Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Eddard Stark 1 100.00%
Khal Drogo 0 0%
Tied 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao
Default Eddard Stark vs Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo has committed an invasion of Westeros, determined to claim the lands for his wife Daenerys.
Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell, is determined to protect his country and fend off the invasion.

The two combatants meet in the streets of a plundered city, equally determined to kill...

Eddard Stark
Spoiler:

Knowledge of opponent: Limited to legends and rumors
Protection: Leather tunic
Weapons: Long sword and a dagger

Khal Drogo
Spoiler:

Knowledge of opponent: Some advice by Jorah Mormont
Protection: Dothraki leather vest
Weapons: Dothraki saber and 2 knives

Last edited by Ninja of Cao; 07-13-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Eddard Stark vs Khal Drogo

Eddard Stark and six others fought against the near legenadary Sers Gerold Hightower, Oswell Whent and Arthur Dayne of the Kingsguard and survived. He even killed Ser Dayne.

Not to mention he fought Jamie Lannister(supposedly the best swordsman in the realm) to standstill until he was attacked from behind.

Khal Drogo is apparently the best Dothraki, but really that is do to his tribe. He never really has many one on one battles except for his lackey.

I give this to Eddard as Khal is not on his horse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Eddard Stark and six others fought against the near legenadary Sers Gerold Hightower, Oswell Whent and Arthur Dayne of the Kingsguard and survived. He even killed Ser Dayne.

Not to mention he fought Jamie Lannister(supposedly the best swordsman in the realm) to standstill until he was attacked from behind.

Khal Drogo is apparently the best Dothraki, but really that is do to his tribe. He never really has many one on one battles except for his lackey.

I give this to Eddard as Khal is not on his horse.
Unfortunately I have not read the books yet, and thus I am only familiar with what is seen in the television series. What I do know is that Khal Drogo has never been defeated in combat (quoted from Viserys Targaryen), and could easily kill a fully equipped Dothraki warrior without using any weapons of his own.

Eddard Stark on the other hand fought well against Jamie Lannister, even equally, until a Lannister guard stabbed him from behind. But in the scene when the City Watch turn against Stark's men, I noticed that he was quite slow to react. He didn't even pull out his sword before he had a knife against his throat.

I couldn't see Khal Drogo being surprised by treason or ambushes. For some reason I just consider him a better warrior. Though it would be an interesting fight anyway.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

I think Eddard would win against Khal!!! With horse or without, I don't think Khal has any chance!!!

In my opinion, not even Jamie could win in a real 1 on 1 match against Eddard!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post
Unfortunately I have not read the books yet, and thus I am only familiar with what is seen in the television series. What I do know is that Khal Drogo has never been defeated in combat (quoted from Viserys Targaryen), and could easily kill a fully equipped Dothraki warrior without using any weapons of his own.

Eddard Stark on the other hand fought well against Jamie Lannister, even equally, until a Lannister guard stabbed him from behind. But in the scene when the City Watch turn against Stark's men, I noticed that he was quite slow to react. He didn't even pull out his sword before he had a knife against his throat.

I couldn't see Khal Drogo being surprised by treason or ambushes. For some reason I just consider him a better warrior. Though it would be an interesting fight anyway.
Might have something to do with his stabbed leg and the medicine he was under

But this is not a surprise fight anyway. Anyway, Khal allows his opinions to injury him, which is his downfall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Wooster; 07-13-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Might have something to do with his stabbed leg and the medicine he was under

But this is not a surprise fight anyway. Anyway, Khal allows his opinions to injury him, which is his downfall.
Well, wounds and medication make a man slower

Frankly I think that Khal Drogo died a very unworthy death for such a great warrior. I would have wanted him to have a few more fight scenes. But Eddard Stark died an unworthy death too.

It is difficult for me to say which character is the better, mainly because both are my favorite characters in the series. And I feel sorry for them, since both died such unworthy deaths
Old 07-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

He fell off his horse. He died like a loser.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Eddard Stark and six others fought against the near legenadary Sers Gerold Hightower, Oswell Whent and Arthur Dayne of the Kingsguard and survived. He even killed Ser Dayne.]
He doesn't remember who killed Ser Dayne and I think he admitted the only reason why he survived was because of Randyl or another warrior\

now what's impressive is that he survived that long against Arthur who if memory serves was superior to both Barristan Selmy and Rheagar Targaryen..and basically the greatest warrior ever

Quote:
I don't recall that happening in the book..did it?
Quote:
we've also seen what happens to Dothraki who fight armored warriors of comparable/superior skill

its a curbstomp battle
Quote:
You know how that old man said he could cut down the Kingsgaurd like they were cake after they fired his ass? Yeah he wasn't like, the guy was basically the second or third greatest sword master in hundreds of years

the only people above him (until he went passed his prime and Jamie surpassed him) were Rheagar Targaryen and a man known as "the Sword of Morning" Arthur Dayne

Eddard Stark engaged Arthur and three other legendary knights with a numeric advantage but were still massively outclassed in skill and power

Eddard was among the few who survived that day and Ser Dayne fell to his sword or a sword of his peer

simply put While Jamie is probably the best alive right now (though I'd still give that to Berristan though Jamie should still take him)

Drogo would likely be able to manhandle Eddard but the moment Ned gets into a decent sword stance and starts actually contesting his blade? Yeah Khals completely screwed

Quote:
especially when your drinking pure and highly concentrated heroine

which is what they tend to give you in the game of thrones universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
He fell off his horse. He died like a loser.
lost the Khallasar and everything

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 07-13-2012 at 09:10 PM.
The Immortal Watch Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Frankly I think that Khal Drogo died a very unworthy death for such a great warrior. I would have wanted him to have a few more fight scenes. But Eddard Stark died an unworthy death too.

It is difficult for me to say which character is the better, mainly because both are my favorite characters in the series. And I feel sorry for them, since both died such unworthy deaths
They would.

Yes, I wish Dany died. ..

The problem with putting aSoIaF characters in matches is their battles are like real life. happens and the better fighter often loses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
He doesn't remember who killed Ser Dayne and I think he admitted the only reason why he survived was because of Randyl or another warrior\

now what's impressive is that he survived that long against Arthur who if memory serves was superior to both Barristan Selmy and Rheagar Targaryen..and basically the greatest warrior ever

I don't recall that happening in the book..did it?

we've also seen what happens to Dothraki who fight armored warriors of comparable/superior skill

its a curbstomp battle
He defeated Dayne," Bran Stark recalls Eddard describe Arthur Dayne as "the finest knight I ever saw," and elaborates further that Dayne would have killed him "but for Howland Reed ."" So Ned had help. The question is how good is Howland Reed. He is the only other survivor. I am guessing pretty bad ass. Like his son and daughter combined times ten.

In the Book, Ned fought of multiple Lannister guardsmen before being overcome and falls of his horse breaking his leg. But the OP is clearly using TV feats

Ned isn't armored, and we never seen Khal defeat anyone except for one man when he is not riding with his Khalhasar.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #10
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Ned survived the fight but that means that basically backed up by other elites he can survive a fight with the greatest knight - not much else

while it means that yes he should be more than capable of making Jamie work for it I recall Jamie being implied to be a notch above

Old 07-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Well, only Howland can be considered elite. And they were three legends.

You will admit that Khal Drogo has never fought any legend.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

I was never arguing for Drogos victory. He is to my knowledge utterly doomed

Ned is crafty enough to use numbers I would concede that surviving that fight makes him dangerous and Selmy himself seemed to think that Ned wasn't someone easily defeated which is pretty high praise considering who it was coming from

my issue was with saying he could take Jamie..he may be that good (didn't Jamie admit there were a few people in the realm who could take him?) but I don't recall seeing it

Old 07-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

In a pure fight, Ned would probably lose to Jamie.

If Brienne can't beat a chained Jamie, no one can beat him with no restrictions. She is probably the second best living fighter. She does beat Loras after all but maybe Barrister. He still kicks ass even in old age.

Don't know if you have read that far yet.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Brienne fought Jamie?

Sam's father was said to be a monster but my impression was more the top three were Jamie Oberyn and Barristan with Brienne and Loras coming in fourth

Oberyn was pretty slick

Old 07-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #15
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Yeah, third book. Before the Goat got 'em.

Maybe, but Jamie even admits Brienne is stronger than he is. Oberyn maybe if he gets poison. Taking down the giant the most impressive feat seen extensively in the books.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #16
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

The Goat? Who?

now when you say stronger you mean Gregor level?

Oberyn I recall actually did outfight the mountain before he skewered him he just got really stupid at the end

any feats for Randyl yet that justify his hype?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #17
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Vargo Hoat.

I don't know about that, but she is stronger than Jamie and nearly as skilled with the sword.

Yeah, because Oberyn was stupid and wanted The Giant to admit his crimes.

Not really. He hasn't died and seems to have an awesome sword.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #18
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

So many spoilers
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Then why did you read it, foo!

We are talking about events written ten years ago after all.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
Fan of Minato
Special Jonin Candidate

Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Eddard Stark, I think.

Khal Drogo is strong, but Ned has better swordsmanship. Ned fought in a war, and has many battle feats. (Battle of Bells, Dragonstone maybe more, can't remember). Khal Drogo seems a bit brutish, tbh. Eddard, on the other hand has shown more calm.

If the series was a manga, this would be so much easier. xD Neither of them have that many feats on their side, so it's kinda a battle of hype.

A member of the ANBU.
Post your question here
for it to be answered:

Leader: Vidda Hatake

The Village Hidden in Aura

Senpai: DragonAngel (The laughing stock xD)

I am a Temporary Moderator as well

The Forums have a lot of interesting things aside Drama.
Some are:

Spoiler:
Action 0_o
Quote:
hey DA you are a big dummy lol
Entertainment o_0
Quote:
But-but Gikage!! Does this mean you'll never have any babies!?!

Spawn of Deidara330 would be born instantly awesome.
Awesomeness o-o
Quote:
he's the man who ate the Kagu-Kagu Devil Fruit. 0_o xD

(Kagu Means Furniture)
Fear me. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHA =o

And something Green 0_0
Quote:
Get Fom's name off there. Now!

A message from Sage
So Hockey...take my name off from your sig...xD

Best quote in the ENTIRE FORUMS:
Quote:

"TBC walks up to toma, and pushes him over, and stands on his chest with one foot"

"Toma flails on the ground like a fish, screaming something about the Chinese Panda Bear stealing his lunch."

Dances:
Quote:
*holds in mouth

Care to dance, my lovely?
True self at last. ;D TDZ, the lover boy. xD

What the google blue berries?
Quote:
Yeah, let us group together and show our AURA!
Sasori has those anxious moments too. ;D xDD

All in one forum....

Aura headband symbol:
Fan of Minato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eddard stark, game of thrones, khal drogo