Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > The Bowl

The Bowl For anything miscellaneously about Naruto that you can't seem to fit elsewhere.

View Poll Results: The strongest?
Aburame Shino 17 33.33%
Akimachi Chouji 1 1.96%
Dosu 6 11.76%
Gaara 35 68.63%
Haruno Sakura 3 5.88%
Hyuuga Hinata 2 3.92%
Hyuuga Neji 22 43.14%
Inuzaka Kiba 9 17.65%
Kankuro 13 25.49%
Kina 1 1.96%
Misumi 1 1.96%
Nara Shikamaru 21 41.18%
Rock Lee 29 56.86%
Temari 17 33.33%
TenTen 4 7.84%
Uchiha Sasuke 24 47.06%
Uzumaki Naruto 26 50.98%
Yamanaka Ino 1 1.96%
Zaku 3 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
DreamsOnWings
Veteran Chunin

DreamsOnWings saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default The Top Ten Strongest During the Chunin Exams

Because I'm slightly curious. It's pretty obvious that Naruto/Neji/Sasuke/Gaara were in the Top Four during the Chunin exams, but who else would you say would be there?

The participants, in case you've forgotten:

Aburame Shino
Akimachi Chouji
Dosu
Gaara
Haruno Sakura
Hyuuga Hinata
Hyuuga Neji
Inuzaka Kiba
Kankuro
Kin
Misumi
Nara Shikamaru
Rock Lee
Temari
TenTen
Uchiha Sasuke
Uzumaki Naruto
Yamanaka Ino
Zaku

If I forgot anyone (of any importance) please remind me!

So please, list ALL ten, along with reasons!

"Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other."~Princess Zelda from Legend of Zelda; Twilight Princess

"'Hope' is just a fool's dream that brings despair at the end"~ Liselotte Werckmeister from 11eyes

"If life were a joke, death would be funny. However, they put jokes in life so that you can laugh while Death comes for you."~ Foxpilot

~LinkxZelda~
~ShikamaruxTemari~

Last edited by DreamsOnWings; 03-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.
DreamsOnWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
sarutobi17
Special Jonin Candidate

sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Top Ten Strongest During the Chunin Exams

Rock lee
shikamaru Nara
Kankuro
temari
Shino aburame

In my opinion would be near the top four.
"Ever my heart rises as we draw near the mountains. There is good rock here. This country has tough bones. I felt them in my feet as we came up from the dike. Give me a year and a hundred of my kin and I would make this a place that armies would break upon like water. ...Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"-Gimli {LOTR}
sarutobi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
DreamsOnWings
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarutobi17 View Post
Rock lee
shikamaru Nara
Kankuro
temari

In my opinion would be near the top four.
Heh. I didn't think there'd be someone else who agreed almost word for word with me. But they're only seven people so far, then. Who do you think the next three would be?

"Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other."~Princess Zelda from Legend of Zelda; Twilight Princess

"'Hope' is just a fool's dream that brings despair at the end"~ Liselotte Werckmeister from 11eyes

"If life were a joke, death would be funny. However, they put jokes in life so that you can laugh while Death comes for you."~ Foxpilot

~LinkxZelda~
~ShikamaruxTemari~

Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
sarutobi17
Special Jonin Candidate

sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

I think shino who I put as a late addition in my last post.would be up there with them.
1.shino
2.kiba
3.tenten or choji

They would be my next three.
"Ever my heart rises as we draw near the mountains. There is good rock here. This country has tough bones. I felt them in my feet as we came up from the dike. Give me a year and a hundred of my kin and I would make this a place that armies would break upon like water. ...Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"-Gimli {LOTR}
sarutobi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
Aogari
Apprentice Genin

Aogari is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I reckon Naruto was also pretty strong there, considering the growth of his skills. Kiba wasn't bad, didn't really see many other things from him apart from his speed, his senses and teamwork with Akamaru.
Aogari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #6
Hina-Chan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Sasuke. Powerful close range technique as well as basic weaponary skills + katons, decent taijutsu and speed and cursed seal.

Neji. Most effective close combat and ninjutsu negater Kaiten.

Lee. Gates were awesome but its a one shot deal and as we had seen, they weren't very effective against durability freaks.

I don't think that Lee ever took off his weights during his encounter with Neji due to Lee always restricting himself to wearing weights. Lee said that the key to defeating Neji was with a high-speed combo like the Lotus. Weightless Lee has high-speed combos.

Sasuke's body can maintain's Lee speed at the cost of stamina, it shouldn't take that long to beat Neji with combination of Ninjutsu and Lee's Taijutsu. And Chidori would pierce right through Kaiten, assuming that Neji has the time to make a full Kaiten seeing as mini-KN0 speed was enough to force Neji to use about half a Kaiten, and I think that Lee's Weightless speed is faster than that Kyuubi Chakra Using Naruto (KCN). Yeah, Chidori will easily pierce right through that Kaiten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No one can hurt you now.'cause. you're dead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When all those shadows almost killed your light

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby

Hina-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
DreamsOnWings
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogari View Post
I reckon Naruto was also pretty strong there, considering the growth of his skills. Kiba wasn't bad, didn't really see many other things from him apart from his speed, his senses and teamwork with Akamaru.
Who else do you think?

~LinkxZelda~
~ShikamaruxTemari~

Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #8
Uzumaki Keegan
Freshmen Academy Student

Uzumaki Keegan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

1. sasuke
2. naruto
3. gaara
4. shikamaru
5. neji
6. rock lee
7. kankuro
8. temari
9. shino
10. Dosu
Uzumaki Keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
The3Shonens
Freshmen Academy Student

The3Shonens is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Temari
Neji
Shino
Gaara
Lee

Pure power and muscles wise it, hands down, would be Lee. Neji is also up there but it's hard to say since he defeated Hinata. It's only after he defeated Naruto that you truly realized that this guy was pretty kickin'. Shino, who with the freaky bugs was just plain out strong. Gaara of course, the sand (armor and all) as well as the huge stamina and chakra reserves via TBeast. Temari bascially just came in and took names. Even against Shikamaru she was pretty good.
The3Shonens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #10
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

This was basically the power scale during the Chuunin Exams...and basically for all of part 1 if you think about it...

1) Gaara
2) Rock Lee
3) Naruto
4) Neji / Sasuke
5) Shino / Dosu
6) Shikamaru
7) Kankuro
8) Temari
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
Leewannabe
Chunin

Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Lee! At least the 2nd best! He practically beat Gaara, and he kicked both Naruto and Sasukes asses before they started!

He was without doubt the strongest, fastest and best during the chunin exams!!!
Leewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #12
FateBringsUsTogether
Academy Graduate

FateBringsUsTogether is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

^ Guessing his favourite character is Lee?
Okay, my list goes like this:
1)Gaara/Sasuke
2)Lee/Neji/Shino (Couldn't decide haha)
3)Shikamaru
4)Naruto/Shikamaru
5)Kankuro

EDIT:Okay, after analyzing what Leewannabe and JLI2infinity has said (A thousand years of thanks guys haha) here is my new list:
1)Naruto
2)Gaara/Lee
3)Neji/Shino
4)Sasuke
5)Kankuro/Shikamaru
-Uchiha Sasuke
"Fool you fool."
-Killer B
"Dattebayo!"
-Uzumaki Naruto
"I'm not a pervert... I'm a SUPER pervert!"
-Ero-Sennin
"What a drag..."
-Nara Shikamaru

Last edited by FateBringsUsTogether; 04-23-2012 at 03:59 AM.
FateBringsUsTogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #13
Leewannabe
Chunin

Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateBringsUsTogether View Post
1)Gaara/Sasuke
3)Shikamaru
4)Naruto/Shikamaru
5)Kankuro
Hehe! How did u know? xD

btw, like your list,but why is Shikamaru two places?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
FateBringsUsTogether
Academy Graduate

FateBringsUsTogether is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

oh... haha he most be so awesome haha i'll change that but i didn't see that thanks man and yeah he would of been better than naruto at this point. Naruto's ninja basics were bad back then so he would of been caught by the shadow jutsu easily.
-Uchiha Sasuke
"Fool you fool."
-Killer B
"Dattebayo!"
-Uzumaki Naruto
-Ero-Sennin
"What a drag..."
-Nara Shikamaru
Old 04-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #15
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
1)Gaara/Sasuke
3)Shikamaru
4)Naruto/Shikamaru
5)Kankuro
Sorry man, I'm guessing from your ava you like Sasuke but putting him above Lee, Gaara, Neji, and Naruto is too much, I'll explain to you one by one why each of them was stronger.

1.) Gaara...pretty obvious, if Gaara didn't have the psychological breakdown and use the Tanuki he'd have just gone into his 360 degree shield and after suffering the small wound from Chidori grabbed Sasuke's arm once it got stuck in the sand and crushed it, no arm means no more hand signs or Chidori. Instead Gaara decided to start screaming like a madman and grabbing his head in agony while Sasuke pulled his arm free.

2.) Lee...Sasuke wouldn't even be able to see Lee after he released the first gate let alone 5, I don't know what you were thinking here. Lee wins with secondary Lotus he doesn't need the 5 gates for Chuunin Exam Sasuke.

3.) Neji...Sasuke has no way of touching Neji, so I don't know how you thought he could win. If Sasuke even gets close Neji makes him lose all his chakra, if Sasuke attacks from far away Neji just uses his rotation. Sasuke's only hope is Chidori and if Neji gets into his stance and Sasuke just charges into his combo the fight is finished.

4.) Naruto...I mean this is just the most obvious, I guess you are a true blue Sasuke fan to put him above Naruto during the Chuunin Exams when Naruto COMPLETELY outclassed him. I'm sure Sasuke might've found a way to cope with the clones with his fire techniques like he did on the roof top but Naruto had learned two things during his month with Jiraiya that propelled him right over Sasuke: use of the Kyuubi chakra and summoning. Even Sasuke after he'd mastered the Cursed Seal couldn't keep up with zero tails Naruto so there's no way he could do it at the Chuunin Exams, and Kishi specifically made Naruto want to fight on his own because if Naruto summoned Gamabunta in any of his fights with Sasuke in Part 1, Sasuke would be finished. What could Sasuke do against Bunta blow a little fireball at him? Bunta's water techniques would fling Sasuke into a tree and knock him out, Sasuke was grabbing onto a branch trying to avoid flying all over the forest when Gamabunta and the Tanuki's attacks collided. Sasuke was inferior to Naruto from the Final Matches of the Chuunin Exam to the end of part 1, he didn't surpass Naruto again until the Time Skip.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #16
FateBringsUsTogether
Academy Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI2infinity View Post
Sorry man, I'm guessing from your ava you like Sasuke but putting him above Lee, Gaara, Neji, and Naruto is too much, I'll explain to you one by one why each of them was stronger.

1.) Gaara...pretty obvious, if Gaara didn't have the psychological breakdown and use the Tanuki he'd have just gone into his 360 degree shield and after suffering the small wound from Chidori grabbed Sasuke's arm once it got stuck in the sand and crushed it, no arm means no more hand signs or Chidori. Instead Gaara decided to start screaming like a madman and grabbing his head in agony while Sasuke pulled his arm free.

2.) Lee...Sasuke wouldn't even be able to see Lee after he released the first gate let alone 5, I don't know what you were thinking here. Lee wins with secondary Lotus he doesn't need the 5 gates for Chuunin Exam Sasuke.

3.) Neji...Sasuke has no way of touching Neji, so I don't know how you thought he could win. If Sasuke even gets close Neji makes him lose all his chakra, if Sasuke attacks from far away Neji just uses his rotation. Sasuke's only hope is Chidori and if Neji gets into his stance and Sasuke just charges into his combo the fight is finished.

4.) Naruto...I mean this is just the most obvious, I guess you are a true blue Sasuke fan to put him above Naruto during the Chuunin Exams when Naruto COMPLETELY outclassed him. I'm sure Sasuke might've found a way to cope with the clones with his fire techniques like he did on the roof top but Naruto had learned two things during his month with Jiraiya that propelled him right over Sasuke: use of the Kyuubi chakra and summoning. Even Sasuke after he'd mastered the Cursed Seal couldn't keep up with zero tails Naruto so there's no way he could do it at the Chuunin Exams, and Kishi specifically made Naruto want to fight on his own because if Naruto summoned Gamabunta in any of his fights with Sasuke in Part 1, Sasuke would be finished. What could Sasuke do against Bunta blow a little fireball at him? Bunta's water techniques would fling Sasuke into a tree and knock him out, Sasuke was grabbing onto a branch trying to avoid flying all over the forest when Gamabunta and the Tanuki's attacks collided. Sasuke was inferior to Naruto from the Final Matches of the Chuunin Exam to the end of part 1, he didn't surpass Naruto again until the Time Skip.
I like your thinking dude. And I'm not THAT much of a Sasuke fan as I think Naruto/Jiraya/Minato are pretty much my faves. But I just put Sasuke there as he hadn't used his curse mark to the full extent. Now that I think about it, I remember how inferior he was to Lee: Lee in base mode whooped Sasuke with 2 tomoe even with three tomoe i don't think Sasuke can match him.
I agree with you as Gaara would kill Sasuke in his Tanuki summon form.
Naruto: Do you think Naruto would defeat Sasuke using Gamabunta? I know your just trying to compare Sasuke's skills with Naruto's and your right, Naruto was superior during the chunin exams right to the end of part 1. I think the only reason he couldn't bring Sasuke back (really messed up though) was because he wanted to prove to Sasuke he could put a scratch on his forehead protector. I think I'm gonna edit haha
-Uchiha Sasuke
"Fool you fool."
-Killer B
"Dattebayo!"
-Uzumaki Naruto
-Ero-Sennin
"What a drag..."
-Nara Shikamaru
Old 04-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #17
SageKakashi
Genin

SageKakashi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Sasuke had the intention to kill, Naruto had the opposite.
Only reason Naruto lost.
SageKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #18
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

1. Lee
2. Naruto w/ Gamabunta
3. Gaara/Sasuke/Neji
4. Shino/Kankuro
5. Shikamaru

Top 5

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #19
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
I like your thinking dude. And I'm not THAT much of a Sasuke fan as I think Naruto/Jiraya/Minato are pretty much my faves. But I just put Sasuke there as he hadn't used his curse mark to the full extent. Now that I think about it, I remember how inferior he was to Lee: Lee in base mode whooped Sasuke with 2 tomoe even with three tomoe i don't think Sasuke can match him.
I agree with you as Gaara would kill Sasuke in his Tanuki summon form.
Naruto: Do you think Naruto would defeat Sasuke using Gamabunta? I know your just trying to compare Sasuke's skills with Naruto's and your right, Naruto was superior during the chunin exams right to the end of part 1. I think the only reason he couldn't bring Sasuke back (really messed up though) was because he wanted to prove to Sasuke he could put a scratch on his forehead protector. I think I'm gonna edit haha
Glad you agree and yeah I agree with you that Sasuke didn't use CS to it's full extent but this only takes into account the Chuunin Exams, even though it's hard to scale CS2 since we only saw it in one fight
Old 04-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
Leewannabe
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
1. Lee
2. Naruto w/ Gamabunta
3. Gaara/Sasuke/Neji
4. Shino/Kankuro
5. Shikamaru

Top 5
Agree pretty much!

Tags