Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
Sasori Red Sand
Apprentice Genin

Sasori Red Sand is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default How could unbalanced jitsu's be balanced

This thread was inspired by Virtual Alex in the other spam thread. Yes there's spammers but most are tolerable to a certain extent, a few however are a bit broken. So how could these problems be addressed?

Pitch your ideas, but be realistic and don't go overboard, because overall there isn't that much wrong with the game. It's just a small handful of jitsu's I find to be broken. As for spamming? Spammers are going to sing the Spam song, but the thing is most spammers can be countered. The ones who use unbalanced jitsu's are the ones I want to address here.

First that comes to mind is the dreaded Masked Man. Now a non-spammer is tolerable but even then you know you're likely going to have to face a barrage or two, along with a potential Ultimate.

The main problem with his jitsu is that you can't sub out of the first attack, you absolutely have to block it or get out of the way and on short notice if you attempt to dodge you're likely going to get hit. If you sub you're going to be hit by the bombs that trail behind. Pretty much the Masked Man's jitsu is insanely hard to counter. This could be fixed by making his jitsu more like Naruto's Rasengan, where it hits all at once. Basically that means if he's coming at you, you can sub out of it and counter, because he won't leave the trail of bombs unless the jitsu hits, but if it does hit it'll all be one attack, that seems like he flies into you dropping multiple bombs. See problem solved, no more being forced to turtle against MM spammers.

When it comes to his ultimate jitsu, is it me or does it have crazy range and speed? Not to mention it seems to hit twice though I could be wrong there. Regardless this needs a nerf, perhaps limit it's range and seeming length?

Then there's Dynamic Entry, where it would be nice if it worked in the opposite fashion of Naruto's Rasengan, because I feel like I have virtually no time to react to it unless the opponent is quite a distance away. I would like to see the attack coming. No, scratch that I'll cut it even more slack, let it stay the same, but just let Guy announce the attack just before it lands so I know to block, or substitute. Basically giving me a few milliseconds of wiggle room is all I ask. It would allow me to react albeit very fast, to the attack, and make it possible to break through a turtle with certain characters with limited range.

See I'm throwing some solutions out there too. Overall though there really isn't much wrong with the game, as far as I see it. It's possible to counter most spammers, and even my little gripe with Dynamic Entry isn't that huge! Also feel free to agree or disagree with any suggestions made, just make sure you state a good reason as to why.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: How could unbalanced jitsu's be balanced

Masked Man is plentiful balanced. You just need to know how to deal with them. For his jutsu, all you have to do is dodge it normally as if it was a projectile. Even if you get hit, you will only receive minimal damage (possibly less damage than normal shuriken actually) if you decide to sub it, just remember to hold block so that you don't get hit by the paper bombs afterwards. It's not hard to counter at all as long as you remain calm.

His Ultimate Jutsu has basically the same range and speed as Killer Bee's Lariat in Storm 2. I also don't think it hits twice.

Dynamic Entry has the same time startup as Sage Naruto's Rasengan Barrage. You can see it coming simply when he rises into the air. He is also heavily vulnerable to an ultimate jutsu. I'd say this is actually the worst jutsu in the game.

In truth, there was nothing unbalanced or cheap in this game in any way, shape, or form. Everything that happens is perfectly a part of the game (I know this is probably what a spammer would say lol) and if you're having issues, then you simply need to try harder. That's all there is to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

^No MM's jutsu is not balanced. It has too many iFrames and when its stopped the bombs keep going. Yes everything can be countered, but for the average player, it seems like the most broken and impossible thing in the game. That jutsu almost renders subs useless like chiyo does.

We need iframes back on subs. That would solve so many problems. It would hurt my strategy, but it would make it fair.

To fix MM's jutsu: Remove iframes on startup, make it so only MM can hurt you when he rushes, the leftover bombs won't. So Subbing it can be more consistent.

It has too much priority and it has priority over things it shouldn't :/

All they need to do for tenten is remove the crazy tracking

Dynamic entry startup is slower than Rasengan barrage And once you seem him jump up in a retarded fashion and yell "RAAAAAAAAH"(if you play with jap voices) then you know hes doin it. and if thye spam it, its so much more predictable

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 04-21-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Housh
Genin

Housh saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I wouldnt count Guy's because its so easy to just jump out the way of it unless your blindly jumping around and dashing blindly. Also if you RT it it doesnt even do block damage. To play guy you just gotta slow your pace down because somebody like me wil hit you with dynamic entry all game. MM is unbalanced imo. I mean cmon his jutsu stops and WINS against the team ULT...Like if that isnt unbalanced idk what is
Housh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate

Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
Masked Man is plentiful balanced. You just need to know how to deal with them. For his jutsu, all you have to do is dodge it normally as if it was a projectile. Even if you get hit, you will only receive minimal damage (possibly less damage than normal shuriken actually) if you decide to sub it, just remember to hold block so that you don't get hit by the paper bombs afterwards. It's not hard to counter at all as long as you remain calm.

His Ultimate Jutsu has basically the same range and speed as Killer Bee's Lariat in Storm 2. I also don't think it hits twice.

Dynamic Entry has the same time startup as Sage Naruto's Rasengan Barrage. You can see it coming simply when he rises into the air. He is also heavily vulnerable to an ultimate jutsu. I'd say this is actually the worst jutsu in the game.

In truth, there was nothing unbalanced or cheap in this game in any way, shape, or form. Everything that happens is perfectly a part of the game (I know this is probably what a spammer would say lol) and if you're having issues, then you simply need to try harder. That's all there is to it.
sora is right its not fair that he has infinite start up time and cant be stoped even ults dont hit him. and dynamic entry is by far not the worse jutsu. trust me there is unbalances big time. take pts ino for example. her jutsu has horrible aim. if your oponent is to close it gose over them and if they are too far it doesnt reach long enough. can now be chakra dash threw and trap time had been reduced not to mention her ult has a huge start up time compared to others. i wouldnt realy call the game balanced. oh but sora is wrong about tenten. they shouldnt mess up her tracking cus you can actually dodge her jutsu if you know what you are doing.

and the problem i have with gai and naruto is when you are trying to cancel your combo when somone subs they just use there jutsu to get away.

Last edited by Kibanaru lover; 04-21-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Kibanaru lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Housh
Genin

You can say its as easy as just jumping out the way of it like a projectile but explain how you get out the way against people that spam it while youre doing a combo. Or after subs. Id like to see you get out the way of that for myself
Old 04-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate

Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
You can say its as easy as just jumping out the way of it like a projectile but explain how you get out the way against people that spam it while youre doing a combo. Or after subs. Id like to see you get out the way of that for myself
easy you have a couple of options. you can use a stronger jutsu like fireball wich beats out tenten or u can sub the whole thing or you can just block then move. tenten jutsu is probably the hardest to dodge in the game but it is dodgeable. and she is left open for ults like sasuke and kakashi.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
Mikahel
Special Jonin Candidate

Mikahel has completed a tough C-rank mission!Mikahel has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I've had problems with dynamic entry in the past. Recently I lost to a guy who spammed Dynamic entry the whole match. Problem was that he had a guard support so anytime I cancelled him I was vulnerable. Plus as soon as guy is in the start up for dynamic entry and I cancel into him it doesn't allow me to sub for some reason, can someone confirm whether you can sub dynamic entry when you cancel because I can't.

Also I struggle against Sage Naruto spammers, I don't know why but I get hit by like Rasengan barrage 4 to 6 times a match and I don't know why. Most of the time it seems as if block doesn't work, and this doesn't happen to me against regular Naruto's rasengan, just sage naruto.
Mikahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
Housh
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikahel View Post
I've had problems with dynamic entry in the past. Recently I lost to a guy who spammed Dynamic entry the whole match. Problem was that he had a guard support so anytime I cancelled him I was vulnerable. Plus as soon as guy is in the start up for dynamic entry and I cancel into him it doesn't allow me to sub for some reason, can someone confirm whether you can sub dynamic entry when you cancel because I can't.

Also I struggle against Sage Naruto spammers, I don't know why but I get hit by like Rasengan barrage 4 to 6 times a match and I don't know why. Most of the time it seems as if block doesn't work, and this doesn't happen to me against regular Naruto's rasengan, just sage naruto.
Naw hes untouchable a certain point in his startup. Your probably talkin when he starts and ur guy looks like he got pushed back
Old 04-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
Housh
Genin

I think you gotta be right on him tho, if you get it before youll get him
Old 04-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikahel View Post

no you are right. things that are cinematic cant be subed if you dash into them wich sucks. cus thats just helps the rasangan spammers. you can try ulting to stop them if your characters ult is fast enough but alot of the time they go right past you when you ult or they are faster than you

Old 04-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #12
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Rasengans can be stopped when you dash into them while during the startup o.o

Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Kiez
Veteran Chunin

Kiez is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yeah, Guy's Dynamic Entry spammers annoy the hell outta me. It's not like I can even cancel into them since it's start up is fast.

Last edited by Parak111; 04-22-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Kiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Tsuchikage's jutsu is pretty broken too.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote