Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #41
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Masashi Kishimoto vs Akira Toriyama

Naruto stopped being about ninjas mid to end of part 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #42
TheJaceX
Chunin Exam Proctor

TheJaceX is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TheJaceX is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TheJaceX is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TheJaceX is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

okay I went to a naruto vs DBZ debate. The Naruto fans were stubborn the DBZ fans thought that everything required insults and swear words. that is my basis. Dragonball was not my childhood InuYasha was. honestly people keep calling everything knock-offs of everything else, well there is only so many ideas in the world.

Dont come to a naruto forums just to hate on naruto
TheJaceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #43
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead327 View Post
Naruto is about "ninjas" who have super powers and aren't really ninjas.
you need to post more

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #44
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead327 View Post
Naruto is about "ninjas" who have super powers and aren't really ninjas.
Hattori Hanzo would turn in his grave if he'd knew about this.

I know it's fiction but I really don't see the point of the idea that they're supposed to be Ninja's yet they little to none behave that way.=/

Quote:
Neither series stand in the same realm as one piece. One piece takes a dump on both in the plot department.
That's not hard for the likes of One Piece considering it's probably the best Shounen currently.
I never read HxH cause I heard how many hiatus' it takes though so I can only go by rep that it's suppose to rival OP.
Personally I think OP needs to watch out for Shingeki no Kyojin though.
Never read a Manga which is categorized under Shounen yet it does pretty much everything different from the usual ones.

Ontopic:
I give this to Kishimoto but only due to a more complex story.
Though neither can hold a candle to Oda or Isayama.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #45
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Hattori Hanzo would turn in his grave if he'd knew about this.

I know it's fiction but I really don't see the point of the idea that they're supposed to be Ninja's yet they little to none behave that way.=/
The story is about ninjas. The main protagonist just so happened to a character that goes against all their ideals and strives to change the system. Also all of their powers for the most part are based off of japenese mythology involving ninjas. Kishimoto just so happens to do coke when he draws them.

Quote:
That's not hard for the likes of One Piece considering it's probably the best Shounen currently.
I never read HxH cause I heard how many hiatus' it takes though so I can only go by rep that it's suppose to rival OP.
Personally I think OP needs to watch out for Shingeki no Kyojin though.
Never read a Manga which is categorized under Shounen yet it does pretty much everything different from the usual ones.

Ontopic:
I give this to Kishimoto but only due to a more complex story.
Though neither can hold a candle to Oda or Isayama.
One piece has the original spirit of db. The former kid Goku days. Oda expanded on that influence and made it better.

HxH really isn't a shounen. The ideals of the protoganist and the characters surrounding him are warped. It seems more like a seinen. But it's still a good story. Better than op in my opinion. But it will fail due to the fact it's always on hiatus.
Devils Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #46
cnorwood
Special Jonin Candidate

cnorwood saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i still dont get it
He has blonde hair, dresses in orange, his attacks make big explosions, he can summon humungous frogs, he screams alot, he his really clumsy outside of battle, he screams his name and where he lives all the time, he can turn into a screaming beast who destroys alot of stuff. how does that =ninja

anyway the plot is getting bad, from the way it looks sasuke is going to be a bad guy for no reason what so ever
cnorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #47
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorwood View Post
i still dont get it
He has blonde hair, dresses in orange, his attacks make big explosions, he can summon humungous frogs, he screams alot, he his really clumsy outside of battle, he screams his name and where he lives all the time, he can turn into a screaming beast who destroys alot of stuff. how does that =ninja
Show me a chapter where he is still loud and clumsy. That character no longer exist. The ninja portion was just a basis for the powers. Since when is db about martial arts. Since when is khr about the mafia. Since when is one piece about pirates. What kind of pirate saves people and create earthquakes.

Quote:
anyway the plot is getting bad, from the way it looks sasuke is going to be a bad guy for no reason what so ever
That is almost every series in existence. They start off strong and end badly. Novels and movies are usually the only ones exempt from this.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #48
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Perhaps they should have all worn black, would that have changed anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorwood View Post
i still dont get it
This is Part 2 Naruto not Part 1 Naruto, you are looking at the wrong place.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #49
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
you need to post more
Excuse me?

I have posted a lot, but just in places that don't count post count.

I would have around 2000+ posts technically by now.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #50
Fukai Tsumi
Apprentice Genin

Fukai Tsumi saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Kishimoto wins, imo. Akira has the disadvantage of having made DBZ and DBGT. Dragonball was fine, but after that he obviously became mentally ill or something, so Kishimoto would have ample time to viscerally tear him apart for the horror he unleashed in the form of really terrible shounen anime.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #51
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

^^Ha, there are no words to describe the worthless piece of manga Naruto has become. It started off pretty good, even though I was a little weary about the chakra part, but now it's just too much. Dear God, there are so many super powers, monsters, and speeches, I thought I was reading a generic version of DBZ, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh all in one. Toriyama is easily better than Kishimoto.

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #52
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxHead View Post
Excuse me?

I have posted a lot, but just in places that don't count post count.

I would have around 2000+ posts technically by now.
sorry bit late to reply to this but I meant "you need to post more in this section"

I wasn't calling you an inactifag Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukai Tsumi View Post
Kishimoto wins, imo. Akira has the disadvantage of having made DBZ and DBGT. Dragonball was fine, but after that he obviously became mentally ill or something, so Kishimoto would have ample time to viscerally tear him apart for the horror he unleashed in the form of really terrible shounen anime.
okay GT wasn't made by Toriyama and the guy has retconned it out of canon to the dbz anime

any way can you explain to be objectively why Kishimoto a guy who writes bland stu characters or mentally unbalanced lunatics. defends nazi like ideals and prejudice and elitism is...somehow a better writer than AT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
^^Ha, there are no words to describe the worthless piece of manga Naruto has become. It started off pretty good, even though I was a little weary about the chakra part, but now it's just too much. Dear God, there are so many super powers, monsters, and speeches, I thought I was reading a generic version of DBZ, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh all in one. Toriyama is easily better than Kishimoto.
This post is awesome

also welcome back

I would also add part 1 Naruto with all the intrigue and interesting characters was better than Dragon Ball..or at least more interesting to someone into world building and the politics of the land..Part one ends..on a downer not because Sasuke kicked Naruto's rear end or anything but because Uchiha author wank starts here...and post time skip Naruto has been garbage

Old 11-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #53
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Naruot serves it's purpose. If you are looking for an award winning storyline you shouldn't be reading shounen jump at all. But if you are looking to read a story about generic monsters and generic manga bad guys then its ok. Comics in general hardly have any good storylines anyways. Db was basically about a martial arts superman.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #54
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
Naruot serves it's purpose. If you are looking for an award winning storyline you shouldn't be reading shounen jump at all. But if you are looking to read a story about generic monsters and generic manga bad guys then its ok. Comics in general hardly have any good storylines anyways. Db was basically about a martial arts superman.
OP disagrees.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #55
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

^Touche but Op has been running yawn worthy tales lately too. The crack babies was a nice touch but other than that everything after the skip is not that interesting. It is interesting enough for a shounen though.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #56
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

what crack babies?

Old 11-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #57
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

The kids addicted to some drugs that ceasar gave them in op. You read op right?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #58
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

This thread made LOL so much

I haven't watched DBZ since between the ages of 6-8
I've never read the manga either

But I give this to Akira. Why? Because Naruto is heroin to me. I want to stop watching it but I can't and my heart can't take it. From what I remember, DBZ has never hurt me other than the powerups that take so damn long to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #59
Fukai Tsumi
Apprentice Genin

Fukai Tsumi saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I apologize, I wasn't aware of the situation with GT.

However, saying that Kishimoto writes bland characters isn't really a valid argument when he's being compared against Toriyama. Every single DBZ character is a testosterone-poisoned idiot-hero or a generic as hell 'mwuhaha world domination/destruction' villain. Compare Itachi, Asuma, Shikamaru, Nagato, Anko, CBA to list any more...

Oh, also, one shameful admission: I do not follow either manga, only the anime adaptations. I dislike comics, books shouldn't have pictures.

EDIT: Oh, and here's more: Someone mentioned Naruto being 'generic' and having 'so many super powers'. I'll admit there are elements of this, but really? When we're talking about DBZ at teh same time, you target Naruto with those comments? Saiyans are really powerful! Now there's Super Saiyan too! Oh look, Super saiyan 2, how original. Super Saiyan 3, really? Okay, 4 is just taking the Mick, right? Then there's Fusion (HA!), which is just about the lamest and cheapest method of power-up ever. Oh, and Frieza sits there and does nothing as Goku takes 500,000 episodes to charge his spirit bomb. *slow clap*

Yeah, amazing writing skills, Toriyama has not.

Last edited by Fukai Tsumi; 11-28-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Fukai Tsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #60
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

err wait what/ Vegeta, piccolo and Gohan all had very well written character development that took more than single arc it was real growth for a random fighting manga that's a rare gem

Naruto has no character growth besides Gaara (who is amazing in that department) Kishimoto has warped his entire universe to fit his uchiha fetish even Toby's motivations turn out to be petty beyond all logic

and his partners were an emotional cripple and a egotistical lunatic with a messiah complex- no growth there..oh wait no pain had growth but it was poorly written and horribly executed