Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #81
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain
Default Re: Generations, worst story mode ever

If people are skipping all the cutscenes, the story can be completed in less than 4 hours.......considering I beat the story in about 5-6 hours..........and watched every scene.

This is even less of a big deal if thats what people do.

Also...................no one here has played Storm 1 or 2?.......I'm sure you unlock 60-80% of the characters if you have a save file from storm 1 or 2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sagepain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #82
Kiez
Veteran Chunin

Kiez is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
I would like you to explain how it is a bad analogy.

When I purchased Mortal Kombat, or Marval vs Capcom, or Street Fighter 4 I had to spend 0 hours on any single player element to gain nearly the entire experience of the game (the cake). They have some unlockables, but the VAST majority was good to go out of the box.

Naruto has a fraction of the total cast available out of the box. Even less than 50%. Story mode is boring and pointless and brings 0 innovation to the table. Just 100% homework (crawling through mud). So if I want to eat this cake that I paid for first I need to do a bunch of homework.

I guess if you somehow think that story mode was fun (as I did with UNS2) then it isn't a problem. But there is nothing fun about it. 100% chore.
It's like saying you bought a game such a Uncharted 2 just so you can play the part in Shambala. You can't skip that part by saying 'oh but I paid $60 for it so I should be able to play which parts I want' It doesn't work like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #83
VirtualAlex
Genin Elite

VirtualAlex saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to VirtualAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiez View Post
It's like saying you bought a game such a Uncharted 2 just so you can play the part in Shambala. You can't skip that part by saying 'oh but I paid $60 for it so I should be able to play which parts I want' It doesn't work like that.
It isn't like that at all.

The fun from Uncharted is playing the single player. The fun of Naruto is fighting with your friends and online and certainly not from single player. The fact that there are so many counter examples to your view on this, those examples being every major fighting game recently released, goes to show how flawed this approach is.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #84
sasori2701
Special Jonin Candidate

sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagepain View Post
If people are skipping all the cutscenes, the story can be completed in less than 4 hours.......considering I beat the story in about 5-6 hours..........and watched every scene.

This is even less of a big deal if thats what people do.

Also...................no one here has played Storm 1 or 2?.......I'm sure you unlock 60-80% of the characters if you have a save file from storm 1 or 2.
i have storm 2 and borrowed generations. who all do you originally start with?

Suffer long and it will set you free
Only through trial do we find the strength we need
It's never over, just another day
Of hope and tragedies and everything that comes our way

sasori2701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #85
Sasori Red Sand
Apprentice Genin

Sasori Red Sand is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
This is also a bad analogy. A game like Uncharted is all about the story. Where as a Naruto game is more about the fighting. After all we all know the story already.

Just ask yourself this... Would you play the story mode even if you started with all the characters? If yes would starting with all the characters REALLY diminish the likability of the story mode for you that much? If the answer is still yes I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I for one would play the story mode regardless, even eventually the lackluster one in Generations. I mean I recently got used copies of Storm 1 and 2 just to try the story modes, because they do look fun. However if someone rather just get straight to the fighting that's their thing. I don't think it's cool to force someone to play a story mode, that they already know from watching the anime and reading the manga. Furthermore when I decided to get Generations it was because I saw some footage on youtube, and had a friend visiting from California and another friend visiting to see her, so when I got it I got it so the three of us could geek out to what looked like a fun Naruto game.

As I said it was inconvenient to find all the characters locked. We rushed through the story mode and took turns on individual story missions, like I did young Naruto, someone else did Sasuke, someone else older Naruto and so forth. Still we rather have just had the characters unlocked. I would have played the story mode anyway eventually.

It's really not a big deal either way, but I do think it would be nice if the characters were all unlocked already. I'll still go for unlockables, especially titles. But I'll just agree to disagree.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #86
Kiez
Veteran Chunin

Kiez is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
It isn't like that at all.

The fun from Uncharted is playing the single player. The fun of Naruto is fighting with your friends and online and certainly not from single player. The fact that there are so many counter examples to your view on this, those examples being every major fighting game recently released, goes to show how flawed this approach is.
I'm comparing it to your cake analogy. That is why it is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori Red Sand View Post
This is also a bad analogy. A game like Uncharted is all about the story. Where as a Naruto game is more about the fighting. After all we all know the story already.

Just ask yourself this... Would you play the story mode even if you started with all the characters? If yes would starting with all the characters REALLY diminish the likability of the story mode for you that much? If the answer is still yes I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I for one would play the story mode regardless, even eventually the lackluster one in Generations. I mean I recently got used copies of Storm 1 and 2 just to try the story modes, because they do look fun. However if someone rather just get straight to the fighting that's their thing. I don't think it's cool to force someone to play a story mode, that they already know from watching the anime and reading the manga. Furthermore when I decided to get Generations it was because I saw some footage on youtube, and had a friend visiting from California and another friend visiting to see her, so when I got it I got it so the three of us could geek out to what looked like a fun Naruto game.

As I said it was inconvenient to find all the characters locked. We rushed through the story mode and took turns on individual story missions, like I did young Naruto, someone else did Sasuke, someone else older Naruto and so forth. Still we rather have just had the characters unlocked. I would have played the story mode anyway eventually.

It's really not a big deal either way, but I do think it would be nice if the characters were all unlocked already. I'll still go for unlockables, especially titles. But I'll just agree to disagree.
As I said, I know it is a bad analogy. I was pointing out why his cake analogy was also bad.

Kiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #87
VirtualAlex
Genin Elite

VirtualAlex saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to VirtualAlex

Quote:
I'm comparing it to your cake analogy. That is why it is bad.

As I said, I know it is a bad analogy. I was pointing out why his cake analogy was also bad.
Not sure if serious...