Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Why do Ninjas Need to Weave Handsigns to Use Jutsus?

I was sitting in Philosophy class in the morning when I though about this question.

So why does a Shinobi need to make hand signs to activate/use a jutsu?
Is it because when one makes hand signs, they are able to gather the needed chakra then perform a jutsu?

What are your guy's thoughts?

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
She's one of my psycho's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why do Ninjas Need to Weave Handsigns to Use Jutsus?

To shape chakra?
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I still don't get how they do that by making hand signs.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 07-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
TheIndigoFang
Special Jonin Candidate

TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheIndigoFang is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

I think it shapes the chakra, but I don't know.

Credit: Black King

Credit: Throw Rasen-Shuriken

Credit: Maruko

Spoiler:
Quote:

@ Indigo:

#shotsfired
Quote:
You know everything Indigo-san.. V_V
TheIndigoFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

The exact amount of chakar necessary to perform a technique is manipulated through hand seals

hand seals make it easier to use jutsu and hand signs tell what kind of jutsu it is.

Plus jutsu's make them look cool.

Hand seals help to control chakra and get ready for the attack
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

Ok

Hashirama is awesome... Able to use jutsus with one hand sign... Snake I believe

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #7
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken

Haku was able to execute one of his Jutsus by only using one hand too.

BF:

Spoiler:

Throw Rasen-Shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Daphne Lu View Post
I was sitting in Philosophy class in the morning when I though about this question.

So why does a Shinobi need to make hand signs to activate/use a jutsu?
Is it because when one makes hand signs, they are able to gather the needed chakra then perform a jutsu?

What are your guy's thoughts?
The appropriate term is Handseals.

The seals merely unlock the power like a code to a safe.

Quote:

Hashirama is awesome... Able to use jutsus with one hand sign... Snake I believe
So did Tobirama,Itachi and Haku.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
Leewannabe
Chunin

Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I think kishi created them only because it looked cool, and also so we narutards could try some "ninja techniques"!! xD And I love him for that!

Owner of the Official Might Guy Fanclub!!
Leewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Rasen-Shuriken View Post
Haku was able to execute one of his Jutsus by only using one hand too.
ah..i forgot about haku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post

So did Tobirama,Itachi and Haku.
ok. this explanation makes the most sense to me. thanks vivi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leewannabe View Post
I think kishi created them only because it looked cool, and also so we narutards could try some "ninja techniques"!! xD And I love him for that!
hehehe. so true!

i love making hand seals for kuchiyose no jutsu and raikiri!!!!

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 07-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Colonel_Mad
Freshmen Academy Student

Colonel_Mad is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Chakra is magic. The hand seals are like incantations for a spell.
Colonel_Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

hand seals
1) mold chakra
2) help the ninja use less chakra with hand signs
3) looks cool and you can act like a ninja and do crazy hand signs
4) Catorgorizes what type of jutsu it is
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #13
Desert Sage
Ninja Academy Student

Desert Sage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Desert Sage
Red face Re: Why do Ninjas Need to Weave Handsigns to Use Jutsus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post

Yeah, i guess you could say the science behind it would be like a physiological response. akin to smiling to trick yourself into being happy. your body knows how you feel when those particular muscles are engaged, so it will tend to act a certain way. The hand seals are physiological actions that tell the brain which energies to start molding in which types of ways to produce the framework for the end result. remember, after the hand seals comes lots of chakra control. Many jutsu have many seals and repeat seals many times. think of it as a formula to energy cultivation that is accessed through a physiological response.

...wow...im proud of that ^
Desert Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
Shinagami
Genin

Shinagami has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shinagami has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shinagami has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Sage View Post
Yeah, i guess you could say the science behind it would be like a physiological response. akin to smiling to trick yourself into being happy. your body knows how you feel when those particular muscles are engaged, so it will tend to act a certain way. The hand seals are physiological actions that tell the brain which energies to start molding in which types of ways to produce the framework for the end result. remember, after the hand seals comes lots of chakra control. Many jutsu have many seals and repeat seals many times. think of it as a formula to energy cultivation that is accessed through a physiological response.

...wow...im proud of that ^
I agree with that, very good answer! But personally, I also think of it being like a circuit. You have to shape the chakra, but you also have to give it a medium for it to flow between, being your hands. It has to be focused somewhere, yes? It's kind of hard to explain, but think of it like an electrical current, I suppose haha.

"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can. And that's what makes it so damn beautiful."
~Roy Mustang
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #15
Mizuki(the yellow flash)
Freshmen Academy Student

Mizuki(the yellow flash) is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I was thinking about this too and came up with a solution from watching guy in an episode. I beleive it is similar to opening the gates, in order for your chakra to flow into a different form you need to make a path or a connection. I'm not sure but my best bet is it is similar to the 8 inner gates, just much less extreme.
Mizuki(the yellow flash) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Raiden just might be Kage someday.
Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Some jutsus don't need hand signs.

Neji
Shino
Kiba
Kimimaru
Puppet

To name a few.

What you lookin at? You all a bunch of bleep. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your bleep fingers and say, "That's the bad guy" So what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #17
Mizuki(the yellow flash)
Freshmen Academy Student

Mizuki(the yellow flash) is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Ino and Kiba use hand signs and the other ones use chakra form which does not make it necessary to make a different substance out of the chakra.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #18
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Raiden just might be Kage someday.
Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuki(the yellow flash) View Post
Ino and Kiba use hand signs and the other ones use chakra form which does not make it necessary to make a different substance out of the chakra.
Some of Kiba jutsus use a pose, not a hand sign, same with Neji.

What you lookin at? You all a bunch of bleep. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your bleep fingers and say, "That's the bad guy" So what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #19
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

It's to help shape and focus the chakra. There are specific poses to aid this process too (like when Kakashi focuses Raikiri)

When a handsign [or pose] is formed, a pathway is created that unlocks a specific type of energy.

It seems like the more proficient you become with a jutsu, the easier it will become to form it and thus you can skip the handsign process (ex: Naruto's Rasengan, Sasuke's Chidori Nagashi, Kankuro's puppet strings etc.)

This may depend on the type/element of the jutsu...It seems like all forms of sealing Jutsu need handsigns in order to function.

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ

Last edited by EternalSasuke; 01-08-2014 at 07:20 PM.
EternalSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #20
Mizuki(the yellow flash)
Freshmen Academy Student

Naruto a rasengan never needed hand signs, it was solely chakra form so it didn't need to change into something else just like kankuro. If it was actually a jutsu then shino's insects couldn't have eaten it.

Tags
chakra, hand signs, jutsu