Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #81
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Was George Zimmerman Justifed?

Media is smart, dontcha know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #82
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Media is smart, dontcha know.
True they are.

Though not in a very honest way.

Media=propaganda.

And this goes for BOTH sides of the aisle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #83
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I don't know what you are talking about. I am sure NBC had a very good reason to edit out that 911 operator asking what Martin's race was.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #84
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't know what you are talking about. I am sure NBC had a very good reason to edit out that 911 operator asking what Martin's race was.
Good in what sense...morally speaking or skill?

...At least in my case.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #85
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Skill I think. Probably started the whole mess.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #86
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Skill I think. Probably started the whole mess.
The media shot Trayvon and punched Zimmerman?

...At least in my case.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #87
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Zimmerman was invistigating someone who appeared suspicious, which was his duty as captain of the neighborhood watch He was only told he did not have to keep track of him by the police not that he shouldn't.

He then lost track of Martin. Martin approached him from behind and decked him by his car. Then Martin proceeded to straddle Zimmerman and beat his head into the ground, verified by a witness by the way and Zimmerman's physical condition afterwards. After Zmmerman screamed for help and no one came. He then shot this 17-year 6'2" man that was beating the crap out of him.

Please tell me what he did wrong.
I don't care if his face was getting pulverized and he was going to get a concussion, the fact is that he pulled out a gun and shot a teen, after putting himself in that situation. He should not have followed that kid, and he should not have been armed.

THAT'S what he did wrong.

ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #88
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
I don't care if his face was getting pulverized and he was going to get a concussion, the fact is that he pulled out a gun and shot a teen, after putting himself in that situation. He should not have followed that kid, and he should not have been armed.

I don't know why he followed Trayvon and perhaps he was not justified there but I disagree that he shouldn't be armed. Trayvon COULD have killed him. I say it would be self defense if not for the fact Zimmerman was the one following Trayvon. That just seemed to be asking for trouble.

But I wasn't there so I don't know.

...At least in my case.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #89
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
The media shot Trayvon and punched Zimmerman?
Bombshell!!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #90
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't care if his face was getting pulverized and he was going to get a concussion,
That's nice..you don't value your own life how fortunate for whoever tries to rob you

Quote:
the fact is that he pulled out a gun and shot a teen, after putting himself in that situation. He should not have followed that kid, and he should not have been armed.

No he should not have followed the kid...that does not change we still don't know the entire story and his recent arrest was entirely political
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #91
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Apparently, the entire case rest on the voice being Martin's. Also some clap trap about Zimmerman not being told to follow, but any half decent lawyer will have that thrown out.

Which means, if the mother says one thing and acquaintances of Zimmerman say another, the whole case will be laughed out of court.

I can only assume they charged 2nd degree murder to get a plea bargain for manslaughter? Nothing else really makes sense.

Last edited by Wooster; 04-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #92
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Yeah I'll laugh if he gets sent to jail for the rest of his life

but Casey Anthony is still at large
Old 04-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #93
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
my issue with this case is how badly this has been handled and the hypocrisy of covering this with such fury and righteous indignation when this happens EVERY OTHER GOD DAMN MINUTE IN THE GHETTO.
Now that's just stereotyping. That's plain wrong. How do you know this happens every minute in the ghetto? Do you live somewhere that's considered ghetto? Is there an actual calculation for this?

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #94
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
Yeah I'll laugh if he gets sent to jail for the rest of his life

but Casey Anthony is still at large
She should've been jailed. It's just the prosecutors failed to bring a strong argument and didn't answer enough questions, I guess

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #95
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
Now that's just stereotyping. That's plain wrong. How do you know this happens every minute in the ghetto? Do you live somewhere that's considered ghetto? Is there an actual calculation for this?
..are you kidding me? That's stereotyping? There be all sorts of people in Ghetto's whites too..no you can accuse me of being classicist maybe (you'd still be full of crap) but being a bigot" noooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
She should've been jailed. It's just the prosecutors failed to bring a strong argument and didn't answer enough questions, I guess

The prosecutor did just fine...The jury was full of retards
Old 04-20-2012, 02:56 AM   #96
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Well this case was interesting and a little close to home for me. As a black teenager who lives in Florida the fear that this tragedy could befall me was a little shocking, it was a media storm I couldn't really be numb to even if I tried. I understand that identifying my race I already made myself appear biased but so be it. I am also the son of two police officers so I do have an above average understanding of how the situation should've been handled and how the respective parties should've acted, I also see some key information being left out of these comments.

1) Zimmerman calls police, he had already been over zealous in his job as neighborhood watch captain calling them dozens of times in a single year he should've been relieved of his duties already but w/e hindsight is 20/20

2) On the phone Zimmerman sounds frustrated he makes it clear that he thinks Trayvon has already committed some sort of crime, saying things like "these guys always get away"

3) I don't care how you try to spin it, anyone who heard the calls can clearly tell he said " coons" before he hung up, that is why the race card cannot leave this situation this man made a racial slur.

From these three things alone we already know that Zimmerman is inclined to overreact, has already jumped to conclusions, and has some sort of prejudice against black people.

4) He is told not to follow him (it wasn't a suggestion), the dispatcher clearly stated "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman clearly engaged Trayvon putting himself at risk and thus violating the premise of the "Stand Your Ground" law people have been saying works in his favor.

5) Of course this is where the most interpretation and who's opinion is worth more arguments come in. People who heard the confrontation and made the call identified the voice of the person screaming "help" as that of a young man, I heard the tapes and also thought the same thing. Of course no one can prove any of this but one interesting thing to note is that as soon as Trayvon was shot the cries for help stopped, even if Zimmerman was shocked that he'd killed someone he could've at least continued asking for help and trying to get the attention of his neighbors but he did no such thing.

6) Police arrive on the scene, they take NO photos of Zimmerman's face (the videotapes of him arriving at the station show no signs of visible damage but again it's up for speculation), they make NO arrests, and they perform NO drug tests on Zimmerman BUT they sure remembered to test Trayvon's corpse. If there's a racial issue in here it's not just that one deranged man stereotyped a young child, it's the utter travesty of these police officers representatives of law enforcement...individual prejudice is terrible but systemic discrimination is undoubtedly more dangerous.

Anyways this case is being abused by the media but at least Zimmerman is being prosecuted now. That's my 2 cents about the whole thing, hope some people read this and do research of their own.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #97
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

1) There were eight bugarliers in the past few months. THe calls were not that high, as they were over several years.

2)Yes, because of the eight bugarlies.

3) Audio analysis has firmly come down on "f'ing punks" No if, and, not ,or ,buts about it.

4) It was a suggestion. Sorry try again. And pretty lear Martin confronted Zimmerman near his car i.e they confronted each other twice.

5)Shoot a gun while talking See if you stop talking. Dollars to doughnuts you will. It's kinda loud.

6) But they did of his head. See below. :3

ABC just released this:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...CP4CdBfZhpcM2K
That's one bloody head.

Last edited by Wooster; 04-20-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #98
Jinchiruuki
Non Compos Mentis

Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Jinchiruuki is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

The whole situation was orchestrated to create racial tension within the country.

Facts:

1) Trayvon is dead.

That's pretty much the only widely known fact. None of us were there to see what happened therefore we know nothing. In the first couple days of the media reporting this, CNN, Fox and others reported Zimmerman as a WHITE COP, When in fact he's hispanic and a member of the neighborhood watch, not a cop.

Think for yourselves. This entire situation was and is still being fueled by propaganda to create racial tension in this country and to divide us as a people.
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--August Wilson

Jinchiruuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #99
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Sadly, that seems pretty much true.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #100
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

If a bit of racial division is what it takes to get justice for a murdered young man, then bring on the divide.
Cult of Personality is offline   Reply With Quote