Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > The Bowl

The Bowl For anything miscellaneously about Naruto that you can't seem to fit elsewhere.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Night Blade852
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Night Blade852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Dark Corner Of Your Mind
Posts: 514
Rep Power: 6
Night Blade852 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Hey guys. It's been a while since I last posted. I know I said I would never come here again, but I figgured I might as well share my point of view. Now, I'm sure a lot of you remember me as a rabid NaruSaku fan and probably think I'll end up ranting about NS in some way...that is completely wrong. I stopped caring for the entire Narut serise a while ago and only look at it from time to time. Just one of those things you start and may as well finish y'know?

But anyway, I wanted to talk about Hinata's words. (NaruHina fans are requested to leave this page if they can't handle someone elses pov) Hinata says she'll be the one holding Naruto's hand at the end of the war...yet she's only thinking about her love life. She's not thinking about helping him, she's not thinking or worrying about her team mates...she's only focussed on Naruto.

In my own oppinion this is very selfish on Hinata's part. Kiba, Akamaru, Shino, and herself along with God knows how many other allied ninja are rushing to help Naruto. The only people who arent worried about Naruto is Tenten, Neji, and Lee. They're more concerned for Gai (Guy) than Naruto. Which is understandable since he is their teacher. Even some of the other random ninja were happy that they were going to help Naruto win the war...this includes Sakura, but I'll get to her later on.

Hinata's only concern is STILL wanting to earn Naruto's love. She's not worried about the war, she's not worried about her friends...she's only worried about Naruto A.K.A her love life. This is very bad on Hinata's character and what little development she actually has. There for a while...it looked like she was going to grow up and build some back bone. But no...we all know how long that lasted. To me, in my own very personal opinion...it's looking like Hinata might actually die. I'm not trying to make anyone mad or trying to hurt their feelings, but I seriously think she's going to die. She's starting to get cocky, and ususally when a character gets cockylike this they die shortly after. You see it all the time as well in real life. A new recruit fresh out of basic training will act tough and talk loud in enemy territory. And usually...those are the first people to go because they were cocky.

Hinata's not looking any diffrent. NH and SS fans jumped all over this, and yet it still wasn't even pointed out in their favor. Look a little more closely at Hinata's words.

Hinata: Naruto...I've always been chasing you. Watching you and admiring you from a distance, I've always chased after you...even now. But once this war ends I'm going to stop once and for all. Next time I'll be the one walking with you and holding your hand...wait for me. (I didn't have a web page up where I could actually copy and past her words...but I think I got it close enough...)

See those words? She says she's going to stop once and for all. Some say NH is official...while a majority of the people say NH is done. What do you guys think? I'd like to know.




Now on to Sakura (my personal favorite character) So, basically, Sakura has this flashback to the Pein (Pain) invasion of the hidden leaf. She says a few things that kind of caught my attention.

Sakura: Naruto you saved Kanoha...and now you're trying to save the entire shinobi world. You always get left with these insurmountable tasks...but no matter what you say...this time we'll fight together. not just me...we're all going to fight together this time.

See the difference? Sakura is far more worried about Naruto AND her teammates. I'm starting to wonder if she has actually accepted Naruto now or not. She's basically what every pairing depends on. Anyway...those are my thoughts.

If something else happens I might post again or reply to a few other people. But untill then...I'll see you around I guess.
__________________
BEST VID EVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Watch this and tell me you're not crying.
Night Blade852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
HokageSoulReaper
Special Jonin Candidate
 
HokageSoulReaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 3,432
Rep Power: 16
HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to HokageSoulReaper Send a message via Skype™ to HokageSoulReaper
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Now that you mention them, those are valid points indeed! And no offense to Hinata (who is a favorite of mine) or the NH fans, but I wish NH was done indeed! Naruto did friend zoned her in my opinion a long time ago, but who knows if due to fan backlash Kishi trolls us

Now, Hinata also comes as the same ol' hopeful girl she's been all series long, which, after her confession, seems to backtrack her character development wise, and while being hopeful sometimes isn't that bad, in this particular case it is
__________________
How long can we stand? Eternal Domination, Shutting our eyes to the reality, The Truth will see through, No bloodshed will pursue, The Power Of Truth disavow violence - The Power Of Truth, Loudness

I am The Ace of The Universe

Raikiri Buntai 4 LIFE
HokageSoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
Biggs Darklighter
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Biggs Darklighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 754
Rep Power: 9
Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokageSoulReaper View Post
Now that you mention them, those are valid points indeed! And no offense to Hinata (who is a favorite of mine) or the NH fans, but I wish NH was done indeed! Naruto did friend zoned her in my opinion a long time ago, but who knows if due to fan backlash Kishi trolls us

Now, Hinata also comes as the same ol' hopeful girl she's been all series long, which, after her confession, seems to backtrack her character development wise, and while being hopeful sometimes isn't that bad, in this particular case it is
So far as I'm concerned the ninja war comes first before anything else gets resolved. And that includes pairings, whether it be NS, NH, some random person, or even Naruto ending up with anybody at all.

Here are all of Hinata's appearances in ENTIRE MANGA. The numbers represent chapter numbers. If Naruto "friend zoned" Hinata, it would have happened in one of the appearances that Hinata has had in part two. Otherwise, it hasn't happened in the manga yet.

Hinata in Part One:

Spoiler:

34
39-46
58-59
65-70
74-81
98-105
122 (in Hiruzen's thoughts of Konoha nins)
172
232 (collage of various images with characters from all of Part I)
238


Hinata in Part 2:
Spoiler:


262 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
279 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
282
354-357
363-365
371
380
383
394-396
420-421
425 (in Kakashi's thoughts of Konoha nins)
430
434
437-438
441-443
450
454 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
457 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
459
469 (in Kiba's thoughts of the Teams 8/10/Gai meeting with Sakura)
484 (in Sasuke's thoughts of Konoha nins; in Sakura's thoughts of her meeting with Teams 8/10/Gai)
488
490 (in Naruto's thoughts of his Kyuubi transformations)
505 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
515-516
521
526
537-538
540-541
552 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
558-559
573

Last edited by Biggs Darklighter; 04-12-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Biggs Darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Night Blade852
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Night Blade852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Dark Corner Of Your Mind
Posts: 514
Rep Power: 6
Night Blade852 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

I do remember reading something saying Kishimoto wanted Naruto to have a kid. I think they said a boy was what Kishi wanted Naruto to have. And well...it's kinda hard to have a baby without a female involved somwhere in there. And please for the love of God don't bring up SasuNaru!!!
__________________
BEST VID EVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Watch this and tell me you're not crying.
Night Blade852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
aimop95
Apprentice Genin
 
aimop95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: In the Akatsuki Hideout.
Posts: 140
Rep Power: 5
aimop95 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Personally like the NaruHin couple. But really don't care if it ends up otherwise.

On topic, everything Hinata has done was so that Naruto would notice her, much like Naruto and Sasuke.

Sakura, on the other hand, only got stronger because she decided that she needed to pull her weight on the team.

Also, lying about her feelings toward Naruto during the end of the 5 Kage summit was a sort of dead give away that she still has strong feelings for Sasuke.
aimop95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
Bansho Tennin
Academy Graduate
 
Bansho Tennin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: mount myoubokuzan
Posts: 64
Rep Power: 5
Bansho Tennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!Bansho Tennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!Bansho Tennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Remember when naruto meet his mother ....her last words before he died (flashback) Kushina-And as for women...Well i'm a women so i don't know what to say, but there are only man and women in this world and you'll want a girlfriend someday... Just try not to pick up a weird one...Try to fiind someone like your mother...
Kushina is also known by his short temperament just like Sakura ...When Kushina first saw naruto he punched him because naruto said she is kyubi ...Sakura did the same when she first saw naruto(Shippuden).
Hinata is a weird girl (Sorry hinata fans) she just appears twice a year once ...
if naruto will be in a relationship in my opinion should be with sakura.
Naruto and Hinata does not fit all . Hinata is a shy girl ...Naruto is always cheerful.
Remember after naruto fight with orochimaru when yamato said "it's not the size that count's for him , what really matter's its your fellings for him . Geez Sakura i can tell just by looking at you . YOU-" Yamato saw her feelings.
Kishi sure knows he can not put a character like Hinata with Naruto!!!
Bansho Tennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
aimop95
Apprentice Genin
 
aimop95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: In the Akatsuki Hideout.
Posts: 140
Rep Power: 5
aimop95 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansho Tennin View Post
Remember when naruto meet his mother ....her last words before he died (flashback) Kushina-And as for women...Well i'm a women so i don't know what to say, but there are only man and women in this world and you'll want a girlfriend someday... Just try not to pick up a weird one...Try to fiind someone like your mother...
Kushina is also known by his short temperament just like Sakura ...When Kushina first saw naruto he punched him because naruto said she is kyubi ...Sakura did the same when she first saw naruto(Shippuden).
Hinata is a weird girl (Sorry hinata fans) she just appears twice a year once ...
if naruto will be in a relationship in my opinion should be with sakura.
Naruto and Hinata does not fit all . Hinata is a shy girl ...Naruto is always cheerful.
Remember after naruto fight with orochimaru when yamato said "it's not the size that count's for him , what really matter's its your fellings for him . Geez Sakura i can tell just by looking at you . YOU-" Yamato saw her feelings.
Kishi sure knows he can not put a character like Hinata with Naruto!!!
*cough* then why'd she lie about her feelings to naruto during the end of the 5 kage summit. *cough*
aimop95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Night Blade852
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Night Blade852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Dark Corner Of Your Mind
Posts: 514
Rep Power: 6
Night Blade852 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimop95 View Post
*cough* then why'd she lie about her feelings to naruto during the end of the 5 kage summit. *cough*
See now that's the thing. We don't know if it was an actual lie or not. Yes she lied partly, but we don't know her true feelings yet. It's starting to look like she has mostly gotten over Sasuke now. And seriously, for all you people out there that think Sakura is pairing fodder...please pay more attention, because I don't know what in God's name that makes Hinata.

Sakura has the most development out of every female in the manga...possibly the only one that has development, but I'm not sure on that one. Compare part one Sakura to part two Sakura. Quite a bit of development for a character...especially if you're not really interested in you female characters like Kishi has said before. Sakura goes from an annoying, squeeky little fangirl and matures into a real Kunoichi. Second best medical ninja in the village, super human strenth, smart, good with hand-to-hand combat. Now take that development and compare it to all of the other females in the entire manga...especially Tenten and Hinata. No other woman compares to Sakura's development.

Sakura also has the most development on the romantic side of the manga. Sakura at first hated Naruto, and now she's proud to call him a friend. She was willing to risk her life TWICE to help Naruto. She had given up on Sasuke a total of three times but Naruto got her back in line. Which is not the Sakura I know from part ones.

Who was Sakura more worried about when Naruto and Sasuke ran at eachother again? Who was she more worried about when Shikamaru told her they were going to kill Sasuke? Was it her who cried over the topic? No. It wasn't. The only person who Sakura was worried about was Naruto the entire time. Now that's character development....come to think of it she might actually have the MOST development. But I'm not gonna put my money on that.

EEESH!! Sorry about the rant. It's just Sakura was my favorite character and don't like it if she's bashed or something...shutting up now...
__________________
BEST VID EVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Watch this and tell me you're not crying.
Night Blade852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
Biggs Darklighter
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Biggs Darklighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 754
Rep Power: 9
Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Blade852 View Post
See now that's the thing. We don't know if it was an actual lie or not. Yes she lied partly, but we don't know her true feelings yet. It's starting to look like she has mostly gotten over Sasuke now. And seriously, for all you people out there that think Sakura is pairing fodder...please pay more attention, because I don't know what in God's name that makes Hinata.

Sakura has the most development out of every female in the manga...possibly the only one that has development, but I'm not sure on that one. Compare part one Sakura to part two Sakura. Quite a bit of development for a character...especially if you're not really interested in you female characters like Kishi has said before. Sakura goes from an annoying, squeeky little fangirl and matures into a real Kunoichi. Second best medical ninja in the village, super human strenth, smart, good with hand-to-hand combat. Now take that development and compare it to all of the other females in the entire manga...especially Tenten and Hinata. No other woman compares to Sakura's development.

Sakura also has the most development on the romantic side of the manga. Sakura at first hated Naruto, and now she's proud to call him a friend. She was willing to risk her life TWICE to help Naruto. She had given up on Sasuke a total of three times but Naruto got her back in line. Which is not the Sakura I know from part ones.

Who was Sakura more worried about when Naruto and Sasuke ran at eachother again? Who was she more worried about when Shikamaru told her they were going to kill Sasuke? Was it her who cried over the topic? No. It wasn't. The only person who Sakura was worried about was Naruto the entire time. Now that's character development....come to think of it she might actually have the MOST development. But I'm not gonna put my money on that.

EEESH!! Sorry about the rant. It's just Sakura was my favorite character and don't like it if she's bashed or something...shutting up now...
What development? The fans of Naruto know absolutely next to nothing about Sakura's past, her lineage, her family's status in the village, what they do for a living, etc. It is one of the biggest criticisms I have of Sakura. I would say that Tsunade has more background development than Sakura.

Admit it Nightblade, it is fact. Kishimoto has neglected this for one reason or another whether you like it or not. I want to know the reason WHY he chose to do so to such an important character in the manga? How and why did she end up in such a team as the original Team 7. I don't think it was by chance or luck that Sakura ended up with Sasuke and Naruto. And I disagree with Sakura being the second best medic nin in Konoha. You haven't yet gauged Shizune's abilities. Is Sakura > Shizune in being a medic nin? Sakura is probably a comparable medic nin to Shizune. Is she better than Shizune? I disagree.

All we hear is Sakura's mother's voice once in the anime and the fact that she has parents in the manga. By comparison, we didn't know anything about Naruto's family until Jiraiya and Tsunade sat down and talked about them. And of course the Uchiha clan's background goes all the way back to the foundation of Konoha.

Last edited by Biggs Darklighter; 04-12-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Biggs Darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #10
aimop95
Apprentice Genin
 
aimop95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: In the Akatsuki Hideout.
Posts: 140
Rep Power: 5
aimop95 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Blade852 View Post
See now that's the thing. We don't know if it was an actual lie or not. Yes she lied partly, but we don't know her true feelings yet. It's starting to look like she has mostly gotten over Sasuke now. And seriously, for all you people out there that think Sakura is pairing fodder...please pay more attention, because I don't know what in God's name that makes Hinata.

Sakura has the most development out of every female in the manga...possibly the only one that has development, but I'm not sure on that one. Compare part one Sakura to part two Sakura. Quite a bit of development for a character...especially if you're not really interested in you female characters like Kishi has said before. Sakura goes from an annoying, squeeky little fangirl and matures into a real Kunoichi. Second best medical ninja in the village, super human strenth, smart, good with hand-to-hand combat. Now take that development and compare it to all of the other females in the entire manga...especially Tenten and Hinata. No other woman compares to Sakura's development.

Sakura also has the most development on the romantic side of the manga. Sakura at first hated Naruto, and now she's proud to call him a friend. She was willing to risk her life TWICE to help Naruto. She had given up on Sasuke a total of three times but Naruto got her back in line. Which is not the Sakura I know from part ones.

Who was Sakura more worried about when Naruto and Sasuke ran at eachother again? Who was she more worried about when Shikamaru told her they were going to kill Sasuke? Was it her who cried over the topic? No. It wasn't. The only person who Sakura was worried about was Naruto the entire time. Now that's character development....come to think of it she might actually have the MOST development. But I'm not gonna put my money on that.

EEESH!! Sorry about the rant. It's just Sakura was my favorite character and don't like it if she's bashed or something...shutting up now...
But why lie? if it was the truth, then it would have been sincere. That's my only problem, it sounds like she used Naruto's affection for her in an attempt to deceive him (granted Naruto saw through it instantly).

But enough with my rant. I just don't think Sakura loves Naruto as much as she loves Sasuke. I mean, if Sasuke did come back for some reason (which he will) Sakura will probably the first one to hug him.
__________________
Tobi was best Akatsuki before he was the "other Madra"
Watching Naruto, Soul Eater, and Fairy Tail!
aimop95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
Lari18
Genin
 
Lari18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 6
Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs Darklighter View Post
What development? The fans of Naruto know absolutely next to nothing about Sakura's past, her lineage, her family's status in the village, what they do for a living, etc. It is one of the biggest criticisms I have of Sakura. I would say that Tsunade has more background development than Sakura.

Admit it Nightblade, it is fact. Kishimoto has neglected this for one reason or another whether you like it or not. I want to know the reason WHY he chose to do so to such an important character in the manga? How and why did she end up in such a team as the original Team 7. I don't think it was by chance or luck that Sakura ended up with Sasuke and Naruto. And I disagree with Sakura being the second best medic nin in Konoha. You haven't yet gauged Shizune's abilities. Is Sakura > Shizune in being a medic nin? Sakura is probably a comparable medic nin to Shizune. Is she better than Shizune? I disagree.

All we hear is Sakura's mother's voice once in the anime and the fact that she has parents in the manga. By comparison, we didn't know anything about Naruto's family until Jiraiya and Tsunade sat down and talked about them. And of course the Uchiha clan's background goes all the way back to the foundation of Konoha.
Um I don't think Nightblade is talking about Sakura's background development but her personality development and he has a point.

Part 1 Sakura was a shallow, preteen girl who cared more about the opinion of her crush than anything, didn't attempt to do much concerning her ninja duties(and didn't seem to care much as long as Sasuke acknowledged her) and was incredibly insecure.

Part 2 Sakura is much bolder, cares more about others, MUCH more sure of herself, and does attempt to get stronger not to appease her crush, but to protect those important to her. Yeah she still has her faults, but she is hella different from before.

Part 1 Ino is confident and hotheaded with a caring side.

Part 2 Ino is confident and hotheaded with a caring side(not bashing Ino here. I love her).

Part 1 Tenten is...barely seen.

Part 2 Tenten we actually learn what she's like.

Part 1 Hinata is kind and thoughtful but incredibly shy and unconfident in both her abilities as a ninja and herself.

I'll admit that Hinata got some decent development in that she's more confident in herself but otherwise it didn't look like much else changed about her.

But about Sakura's background development...

Well technically we learned about Sakura's past. She was bullied a lot for having a big forehead until she met Ino. I think that meets the minimum requirements haha.

But I agree with everything else. There has to be a reason Sakura, who is a main character, has so little background. I heard one of the reasons may be because her background/family isn't important to the plot. But then why do we get to hear everyone else's sob story?

Kakashi's past for family life for example, while sad, didn't seem important to anything other than his character. You can make a case in early part 1 that Kakashi was essential to Team 7's development(and I'm not saying he wasn't). But in the end it leads to nothing other than being part of the reason Kakashi is a quirky character most of us love and enjoy. I don't think Naruto, Sakura, or Sasuke even know about Kakashi's family life.

And recently.
Spoiler:
Kabuto's past. What is the point of learning about his sob story this late in the game? It's not like knowing why he is the way he is will change anything :/.


Another thing is, even if Sakura's background is just that unimportant, then why not just talk about it in a databook? That's how we learned about the Akatsuki's backgrounds anyway.

I'm hoping we'll learn more about Sakura's family soon.

Quote:
But why lie? if it was the truth, then it would have been sincere. That's my only problem, it sounds like she used Naruto's affection for her in an attempt to deceive him (granted Naruto saw through it instantly).
Maybe it was sincere. But Naruto made it clear that nothing's going to happen until the whole Sasuke thing is resolved.

I just think it may have some truth to it because we never see Sakura apologizing to Naruto for lying to him. And we never hear from Sakura herself that she's lying. Sai says she is and Naruto says she is, but really, are those two the most trustworthy people on this matter?

Quote:
But enough with my rant. I just don't think Sakura loves Naruto as much as she loves Sasuke. I mean, if Sasuke did come back for some reason (which he will) Sakura will probably the first one to hug him.
Kishimoto said that Naruto's closer to her...but I guess that doesn't really mean she won't hug Sasuke if he ever came back haha.
Lari18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Godaime Kazekage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,663
Rep Power: 15
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

I actually disagree with your assessment on Hinata's words. Is Hinata being selfish in her thoughts about Naruto-of course! Everyone has their reasons for fighting a war and this war is very personal to her. The whole point of the war is defending Naruto (and Bee), the man she loves. Now saying she doesn't care about the war and about Naruto's safety is just way off base-she obviously cares about her teammates and Konoha and no one doubts that she deeply cares about Naruto and isn't just obsessed with him-she was willing to sacrifice her life to save him.

I think what she says is positive: She now shows that she has faith in Naruto and the alliance-she assumes that they will win the war; and she resolves herself to actually being there for Naruto after the war instead of just supporting him from the shadows.

Most critics of Hinata say that she is too timid and needs to get a backbone. This shows her growth-here she says that she is going to be with Naruto, which I take as asking him out, or how he feels about her-she's obviously waiting till after the war, because it's not as important as the fight for his life.

I take her statements in the war and all of the development after her confession in the Pain Arc as evidence that NaruHina is going to happen. All that's been shown since her confession is that she still deeply cares for him, and is now willing to ask him about his feelings after the war. Sakura on the other hand, has been shown to still be in love with Sasuke. Naruto's stand on Hinata is still unknown, but he definitely likes her to some degree and cheered her up during the war. The only way I see NaruSaku happening now after Hinata's statements is if Hinata dies in the war. Sakura still loves Sasuke, so it wouldn't make sense for her to have a 180 now and want to be with Naruto and even if she did it would make her seem like a huge because she knows that Hinata is in love with him.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
Night Blade852
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Night Blade852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Dark Corner Of Your Mind
Posts: 514
Rep Power: 6
Night Blade852 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs Darklighter View Post
What development? The fans of Naruto know absolutely next to nothing about Sakura's past, her lineage, her family's status in the village, what they do for a living, etc. It is one of the biggest criticisms I have of Sakura. I would say that Tsunade has more background development than Sakura.

Admit it Nightblade, it is fact. Kishimoto has neglected this for one reason or another whether you like it or not. I want to know the reason WHY he chose to do so to such an important character in the manga? How and why did she end up in such a team as the original Team 7. I don't think it was by chance or luck that Sakura ended up with Sasuke and Naruto. And I disagree with Sakura being the second best medic nin in Konoha. You haven't yet gauged Shizune's abilities. Is Sakura > Shizune in being a medic nin? Sakura is probably a comparable medic nin to Shizune. Is she better than Shizune? I disagree.

All we hear is Sakura's mother's voice once in the anime and the fact that she has parents in the manga. By comparison, we didn't know anything about Naruto's family until Jiraiya and Tsunade sat down and talked about them. And of course the Uchiha clan's background goes all the way back to the foundation of Konoha.
What Lari18 said. True, it's not very good for a lead character to not have a good background. But has it really affected the story that much? It looks to me like you're just a Sakura hater Biggs. I know you say you don't hate characters because you think it's stupid to hate a fictional character. But sometimes I wonder. You might wanna watch your mouth when talking about Sakura. She's based from Kishi's wife. So insult Sakura, you insult Kishi. And you seriously can't blame the characters for what they do. I mean c'mon!
__________________
BEST VID EVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Watch this and tell me you're not crying.

Last edited by Night Blade852; 04-13-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Night Blade852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
Night Blade852
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Night Blade852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Dark Corner Of Your Mind
Posts: 514
Rep Power: 6
Night Blade852 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godaime Kazekage View Post
I actually disagree with your assessment on Hinata's words. Is Hinata being selfish in her thoughts about Naruto-of course! Everyone has their reasons for fighting a war and this war is very personal to her. The whole point of the war is defending Naruto (and Bee), the man she loves. Now saying she doesn't care about the war and about Naruto's safety is just way off base-she obviously cares about her teammates and Konoha and no one doubts that she deeply cares about Naruto and isn't just obsessed with him-she was willing to sacrifice her life to save him.

I think what she says is positive: She now shows that she has faith in Naruto and the alliance-she assumes that they will win the war; and she resolves herself to actually being there for Naruto after the war instead of just supporting him from the shadows.

Most critics of Hinata say that she is too timid and needs to get a backbone. This shows her growth-here she says that she is going to be with Naruto, which I take as asking him out, or how he feels about her-she's obviously waiting till after the war, because it's not as important as the fight for his life.

I take her statements in the war and all of the development after her confession in the Pain Arc as evidence that NaruHina is going to happen. All that's been shown since her confession is that she still deeply cares for him, and is now willing to ask him about his feelings after the war. Sakura on the other hand, has been shown to still be in love with Sasuke. Naruto's stand on Hinata is still unknown, but he definitely likes her to some degree and cheered her up during the war. The only way I see NaruSaku happening now after Hinata's statements is if Hinata dies in the war. Sakura still loves Sasuke, so it wouldn't make sense for her to have a 180 now and want to be with Naruto and even if she did it would make her seem like a huge because she knows that Hinata is in love with him.
Wouldn't make sense for Sakura to change her feelings? She's the ONLY one who has doubted her feelings. And trust me, if a character gets to cocky he or she ususally dies. Not just in fantasies to, but in real life as well. And don't bring up Kishi's rule thing because that has seriously gotten annoying. I don't care who says it it's really getting on my last nerves.
__________________
BEST VID EVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Watch this and tell me you're not crying.
Night Blade852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
Bansho Tennin
Academy Graduate
 
Bansho Tennin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: mount myoubokuzan
Posts: 64
Rep Power: 5
Bansho Tennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!Bansho Tennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!Bansho Tennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Why would she plan to kill Sasuke if she so call "loved him? Why would she care for Naruto's pain chasing Sasuke if she didn't love him? Sakura is worried about Naruto in this problem so much that she loves him. .She obviously chose Naruto over Sasuke's life if she chosen Naruto over Sasuke she must have feelings for Naruto greater then the feelings for Sasuke. Witch means she is in love with Naruto
Bansho Tennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #16
Biggs Darklighter
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Biggs Darklighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 754
Rep Power: 9
Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Blade852 View Post
What Lari18 said. True, it's not very good for a lead character to not have a good background. But has it really affected the story that much? It looks to me like you're just a Sakura hater Biggs. I know you say you don't hate characters because you think it's stupid to hate a fictional character. But sometimes I wonder. You might wanna watch your mouth when talking about Sakura. She's based from Kishi's wife. So insult Sakura, you insult Kishi. And you seriously can't blame the characters for what they do. I mean c'mon!
Some of the best writers/characters in the world are hated and they have their critics. Do you actually believe everyone in the world is going to like or kiss up to your favorite character?

It may not have affected the story that much to you, but seriously it isn't hating/bashing when you are pointing out a serious omission of a major character's past like their personal background.

We know more about Ino Yamanaka because of her ties to the Akimichi and Nara clans. We know about Sasuke because of his well developed past. I would actually love nothing better than to see Sakura's past and her background revealed. Even if it Kishimoto happens to write about her in a databook. It would be a start.

Every character from Aoba to Zabuza to Kakashi to Sakura has their pros and cons. Get used to it. You have said it yourself that you are a professed fanboy of Sakura. That's fine and good for you.

Guess what Nightblade, the best writers in the world accept and welcome criticism as they know that it is an honor to have people critique their work from an objective viewpoint. These writers have an innate understanding that without critics, they wouldn't have a job. It is how these writers can learn to make improvement and get better.

About Kishimoto's wife. That is from a comment from Oda who attended Kishimoto's wedding. Oda commented that Kishimoto's wife looks like Sakura. This was a comment made back in October 2003.

http://www.thegrandline.com/odatoc.htm

I don't blame characters for what they do. I DO however, expect them to own up to their mistakes and learn from it so they don't repeat them.

Last edited by Biggs Darklighter; 04-13-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Biggs Darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #17
Lari18
Genin
 
Lari18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 6
Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Lari18 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

I'll tackled this bit by bit .

Quote:
I take her statements in the war and all of the development after her confession in the Pain Arc as evidence that NaruHina is going to happen. All that's been shown since her confession is that she still deeply cares for him, and is now willing to ask him about his feelings after the war.
But that doesn't guarantee Naruto will give her a positive answer.

Quote:
Sakura on the other hand, has been shown to still be in love with Sasuke.
Is that all you have to say about this? Not being sarcastic here, I am honestly curious if this is ALL you have to say.

Sakura could be in love with both Naruto and Sasuke.

Quote:
Naruto's stand on Hinata is still unknown, but he definitely likes her to some degree and cheered her up during the war.
*cough* friendship*cough*. Naruto's a nice guy. When he sees a friends who is down in the dumps he cheers them up. Nothing out of the ordinary about him cheering up Hinata so I don't understand how that is so special.

Quote:
The only way I see NaruSaku happening now after Hinata's statements is if Hinata dies in the war.
That's the ONLY way you see it happening? I feel the need to point out that Naruto hasn't been shown given Hinata any special thoughts/treatment that makes her different from his other friends.

He's been known to love Sakura since Part 1 and hasn't done anything to show that that has changed.

Quote:
Sakura still loves Sasuke, so it wouldn't make sense for her to have a 180 now and want to be with Naruto
Sorry if I'm making the wrong accusation here but it kind of looks like you're sideshipping SasuSaku for the sake of NaruHina. Just saying...

But it won't be a 180 because there has been plenty of build-up to NaruSaku. It's certainly plausible that she's in love with both and is just conflicted.

Quote:
and even if she did it would make her seem like a huge because she knows that Hinata is in love with him.
And...? If Naruto doesn't love Hinata back should Sakura still step down? I mean, it's not like Hinata will suffer a breakdown if she finds out Naruto won't return her feelings. She'll suck it up, move on, and be happy for him like a good friend should.

Besides two little things here.
1) When Sakura realizes Hinata loved Naruto she wasn't smiling.
2) Sakura knew Hinata loved Naruto and still told him she loved him anyway.

If NaruHina really had a sure chance, then Sakura would know before anybody. And yet, she found it okay to confess to Naruto. So I don't think Naruto's feelings for Hinata go beyond friendship.
Lari18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #18
Night Blade852
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Night Blade852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Dark Corner Of Your Mind
Posts: 514
Rep Power: 6
Night Blade852 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs Darklighter View Post
Some of the best writers/characters in the world are hated and they have their critics. Do you actually believe everyone in the world is going to like or kiss up to your favorite character?

It may not have affected the story that much to you, but seriously it isn't hating/bashing when you are pointing out a serious omission of a major character's past like their personal background.

We know more about Ino Yamanaka because of her ties to the Akimichi and Nara clans. We know about Sasuke because of his well developed past. I would actually love nothing better than to see Sakura's past and her background revealed. Even if it Kishimoto happens to write about her in a databook. It would be a start.

Every character from Aoba to Zabuza to Kakashi to Sakura has their pros and cons. Get used to it. You have said it yourself that you are a professed fanboy of Sakura. That's fine and good for you.

Guess what Nightblade, the best writers in the world accept and welcome criticism as they know that it is an honor to have people critique their work from an objective viewpoint. These writers have an innate understanding that without critics, they wouldn't have a job. It is how these writers can learn to make improvement and get better.

About Kishimoto's wife. That is from a comment from Oda who attended Kishimoto's wedding. Oda commented that Kishimoto's wife looks like Sakura. This was a comment made back in October 2003.

http://www.thegrandline.com/odatoc.htm

I don't blame characters for what they do. I DO however, expect them to own up to their mistakes and learn from it so they don't repeat them.
Ok, what the is your problem? I come here for the first time in...months. State an opinion, and you start jumping all over me. Hate to break it to you Biggs, but I coudn't care less about NaruSaku, NaruHina or whatever the hell is going on now. I've completely stopped reading and watching Naruto. Way too many other important things on my agenda. Got a new job, getting ready to graduate from highschool and go to a votech for a couple of years AND worrying about my own book and story writing. Basically I've gotten a life. Do you see much of any time in there to be worying about a freaking anime? I sure as hell don't. I just wanted to see peoples views on chapter 573. That is if it's alright with you princess.
__________________
BEST VID EVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Watch this and tell me you're not crying.
Night Blade852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #19
SHINOBI OF DARKNESS
Ninja Academy Student
 
SHINOBI OF DARKNESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 48
Rep Power: 0
SHINOBI OF DARKNESS is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

TBH with you, it seems very ass pulled that Hinata and Naruto end up together, she's rarely in the manga, has very little relationship development and she basically is still obsessing over Naruto. True Sakura does like Sasuke still, but she has her doubts. Naruto still likes Sakura, the fact that he still calls her "chan" is all the evidence needed,
SHINOBI OF DARKNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #20
Biggs Darklighter
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Biggs Darklighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 754
Rep Power: 9
Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Biggs Darklighter is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: My thoughts on Hinata's words in chap 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI OF DARKNESS View Post
TBH with you, it seems very ass pulled that Hinata and Naruto end up together, she's rarely in the manga, has very little relationship development and she basically is still obsessing over Naruto. True Sakura does like Sasuke still, but she has her doubts. Naruto still likes Sakura, the fact that he still calls her "chan" is all the evidence needed,

The numbers below are the chapter numbers. Hinata rarely appears? Hinata is a regular recurring supporting character. Naruto still calling Sakura "chan" doesn't prove anything. It is not evidence for anything.

Here are Hinata's appearances in the manga in Part 1:

Spoiler:


34 (first appearance)
39 through chapter 46
58 and 59
65 through chapter 70
74 through chapter 81
98 through chapter 105
122 (in Hiruzen's thoughts of Konoha nins)
172
232 (collage of various images with characters from all of Part I)
238



Hinata appearances in the manga in Part 2:

Spoiler:

262 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
279 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
282
354 through chapter 357
363 through chapter 365
371
380
383
394 through chapter 396
420 and 421
425 (in Kakashi's thoughts of Konoha nins)
430
434
437 and 438
441 through chapter 443
450
454 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
457 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
459
469 (in Kiba's thoughts of the Teams 8/10/Gai meeting with Sakura)
484 (in Sasuke's thoughts of Konoha nins; in Sakura's thoughts of her meeting with Teams 8/10/Gai)
488
490 (in Naruto's thoughts of his Kyuubi transformations)
505 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
515 and 516
521
526
537 and 538
540 and 541
552 (in Naruto's thoughts of Konoha nins)
558 and 559
573

Last edited by Biggs Darklighter; 04-24-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Biggs Darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.