Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
#1FANNNN
Freshmen Academy Student

#1FANNNN is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Which manga/anime series do you think are the most popular worldwide?

Either we enjoy it or not, the majority of us should know already that Naruto is indeed one of the greatest/most successful manga/anime series in history, like Dragonball, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, etc, thanks to mastermind Kishimoto Masashi. I know not everybody agrees with this, but the majority of people and critics out there do. However, people are entitled to their own opinions.
So, I have a question that people seem to be asking TOO MUCH about these days... and debate too much about.. and I want your opinions. We all know that One Piece is the most popular in Japan, and Dragonball is popular worldwide. Of course, every manga/anime series has its own spot where the popularity peaks. The question that people have been asking online a lot is: Which are the most popular manga/anime series worldwide? Nearly everybody agrees Dragonball is of course on the list. But people have also suggested that Naruto is a very popular series worldwide.. although I haven't really paid attention to it, because I really don't watch much anime or read much manga except for Naruto, the first one I ever found out about. So, I really want to hear your opinions and choices out there. I know I'm on a Naruto forum, but please try not to be biased and state why you think it is, not just because it's your favorite manga/anime series. Please, do NOT start fan-fights...

Thank you! ;D

Last edited by #1FANNNN; 04-13-2012 at 10:12 PM.
#1FANNNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Which manga/anime series do you think are the most popular worldwide?

One Piece it's the best manga sales

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
#1FANNNN
Freshmen Academy Student

Default Re: Which manga/anime series do you think are the most popular worldwide?

aahhh.. One Piece.. a lot of people agreed with that too.. it seems the top choices are always Dragonball, One Piece, Naruto, Pokemon, and sometimes Bleach.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

One Piece is most popular based on sales. Last year, One Piece placed #1 and sold more volumes than the combined total of second through tenth place. It's also surpassed Dragon Ball in all time sales, which is big since Dragon Ball started like five to ten years earlier.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
#1FANNNN
Freshmen Academy Student

well, let's not base it on sales, because basing something on statistics and numbers isn't always the best choice.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

One Piece also dose the best job at developing it's characters while the other two seem to just have only a couple of characters getting development

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

It's really the only facts we have to go by. If we were to go by anything else, it would mainly be a debate of this anime vs. that anime. I honestly love One Piece and I know One Piece's popularity is increasing in America, or at least where I am. Now, onto the worldwide thing. To be fair, when we take into account the percentage of people who read manga in America compared to those in China/Japan, China/Japan have a huge advantage. Not only that, but together I believe they actually outnumber the US even without percentages. If they don't, they're pretty damn close. Then you take into account Dragonball and how popular it is everywhere. Honestly, I think Dragonball is probably the most popular with One Piece just behind and Naruto just behind that. I don't even like Dragonball much really, but it's still popular. As for best story, I'd say One Piece.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
#1FANNNN
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
One Piece also dose the best job at developing it's characters while the other two seem to just have only a couple of characters getting development
how does that relate?.... okay, well dat's an opinion, but thanks for telling us anyway...
Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #9
#1FANNNN
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru D. Shinigami View Post
It's really the only facts we have to go by. If we were to go by anything else, it would mainly be a debate of this anime vs. that anime. I honestly love One Piece and I know One Piece's popularity is increasing in America, or at least where I am. Now, onto the worldwide thing. To be fair, when we take into account the percentage of people who read manga in America compared to those in China/Japan, China/Japan have a huge advantage. Not only that, but together I believe they actually outnumber the US even without percentages. If they don't, they're pretty damn close. Then you take into account Dragonball and how popular it is everywhere. Honestly, I think Dragonball is probably the most popular with One Piece just behind and Naruto just behind that. I don't even like Dragonball much really, but it's still popular. As for best story, I'd say One Piece.
Yeah, I've never really liked Dragonball, but I heard from a lot of people that they like it. Also, I've never really gotten into One Piece either, but a lot of my friends also really like it. As for Naruto, I've been watching and reading it since.. forever.. it was the first manga I ever read and the first anime I ever watched, so yah.. I dont want to start a fanwar so let's just go with facts then, like wat u said... it's probably safest...
Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Fairy tail is starting to get really popular but still has a way to go

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here