Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

View Poll Results: DID YOU LIKE THIS?
yes very informative 2 13.33%
no, not really 4 26.67%
im not a fan of Obito = Madara 2 13.33%
i like it even though i dont like obito = madara 3 20.00%
interesting, just interesting 1 6.67%
awesome 0 0%
you know i never really noticed some of those things! 1 6.67%
the best theory is the obito = madara theory 0 0%
not good at all [please do not click lol] 1 6.67%
its ok 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #121
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Topics involving Obito being Tobi.

Here's one:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115097

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #122
DH264
Ninja Academy Student

DH264 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Topics involving Obito being Tobi.

Bro this thread shouldn't even exist because tobi is prolly not obito o_0 .. no offense
DH264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #123
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default You got to be kidding me. Obito is Tobi

Puke.

"Kakashi, you always open your mouth so easily. It's no wonder you lived a life of regret"
" You don't remember faces, so what point is there in telling you."

Those lines pretty much seal the deal. Tobi clearly knows Kakashi from before, and Kakashi's regret is about Obito.

The line to Gai is of course reference to Kisame, but the hidden meaning is that Gai once knew him as well. If Gai is Kakashi's rival he would know Kakashi's former team mates. Also, not the panel right after is to Kakashi's face again. Probably meaning Kakashi has figured it out.

The only other hope we have it that Tobi is really Rin with sex change It happened with Orochimaru, no reason it couldn't happen again.

Last edited by Wooster; 07-21-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Wooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #124
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: You got to be kidding me. Obito is Tobi

If Obito is Tobi then Im giving up on the series.

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #125
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Here's hoping for Rin.

But no, I think this was major foreshadowing. I don't why I expected Kishi to not include this well worn "dead friend returns as villain" crap.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #126
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

NO, he is NOT Obito. Under no reason he is Obito. Just no, I will rage quite Naruto if he is. Just no way in hell.

Edit: He'll the age thing disproves that he is Obit any ways!

Last edited by zerosameri; 07-21-2012 at 10:41 AM.
zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #127
florence-chan
Genin

florence-chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!florence-chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to florence-chan Send a message via Skype™ to florence-chan

It's probably no one that we've ever heard of before. And, of course he's from the Uchiha. It could be anyone. Obito is dead. It's a fact. He's not coming back. Does Kakashi have a hidden story or part of his life Kishi hasn't revealed to us yet? If these words relate to Kakashi's past, then it's someone he knows. Think hard of all the people, rogue ninja, everyone from Konoha. How long did he know them? Now, it isn't Sasuke just because I mentioned rogue ninja. Duuurh. It's definitely not Shisui. Everyone in the Uchiha that we know about are dead except Sasuke and Madara (I don't read the manga, so he's still alive in the manga though, I'm guessing?). It's so obvious. We don't know who Tobi is. He's definitely from the Uchiha clan though. He has the hair color, and the knowledge. The eyes I've never seen him deactivate though so I'm not so sure about that part. When Kishi reveals who Tobi is officially, it'll be a big surprise to all of us.

(/__..____
(^.\)(<_<) Sasori No Danna your alive!
/_|_>_|_\

(/__
(>.\)(^))) TOBI GET OFF OF ME, UN!
/_|_<_|_\

I am part of the Village Hidden in the Shadows c:

florence-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #128
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

If he is...lol.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #129
Uchiha Efair
Genin

Uchiha Efair saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Kakashi and Tobi has some pictures together, maybe Kakashi will fight Tobi when he know Tobi is Obito, and we finally can see copy ninja Kakashi use his full power to stop Tobi/Obito! Wowww
In order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions.
Uchiha Efair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #130
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
NO, he is NOT Obito. Under no reason he is Obito. Just no, I will rage quite Naruto if he is. Just no way in hell.

Edit: He'll the age thing disproves that he is Obit any ways!
Guess a lot of people are quitting.

Not necessary. He could have got a lot of sun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by florence-chan View Post
It's probably no one that we've ever heard of before. And, of course he's from the Uchiha. It could be anyone. Obito is dead. It's a fact. He's not coming back. Does Kakashi have a hidden story or part of his life Kishi hasn't revealed to us yet? If these words relate to Kakashi's past, then it's someone he knows. Think hard of all the people, rogue ninja, everyone from Konoha. How long did he know them? Now, it isn't Sasuke just because I mentioned rogue ninja. Duuurh. It's definitely not Shisui. Everyone in the Uchiha that we know about are dead except Sasuke and Madara (I don't read the manga, so he's still alive in the manga though, I'm guessing?). It's so obvious. We don't know who Tobi is. He's definitely from the Uchiha clan though. He has the hair color, and the knowledge. The eyes I've never seen him deactivate though so I'm not so sure about that part. When Kishi reveals who Tobi is officially, it'll be a big surprise to all of us.
Tobi has to be. He knows Kakashi..

You assume Kishi writes with any logic; he doesn't. Yes, Tobi is an Uchiha; that is certain.

That is way too intricate for Kishi to write. It will be a big let down, so Obito is the most likely.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #131
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Then why doesn't Naruto look like that?

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #132
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Skin cream every morning. :3

Old 07-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #133
florence-chan
Genin

florence-chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!florence-chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to florence-chan Send a message via Skype™ to florence-chan

Tobi just can't be Obito. Obito is dead. Very dead. Doesn't look like he'll be coming back. Have you noticed that Kishi does not reveal hardly any information on the Uchiha? All we know is very little. We only know of a few Uchihas.
Don't just make assumptions without thinking and reviewing everything. Everyone knows it isn't Obito. A few wrinkles on the right side of his face that were revealed to us doesn't mean he's Obito. His entire right side was crushed. Someone can't live after that. I highly doubt a medical ninja in the series would be skilled enough to actually combine two bodies and then bring Obito back to life. And, having the bodies look just alike. Highly unlikely.
It is definitely not Obito. Too many flaws in everyone's theories.

(/__..____
/_|_>_|_\

(/__
/_|_<_|_\

Old 07-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #134
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

So was Itachi, Madara, Orochimaru, Sasori, Deidara, a plethora of kage, the Kin-Gin bros., Kakuzu, Chiyo, the seven swordsmen, need I go on?

The flaws make it more like that it is Obito; Kishi is that bad of a writer.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #135
florence-chan
Genin

I don't even know why this isn't in the "Tobi is Obito topics here" topic. This theory has been repeated countless times and I'm sick of it.
There's too much good evidence that he isn't Obito in the topic I mentioned above, which happens to be pinned. I don't want to repeat it.
Kishi is making suspense throughout the manga. And this Tobi is Obito thing has just gone on for way too long. Over two years. Just. Read this page in the topic that I've mentioned above. Tobi is Obito theories are just as good as Tobi is Sakura theories. http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthre...=108721&page=2

(/__..____
/_|_>_|_\

(/__
/_|_<_|_\

Old 07-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #136
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Puke.

"Kakashi, you always open your mouth so easily. It's no wonder you lived a life of regret"
" You don't remember faces, so what point is there in telling you."

Those lines pretty much seal the deal. Tobi clearly knows Kakashi from before, and Kakashi's regret is about Obito.

The line to Gai is of course reference to Kisame, but the hidden meaning is that Gai once knew him as well. If Gai is Kakashi's rival he would know Kakashi's former team mates. Also, not the panel right after is to Kakashi's face again. Probably meaning Kakashi has figured it out.

The only other hope we have it that Tobi is really Rin with sex change It happened with Orochimaru, no reason it couldn't happen again.
Maybe sex change explanation is not needed.

Think about it. We assumed he was male because he said he was later Madara. But he is not Madara.

And Tobi is a name that could be used for boy or girls.

One counter would be Tobi is a good "boy" sentence but it could be just because Tobi pretended to be male. And we know he lies, a lot, so Tobi could be Rin!!!

Though I don't know how she would have Sharingan. But it would make sense, considering she was capable of transplanting eyes!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #137
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by florence-chan View Post
I don't even know why this isn't in the "Tobi is Obito topics here" topic. This theory has been repeated countless times and I'm sick of it.
There's too much good evidence that he isn't Obito in the topic I mentioned above, which happens to be pinned. I don't want to repeat it.
Kishi is making suspense throughout the manga. And this Tobi is Obito thing has just gone on for way too long. Over two years. Just. Read this page in the topic that I've mentioned above. Tobi is Obito theories are just as good as Tobi is Sakura theories. http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthre...=108721&page=2
Because this is based on the current chapter.

Kishi is making shiit throughout the manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
Maybe sex change explanation is not needed.

Think about it. We assumed he was male because he said he was later Madara. But he is not Madara.

And Tobi is a name that could be used for boy or girls.

One counter would be Tobi is a good "boy" sentence but it could be just because Tobi pretended to be male. And we know he lies, a lot, so Tobi could be Rin!!!

Though I don't know how she would have Sharingan. But it would make sense, considering she was capable of transplanting eyes!!!
We have seen most of Tobi's face. She is one damn ugly woman then. then again, we do have Sakura

Old 07-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #138
Jose
Special Jonin Candidate

Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

OR

Black Zetsu record everything and just plays everything back for Tobi.
Pretty sure Black Zetsu recorded the whole Sasuke and Itachi fight and played it back for Tobi later he could have just gone around recording everyone :O.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #139
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I think that Tobi's body could be Hashirama's body.
That's how he has Senju powers, and his eyes with Sharingan, are the Uchiha power.
That's why he could use Izanagi against Konan.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #140
florence-chan
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Maruko View Post
I think that Tobi's body could be Hashirama's body.
That's how he has Senju powers, and his eyes with Sharingan, are the Uchiha power.
That's why he could use Izanagi against Konan.
Nope. Hashirama's body is where they put Yamato's body..
Spoiler:
.. after Kabuto captured him with Deidara.

They used Yamato's cells since he had Hashirama's DNA, for white Zetsu, in the war.
Tobi can't be Obito because Obito would have had to be brought back to life, but Obito would never age. Obito was how old? Younger than Naruto when he died? So no Obito. Obito loved his village. It wasn't the village's fault he died; So no grudges held unless something happened that we don't know about yet.

Also Tobi has Hashirama's DNA because he has his body, alive, down in his "basement" that apparently was somewhere in their hideout.

(/__..____
/_|_>_|_\

(/__
/_|_<_|_\

Last edited by florence-chan; 07-21-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Tags
594, exciting!!! :d, manga, naruto, tobi