Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Haku Uchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Haku Uchiha has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Lightbulb Sokka vs Amon

the sokka we saw in the flash backs but with his old space sword, boomerang and club and to make it interesting he was trained by suki and is the greatest swordsman in the world
Amon can't bend and he gets those electric gloves

Who wins?

My money is on Team BoomerAang
Haku Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon
Default Re: Sokka vs Amon

Goes etheir way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
joon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
shinigan no sora
Chunin Exam Proctor

shinigan no sora has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinigan no sora has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinigan no sora has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinigan no sora has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinigan no sora has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinigan no sora has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinigan no sora has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

At first I was like " are you retarded!!! Yakome basically raped the council including adult sokka with blood bending and amon exceded yakome in that skill"

But now it makes more sense. I'm kinda leaning a little towards sokka since he can use some more lethal attacks in a shorter amount of time

Last edited by Shikamaru Nara; 06-26-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Watch itttt...
shinigan no sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
TRcommander
Chunin

TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Couldn't Amon use the sword as a conductor to electrocute Sokka? Also, I think Amon just plain wins in h2h combat, and all it would take is a couple quick jabs before Sokka can't even hold his sword anymore.
TRcommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Amon doesn't know chi blocking idt. He just uses blood bending to do that stuff.

I'm thinking Sokka wins, Amon used his blood-bending to manipulate his opponents moves, now he doesn't have that.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #6
cnorwood
Special Jonin Candidate

cnorwood saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Amon does know chi blocking. He still wins
cnorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Amon and his equalists take a big smelly dump on anything Suki and Piandao ever accomplished. Nothing Sokka can do could possibly make a difference.
Cult of Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorwood View Post
Amon does know chi blocking. He still wins
Does he really? I never saw him chi-block anyone, I'm pretty sure if he did it was just blood bending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality View Post
Amon and his equalists take a big smelly dump on anything Suki and Piandao ever accomplished. Nothing Sokka can do could possibly make a difference.
I don't see Amon being stronger than someone who has worked their whole life to be a warrior, I don't really see how Amon beats him either? Sokka is much more smart in the heat of battle.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
takuya
Special Jonin Candidate

takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.takuya finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via AIM to takuya

Amon's agility would make it pretty hard for Sokka to land a hit on him.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare View Post
I don't see Amon being stronger than someone who has worked their whole life to be a warrior, I don't really see how Amon beats him either? Sokka is much more smart in the heat of battle.
Katara was stronger than Pakku despite him having like 589048509385609386 centuries of experience on her. Ditto for Toph and Bumi.

There's no reason to assume that Piandao is superior to Amon for no reason other than because he trained his whole life.
Cult of Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality View Post
Katara was stronger than Pakku despite him having like 589048509385609386 centuries of experience on her. Ditto for Toph and Bumi.

There's no reason to assume that Piandao is superior to Amon for no reason other than because he trained his whole life.
That's not the only reason he's superior, it just helps Sokka's case more. Sokka is easily strong enough to back Amon up into a wall, and Amon panics when he's backed up and would then go for blood-bending, but he doesn't have that. Amon would panic under duress and his technique would get sloppy, he'd eventually be hit by Sokka, then it'd be game over for him.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
TRcommander
Chunin

TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
That's not the only reason he's superior, it just helps Sokka's case more. Sokka is easily strong enough to back Amon up into a wall, and Amon panics when he's backed up and would then go for blood-bending, but he doesn't have that. Amon would panic under duress and his technique would get sloppy, he'd eventually be hit by Sokka, then it'd be game over for him.
The only time Amon has panicked was when the person he thought he just took bending away from air bended him out a window, and he fell a few stories into the water and almost drowned, forcing him to use water bending to save his life. Sokka doesn't have the skill to force Amon into a corner, and he's just going to end up electrocuted the first time Amon touches him, and his technique has never gotten sloppy.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRcommander View Post
The only time Amon has panicked was when the person he thought he just took bending away from air bended him out a window, and he fell a few stories into the water and almost drowned, forcing him to use water bending to save his life. Sokka doesn't have the skill to force Amon into a corner, and he's just going to end up electrocuted the first time Amon touches him, and his technique has never gotten sloppy.
Nope, he was panicked when fighting Korra because he had to use blood bending to stop her. Yes he does, all Amon can do is charge at him and try to poke him, Sokka will be ready for that, unlike the Benders that are used to fighting other Bender's. Sokka will be a new opponent for Amon cause he always had to rely on blood bending to switch the opponents aim, and they were never skilled in hand to hand combat like sokka is.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
TRcommander
Chunin

Quote:
Nope, he was panicked when fighting Korra because he had to use blood bending to stop her.
You mean that time she was hiding under the table, and he used it to drag her out? Or the time he took out both her and Mako at the same time, and took away her bending?

Quote:
Yes he does,
No he really doesn't. He's maybe at Ty-Lee's level, and she's around the level of most of the chi-blockers in the series.

Quote:
all Amon can do is charge at him and try to poke him,
And while he charges, he's capable of dodging attacks from multiple benders all at once, but he can't dodge Sokka once to tag him?

Quote:
Sokka will be ready for that, unlike the Benders that are used to fighting other Bender's.
They fight non-benders all time. Amon was in charge of an entire army of chi blockers they were fighting.

Quote:
Sokka will be a new opponent for Amon cause he always had to rely on blood bending to switch the opponents aim
Amon didn't use blood bending until the last couple episodes, and even then it was rare. Almost all of his feats from the entire series are non bending related. He routinely takes out multiple top notch benders without using his own bending.

Quote:
and they were never skilled in hand to hand combat like sokka is.
Sokka isn't skilled in h2h. All Amon has to do is dodge the first sword swing, and it's over for Sokka. and I'm still thinking those electric gloves can just be used to grab and electrocute the sword.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Am I mistaken or didn't the last episodes reveal that Amon used his bending skills to misdirect attacks aimed against him, and he never truly dodged anything?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
Red
sorry red :(

Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Nope, Amon actually dodged them all, or most of them at least. He is a bender, but he can't use any type of bending to avoid fire and earth attacks, and it was never revealed anyways that he avoided them with bending. We just know that he was a master waterbender.

I don't know what to put here yet, so I leave you with a nice picture of a buffalo.

Spoiler:
Haha, just kidding.

<3 this heart represents the bromance of Red and RockyL. /brohug
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #17
Red
sorry red :(

Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRcommander View Post
Sokka isn't skilled in h2h. All Amon has to do is dodge the first sword swing, and it's over for Sokka. and I'm still thinking those electric gloves can just be used to grab and electrocute the sword.
I don't think so, because I don't think the blade is made out of enough metal to conduct electricity. If I recall correctly, its re-solidified meteorite.

I don't know what to put here yet, so I leave you with a nice picture of a buffalo.

Spoiler:
Haha, just kidding.

<3 this heart represents the bromance of Red and RockyL. /brohug
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #18
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Nope, Amon actually dodged them all, or most of them at least. He is a bender, but he can't use any type of bending to avoid fire and earth attacks, and it was never revealed anyways that he avoided them with bending. We just know that he was a master waterbender.

From the wikia:
He also mastered the psychic bending technique at the age of fourteen, allowing him to perform his bending skills without the aid of his hands or feet.

Korra implied that he uses bloodbending quietly to assist him in fights. This explains how he has managed to dodge almost all attacks launched at him; presumably by subtly restraining some of his opponent's movements to slow them down.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
TRcommander
Chunin

^That's not it at all. Show me one time where someone was being blood bended and it wasn't completely obvious. People would've noticed if their movements were being restrained like that. The psychic blood bending looks just like normal blood bending does, it just takes less movement.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #20
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

1. If you read it says SUBTLY, so of course it wouldn't be obvious.

2. It was an implication by a character, so that doesn't necessarily make it true. Just thought it might be something interesting to bring up.