Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

View Poll Results: After reading this, do you at least consider the Obito theory plausible?
Yes 18 43.90%
No 23 56.10%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
TobiUchiha111
Super Banned
 
TobiUchiha111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ????????
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 0
TobiUchiha111 has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.
Default Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

Okay, I know many don't think Tobi is Obito. Therefore, i shall give ultimate, definitive, undeniably incredible proof that the masked man, is in fact, Uchiha Obito.

Firstly, the big "Tobi Reveal" is only exciting and climactic, if the readers AND the characters in the manga, recognize the man behind the mask. This will create a huge amount of shock value and will come to wonder how Uchiha Obito came to be Tobi. Since Tobi's identity has been hidden so long, it makes sense that we should be shocked by whoever it is. Plus, we, the audience, and the characters in the manga, should recognize him. This will create emotional trauma in the characters. Now at this point I guess people will be saying, "Well, Naruto won't recognize Obito!" True, however, there are no logical candidates to be Tobi that Naruto would recognize anyway, so that argument is invalid. Plus, I think it would work better if Naruto doesn't recognize Tobi's true identity, because this symbolizes Tobi and Naruto's clashing ideals, not whether Naruto recognizes him or not. As for who will recognize him, Kakashi, obviously, Lol.

Since Obito was originally an exact parallel to Naruto, an evil Obito would therefore make the best final villain(besides Sasuke)for Naruto. Plus, what would be the shock of it being someone we don't instantly recognize? I mean, if it IS Obito, recognition should be easy as half his face should be crushed and half should be fine.

A common argument against the Obito theory is "Why would Obito turn evil? He was good!" Well, my answer to that is, of course we don't know WHY he is doing this. If we did, that would be a give away of him being Tobi. His motivation will likely be revealed AFTER the reveal of him being Tobi.

Another thing: go to Naruto chapter 515 and go to page 3. it is a color page with the Konoha Eleven in war uniforms. Looking above Naruto is an enlarged picture of Tobi's head/mask. If you look carefully through the eyeholes, you will see that under the right side of his face(the side with his sharingan) there are wrinkles/scars and on the other side, no such wrinkles/scars are visible. Now why would Kishi show that deep into one of his mask holes, and not the other?


Something else that's suspicious is that Kishi has never explained how Rin died or how Kakashi got his mangekyo, when he could have easily have had Kakashi explain how he got mangekyo when he first got it and tell how Rin died in the databook. We are missing a major flashback! And we will most likely get it eventually, but it has to occur at a time that makes sense and has something to do with what's happening around it. Tobi being Obito, would make the most sense to be what triggers this flashback.

And, in regards to Tobi's mask I find it strange how he picked orange of all colors, especially since very few characters in this manga wear orange. You'd think he would choose a more threatening color. It seems more like a personal preference if you ask me.


Now, here some more stuff that proves that Obito is probably the most logical and dramatic choice for Tobi:

Back in part 1, itachi told sasuke in a flashback that there was a third Sharingan user. Now, we all now that he was talking about Tobi, which means that Kishi would have had Tobi's identity set from the start. Now, who was already created by Kishi at that time, who is a plausible Tobi candidate? Obito. If Tobi is Kagami or one of those sons or anyone introduced way after him, then Kishi would have talked about them more. Obviously Kishi had to have Obito in his mind since we already knew kakashi had his sharingan. I think that Kishi intended Obito to be the main villain from the beginning. If it were someone like Kagami or the sons or something, why not mention them sooner or talk about them more often.

There's got to be a reason that gaiden and Tobi's first apearance are seperated by the Gaara rescue arc. And tobi and obito are both shown to be clumsy in their first apearances. Also, who the hell else besides Obito would be able to pull off a silly act like that? All these people can't explain why Tobi's space-time only comes from his right eye. And why his mask is suspiciously the same color as Tobi's mask, insisting a similar color preference.

Also, Tobi wore his akatsuki ring on his left hand, while obito held his Kunai with his left hand, this could mean that they're both lefties.

When kakashi was dying after his battle with pain, he was remembering Obito and thinking how he broke his promise and couldn't save Rin. This could be part of obito's motive. it could also be why kakashi said everyone close to him was dead. it's because Obito keeps killing them all to get revenge for him not protecting Rin. Combined with his hatred for war and being crushed by a huge boulder, I could see Madara being able to corrupt him and make him turn evil. Also, remember that sharingan glare he gave Kakashi? these things are called foreshadowing. Authors use it all the time, guys.
Another example of foreshadowing is in chapter 567. Tobi says, "Kakashi Hatake, excellent observation. Good eye. Now, excuse me while I try and act a bit tough." The part that shocked my was the acting tough part. Tobi seems to be really confident in his abilities. So, to say that around Kakashi he must ahve a reason that triggered him to say such a suspicious thing.

Why would kakashi randomly mention that he broke his promise to protect Rin? Kishi had to be hinting at something.

And we've already seen bits of the left side of his face in chapter 486 and 510 and it doesn't apear to have any wrinkles/scars:

In the first one of those links, why would Kishi draw those wrinkles/scars on one side but not the left?Maybe he was hinting at something?

Plus, Kishi can be very obvious sometimes, like how minato was obiously Naruto's dad. So, the same might hold the same for Tobi being obito.

Obito also fits the best thematically. For example: a running theme in this manga is for students to surpass their mentors. Thematically, it would make sense if Obito surpassed his. At least in terms of Space-time ninjutsu. Here are some examples of when Tobi's space-time ninjutsu was stated to be greater than Minato's: chapter 356 and chapter 503, I believe.

And also, obito was an exact paralel to Naruto. He had naruto's color scheme of orange and blue except reversed. Now, why would kishi make Obito so like naruto? Because an evil Obito would make a great antagonist and anti-theses to Naruto. think about it.

So, there's my take on Tobi being Obito. Hope you enjoyed.

I am gratefull to anyone who managed to read this all the this. (After all, if you can't read a group of paragraphs, God only knows how you'll read a simple chapter book)

Last edited by TobiUchiha111; 05-05-2012 at 05:19 PM.
TobiUchiha111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Maruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,419
Rep Power: 61
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi May In Fact Be Uchiha Obito

Delete the links, dude, or you'll get banned!

I don't think it's Obito, Obito died, end of story.
He was just a side character made up by Kishi as an explanation of Kakashi's Sharingan.

Why would Obito attack Konoha? How was Obito able to control Kyuubi?
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Narutorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Posts: 1,956
Rep Power: 10
Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi May In Fact Be Uchiha Obito

You can't have those links up BTW. Tobi is too old to be Obito, as we already seen part of his face, not to mention Tobi was a full adult when fighting Minato, Obito would had been the same age as Kakashi, who was a teen at the time.
Narutorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,468
Rep Power: 12
Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi May In Fact Be Uchiha Obito

The only thing that stops Tobi being Obito is that Obito's dead, and that there are other amazing theories that make more sense than Obito's.

For example : Tobi = Izuna ; Tobi = Fugaku ; Tobi = Kagami.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Maruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,419
Rep Power: 61
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi May In Fact Be Uchiha Obito

Tobi being Obito is like me being my own father.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forward-Down-Forward-Y
Posts: 11,620
Rep Power: 20
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi May In Fact Be Uchiha Obito

The title of your thread is self-defeating, you really can't say you have concrete proof of something and then fallow it with "May be" That's just silly.

And none of the characters would need to recognize Tobi on a 1 on 1 basis to have the effect of shock. Case in point, if Tobi is an Uchiha everyone should recognize this fact and be shocked because they were all supposed to be dead. I mean hell I don't need to know a Unicorn on a first name basis to be mystified when I see one.

As far as the "Kishi knowing this well in advance," meh, there's nothing there of definitive proof and i'm not sure how that's even suppose to support your argument.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
TobiUchiha111
Super Banned
 
TobiUchiha111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ????????
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 0
TobiUchiha111 has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi May In Fact Be Uchiha Obito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Maruko View Post
Delete the links, dude, or you'll get banned!

I don't think it's Obito, Obito died, end of story.
He was just a side character made up by Kishi as an explanation of Kakashi's Sharingan.

Why would Obito attack Konoha? How was Obito able to control Kyuubi?
Oh, sorry. you see, I've mostly been on Naruoforums.com recently which has no rules against any links or anything like that. I guess I just got the rules of both forums mixed up. Also, how else will Kakashi's mangekyo or Rin's death be explained? If you read tha theory, I said that we won't know Obito's motivation until after the reveal. All that is required to control the Kyuubi is uchiha and senju DNA. If Tobi is obito, then he would have had both at the time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutorious View Post
Tobi is too old to be Obito, as we already seen part of his face, not to mention Tobi was a full adult when fighting Minato, Obito would had been the same age as Kakashi, who was a teen at the time.
Surely you can comprehend what a large boulder can do to someone :/ And have you seen how tall Kakashi and guy were at that time? They were as tall as Minato from the looks of it. Obito could be around that age too. Itachi killed his clan when he was 14 and he looked like a full grown adult.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyūbi no Yōko View Post
The only thing that stops Tobi being Obito is that Obito's dead, and that there are other amazing theories that make more sense than Obito's.

For example : Tobi = Izuna ; Tobi = Fugaku ; Tobi = Kagami.
That's all you've got? obito is dead? I thought we were all past simple stuff like this by now.... Anyway, there are numerous ways in which obito could have survived. As for Tobi being Izuna, that's very plausible and I personally love that theory. Kagami, I used to think so until a few days ago when I found out that his eyelids are completely different than Tobi's. Plus, he's ust way too random to make a decent twist. And Fugaku? Come on man. If Fugaku were still alive, he'd be around 50, not old enough to have "wrinkles" like tobi does. Plus, his height and weight is different than Tobi's. Eyeshape is also different. And, why would Tobi show part of his face to Sasuke if Sasuke could recognize him? And how would Fugaku have grown his hair so long in one day? It would be a nice twist IMO, but it doesn't seem plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi View Post
The title of your thread is self-defeating, you really can't say you have concrete proof of something and then fallow it with "May be" That's just silly.

And none of the characters would need to recognize Tobi on a 1 on 1 basis to have the effect of shock. Case in point, if Tobi is an Uchiha everyone should recognize this fact and be shocked because they were all supposed to be dead. I mean hell I don't need to know a Unicorn on a first name basis to be mystified when I see one.

As far as the "Kishi knowing this well in advance," meh, there's nothing there of definitive proof and i'm not sure how that's even suppose to support your argument.
That whole "Kishi knowing this well in advance" thing was just icing on the cake for the theory. Also, I'm prety sure everyone still suspects Tobi to be an Uchiha. So, him actually being any one would be no surpise JUST because he's an Uchiha.

Last edited by TobiUchiha111; 05-05-2012 at 05:44 PM.
TobiUchiha111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
calinarutoguy
Ninja Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 38
Rep Power: 0
calinarutoguy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

You're telling me that in a matter of say like 5 to 10 years, Obito goes from a guy who can barely use his sharingan, to a guy who masters it, is so good he can fight Minato to a stand still (despite being younger than him), and randomly knows all about how to control the nine-tailed fox? There are so many reaches one would have to make to say Obito is Tobi it is not even funny.

For shock factor, what makes much more sense is if Tobi was Sasuke and Itachi's father. I always found it suspicious that an Uchiha who arguably born the two most powerful uchiha's in history (Sasuke and Itachi) could be so easily killed. He was the head of the Uchiha clan for heaven's sake and he's so easily killed by a teenage Itachi? Doesn't make sense.

The only thing that gives me pause really for Obito = Tobi is that Tobi, who is missing the same eye Obito lost, seems to have an advanced version of Kumai, the same jutsu Kakashi has (which he took from Obito). That's seems pretty coincidental. However, there are so many other problems with the comparison that I just have to believe it is a coincidence.
calinarutoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #9
UchiHa_AsH
Chunin Exam Participant
 
UchiHa_AsH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Who Know's :D
Posts: 588
Rep Power: 7
UchiHa_AsH has completed a tough C-rank mission!UchiHa_AsH has completed a tough C-rank mission!UchiHa_AsH has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via MSN to UchiHa_AsH Send a message via Skype™ to UchiHa_AsH
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

Also the part you stated about him being tall. They were not nearly as tall as minato....they were alot smaller. Also Obito was a fail with his sharingan...in such a little time he could not have mastered all that. Also he had short hair...he could not have grown such long hair in short time.

Itachi was always tall...Obito was short. Like the poster before me said the only thing that would make me think of Obito being Tobi is that his other eye wasn't visible back then...however...he clearly used his the other eye which he had under the mask for Izanagi againts Konan. So... that also falls apart.

The theory that has me believing the most atm the is the theory that Tobi is not an Uchiha but actually somebody completely else. Somebody that has not yet been introduced to the story yet. That is my solid belief at this point.
__________________
The Village Hidden in the Amazon.
The Village Hidden in the MoonLight
Gabriel: Trustworthy partner and a strong fighter
UchiHa_AsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #10
Dunkin
Genin Elite
 
Dunkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: with Madara :B
Posts: 411
Rep Power: 9
Dunkin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Dunkin Send a message via Yahoo to Dunkin Send a message via Skype™ to Dunkin
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

You can not have concrete evidence unless you are...Kishimoto. He is clearly the ONLY person who knows who Tobi is.

Seriously I'm sick to death of hearing about this crap. I mean its great to debate yes, but come on, lets be realistic here. We're not going to know who he is until kishimoto is ready to show us. End of story.

Its stupid to argue about such things cus none of us will know till its time for us to. So lets just sit back and enjoy the Anime/Manga until then! Yes?
__________________
Uchiha Madara FTW! He rules all, yus!
Dunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #11
K3nsh!n
Genin
 
K3nsh!n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Used to be the "Pure World"...recently ET'd!
Posts: 326
Rep Power: 6
K3nsh!n saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!K3nsh!n saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi May In Fact Be Uchiha Obito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiUchiha111 View Post
And Fugaku? Come on man. If Fugaku were still alive, he'd be around 50, not old enough to have "wrinkles" like tobi does. Plus, his height and weight is different than Tobi's. Eyeshape is also different. And, why would Tobi show part of his face to Sasuke if Sasuke could recognize him? And how would Fugaku have grown his hair so long in one day? It would be a nice twist IMO, but it doesn't seem plausible.
I don't get what you mean by "50, not old enough to have wrinkles"

From the wikia:
----------Tobi|Fugaku
.Height 175cm|175.3cm
Weight 55.9kg|63.1Kg
From what I see there is not much difference...
Weight can be easily explained. Fugaku lost some-maybe he went on diet?

As for difference in height, it's barely 0.3cm- not even noticeable, so it doesn't even count...
Still if you wondering, it's easily accountable...
Fugaku had long hair, Tobi has short hair
Cutting his hair short explains that 0.3cm difference...
I mean, even if you flatten the hair while measuring height having long or short hair still affects the measurement...

As for why would Tobi show part of try to show his face to Sasuke if Sasuke could recognize him:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3nsh!n View Post
...
What further drew my attention is that he attempted to gain Sasuke's trust by trying to show him his face...
Now what advantage would have that been?
True, one would be likely to believe someone whose face you have seen slightly more than one whose face you haven't, but the fact still remains that in either case that person is still a stranger! And one would normally distrust any stranger, all the more if that person is talking about your family's secrets ...

Even if Tobi had been Madara and shown Sasuke his face, would it have really made much difference? Sasuke never knew Madara to begin with...
On the other hand if Sasuke saw that Tobi was his father, he would have readily believed anything Tobi told him! Sasuke would then have become a devoted son, and done anything Tobi said without any objections/questions!! And Tobi would then have gained a valuable and loyal pawn as Nagato's replacement!

It's a different story altogether that Tobi did manage to gain Sasuke's trust and convince him about Itachi's truth without revealing his true identity...
Read my Tobi is Fugaku theory
After reading it, tell me if you at least consider the Fugaku theory plausible?

EDIT: When did Fugaku/Tobi grew his hair long in one day?
__________________
"Just because you desire something doesn't mean you will get it; but if you don't desire it-you will never get it!!"

Last edited by K3nsh!n; 05-06-2012 at 02:02 AM.
K3nsh!n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #12
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Narutorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Posts: 1,956
Rep Power: 10
Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi May In Fact Be Uchiha Obito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiUchiha111 View Post
Surely you can comprehend what a large boulder can do to someone :/ And have you seen how tall Kakashi and guy were at that time? They were as tall as Minato from the looks of it. Obito could be around that age too. Itachi killed his clan when he was 14 and he looked like a full grown adult.
They weren't nearly as tall, you can tell during the flashback that they are teenagers, & Itachi look the same because he was always a teen/young adult throughout majority of the series, but Itachi still wasn't as tall as an average adult, at least in part 1.

Last edited by Narutorious; 05-06-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Narutorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,242
Rep Power: 12
Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

Tobi is not Obito. That fact has been proven. I am sick and tired of seeing one thread a day about this stupid theory that I'm sure the admins will resort to draconian measures to stop these being posted. Your theory is so flawed, it's not even funny.
__________________
Regards,
~ Sajuuk
--------
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost
 
Space Cowboy Sasori's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 17,494
Rep Power: 20
Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

I think it's because their hair is the same way.

it only makes sense.
__________________

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Space Cowboy Sasori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
nine-tails chakra armor
Apprentice Genin
 
nine-tails chakra armor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: where you will never find me
Posts: 121
Rep Power: 6
nine-tails chakra armor saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

dont wanna be mean but this will def dethrone your idea. 1 fact tobi and masked man are the same minato said so. minato is obito's sensei wouldnt in the fight between them minato sense that it was obito.

hes my idea on who he is. we know of madara, and his brother. they had to have learned from someone. could it be that tobi is actually madaras father. think about it he should know all the things madara does and the fight between madara and the first. its never said if his father died or not. probally mumbo jumbo but its possiable. but even if its not how awsome would that be. or another idea of mine is that tobi is the uchiha son of the sage of six paths. cool huh
nine-tails chakra armor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
Belisarius
Academy Graduate
 
Belisarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 62
Rep Power: 5
Belisarius saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

No one has anyway of knowing for sure. Until Kishi makes the official reveal, anything is possible, and we can't rule any theory out entirely.

Personally I think it's madara's soul in a zetsu clone.
Belisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
Otocon
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Otocon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Some where with Medlnic15 Enjoying our time together
Posts: 594
Rep Power: 5
Otocon saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Otocon Send a message via Yahoo to Otocon
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

Well yes and no if it is.....well it goes without saying
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Otocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #18
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,468
Rep Power: 12
Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko
Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

No, no, Obito is Tobi because he had only one hole for an eye in the Orange Mask, same side Obito got crushed on, also, we remember that side had the Sharingan.

BEST THEORY EVAAAH.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom
Moderator
 
Jakropha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geilinor, amassing many geepees
Posts: 8,697
Rep Power: 33
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

I think Tobi is Obito, because they share common letters in their name!!!

Hoe emjesus! Maybe Tobi is Obito, because I have an addiction to fruit pies!
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #20
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month
 
kalmeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Yttik A Ni Neddih Egalliv
Posts: 3,501
Rep Power: 25
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Concrete Evidence That Tobi Is In Fact Uchiha Obito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiUchiha111 View Post
Okay, I know many don't think Tobi is Obito. Therefore, i shall give ultimate, definitive, undeniably incredible proof that the masked man, is in fact, Uchiha Obito.

Firstly, the big "Tobi Reveal" is only exciting and climactic, if the readers AND the characters in the manga, recognize the man behind the mask. This will create a huge amount of shock value and will come to wonder how Uchiha Obito came to be Tobi. Since Tobi's identity has been hidden so long, it makes sense that we should be shocked by whoever it is. Plus, we, the audience, and the characters in the manga, should recognize him. This will create emotional trauma in the characters. Now at this point I guess people will be saying, "Well, Naruto won't recognize Obito!" True, however, there are no logical candidates to be Tobi that Naruto would recognize anyway, so that argument is invalid. Plus, I think it would work better if Naruto doesn't recognize Tobi's true identity, because this symbolizes Tobi and Naruto's clashing ideals, not whether Naruto recognizes him or not. As for who will recognize him, Kakashi, obviously, Lol.
If u got rid of all this part above, u'd have less wall of text and more readers...it's important ppl read what u gotta say...simply wise...

Since Obito was originally an exact parallel to Naruto, an evil Obito would therefore make the best final villain(besides Sasuke)for Naruto. Plus, what would be the shock of it being someone we don't instantly recognize? I mean, if it IS Obito, recognition should be easy as half his face should be crushed and half should be fine.
I agree Obito paralleled Naruto as Kakashi paralleled sasuke, but while Kakashi remains good, obito goes Evil...exact opposite of naruto and Sasuke. That's an nteresting set-up!

A common argument against the Obito theory is "Why would Obito turn evil? He was good!" Well, my answer to that is, of course we don't know WHY he is doing this. If we did, that would be a give away of him being Tobi. His motivation will likely be revealed AFTER the reveal of him being Tobi.
I always thought saying "why would obito turn evil" was always a foolish argument against Tobi = Obito theorist. It's like someone who watches Naruto part 1 till Sasuke vs Gaara and stops watching then later on hear's Sasuke is evil then they make arguments like "How can a good sasuke become evil"...
That, fellow non-obito = Tobi believers rather short-sighted. there are jutsus that can passively alter a persons mind...right?

Another thing: go to Naruto chapter 515 and go to page 3. it is a color page with the Konoha Eleven in war uniforms. Looking above Naruto is an enlarged picture of Tobi's head/mask. If you look carefully through the eyeholes, you will see that under the right side of his face(the side with his sharingan) there are wrinkles/scars and on the other side, no such wrinkles/scars are visible. Now why would Kishi show that deep into one of his mask holes, and not the other?
This sir, is inaccurate...it's only one line we see which is consistent with his left eye also. it's the line of an eye-lobe unique to madara also. danzo has that eye lobe too only it's bigger and fatter. It's no wrinkle. But i know He has a wrinkle like skin around his cheek bone.

Something else that's suspicious is that Kishi has never explained how Rin died or how Kakashi got his mangekyo, when he could have easily have had Kakashi explain how he got mangekyo when he first got it and tell how Rin died in the databook. We are missing a major flashback! And we will most likely get it eventually, but it has to occur at a time that makes sense and has something to do with what's happening around it. Tobi being Obito, would make the most sense to be what triggers this flashback.
That's not up to you, kishi decides to explains things when necessary...how kakashi gained his MS has nothing to do with Tobi's identity...This point is not useful to ur theory only makes it longer.

And, in regards to Tobi's mask I find it strange how he picked orange of all colors, especially since very few characters in this manga wear orange. You'd think he would choose a more threatening color. It seems more like a personal preference if you ask me.
lol...this is interesting. i like it. perhaps tobi wears his mask to keep of dust from entering his eyes???

Now, here some more stuff that proves that Obito is probably the most logical and dramatic choice for Tobi:
Yes, obito would prob be most dramatic character cus it'd add most dynamism to Tobi's but....is he?

Back in part 1, itachi told sasuke in a flashback that there was a third Sharingan user. Now, we all now that he was talking about Tobi, which means that Kishi would have had Tobi's identity set from the start. Now, who was already created by Kishi at that time, who is a plausible Tobi candidate? Obito. If Tobi is Kagami or one of those sons or anyone introduced way after him, then Kishi would have talked about them more. Obviously Kishi had to have Obito in his mind since we already knew kakashi had his sharingan. I think that Kishi intended Obito to be the main villain from the beginning. If it were someone like Kagami or the sons or something, why not mention them sooner or talk about them more often.
This is quite a smart look at things...very smart. This is only valued considering Kishi takes a logical trend like this one. On the other hand, What itachi said to sasuke earlier was in account to Madara (as itachi believed it to be) and not Tobi. Yes, the mention of obito has occurred a lot more times than necessary; even kurunai mentions "are those flowers for obito" way before we see him...
There's got to be a reason that gaiden and Tobi's first apearance are seperated by the Gaara rescue arc. And tobi and obito are both shown to be clumsy in their first apearances. Also, who the hell else besides Obito would be able to pull off a silly act like that? All these people can't explain why Tobi's space-time only comes from his right eye. And why his mask is suspiciously the same color as Tobi's mask, insisting a similar color preference.
Yea...that's a strong point also...Was it important to show Obito before introducing Tobi for the first time? could it be to divert our attention to obito and miss out on Tobi's real identity...Well, what'd be the gain, even without that Kakashi gaiden, there's no one else to divert out attention to at that time, so why go through the trouble? Yes, Suspicious

Also, Tobi wore his akatsuki ring on his left hand, while obito held his Kunai with his left hand, this could mean that they're both lefties.
This here is untrue, though u have a keen observation ur research isn't at thorough... Kisame wields samehada with his right hand and yet his ring is on his left...he aint lefty is he?
When kakashi was dying after his battle with pain, he was remembering Obito and thinking how he broke his promise and couldn't save Rin. This could be part of obito's motive. it could also be why kakashi said everyone close to him was dead. it's because Obito keeps killing them all to get revenge for him not protecting Rin. Combined with his hatred for war and being crushed by a huge boulder, I could see Madara being able to corrupt him and make him turn evil. Also, remember that sharingan glare he gave Kakashi? these things are called foreshadowing. Authors use it all the time, guys.
Although Madara could find Obito and train him, Its so unbelievable that obito would be able to pressure Minato and control the Kuubi like that. The gap between obito's death and Kuubi attack is 2 years Maximum. Obito would be 15 yrs. Firstly in two yrs, he'd need time to recover, then he'll need time to train, to be good enough to fight the strongest kage. And so forth so that'd be unrealistic on my account. But kishi is an irrational man who can pull that off by some idiotic explanation if he want and we the fans CANNOT say jack... Like he pulled out Kin/Gin eating K's meat and gaining his chakra

Another example of foreshadowing is in chapter 567. Tobi says, "Kakashi Hatake, excellent observation. Good eye. Now, excuse me while I try and act a bit tough." The part that shocked my was the acting tough part. Tobi seems to be really confident in his abilities. So, to say that around Kakashi he must ahve a reason that triggered him to say such a suspicious thing.
Lol...kakashi always accused Obito for not being tough enough so that statement is very suspicious...true that!

Why would kakashi randomly mention that he broke his promise to protect Rin? Kishi had to be hinting at something.
he's said that on more than one occasion...which chp are u referring to?

And we've already seen bits of the left side of his face in chapter 486 and 510 and it doesn't apear to have any wrinkles/scars:
No we haven't...it has a really dark black patch on his left eye. So nothing would be visible. OTOH, chp 486 pg 5 shows the left side of his back which is a no good evidence.
In the first one of those links, why would Kishi draw those wrinkles/scars on one side but not the left?Maybe he was hinting at something?

Plus, Kishi can be very obvious sometimes, like how minato was obiously Naruto's dad. So, the same might hold the same for Tobi being obito.

Obito also fits the best thematically. For example: a running theme in this manga is for students to surpass their mentors. Thematically, it would make sense if Obito surpassed his. At least in terms of Space-time ninjutsu. Here are some examples of when Tobi's space-time ninjutsu was stated to be greater than Minato's: chapter 356 and chapter 503, I believe.
this is irrelevant since the same could be said of kagami and Tobirama, whose argument is even stronger

And also, obito was an exact paralel to Naruto. He had naruto's color scheme of orange and blue except reversed. Now, why would kishi make Obito so like naruto? Because an evil Obito would make a great antagonist and anti-theses to Naruto. think about it.
This is what i mean...u're repeating urself, making ur thread longer...cut out from that character and be concise.

So, there's my take on Tobi being Obito. Hope you enjoyed.
yes, i enjoyed it very much! although i don't completely discount the idea, i dont believe obito would be Tobi. It'd be the biggest OPPnJ...Over-Powered Plot no Jutsu.

I am gratefull to anyone who managed to read this all the this. (After all, if you can't read a group of paragraphs, God only knows how you'll read a simple chapter book)
Yes, you sir, is welcome to Viz... we're unlike those other bull-headed forums with their egos beyond dead-people. at least if u dont find any reasonable ppl here there's 1 or 2. disregard the insults and write/ post whatever is on ur mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3nsh!n View Post
I don't get what you mean by "50, not old enough to have wrinkles"
Those wrinkles i.e. if they are must be older than 50. Jiraiya was 54, had no signs of such heavy wrinkles...know what i mean...could fugaku have developed such strong wrinkles in a mere 10 years?
Perhaps NOT.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kazekage View Post
Tobi is not Obito. That fact has been proven. I am sick and tired of seeing one thread a day about this stupid theory that I'm sure the admins will resort to draconian measures to stop these being posted. Your theory is so flawed, it's not even funny.
lol...when was such a fact proven...remind me? not that i support it but, it's not a stupid theory and never had been.
ppl who said Obito is dead, end of story are being a bit commonplace when it comes to Naruto manga...Gaara's death was more concrete that Obito's but yet, here is it. back to live fighting with the kage's. To discount possibility of obito being alive is short-sighted i think.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
No one has anyway of knowing for sure. Until Kishi makes the official reveal, anything is possible, and we can't rule any theory out entirely.
yea, this is the mindset most ppl should adopt...it's wise.

And of those who profess that obito is too weak and couldn't even wield his sharingan? that's no argument at all. When sasuke first awakened his sharingan, he had 1 tomoe in each eye. I'm certain this is the case for most. Obito's first awakening was two tomoe in each eye which could imply he has a greater potential... Having Madara as sensei could make someone like obito really strong in a short period of time. The only discounting facter is the 1 - 2 years gap b/n his death and fighting Minato + controlling Kuubi. That's just too much advancement.
__________________
Hashi's DNA + FTG = Time Travel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.

Last edited by kalmeast; 05-07-2012 at 04:23 PM.
kalmeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boulder, mask, naruto, ninjutsu, obito, sasuke, senju, space-time, tobi, uchiha


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.