Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Latest Manga Chapters

Latest Manga Chapters Discuss the latest manga chapters of your favorite series here!

Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Deadman wonderland

I'm on volume 7 and loving it. Has anyone else read this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 07-16-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
SasukeDude96
Veteran Chunin

SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Deadman wonderland manga

I'd hate to look like a total DMWL noob, but nope. I've only seen the anime, and I'm not even finished with that yet. I'm only up to where Toonami is. I've considered buying the manga, but it's hard to find it a price that isn't completely ridiculous. I know I could just pirate the manga online like most people, but I'd actually like to own it legitly. It's a shame Tokyopop went under. Hopefully another publisher picks the manga up.

Spoiler:

3DS A
mbassador

I know, I suck.
SasukeDude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
KyuubiAkatsuki
Jonin

KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Haven't yet. My friend told me I should read it but I'm trying to catch up on other manga first. Technically I read the first chapter and I thought it was pretty good.

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war then make all peoples holy."
----- Silver Surfer from Silver Surfer Requiem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

KyuubiAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasukeDude96 View Post
I'd hate to look like a total DMWL noob, but nope. I've only seen the anime, and I'm not even finished with that yet. I'm only up to where Toonami is. I've considered buying the manga, but it's hard to find it a price that isn't completely ridiculous. I know I could just pirate the manga online like most people, but I'd actually like to own it legitly. It's a shame Tokyopop went under. Hopefully another publisher picks the manga up.
The manga is really good,but I'm not going to go so far as to say it's incredible. The anime ends at episode 12 while barely grazing the surface. It'd be like the naruto anime ending after zabuza.

Why not read it online and buy it after? You don't have to download them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuubiAkatsuki View Post
Haven't yet. My friend told me I should read it but I'm trying to catch up on other manga first. Technically I read the first chapter and I thought it was pretty good.
It's kinda long ish,but enjoyable.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
The manga is really good,but I'm not going to go so far as to say it's incredible. The anime ends at episode 12 while barely grazing the surface.
What? Its only 12 long?
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
Bacon

Awards Showcase

The anime cuts out a lot of characters who become important later on, such as azami and chamblin. It also fails to explain key points such as the cast point dilemma with minatsuki. In the anime he says it won't save her,but in the manga it explains that the buying a shorter sentence doesn't apply to deadmen. It's because of all these not so subtle revisions, cuts, and overall skewering that it most likely won't get renewed unless it gets a huge audience on Adults swim.

To put it in naruto terms, it'd be like going through the chunin exams with Lee or orachimaru. Then having to change the story to reintroduce them differently.

Quote:

Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I'm only at episode 7 english dubbed.

I just have one question

Does Ganta ever quit being the whiniest little crybaby of all time?

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
Bacon

Awards Showcase

If the anime continued, he would have changed in the next arc(after the 12th episode). By the 10th volume of the manga, he's practically as cool as senji.

Quote:

Old 02-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor

Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.

Reviving this thread

Great series. The art is amazing and I absolutely love the relationship between Ganta and Senji, who is one of the biggest badasses in all of manga btw. The anime is disappointing however with the extreme censorship and the fact that major characters and elements of the plot are left out (also, it ends before the series starts to pick up).

Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #10
Bacon

Awards Showcase

I officially love yer taste in anime/manga,but gave up on this 2 months ago. This series isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future

Quote:

Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #11
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
I'm only at episode 7 english dubbed.

I just have one question

Does Ganta ever quit being the whiniest little crybaby of all time?
After watching the anime and then reading the manga I see the answer is

Yes. Yes he does.

Bacon is right. The anime really does only "scratch the surface".

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

This series take to long to update. To the point I forgot about it.
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
sagemaster777
Special Jonin Candidate

sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to sagemaster777

I'm picking this back up again since it's continuing now.

Why is she so perfect?
sagemaster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #14
Bacon

Awards Showcase

OMG Must read or at least drool over a twitter update in Japanese

Edit: Yep, that one guy is still alive
I have a feeling shiro is related to ganta somehow, because he was shocked as a mofo. :loL
More stuff about his mother
Fight scenes were hard to keep track of

Quote:

Last edited by Bacon; 03-07-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #15
Bacon

Awards Showcase

The creator of the deadmen died or at least was ganta'd gun'd out of existence
The wretched egg destroyed its own seal
Deadmanwonderland was reduced to nothing in a matter of seconds

Quote:

Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #16
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor

Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
I officially love yer taste in anime/manga,but gave up on this 2 months ago. This series isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future
Aww thanks! How did I not notice this post until now? But more importantly- New chapter today!!!
Spoiler:
Some more insight into Ganta's birth, his mom and their relationship with Shiro. It also shows how Azami died, and implies that the Wretched Egg isn't all bad.

For the people who were worried about updates: The series was on hiatus for a year, but is now back in serialization (It is published monthly and not weekly though). It's also in its final arc, so the story is near/at its climax.

Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #17
Bacon

Awards Showcase

I actually noticed after sage mentioned it being back a few days later lol.

oh and thanks for the update lol. I didn't think the april issue would be out so fast.

Quote:
Ganta is fighting shiro at the moment in what is likely the final fight of the series.

Quote:

Last edited by Bacon; 07-27-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:12 AM   #18
Bacon

Awards Showcase

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...to-end-in-july

Last chapter was released yesterday

FRICK IT WAS SUPPSOED TO BE TODAY

Not sure how long it will take scantalators to translate it,but it's finally over. :P

Quote: