Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #261
Chidori of Death
Special Jonin Candidate

Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chidori of Death has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Chidori of Death Send a message via Yahoo to Chidori of Death
Default Re: Movie Review: How was the last movie you saw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentShayd View Post
I to saw the Hunger Games. The difference is I had no idea this was a book series nor anything about it all until my friend told me about it. I went to see just because, I had no expectations since I knew nothing of the story. I thought it was pretty good. I have seen worse movies and better movies. My friend has read the books and he loves the books and liked the movie. He also picked out little things like deadtaka did as well.

I admit I cried in it when a certain character dies. It was extremely sad. Anyways I find this story/movie while interesting and creative, extremely morbid. I give the Hunger Games a 7 and 1/2/10
I'm guessing you cried when Rue died too...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chidori of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #262
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
20/10
This was one hell of a movie. It constantly keeps you interested and wanting to watch. Great for those that love mystery. I haven't read the book, but I assume by the 2 1/2 hour length, they didn't leave anything out. Plus it being a mystery, that wouldn't be a good idea anyways. I was actually surprised at the ending, didn't see it coming.

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #263
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao

The Ogre
5/10

The special effects of this "horror" movie were poorly made, and the monster looked like it was taken directly out of a low-quality computer game. The story was pretty good, and it was worth the time it took to watch it. But I'm not in my healthies state at the moment, so I'll let anyone who watches it decide for themselves.
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #264
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

AgentShayd completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori of Death View Post
I'm guessing you cried when Rue died too...
Yes I did.. v.v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloukora View Post
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
20/10
This was one hell of a movie. It constantly keeps you interested and wanting to watch. Great for those that love mystery. I haven't read the book, but I assume by the 2 1/2 hour length, they didn't leave anything out. Plus it being a mystery, that wouldn't be a good idea anyways. I was actually surprised at the ending, didn't see it coming.
The foreign version or the American version? I liked them all. It was rough to watch in few spots but pretty good.

I don't remember if I already reviewed The Secret World of Arriety or not, but it was pretty cute. It is based off the book The Borrows in which I had to read when I was in like 4th or 5th grade. It was an amazing animation just like Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. I would recommend seeing it if you like these types of movies. I give it a 8/10. <3

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #265
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
I don't remember if I already reviewed The Secret World of Arriety or not, but it was pretty cute. It is based off the book The Borrows in which I had to read when I was in like 4th or 5th grade. It was an amazing animation just like Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. I would recommend seeing it if you like these types of movies. I give it a 8/10. <3
I remember their being a US live action version of the Borrowers a while back.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #266
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yes I did.. v.v

The foreign version or the American version? I liked them all. It was rough to watch in few spots but pretty good.

The American version, if that's the one that recently came out.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 5/10
I thought the storyline was alright, and the overall movie was okay. But they could have done a lot better, there was just some weird and awkward parts of the movie. Plus the fight with the devil was a bit short. I'd recommend it if you're a fan of the series, just to watch it for the story. I hope they do 3 better, IF they do a 3

Cloukora was here.

Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]

Last edited by Cloukora; 04-05-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #267
Dunkin
Genin Elite

Dunkin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Dunkin Send a message via Yahoo to Dunkin Send a message via Skype™ to Dunkin

"The Cabin in the Woods"
8/10

Dude this movie was pretty epic. Its definitely not what you'd expect going into it. Very creative and original.
It could have ended a tad better (The ending was a tad cheesy) but overall its definitely worth a watch.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:14 AM   #268
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Die Hard quadrilogy
Infinity/10

All 4 were awesome, I can't believe I had never seen them before today. I think they could do a 5th one, but I doubt Bruce would really want to. I laughed at a couple of the earlier ones, when they did the action scenes, cause I noticed the green screen effect thing, when actors were placed in front of the screen, and it showed the black part around them. Anyways, great friggin movies.

Cloukora was here.

[/LEFT]
Old 05-03-2012, 05:05 AM   #269
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Same movie, different versions.

Man Som Hatar Kvinnor (Swedish original)
8/10

A good and very thrilling story with high-quality graphics. Sensentive viewers are warned because the movie includes a rape scene. Other than that, it is recommended for people who enjoy a thrilling story of solving a long-forgotten crime about the disappearance of a young girl. Not the best Swedish movie, but sure a good one.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American remake)
6/10

This was not as good as the original. First of all, the language - the Swedes were speaking to each other in English. And if you don't speak the language of a foreign film, just add subtitles in the language you prefer. I hate it when the movie producers don't have the correct language(s) for a non-English speaking country.
It was the same story, but with new actors. Some scenes were different, and some content had been deleted. Still, it made time pass, and it was quite well made.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #270
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American remake)
6/10

First of all, the language - the Swedes were speaking to each other in English. And if you don't speak the language of a foreign film, just add subtitles in the language you prefer. I hate it when the movie producers don't have the correct language(s) for a non-English speaking country.
Your comment makes no sense. What would be the point of remaking a movie for an American audience if they aren't going to have it in english?
If the studio wanted it in swedish they would have just released the swedish version in theaters instead of completely re-filming the whole thing.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #271
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuki View Post
Your comment makes no sense. What would be the point of remaking a movie for an American audience if they aren't going to have it in english?
If the studio wanted it in swedish they would have just released the swedish version in theaters instead of completely re-filming the whole thing.
It takes the realism out of a movie if the actors doesn't speak the language of whatever country the story takes place in. Refilming the entire movie was useless. Why can't people just be happy with subtitles?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #272
flash0212
Apprentice Genin

flash0212 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Friday
10/10
(i know its not on the list)
Super funny even though its very old i still watch it today!!!
The story taking place in the ghettos is just like the life in the real ghetto lol.
The actors acted very well were comedic,bad,serious etc.

---------<(((o)))>::<(((o)))>---------

PSN:flash0212
flash0212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #273
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Refilming the entire movie was useless. Why can't people just be happy with subtitles?
People want to be able to understand things in their natural language. Seeing a movie should be entertaining and not work. Subtitles distract from the story.

I really don't have a problem with subs, since I use it to watch anime all the time. But I do find it annoying sometimes if I miss something happening on screen because I have to read.

Expecting the mass population to put up with subs just because you feel it takes out realism is absolutely ludicrous, not to mention a horrible business sense for a movie studio. The only successful sub movies that come to the US are the Massive Chinese Epics like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #274
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
People want to be able to understand things in their natural language. Seeing a movie should be entertaining and not work. Subtitles distract from the story.

I really don't have a problem with subs, since I use it to watch anime all the time. But I do find it annoying sometimes if I miss something happening on screen because I have to read.

Expecting the mass population to put up with subs just because you feel it takes out realism is absolutely ludicrous, not to mention a horrible business sense for a movie studio. The only successful sub movies that come to the US are the Massive Chinese Epics like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
If that is true, then dubbing a movie makes much more sense. Refilming the entire story with new actors is just a waste of resources.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #275
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
If that is true, then dubbing a movie makes much more sense. Refilming the entire story with new actors is just a waste of resources.
Only problem with that is that dubbing is terrible with live action. In an anime it is fine because the mouths are just flapping open or other times the character who is speaking isn't facing the viewer or isn't even on screen.

But for live action it is so much more different for them to sync up the voice to the actor and make it match the lip movement. And especially because the words are completely different and use different areas of the mouth to make the intended sound. Usually Live action dubbing makes the movie completely unwatchable.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #276
AgentShayd
Leader of the Demon Wolves
A title awarded to one who has become the Member of the Month of March and a great peapod neighbor

Awards Showcase

Quote:
It takes the realism out of a movie if the actors doesn't speak the language of whatever country the story takes place in. Refilming the entire movie was useless. Why can't people just be happy with subtitles?
Hush your trap... I have seen both versions. I personally HATE reading subtitles when I am trying to get into a movie. It is really annoying. I don't expect people to understand English movies therefore if they remake one for another audience set that is fine with me. I happen to know you dislike Americans and I personally believe that is where your take on things is coming from. NOW you know a movie is good when no matter what language it is in you can enjoy it. THAT is hard to do in my opinion. Take Brotherhood of the Wolf, an amazing movie, in fact it was so good I didn't mind watching it in French. Let the right one in is another movie I didn't mind the other language but also enjoyed the American version. YOU should open your mind.

Ok instead of being like everyone else this weekend, I refused to see the Avengers and saw The Raven instead. It was dark, bloody, violent.. I loved it. I give it 8/10

Veterinary Technician Friesian Horse Lover

Proud German Shepherd and Pitbull mom!

The Hellion Chronicles: Blood Curse of the Gemini Chapters One and Two release date:
Easter Sunday April 20th2014
"Sometimes bonds by blood are fatal."
AgentShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #277
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Only problem with that is that dubbing is terrible with live action. In an anime it is fine because the mouths are just flapping open or other times the character who is speaking isn't facing the viewer or isn't even on screen.

But for live action it is so much more different for them to sync up the voice to the actor and make it match the lip movement. And especially because the words are completely different and use different areas of the mouth to make the intended sound. Usually Live action dubbing makes the movie completely unwatchable.
I agree, which is why I prefer to keep the original language and add subtitles instead.
Quote:
Hush your trap... I have seen both versions. I personally HATE reading subtitles when I am trying to get into a movie. It is really annoying. I don't expect people to understand English movies therefore if they remake one for another audience set that is fine with me. I happen to know you dislike Americans and I personally believe that is where your take on things is coming from. NOW you know a movie is good when no matter what language it is in you can enjoy it. THAT is hard to do in my opinion. Take Brotherhood of the Wolf, an amazing movie, in fact it was so good I didn't mind watching it in French. Let the right one in is another movie I didn't mind the other language but also enjoyed the American version. YOU should open your mind.

Ok instead of being like everyone else this weekend, I refused to see the Avengers and saw The Raven instead. It was dark, bloody, violent.. I loved it. I give it 8/10
I don't understand why anyone would have trouble getting into a movie when reading the subtitles. I have never experienced such problems.
Also, I don't dislike any group of people unless they promote imperialism, fascism, capitalism or extremism.

To stay on topic, I have another movie review to make:

Che
7/10

A well-made movie with good graphics, good acting, and even some scenes filmed without color to add more realism to the world of the 1950's. The movie shows how Ernesto "Che" Guevara utilized his exceptional leadership skills and knowledge of the arts of war to secure Fidel Castro as president of Cuba. It also shows how harsh life could be for a guerrilla fighter, and the cruelty of the Batista regime.

Last edited by Ninja of Cao; 05-08-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #278
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Is there even a trailer for The Raven? I never saw one. I still want to see it though, sounds like it's an awesome movie.

Avengers
No number exists to rate the greatness of this movie/10
I loved the whole thing, people got almost equal screen-time. I loved the length too, it felt just right. Coulda been longer though, but people would probably get bored. All in all. Best. Superhero. Movie. Ever. Possibly the best movie ever. >.>

Cloukora was here.

[/LEFT]
Old 05-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #279
Jmalenko
Special Jonin Candidate

Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Avengers i saw today and ive got no complaints about the film....looking forward to the next one.....even though im a DC fan all the way,Marvel was my comic book or superhero choice growin up so all in all,great movie and Superhero flick all around.

"Take care of the people that matter in your life...or not." Amanda Waller from Justice League Unlimited

Shayd is my sensei....what can i say and now im apart of her pack.

"People May Come and Go,They Live and They Die,But A True Friend is Forever."Raven from Twisted Metal:Black
Jmalenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #280
Vex
Special Jonin Candidate

Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Underworld: Awakening.

It was pretty freakin' sweet. Plenty of action and characters were perfect. You should definitely see it. I don't really know how to 'rate' a movie, but I don't have any complaints. Although, it's annoying when all of the actors are unreasonably attractive. I did notice it was a little short, did anyone else? But for what was given it was wonderful. The ending was a perfect setup for the next movie.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote