Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Made Me Cry. A Lot.

So my friend, Jesus, was bored and told me to get on Netflix with him. We watched the whole Angel Beats series till 5 in the morning last night, and I can say that it was the saddest anime I've ever watched. I've only cried like twice over Naruto, which is a super long series, but Angel Beats....it's 13 episodes and I cried on every single one. It either made me laugh so hard I cried, or it was so freaking sad that I couldn't keep from bawling like a baby.

So have you ever seen Angel Beats?
If so, favorite character, scene, fight, obliteration, episode?
If not, WATCH IT. Don't let the name fool you, it's not a wussy girl show. It's animated extremely well, IMO.

Also, I'm gonna start Darker than Black and Elfen Lied soon. Anyone see them, are they good? Lemme know!

And if you feel like it, what're some shows that have made you cry? Those shows are the best ones, and I need the suggestions.
/overly long thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Made Me Cry. A Lot.

Dunno why, but anime could never make me cry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
Dunno why, but anime could never make me cry.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Angel Beats can't be put into words. It's just something you gotta see to understand.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Yeah, I cried through the whole Angel beats too. :/ And Clannad. Some sad anime, I don't think anyone who has a soul didn't cry during Angel Beats.

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko-kun View Post
Yeah, I cried through the whole Angel beats too. :/ And Clannad. Some sad anime, I don't think anyone who has a soul didn't cry during Angel Beats.
The end....oh my god. Kanade was so sad. And agreed. Your soulless if you don't cry over Angel Beats. xD

I might try Clannad.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
jenny
Special Jonin Candidate

jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

/is apparently soulless then
e-e
Breath out..

All these masks we wore
We never knew what we had in store..

Breath in,
Breathe out..
Breath in,
Breathe out..

The storm is rolling in,
The thunders loud,
it hurts my ears..

I'm paying for my sins,
And it's gonna rain for years and years..

jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny View Post
/is apparently soulless then
e-e
Hahaha! You can be an exception. xD
Let me rephrase it: your soulless if you didn't think it was super sad.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Raiden just might be Kage someday.
Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Really? lol I hate that anime, I've only cried over snakes fate at the end of MGS4, when I thought
Spoiler:
Batman saved everyone by nuking him self to save everyone
made me tear, the only anime that ever made me cry was Android Kikaider

What you lookin at? You all a bunch of bleep. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your bleep fingers and say, "That's the bad guy" So what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

^ Well you are a boy. xD

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Raiden just might be Kage someday.
Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

The ending to Kikaider was F'ed up

What you lookin at? You all a bunch of bleep. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your bleep fingers and say, "That's the bad guy" So what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
jenny
Special Jonin Candidate

jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.jenny has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black King View Post

Hahaha! You can be an exception. xD
Let me rephrase it: your soulless if you didn't think it was super sad.
it was sad.
Breath out..

All these masks we wore
We never knew what we had in store..

Breath in,
Breathe out..
Breath in,
Breathe out..

The storm is rolling in,
The thunders loud,
it hurts my ears..

I'm paying for my sins,
And it's gonna rain for years and years..

jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Angel Beats is awesome! It's my favorite series of all time. It's really great.

As for other sad anime, AnoHana definitely comes to mind. I can't watch the last scene of the that series without bawling. And there are a lot of other sad parts in it too.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Black King...watch Clannad, Kanon 2006, and Air TV. It's made by the same people that made Angel Beats. I enjoyed every single one of them however I would have to say Clannad is a true masterpiece. Watch Clannad and then Clannad after story. I don't think the first Clannad season is on Netflix though

Watch Elfen Lied at your own risk.

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
Black King...watch Clannad, Kanon 2006, and Air TV. It's made by the same people that made Angel Beats. I enjoyed every single one of them however I would have to say Clannad is a true masterpiece. Watch Clannad and then Clannad after story. I don't think the first Clannad season is on Netflix though

Watch Elfen Lied at your own risk.
I own Air and Kanon (2006).

Air was a disappointment. Well, the last 3 episodes were anyway. I was so confused and didn't really get why things were happening. Actually the Air movie was a much better ending to the series.

Kanon was great though. Very amazing. I think Air needed to be longer, like Kanon is. Kanon was 24 episodes of win. I would highly recommend Kanon. It had it's hilarious moments, but the last arc is really great, emotional series of episodes.

Though Angel Beats was a lot different than all other series mentioned above. Probably since it wasn't based off a visual novel, so it didn't have that "visual novel anime" format.

Also, coming up this Fall season will be Little Busters, which is the next series from Key. The plot sounds similar to AnoHana, but it still should be good anyway.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #15
Hikari-chan
Special Jonin Candidate

Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.
Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.Hikari-chan just might be Kage someday.

0.0 I thought it was like, a comedy.

~ X O X O H I K A R I O X O X ~
Luna, Pink Hikari and Kiseki are the sexy-quad force!
Kani & Hikari are cupcake junkies!
✿✿✿✿✿✿
Hikari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #16
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari-chan View Post
0.0 I thought it was like, a comedy.
It's really funny, but it also has really serious and depressing moments. It switch from hilarious to depressing really quickly.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #17
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
I own Air and Kanon (2006).

Air was a disappointment. Well, the last 3 episodes were anyway. I was so confused and didn't really get why things were happening. Actually the Air movie was a much better ending to the series.

Kanon was great though. Very amazing. I think Air needed to be longer, like Kanon is. Kanon was 24 episodes of win. I would highly recommend Kanon. It had it's hilarious moments, but the last arc is really great, emotional series of episodes.

Though Angel Beats was a lot different than all other series mentioned above. Probably since it wasn't based off a visual novel, so it didn't have that "visual novel anime" format.

Also, coming up this Fall season will be Little Busters, which is the next series from Key. The plot sounds similar to AnoHana, but it still should be good anyway.
Yeah Air was a little confusing at the end. When I took from it was

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!! (won't let me wrap tags around it)
Spoiler:

he placed his spirit into the doll like how his mother had done when he was a child. Through this, Yukito was reincarnated as Sora, somehow... Perhaps because his will to find and help Misuzu was so strong. Also, because Yukito in his human form was simply not good enough, he was unable help Misuzu, but as Sora he could finally look at her in an entirely alternate perspective through speculation. Misuzu finally achieved her "goal" and died, but unlike her tragic predecessors, her life ended with good memories - memories with Yukito and especially with her mother, who was a great driving force for her as well.

The curse has not been ended yet. Misuzu's memories were left with Sora, who had to soar beyond the point any human can reach by themselves, the sky, and bring those memories to "she who is waiting in the air," the girl with wings. I believe at this point, the curse finally has been lifted, and the winged girl's pain finally ends

Last edited by MinatoXNaruto; 11-28-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah Air was a little confusing at the end. When I took from it was he placed his spirit into the doll like how his mother had done when he was a child. Through this, Yukito was reincarnated as Sora, somehow... Perhaps because his will to find and help Misuzu was so strong. Also, because Yukito in his human form was simply not good enough, he was unable help Misuzu, but as Sora he could finally look at her in an entirely alternate perspective through speculation. Misuzu finally achieved her "goal" and died, but unlike her tragic predecessors, her life ended with good memories - memories with Yukito and especially with her mother, who was a great driving force for her as well.

The curse has not been ended yet. Misuzu's memories were left with Sora, who had to soar beyond the point any human can reach by themselves, the sky, and bring those memories to "she who is waiting in the air," the girl with wings. I believe at this point, the curse finally has been lifted, and the winged girl's pain finally ends
You might want to put that in spoiler tags dude. Since, you know, that's the very last episodes of the series.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

You're friends with Jesus? xP
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #20
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
You might want to put that in spoiler tags dude. Since, you know, that's the very last episodes of the series.
Sorry, did I spoil it for you?