more sad than anything. I can think of the ending of 3 different episodes where I was really tearing up. And the ED song is just so great with the series.

It's probably one of the most relateable animes i've seen too. Since I had a close group of friends when I was younger, but we all drifted apart over the years. Not because someone died, but watching AnoHana actually brought up memories from my childhood I had forgotten about.

Quote:
What's Clannad about?
The friend I mentioned, Jesus, has seen Kanon. He said it's really good, and I think I caught a glimps of it when I joined his session in Netflix a long time ago. It looked pretty good.
What's wrong with Elfen Lied?

You didn't directly ask me, and I haven't seen it, but I know it's really bloody and gory.

Quote:
Ohh, yeah. One minute it's rainbows and laughter, and the next your getting a background story about three little kids that got slaughtered by robbers.
Yeah, that part was really messed up.

Spoiler:
But at the end of episode 12, after Yuri destroys all the computers, and then sees her siblings again was an amazing scene.

Last edited by Hidden Ninja45; 08-03-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #25
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

But Clannad was so good. Truly a masterpiece

Old 08-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Never seen it. Can't help but feel it might be over-hyped.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #27
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Elfen Lied, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
/thread

Look at how patrician I am!

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

deadtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #28
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtaka View Post
Elfen Lied, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
/thread
Madoka? Really? I guess I didn't get too emotional attached to the series beyond thinking "holy crap this series is epic." The only time I felt sadness in this series was when...
Spoiler:
....Madoka pretty much became a god and finally found out all Homura had done for her in all the other timelines. Their whole last scene tonight before Madoka had to leave and everyone forgot about her was pretty sad.

And I guess all of episode 10 was pretty sad. Homura became my favorite character after that episode.

I didn't really like Sayaka or Kyoko all that much, so those 2 dying didn't have a huge impact on me. But I did like Kyoko after her sacrifice though.

PMMM is definitely awesome, highly recommend it, but it's not super sad or anything. It's just epic.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #29
Hikari-chan
Special Jonin Candidate

Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.
Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
It's really funny, but it also has really serious and depressing moments. It switch from hilarious to depressing really quickly.
I guess, there was only one episode which made me feel a little gloomy which was the one when the girl had to find the Jar in 15 minutes or her family would die. But I just can't seem to get upset in anime's most of the time. >.<

~ X O X O H I K A R I O X O X ~
Luna, Pink Hikari and Kiseki are the sexy-quad force!
Kani & Hikari are cupcake junkies!
✿✿✿✿✿✿
Hikari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #30
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:

Yes. Jesus is my best friend and he loves me. xD He's hispanic, obviously.
Really? I thought he was Jewish, xP
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #31
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Quote:
Madoka? Really? I guess I didn't get too emotional attached to the series beyond thinking "holy crap this series is epic." The only time I felt sadness in this series was when...
Spoiler:
....Madoka pretty much became a god and finally found out all Homura had done for her in all the other timelines. Their whole last scene tonight before Madoka had to leave and everyone forgot about her was pretty sad.

And I guess all of episode 10 was pretty sad. Homura became my favorite character after that episode.

I didn't really like Sayaka or Kyoko all that much, so those 2 dying didn't have a huge impact on me. But I did like Kyoko after her sacrifice though.

PMMM is definitely awesome, highly recommend it, but it's not super sad or anything. It's just epic.
It was sad to me, because Sayaka.

Look at how patrician I am!

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

deadtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #32
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yeah Kanon is really good. Some other good ones would include Myself; Yourself though the ending was a little rushed, it could've been much more. School days, Kimi ni Todoke, Fruits Basket, Ouran high school host club.

All I know is that Ive seen a segment of Elfen Lied...I don't think I'll be watching that anime. I feel as if I'll get traumatized from watching it.
I've seen Ouran High, it was pretty funny. I like that song that the voice actors of the Hitachiin twins made. Bokura no Love Style, I think?
Elfen Lied sounds like my kind of show. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
Really? I thought he was Jewish, xP
My best guy friend is a Jewish Mexican? xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari-chan View Post
I guess, there was only one episode which made me feel a little gloomy which was the one when the girl had to find the Jar in 15 minutes or her family would die. But I just can't seem to get upset in anime's most of the time. >.<
I don't know if you plan in watching the rest but...
Spoiler:
The one I thought was saddest was the girl who got a wine bottle smashed over her head by her dad while her parents were fighting. She had a stroke and lost the ability to talk. Music was her escape from the domestic violence, and she couldn't sing anymore.
The part with Yui and Hinata was a heartbreaker too.
Quote:
I heard that Clannad is really girly? I don't know much about it.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #33
Vex
Special Jonin Candidate

Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

OP convinced me to watch this, well done. Although I'm gonna have to find time alone to watch it just in case I'm in the middle of crying and someone comes over.
I hate it when that happens.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #34
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

Clannad isn't girly, trust me. And Clannad is definitely not over-hyped. It had a mix of everything in it. It made me tear up. It takes a lot to make me tear up.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #35
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
OP convinced me to watch this, well done. Although I'm gonna have to find time alone to watch it just in case I'm in the middle of crying and someone comes over.
I hate it when that happens.
Haha, that was my goal. =) Let me know what you think of it. Beginning is where most of the humor is, so it shouldn't be too bad when you start.
Like Hidden Ninja said, it gets depressing fast.

Quote:
Clannad isn't girly, trust me. And Clannad is definitely not over-hyped. It had a mix of everything in it. It made me tear up. It takes a lot to make me tear up.

What's the plot?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #36
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
What's the plot?
Since you keep asking that, and no one seems to what to tell you, i'll just copy/paste the synopsis of the series from MAL.

Quote:
Okazaki Tomoya is a delinquent who finds life dull and believes he'll never amount to anything. Along with his friend Sunohara, he skips school and plans to waste his high school days away.

One day while walking to school, Tomoya passes a young girl muttering quietly to herself. Without warning she exclaims "Anpan!" (a popular Japanese food) which catches Tomoya's attention. He soon discovers the girl's name is Furukawa Nagisa and that she exclaims things she likes in order to motivate herself. Nagisa claims they are now friends, but Tomoya walks away passing the encounter off as nothing.

However, Tomoya finds he is noticing Nagisa more and more around school. Eventually he concedes and befriends her. Tomoya learns Nagisa has been held back a year due to a severe illness and that her dream is to revive the school's drama club. Claiming he has nothing better to do, he decides to help her achieve this goal along with the help of four other girls.

As Tomoya spends more time with the girls, he learns more about them and their problems. As he attempts to help each girl overcome her respective obstacle, he begins to realise life isn't as dull as he once thought.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #37
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Haha! I guess I shoulda just looked it up myself, huh? xD
Sorry. And thank you.

It sounds low in the action department...

Old 08-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #38
Phoenos
Ninja Academy Student

Phoenos is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Angel Beats is one of my favorite anime, didn't make me tear up, but it did make me kinda sad. And Clannad... it's an amazing anime, actually did make me cry a bit :/ but if you watch Clannad, watch both "Clannad" and "Clannad: After story" ooh, the electrician guy xD
and yeah, it is kinda low in the action department
Phoenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #39
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Haha! I guess I shoulda just looked it up myself, huh? xD
Sorry. And thank you.

It sounds low in the action department...
No problem. I'm glad to help. I was noticing how no one was mentioning what the plot was.

I haven't seen Clannad or Clannad: After Story (I really want to watch them though), but i'm pretty sure it's going to be low on action. Angel Beats is the only series that has real, extended action in it out of the Key anime. (But there are plenty of anime out there that are great, but don't have a lot of action in them)
"Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, School, Slice of Life, Supernatural" are the genres for Clannad.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #40
Phoenos
Ninja Academy Student

Phoenos is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
No problem. I'm glad to help. I was noticing how no one was mentioning what the plot was.

I haven't seen Clannad or Clannad: After Story (I really want to watch them though), but i'm pretty sure it's going to be low on action. Angel Beats is the only series that has real, extended action in it out of the Key anime. (But there are plenty of anime out there that are great, but don't have a lot of action in them)
"Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, School, Slice of Life, Supernatural" are the genres for Clannad.
Clannad and Clannad: After Story ARE low on action, but they're still pretty amazing, especially some of the characters xD
Spoiler:
Example: Electrician guy xD,
Phoenos is offline   Reply With Quote