Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post TS Sakura Advanced Tips

Right, time to make a thread with some tips for people who'd like to use TS Sakura. A highly underrated character, she can be a beast in the right hands.

Tip 1: Double c. shuriken.

This can be performed with every character. To do it, simply c. shuriken in the air, and then right when you land c. shuriken again. It's going to create two waves of c. shuriken for additional pressure, a higher chance to hit the opponent, or just deal more damage.

Tip 2: Combos

Sakura's Side Combo and her Down Combo are her strongest combos. They deal 1% more damage than the other combos. Her Side Combo is her only combo which creates SB (strike-back) which deals additional damage. Her Down Combo has a strange substitution priority, which means that if you think your opponent will sub soon, and you use the down combo, they can still be hit if the combo is in it's final hits after they substitute.

Tip 3: Jutsu Use

Sakura's ground jutsu is faster than her aerial jutsu. Unlike the aerial version, it also has invinciblity frames for a little while before she slams the ground. Her ground jutsu is the perfect counter for c.dashes. If you think your opponent will c.dash into you, quickly do her jutsu. If it's timed right, the opponent will be stunned from Sakura's invincibility frames before the short hop she does to punch the ground and the jutsu will hit. Always opt for her ground jutsu. NEVER use her aerial jutsu, unless you want to avoid a ground attack and attempt to counter-attack yourself. Note that she is very vulnerable ALL the way until she hits the ground, and even the slightest c. dash from your opponent will interrupt her. Unlike how she was in Storm 2, her air jutsu does not have invincibility frames anymore, so only use it if you're sure you're going to successfully slam the ground.

Tip 4: Roll Animation Cancel Into Jutsu

This can be performed for nearly every character. When you're knocked down, you can cancel the roll animation for a surprise jutsu. It will catch most people off guard. Since Sakura's ground jutsu is very quick and has a considerably good range, it has even better chances for a surprise attack.

Tip 5: Air Combo

Unlike Tsunade, with Sakura you should NEVER attempt to cancel her air combo into her air jutsu. As I've already mentioned, her air jutsu is very vulnerable and your opponent has to be a dunce to get hit by it, since they will have more than enough time to recover and block EVEN if you are successfull in landing it. You should just finish her air combo. Sakura has ending lag as she slams down, however it can be turned into a pro as you can cancel that with any chakra move. When she slams the opponent into the ground, your best option would be to cancel into c.shuriken which will hit the fallen opponent and deal additional damage. Sakura is one of the few characters which have ending lag from their air combo which allows for you to cancel into something further. (some other characters who can cancel their air combo lag are Sage Naruto and CTS/Kirin/Taka Sasuke.)

Tip 6: Items

Sakura's items are some of the best. Her personal item, 2 def down tags, 2 power mochi and 2 paper bombs. The def down tags are very useful when you want to deal more damage to the opponent, and simply increase the damage output. Paper Bombs are a compulsory pro, and her power mochi can help you break your opponent's guard like a stick. If your opponent is guard jumping, use the power mochi as it will let you break their guard in just 1-2 air dashes, IF their guard has been slightly weakened before that. Use it for additional pressure.

Tip 7: Peronal Item

Time Skip Sakura's personal item is one of a kind and very unique. It allows you to negate all negative debuffs you have received. For example, if you have sustained the debuffs from Karin's Perfume spray, which can be def down, speed down and poison, if you use her up item the debuffs will be instantly negated. Needless to say, the item also negates awakening cooldown which can allow you to awaken for a second time straight away after your first awakening expired, therefore allowing you to awaken twice in a row. She is the only character in the entire game with this item.

Tip 8: Grab

Her grab has a deceiving range. Sometimes, even if it seems it doesn't reach your opponent, the grab will activate. Her grab also causes strike back which is a very good pro.

Tip 9: T-T-T-T-Tilt

This tilt is one of the most versatile in the whole game. The first part can be canceled into jutsu, c. dash, grab, jump; almost whatever you can think of. This tilt is highly agile and has A LOOOOT of options. Of course, it can also be looped. What I'm talking about:

YouTube:

If you master this, you can drain your opponent of their subs like a leech.

Tip 10: Awakening

There is no real reason to EVER awaken with Sakura. Use her awakening only if you're desperate and you need to turn the tables in a match you're losing. Her awakening is good for a huge damage output and an even better pressure game, however it is not enough to make up for the loss of supports.

Sakura's pros:
1) Unique personal item.
2) A Highly abusable/versatile Tilt.
3) Can be the ideal character to pressure with.
4) Grab causes strike back.
5) Can manage very well vs guardjumpers.

Sakura's cons:
1) Her worst opponents are MM, Tsuchikage & TS Kiba. Their jutsu can completely neutralize Sakura, as well as her tilt.
2) Aerial Jutsu is utterly useless for close-range.
3) Mastering her tilt requires practice, patience and skill. It is not something everyone can do.
Parak111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: TS Sakura Advanced Tips

Psh I'd make a Tsunnade guide but you guys can't handle it she's to much for all of you

You know, maybe I WILL make one. But if someone uses Tsunade against me with those tips I'm RQing lol

Btw got her to #2 most used character... She's netted me like 20-35 wins lol 5-8 losses

I WOULD use Sakura but I don't like her jutsu since its so easy to stop now. Just one friggin shuriken and she's cancelled. That's why I use tsunade since hers is faster in air

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 06-01-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post Re: TS Sakura Advanced Tips

Yeah, her aerial jutsu, unlike Tsunade, is her weakest option. It can be stopped very easily. Not the same about her ground jutsu though. It's about the same speed as Tsunade's actually, and it's not so easy to stop.

Also, YOU STOLE MY IDEA. HOW COULD YOU?!?!?! I WILL NOT FORGET THIS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pervy Sage's last battle:

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Those who break the rules are scum, true

but

ninja who don't help their friends are even worse!

- Ultra Super Mega Giga Hug

Parak111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

VirtualAlex made a guide first

I used Sakura a lot more in Storm 2. I used her a few times in gen, but I can't play her the same as Storm 2, so i crashed and burned

Old 06-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

I remember back when I made a guide to counter Susanoo

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
Shukuzu
Ninja Academy Student

Shukuzu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

um yo do know that her UP item allows her to enter awakening mode again right?
Shukuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #7
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parak111
Time Skip Sakura's personal item is one of a kind and very unique. It allows you to negate all negative debuffs you have received. For example, if you have sustained the debuffs from Karin's Perfume spray, which can be def down, speed down and poison, if you use her up item the debuffs will be instantly negated. Needless to say, the item also negates awakening cooldown which can allow you to awaken for a second time straight away after your first awakening expired, therefore allowing you to awaken twice in a row. She is the only character in the entire game with this item.
Yeah, he knows.