Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 05-25-2012, 04:39 AM   #181
Tobi Obito Uhiha
Freshmen Academy Student

Tobi Obito Uhiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Talking Re: TOBI (man behind the mask) is Obito Uchiha

[QUOTE=Tobi Obito Uhiha;6045991]Hmm...I think Tobi is Obito cuz if you Edit the name 'OBITO' by cutting the first letter 'O' and after that if you turn the name backward it would be 'TOBI'!!!!
But There are other reasons why i think Tobi is obito but I m still in confusion.
I'll try to search the net in order to find the answer so be patient guys...

[Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse.]
- Tobi
Tobi Obito Uhiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #182
TheSuperPirateNinja
Freshmen Academy Student

TheSuperPirateNinja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: TOBI (man behind the mask) is Obito Uchiha

What if and Im just saying what if. What if zsetu switch bodies with Obito when kakashi and rin wasn't looking when he was crush he stayed in that form until he could escape I mean boulders can't kill zsetu just look what he did with kisame tricked the hell out of radiate and killer bee I'm pretty sure zsetu can trick a couple of kids right well that's one my theories I'll post more later
TheSuperPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #183
U.madara
Freshmen Academy Student

U.madara is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

all of the answer's depend on the body that kabuto showed to madara the body must be so scarefull for madara because he was shocked. i think the winning card is that body that kabuto holds because he wants to exchange it with sasuke so it has to be important. would somebody explain how can madara know about the truth about itach if he is tobi? and how can madara hold the first hokage's body if he is tobi?
and as i know madara is the creater of white zetsu but I donot know anything about the black one? could somebody explain please.
U.madara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #184
TheOwneROfShaRingaN
Freshmen Academy Student

TheOwneROfShaRingaN is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think its possible that Obito to be Tobi, but... I think that the body of Tobi is Obito's body. And the soul in this body is Madara's soul. Dont you think this is possible?
TheOwneROfShaRingaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #185
medlnic15
Chunin Exam Proctor

medlnic15 has completed a tough C-rank mission!medlnic15 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via MSN to medlnic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwneROfShaRingaN View Post
I think its possible that Obito to be Tobi, but... I think that the body of Tobi is Obito's body. And the soul in this body is Madara's soul. Dont you think this is possible?
Yea, though I don't see why he would want his body.
:::::::::::::::
':::::::::::::'
':::::::::'
':::::'
':'
medlnic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #186
Naruto The Orange Hokage
Freshmen Academy Student

Naruto The Orange Hokage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think maybe the tobi that the 4th fought might of been danzo. because he had shisui eye he could control the kyuubi.
Naruto The Orange Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #187
kinmanmar123
Freshmen Academy Student

kinmanmar123 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i have many explanations why it CANT be obito.
1.when tobi fought minato he used phasing jutsu.now obito has been "dead" for about a year or so.how could he have learend phasing jutsu in that time period?
2.all though the characters grow quickly, it took a 2 year(YEAR mind you) time skip for naruto to grow about a foot and a half maybe two feet.
3.ive also done a fair amount of research. i have mainly looked at narutopedia and leafninja.but ive also been reading the comic and so far they've not given us many hints of tobis identity. so how's about we just wait until kishimoto decides to tell us who he is.
kinmanmar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #188
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Simple reason why Tobi can't be Obito:
Tobi gave Nagato the Rinnegan.

Quote:
Yea, though I don't see why he would want his body.
I can only see the reason that Obito was praised as a Hero for his actions in Gaiden.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #189
z0rdic2
Freshmen Academy Student

z0rdic2 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I am new in here, and I found this thread about who is Tobi is. I used to post thread in some web site about Naruto, but that site was dead already.

Here is my opinion about who Tobi is, but first I wanna let you all know that the following text is a copy paste from my old post to the other site and I edited it. I did the copy paste, so that I can save time on typing.

First of all Obito is not Tobi because the fight between him and the 4th doesn't make sense. I also said this on the other site

The latest episode of Naruto anime supports my theory that the guy behind the mask was no other than Uchija Fugako. Why, well in this episode the story is about kushina giving birth to Naruto, and about the mask guy. The labor is supposed to be a secret, but think about this; how did the mask guy knew that kushina was going to gave birth to Naruto in that day? Well, it's easy! First, it is not the mask guy who found out the secret, it's his wife, no other than Mikoto Uchija. Let me ask you this, who is the last person that Kushina talk with, before she and 3rd hokage's wife left the village? Is it that person was Mikoto Uchiha, carrying Sasuke, right! I believe, that in their conversation Mikoto found out the secret. It is also suspicious that in their conversation the hokage's wife cut off their conversation, so probably Mikoto wondered why did 3rd Hokage's wife did that. So making Fugako as Tobi makes more sense than Obito, Izuna, and 3rd Hokage's team mate, I forgot his name. I believed Fugako was a strong shinobi, the Naruto wiki said this also.

Also, it is still a mystery, why the Uchija clan is not present on the night when the Kyubi attacks the village, except for Itachi and Sasuke.
Maybe you think, it's not mystery anymore; Tobi told the Clan to hide, so that they can't interfere, but remember Tobi hates the Uchiha, that is what he said to Itachi. If he really is not Fugako, why in the first place Uchiha clan will listen to him if they knew that he is a treat to the clan.

I want to add this, but this is kinda impossible to happen but who cares anyways. Do you think it is possible that the Uchiha clan still alive, I mean yeah Itachi killed them, but is it really the real Uchihas' that he killed or just a bunch of white Zetsus. I'm questioning also why Kabuto not summuned any Uchiha except for, Madara. It would be a big advantage if he summoned a characters that is Sharingan user. Is it because he can't do it because only the dead once he can revived.

There is some glitched of my Tobi=Fugako theory though; when Tobi showed Susuke his face why did he did not recognized him if he is really is his father. Maybe he changed his appearance, transformation techniques can do that.
z0rdic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #190
dorito
Freshmen Academy Student

dorito is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Smile Re: TOBI (man behind the mask) is Obito Uchiha

hello im a naruto fan and i have done my homework in this big mysteri and i came with the conclusion that tobi is none other than Shisui Uchiha best friend of itachi look for pictures of him and then look at the picture of tobi when he fight against Konan... let me know what you guys think...
dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #191
EnigmaNinja
Genin

EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rdic2 View Post
I am new in here, and I found this thread about who is Tobi is. I used to post thread in some web site about Naruto, but that site was dead already.

Here is my opinion about who Tobi is, but first I wanna let you all know that the following text is a copy paste from my old post to the other site and I edited it. I did the copy paste, so that I can save time on typing.

First of all Obito is not Tobi because the fight between him and the 4th doesn't make sense. I also said this on the other site

The latest episode of Naruto anime supports my theory that the guy behind the mask was no other than Uchija Fugako. Why, well in this episode the story is about kushina giving birth to Naruto, and about the mask guy. The labor is supposed to be a secret, but think about this; how did the mask guy knew that kushina was going to gave birth to Naruto in that day? Well, it's easy! First, it is not the mask guy who found out the secret, it's his wife, no other than Mikoto Uchija. Let me ask you this, who is the last person that Kushina talk with, before she and 3rd hokage's wife left the village? Is it that person was Mikoto Uchiha, carrying Sasuke, right! I believe, that in their conversation Mikoto found out the secret. It is also suspicious that in their conversation the hokage's wife cut off their conversation, so probably Mikoto wondered why did 3rd Hokage's wife did that. So making Fugako as Tobi makes more sense than Obito, Izuna, and 3rd Hokage's team mate, I forgot his name. I believed Fugako was a strong shinobi, the Naruto wiki said this also.

Also, it is still a mystery, why the Uchija clan is not present on the night when the Kyubi attacks the village, except for Itachi and Sasuke.
Maybe you think, it's not mystery anymore; Tobi told the Clan to hide, so that they can't interfere, but remember Tobi hates the Uchiha, that is what he said to Itachi. If he really is not Fugako, why in the first place Uchiha clan will listen to him if they knew that he is a treat to the clan.

I want to add this, but this is kinda impossible to happen but who cares anyways. Do you think it is possible that the Uchiha clan still alive, I mean yeah Itachi killed them, but is it really the real Uchihas' that he killed or just a bunch of white Zetsus. I'm questioning also why Kabuto not summuned any Uchiha except for, Madara. It would be a big advantage if he summoned a characters that is Sharingan user. Is it because he can't do it because only the dead once he can revived.

There is some glitched of my Tobi=Fugako theory though; when Tobi showed Susuke his face why did he did not recognized him if he is really is his father. Maybe he changed his appearance, transformation techniques can do that.
i dont know if you read the manga but itachi him self said that he killed his parents, their was proof with flashbacks. We saw fugako die.
The latest chapter though includes tobi letting the reader know that he new kakashi lived a regretful life. This supports my theory.
EnigmaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #192
EnigmaNinja
Genin

EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!EnigmaNinja has completed a tough C-rank mission!

read naruto 594 manga page 12-13.
right after guy lee asked who he is. tobi said "you dont remember faces so what point is there in telling you" thats right because obitos face has already been crushed by the rocks. so im assuming his face has been messed up so people wouldn't recognize him.

another big hint** after kakashi said "id like to do something before its revived, if possible..." we saw tobi's left side of his face right after where the sharingan is. why would kishi show the left side of his face but not the right side where his rennigan is or why not show his whole mask. he wants the readers to notice that they have a sharigan on the opposite sides from each other, i wonder why? its either to let the reader know that obito can be tobi or just to give us an idea to who tobi is so that when his identity is revealed the people who did not believe he was obito for what ever reason would be shocked. after its revealed where all going to see the story behind the accident and what really happened to Obito Uchiha
Old 07-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #193
RasenganMaster21
Apprentice Genin

RasenganMaster21 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This theory bothers me. One of your main reasons is that there name is the same which proves nothing. Also the 4th hokage fought Tobi and Obito would have still been a child at that point. So yeah, I don't think that Tobi is Obito
RasenganMaster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #194
EnigmaNinja
Genin

my theory gets more in depth through out each time i reply.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #195
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Any proofs or disproofs that have to with Sharingan, please keep to yourselves. HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MANY SHARINGAN TOBI HAS? HE COULD TRANSPLANT ANY ONE INTO HIS EYE SOCKET.
Mangetsu Hozuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #196
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rdic2 View Post

Dang it. Think!! Why would Fugako want revenge? How would he having given nagato Rinnengan? Why would he let Itachi kill him?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #197
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Tobi ain't Obito. Simple as that. How is he connected to Madara? Why would he want revenge?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #198
coalt19
Freshmen Academy Student

coalt19 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

ok i will put some info out and every one tell me what you think. ok so when tobi fought minato he didi'nt sound young. at that time kakashi was about 16. ok so now that we now tobi isnt obito we can get off that answer. so i was thinking it is izuna uchiha becuase.

1: he's madara's little brother so he has knowledge about madara others dont.

2: we know its not madara thanks to kabuto's little black mailing moment.

3: yeah izuna died but think of this sasori can't die by age and orochimaru found a way to live forever so dont count him dead just yet.

4: he easily could have took another uchihas eye's.

5: motives for izuna uchiha would be the simple fact his brother was madara who fought the 1st hokage and fought in the war so yeah great motive if anyone wants to add thanks.

Last edited by coalt19; 07-30-2012 at 03:01 PM.
coalt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #199
TheDarkSage
Freshmen Academy Student

TheDarkSage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

TOBI is not OBITO lol if he is then i will shun Kishi until he collapses from exhaustion lol

Well my theory is that TOBI is actually the sage of six paths, only in some kind zetsu form. Someone had mentioned TOBI's face, well when he shows his side of face you can see a line down his cheek, well the Sage also has one if you saw Kurama's flashback in the manga. Also, TOBI was able to perform a complete izanagi meaning he has complete control of the senju and Uchiha powers but at the same time he can't willingly switch from Sharingan to Rinnegan like the real Madera can. My theory is because he is an incomplete clone of the sage so he had to take Madera's eyes. He was also able to sense the power of Naruto but couldn't explain it. (that is the power that he was made from, and the power to transform Zetsu to trees) I think the real Madera created him while experimenting trying to uncover his own Rinnegan. The OBITO theory just does not add up at all, both due to time and logic. If it is anyone else, then i would wager it is the unknown Uchiha that we only saw briefly in the manga. I can't remember his name of the top of my head. Kagami, kaguri, ka-something lol My 2 cents = done
TheDarkSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #200
Midknight Ravyn
Freshmen Academy Student

Midknight Ravyn is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I've been following this forum for a bit now, but never felt inclined to post a reply. Finally decided to sign up for an account and reply with my 2 cents.

I too have theorized about the identity of Tobi. Now I finally do believe it to be Obito. I am not entirely clear on his reasoning or motives. Perhaps he has strayed from the nice kid he used to be, perhaps he was led astray. What is known about Tobi is this.

He has Madara Uchiha's Mangekyo Sharingan. Obtainable by removing the eyes from Madara's corpse.

He is approximately the same age as Kakashi (who is listed to be almost 30.)

He was present the night Naruto was born (16 years ago.)

He possesses the exact same Sharingan ability as Kakashi (Kamui.)

Lets look at the facts surround the current volumes (596 as of this posting.)

Tobi knows Kakashi, a lot more than he is openly saying. And Kakashi recognizes Kamui for what it is. Tobi always uses Kamui with his right Sharingan, never with his left side Rinnegan and never before with his left side Sharingan. He did however use Izanami with his right Sharingan to stop Konnan from killing him. Back to the dates issue.

At the time of his "death" Obito was approximately 12 years old. The night the Naruto was born he would have easily be 14. I say 14 because Kakashi Hatake is listed as around the same age at the time. At 14 years old there are some very impressive ninja in the world who could easily best a kage. And to say best is really stretching it. Tobi never bested Namikaze, he put up a decent effort, but Namikaze was figuring him out and would have won. It was the Nine-Tailed Fox who actually defeated and killed Namikaze. Being an Uchiha it is not beyond the realm of possibility that he was just good, trained hard, was angry enough. Look at Sasuke, he's easily one of the strongest ninja in the world at this point, surpassing several kage level ninja, and nobody ever says he couldn't kill anyone. Time, anger, pain, and determination turned Sasuke into that, why not Obito? Two years can make a LOT of difference in the Naruto world, obviously.

As for his motivations I can only guess. Maybe he's upset about something. Perhaps he found out about the idea that one day the clans of Konoha would wipe out the Uchiha. Maybe he saw his "death" as a prelude to the plan. Someone else that the Uchiha were not present the night the Kyuubi attacked, why? Why would the Uchiha clan not get involved in something that was destroying their home? People mention Tobi's connection to Madara, Tobi has Madara's eyes, that is a connection.

I will say this though, it's coming to a head. And Kakashi in issue 596 said something that further makes me believe it is Obito. He says it's a highly unlikely hypothesis, but not impossible. This is a reference to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes. When you remove the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. I believe Kakashi knows who Tobi is.
Midknight Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote