Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

View Poll Results: What do you think of the sub bars?
Love them 9 36.00%
Hate them 6 24.00%
They're ok 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Ablaze15
Genin Elite

Ablaze15 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Ablaze15 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Sub Bars

What do you think of the sub bars in Generations? I personally think we'd be better off with just the combo cancel system, the sub bars are easily abbused in Generations.

Mains for Storm 3:
Anko
Orochimaru
Regular Kabuto
Bijju mode naruto
EMS Sasuke
Ablaze15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Sub Bars

I like them imo. I find them much better than Storm 2's twitch mashing sub mechanics, and while the sub bar isn't perfect there are still more room for tweaking involved.

(Currently playing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations)
Psn ID: Fullmatrix09 - ADD ME AND FIGHT.

HachibiXSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Ablaze15
Genin Elite

Ablaze15 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Ablaze15 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachibiXSenpai View Post
I like them imo. I find them much better than Storm 2's twitch mashing sub mechanics, and while the sub bar isn't perfect there are still more room for tweaking involved.
Yes, but now we have stupid things like:
Subbing AFTER taking the damage, why would you want to do that?
If I recall correctly you got generations recently, so your opinion might be different than after you play for longer, if your opinion changes plz let me know.

Mains for Storm 3:
Anko
Orochimaru
Regular Kabuto
Bijju mode naruto
EMS Sasuke

Last edited by Ablaze15; 07-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

It's been like that since Storm 1.....where you substitute after taking a hit or two, even before getting hit if timed right. In this case subbing is more easier to pull off which helps you get rid away from UJ+knockbacks and UJ team rushes. Unless your referring to something else?

I've had it since Tuesday and have faced a couple spammers and one Rage quitter before, i'm sure i'll stick to my notion for a bit. I'm aware that it has flaws like some players running away after using up the sub bar (which is technically suppost to be a punishment towards players who do so). Along with some jutsus that force you to use up more than 2 bars, as well as subbing in front of the opponent instead of behind in some occasions of jutsus like Hidan's for example. I might post more issues if i see it but for now i think i've shared enough in my own experiences.

Tweaking can be necessarily for the sub bar, as well as to compensate in nerfing some jutsus that are abused. but overall, i see it as a first step to CC2 fixing online.

(Currently playing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations)
Psn ID: Fullmatrix09 - ADD ME AND FIGHT.

HachibiXSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

@Ablaze you can sub before you take damage. If you sub AFTER you took the damage tht just means you suck at subbing.

There is a period of time before and after the attack where you can sub.

If you can't sub whenever you want then sub+ougi comes back.
Honestly this game is 10x better than Storm 2 gameplay wise. Its still broken in many ways however.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Basically it's like Clash of Ninja where you must use your subs wisely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Sub Bars-----LOVE EM

They make the game more interesting and you actually have to think NO MORE RANDOM FIGHTING
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Ablaze15
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
Sub Bars-----LOVE EM

They make the game more interesting and you actually have to think NO MORE RANDOM FIGHTING
I disagree big time, the sub bars promote rushing and just try to take out your opponent's subs as fast as you can, people use characters like onoki which you have to sub like 3 times to avoid the attack, the sub bars actually make you not think and just rush in, this is even more of a button masher than Storm 2. The sub bars were a stupid addition in my opinion and I feel like instead of taking the easy route CC2 should actually focus on fixing spam and not just give us a means to fight against it.

Mains for Storm 3:
Anko
Orochimaru
Regular Kabuto
Bijju mode naruto
EMS Sasuke
Old 08-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

If there were more than 4, then i'd be ok with it. 4 just isn't enough. I wish there was 5. Hopefully they will increase the number in Storm 3.

Hidden Ninja45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #10
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

They're okay.
The thing is, they're only bad if you like to spam them. They're good because you can't spam them.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
Ablaze15
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
They're okay.
The thing is, they're only bad if you like to spam them. They're good because you can't spam them.
Yes but for example, when I lost against someone who was playing cheap in Storm 2, I raged on the PLAYER, when I lose against someone playing cheap in Generations I rage at the GAME, I just feel it's the game that it's screwing me over, Jutsus like Pain's shinra tensei still hit you if you sub, and if you have attack support it puts you in front of the person when you sub so you just waste a sub cause they keep hitting you.

Mains for Storm 3:
Anko
Orochimaru
Regular Kabuto
Bijju mode naruto
EMS Sasuke
Old 08-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
shadow-of-kabuto
Chunin Exam Participant

shadow-of-kabuto has completed a tough C-rank mission!shadow-of-kabuto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablaze15 View Post
Yes but for example, when I lost against someone who was playing cheap in Storm 2, I raged on the PLAYER, when I lose against someone playing cheap in Generations I rage at the GAME, I just feel it's the game that it's screwing me over, Jutsus like Pain's shinra tensei still hit you if you sub, and if you have attack support it puts you in front of the person when you sub so you just waste a sub cause they keep hitting you.
Personally, I'd take anything over twitch subbing from Storm 2. Storm 2 online was the most annoying BS I've ever seen. Twitch guard + Ultimate attack + flee and chakra charge + repeat = terrible spam tactics. And the rush tactics were intended. They said when they cut the Ultimates that the reason they did so mainly was so they'd better flow with the match, to promote quicker matches. As far as I see, the sub bars also aide in this effort to make matches faster.

Storm 3 Mains:
Yugito
Kabuto
Darui
shadow-of-kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
Ablaze15
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-of-kabuto View Post
Personally, I'd take anything over twitch subbing from Storm 2. Storm 2 online was the most annoying BS I've ever seen. Twitch guard + Ultimate attack + flee and chakra charge + repeat = terrible spam tactics. And the rush tactics were intended. They said when they cut the Ultimates that the reason they did so mainly was so they'd better flow with the match, to promote quicker matches. As far as I see, the sub bars also aide in this effort to make matches faster.
Everyone is entitled to their own oppinion, I, myself however would rather take Storm 2 over this PoS game that's called Generations, I can't even have a friendly match without this game's BS screwing me over.

Mains for Storm 3:
Anko
Orochimaru
Regular Kabuto
Bijju mode naruto
EMS Sasuke
Old 08-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

^Storm 2 was better if you wanted a story.

If you want a somewhat playable online mode then generations is the way to go. None of that sub+Ougi, R2 mashing BS. -_-

Combos were essentially useless unless you used a character that was extremely hard to sub out of, which is also BS. i.e Jiraiya,Jugo,Pain... KABUTO. Oh god Kabuto.

Awakenings were also much harder to deal with. Nearly everyone I know agrees that Generations, while extremely crappy, is 100x better than Storm 2's gameplay

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 08-01-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #15
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I have never played storm 2 but i like the sub bars in generations. It makes combos viable.
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #16
Ablaze15
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora View Post
^Storm 2 was better if you wanted a story.

If you want a somewhat playable online mode then generations is the way to go. None of that sub+Ougi, R2 mashing BS. -_-

Combos were essentially useless unless you used a character that was extremely hard to sub out of, which is also BS. i.e Jiraiya,Jugo,Pain... KABUTO. Oh god Kabuto.

Awakenings were also much harder to deal with. Nearly everyone I know agrees that Generations, while extremely crappy, is 100x better than Storm 2's gameplay
LoL I know for a FACT that me and a lot of other players I know were much better in Storm 2 and liked it better too. I'm telling you that if generations was storm 2 with everything they added except for the sub bars, this game would be great.

Mains for Storm 3:
Anko
Orochimaru
Regular Kabuto
Bijju mode naruto
EMS Sasuke
Old 08-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Yes, but now we have stupid things like:
Subbing AFTER taking the damage, why would you want to do that?
If I recall correctly you got generations recently, so your opinion might be different than after you play for longer, if your opinion changes plz let me know.
unless you like randomlly fighting than the sub bars are bad

But sub bars put tactic into the game

some spam but when u fight cool ppl it is fun
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #18
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

Quote:
LoL I know for a FACT that me and a lot of other players I know were much better in Storm 2 and liked it better too. I'm telling you that if generations was storm 2 with everything they added except for the sub bars, this game would be great.
The skill requirement for Storm 2 is so insignificant. Even my friend who never played the game before could beat me by using cheap BS tactics. (Sub+Ougi/Sub+TUJ/Awakening)

You still don't get the point. Even if it was Storm Gen without sub bars, it would still be crap.

At least in Generations you can play any way you want. In Storm 2 combos were impossible because of kids like me with quick fingers or cheap-asses with turbo controllers.

Storm Gen was so much more enjoyable to me because I felt I could get competitive/creative with it. You can actually use combos, which were always my favorite part of every naruto game. Storm 2 online consisted of one style of play... Jump guard Turtling,punishing,spamming shuriken, etc.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 08-02-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
Ablaze15
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora View Post
The skill requirement for Storm 2 is so insignificant. Even my friend who never played the game before could beat me by using cheap BS tactics. (Sub+Ougi/Sub+TUJ/Awakening)

You still don't get the point. Even if it was Storm Gen without sub bars, it would still be crap.

At least in Generations you can play any way you want. In Storm 2 combos were impossible because of kids like me with quick fingers or cheap-asses with turbo controllers.
Lol I still can't see how you think generations is better, now sub UJ's and J's and grabs happen a lot more frequently because you KNOW when you're going to sub, so they happen twice more often. Spam happens more often too

Mains for Storm 3:
Anko
Orochimaru
Regular Kabuto
Bijju mode naruto
EMS Sasuke
Old 08-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
Hassu94
Apprentice Genin

Hassu94 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i have no opinion about this because i wouldnt know what they could add to substitute the substitution bars, so i guess they're ok

my list of CHARACTERS for STORM 3

R A I N B O W
C H A K R A

Hassu94 is offline   Reply With Quote