Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 06-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
sasukefan
Chunin

sasukefan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default What if Tobi..?

I know that this forum has had a lot of Tobi theories fly through, and I am most likely not the first to come up with this idea, but I was hit with sudden enlightenment and had to share it.

As the title suggests this is a Tobi theory page. I've already taken enough of your time, so I'll make this brief. What if Tobi was someone Tobirama revived, and someone who broke free from the jutsu?

I don't have a clue on who it may be, but the main point of this is that Tobi is a free Edo Tensei zombie.

Perhaps Tobirama created this technique to bring back a loved one or comrade he knew. He probably trusted him with many things, including the workings of the jutsu that brought him back. But a rule of thumb is that things that are dead should stay dead. So what if being alive again changed this comrade of his, and he turned against Tobirama. Tobirama released the jutsu and Tobi redid the jutsu.

You may say that his skin would be peeling off if that was the case. But if you look at the last panel of chapter 591, you will see Madara doing to the hand sign. Notice that the skin is not peeling off anymore in that panel. What if this is what happens when one summons oneself with the Edo Tensei? Madara appears to be whole and new in that panel, of course this cannot be confirmed until chapter 592.

You may also ask why Tobi asked about the technique in the first place. Well, Orochimaru had been expanding on the jutsu long after Tobirama. It makes sense that he edited some things. Also, Tobi may know more about the technique than Kabuto, including its risks, and asked so that he can see what if Kabuto knew as much. Kabuto explains the jutsu in chapter 520 if you want to reread it.

It could explain why he took the name Tobi, as a namesake toward the one that summoned him in the first place.

That could also explain how Madara knew the technique. He may have learned through Tobi.

So what do you guys think of this theory? This is a spontaneous thought and it's bound to have a few holes in it, but I want to hear your opinions on this.
By the eyes of a hawk soaring high above in the sky"
Sasuke Uchiha

Last edited by sasukefan; 06-28-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: misspell and grammar error
sasukefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: What if Tobi..?

A very good spontaneous thought. But that vital point where Tobi turns against Tobirama is important. We need to know why. If not, then it really could have been anyone. We don't know much about Tobirama's time to begin with.
SharinganSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
Hovawart
Freshmen Academy Student

Hovawart is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Good theory, but if he could redo the jutsu why did he ask Kabuto to explain how ET works?
Hovawart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:16 AM   #4
Satsuki
Chunin Exam Proctor

Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovawart View Post
Good theory, but if he could redo the jutsu why did he ask Kabuto to explain how ET works?
This is what makes the OP's theory invalid.
^-^
Swordsmith of the Summit Village
(and proud)
"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but you must never forget your origin."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
align="center">
_/\/\/\_~~~~~~_/\/\/\_
^-^
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
^-^
-------
Satsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #5
Katachi_Uchiha
Freshmen Academy Student

Katachi_Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Im starting to think madara may have revived Tobi and when he died Tobi became a free edo zombie. Explaining his vast chakra pool, and regeneration or what ever.
Katachi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

If he were an ET zombie he wouldn't use space/time all the time to avoid hits.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #7
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

He very well could be an ET zombie. If you think about it, we know Tobi knows a lot about Orochimaru ( and vice versa ). One could so much as argue the point that Tobi asked Kabuto about the jutsu to assess just how much he knew about the jutsu itself.

The next thing would be that we don't know a lot about free ET zombies, but we do know that white Zetsu sucks out chakra, so that said, that could be where Tobi is getting all his chakra.

Finally, one could state that not getting hit is a good thing, while its true ET's don't die from that, it could take substantial chakra to fix the damage (so to speak). So not getting hit to conserve chakra may be better.

I had made a few of these points in my "Tobi is Nawaki" theory or "Expanded Tobi is a Senju" theory.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #8
Satsuki
Chunin Exam Proctor

Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Well, Tobi doesn't feel pain, to be able to just say: Oh, I'm infected. Well, guess I'mma have to amputate my arm. *rips off arm, no screams*

No human can withstand that, without showing pain.
^-^
Swordsmith of the Summit Village
(and proud)
"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but you must never forget your origin."

align="center">
_/\/\/\_~~~~~~_/\/\/\_
^-^
^-^
-------
Satsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

He was an ET, he wouldn't have ran away like a little after getting owned by Minato

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #10
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
He was an ET, he wouldn't have ran away like a little after getting owned by Minato
Knowing Minato, and understanding the amount of info and what level of info Tobi had access to, he probably knew that Minato was an expert when it came to seals.

if he IS an ET, then he definitely can be sealed, which he probably considered. That said, it provides a good reason for him to leave.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuki Muramasa View Post
Well, Tobi doesn't feel pain, to be able to just say: Oh, I'm infected. Well, guess I'mma have to amputate my arm. *rips off arm, no screams*

No human can withstand that, without showing pain.
A cut off his arm.
Deidara had his arm blasted away by Kakashi.

They didn't cry, and they are humans.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBlade View Post
Knowing Minato, and understanding the amount of info and what level of info Tobi had access to, he probably knew that Minato was an expert when it came to seals.

if he IS an ET, then he definitely can be sealed, which he probably considered. That said, it provides a good reason for him to leave.
Alright well do if he was an ET he wouldn't have been dripping that goo stuff

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
sasukefan
Chunin

sasukefan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
Alright well do if he was an ET he wouldn't have been dripping that goo stuff
What if that was the problem. Tobirama invented the technique but nobody said he perfected it. Maybe the soul brought back to life was immortal, but like Hidan, could just be cut apart and live, with no regeneration powers like the ones of today.

What if Tobirama created and used white Zetsu to repair the Edo Tensei and the white Zetsu material became the main component of these revived ET to ensure that the revived individual could recover any lost body parts it may lose.

For example, when Tobi fought Konan his entire arm was destroyed, but later once he got the rinnegan he had his arm. It would be reasonable to believe that white Zetsu material recreated his arm. I doubt medical ninjutsu could have regenerated an arm so quickly, since they actually had to stitch Deidara's old arm to him.
By the eyes of a hawk soaring high above in the sky"
Sasuke Uchiha
sasukefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

If Tobi is an ET, he could also be Izuna brought back. So this could combine with that.
The only thing is Madara is not a fan of ET, as was his reaction when he was first brought back.

Given Madara's reaction and opinion of ET, I don't think he brought back Tobi as an ET. I don't think Madara would not use it. Otherwise he would not be so annoyed.

And it couldn't just be that he was mad someone would control him, since he could have released the contract at any point.
paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edo tensei, edo tensei zombie, et zombie, madara uchiha, tobi, tobirama, zetsu