Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #41
Kiez
Veteran Chunin

Kiez is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Generations, worst story mode ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
What is the relevance of Call of Duty?

Are you actually defending the lack of a compelling story because you want them to hold back on it until Storm 3? You are alright with spending $60 on a game today, and forgive them for a phoned-in story mode because you would prefer to spend 60$ in the future to have a good story mode?

Story mode was so pathetically easy, I didn't feel like I was playing. And I am NOT bragging by any means. I am the first to claim that I am getting absolutely OWNED on xboxlive currently I think I am 4-15. However "super hard" story mode was a cake walk, a snooze fest. So no, I don't feel like I experienced the fighting mechanics, which was the focus of this game, by playing through the story mode. If anything my experience was tarnished because of how easy it was, and how shocking the reality check was when I played with real people.
You said there is no excuse for a game to be released without the focus being on single player. Call of Duty does that. That is why it is relevant. The best selling game franchise ever.

Story mode was so easy in Storm 1 & 2 also. What is your point?

Most people knew from when the game was first announced that it would not focus on story mode, so why are you complaining about spending $60 on it? Why did you buy it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #42
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Is 4-5 hours really worth b*tching over?
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #43
TetsuShatarii
Academy Graduate

TetsuShatarii is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This was a terrible story mode. Personally, I liked the RPG story in Storm 2. It did get tedious at times but it was still fun. It wasn't just one fight after another with a narrator and some pictures. I mean the only real upside to this game was that it had a few new characters. And I say a few because there should have been a lot more. I mean, why have support only characters? That's so stupid. Why cant it be like the recent DBZ games where they include EVERYONE? What would be so hard about that? That would have even made up for the crap story mode. Overall I'm pretty bummed about this game.
TetsuShatarii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #44
Kiez
Veteran Chunin

^ I give up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #45
ChaosInuYasha
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: My Air Pirate base.....What you want me to tell you where it is!? No way!
ChaosInuYasha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
I am honestly blown away about how you guys actually like having the characters locked.
Not all of us want a game already played for us. Also not all of us fight online so if everyone was unlocked what'd there be for us to do? Though I will say I HATE when characters are 'locked' and you have to use DLC to 'unlock' them. That there is just plain moronic.

@Kiez - The people who are complaining about the games are late to the party and didn't do the research.

It's called RESEARCH people. Do it sometime. Read up on the game. Find out what's in it before you shell out cash to get it. Everyone who knew ahead of time knew there wasn't gonna be a OMG EPIC story. I will agree about Support only. I HATED that in Storm 1 and I was glad it wasn't in Storm 2 and I'm annoyed its back in this game. Still I knew about it for awhile so I'm not all "OMG WUT IZ DIS!?!" like some of you late party crashers are.

I'm a Bi guy who likes yaoi. You got a problem with that?
Wanna be a Blue Rouge Air Pirate? Feel free to ask me for the details.

Last edited by ChaosInuYasha; 04-05-2012 at 08:45 AM.
ChaosInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #46
Uzumaki_Naruto14
Academy Graduate

Uzumaki_Naruto14 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInuYasha View Post
Not all of us want a game already played for us. Also not all of us fight online so if everyone was unlocked what'd there be for us to do? Though I will say I HATE when characters are 'locked' and you have to use DLC to 'unlock' them. That there is just plain moronic.

@Kiez - The people who are complaining about the games are late to the party and didn't do the research.

It's called RESEARCH people. Do it sometime. Read up on the game. Find out what's in it before you shell out cash to get it. Everyone who knew ahead of time knew there wasn't gonna be a OMG EPIC story. I will agree about Support only. I HATED that in Storm 1 and I was glad it wasn't in Storm 2 and I'm annoyed its back in this game. Still I knew about it for awhile so I'm not all "OMG WUT IZ DIS!?!" like some of you late party crashers are.
What's the problem with supports?
Uzumaki_Naruto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #47
Kiez
Veteran Chunin

^ Support only characters.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #48
Uzumaki_Naruto14
Academy Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiez View Post
^ Support only characters.
There are support only characters? Who?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #49
Roronoa Zoro
The Demon Cutting Emperor
Formerly DaL4stUch1ha

Location: Getting ready to enter Joker's Tournament in the New World
Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Roronoa Zoro is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to Roronoa Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Naruto14 View Post
The last 15 characters on the last row are support only and can u guys plz check your pms cuz I sent majority of u guys pms... Thank You =)
Roronoa Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #50
VirtualAlex
Genin Elite

VirtualAlex saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to VirtualAlex

I am not upset I purchased the game. I was going to get it 100% since it was announced because I am in it to play online. I don't care about the story mode. At least I thought I didn't, once I realized how awful it was it really started to get me agitated.

I have never played COD and I am not sure what the SP mode is all about. Is it very terrible or something? Isn't there some kind of army-style mission mode where you go kill bad guys etc? I am sorry I'm not familiar but from my understanding COD is mostly an online deathmatch game right?

Do you need to play story mode to unlock a bunch of stuff in MP?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #51
ChaosInuYasha
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: My Air Pirate base.....What you want me to tell you where it is!? No way!
ChaosInuYasha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Naruto14 View Post
If you're asking that I doubt you own the game.

I'm a Bi guy who likes yaoi. You got a problem with that?
Wanna be a Blue Rouge Air Pirate? Feel free to ask me for the details.
ChaosInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #52
Uzumaki_Naruto14
Academy Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInuYasha View Post
If you're asking that I doubt you own the game.
I don't own the game but i would like to learn more about it as i aim to purchase a new console to play it
Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #53
coolm3
Genin

coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to coolm3

I never once thought about buying this game for the story, Period.This game was never meant to have a compelling story, why you ask? There isn't much that they can do without redoing everything to make it look "new" for the people that want a story making you redo storm 2 again, losing money. Or they could wait for the war to end, manga to end etc do the next game with whatever happens in the story have an amazing animations/storyline/storymode/etc. pleasing both sides and everyone wins .
The country? The skies? You can have them. I'm busy just protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

You rep me I rep you
coolm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #54
Hassu94
Apprentice Genin

Hassu94 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It should have costed 40 instead of 70... as I said before the release, they've just put together 2 games, added some characters and added some particulars...
Story mode finished in a pair hours, skipped the anime cause I've already seen them and also read the manga...
And I don't like the online mode cause of spammers but that's another thing.

my list of CHARACTERS for STORM 3

R A I N B O W
C H A K R A

Hassu94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #55
Hassu94
Apprentice Genin

Hassu94 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassu94 View Post
It should have costed 40 instead of 70... as I said before the release, they've just put together 2 games, added some characters and added some particulars...
Story mode finished in a pair hours, skipped the anime cause I've already seen them and also read the manga...
And I don't like the online mode cause of spammers but that's another thing.
Or they could have made a BIG DLC... characters pack, story pack and all the particulars added in new patches, like they do in Uncharted3

my list of CHARACTERS for STORM 3

R A I N B O W
C H A K R A

Hassu94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #56
TheJaceX
Chunin Exam Proctor

TheJaceX is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TheJaceX is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TheJaceX is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.TheJaceX is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I think that was interesting but unoriginal. If you put individual character stories they should have different unseen endings like MK. And characters should be unlocked in multiplayer too like storm 2 and ssb
TheJaceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #57
VirtualAlex
Genin Elite

VirtualAlex saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to VirtualAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm3 View Post
I never once thought about buying this game for the story, Period.This game was never meant to have a compelling story
I also did not buy this game for story mode. I purchased it so I can fight epic battles with my friends. I spend $60 on this game, and then once I got it I had to also perform the CHORE of slogging through the story mode. The story mode which I put on "super hard' just to make it AT ALL interesting. It still wasn't.

If you agree with me that the story mode was not compelling, than you should be as upset as I am with how little effort they spent on it.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #58
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Is 4-5 hours really worth b*tching over?
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #59
sasori2701
Special Jonin Candidate

sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasori2701 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

when i first went to story and selected sasuke as my first i expected nothing good as for the scenes. The begining scenes and ending scenes for everyone was epic. Very cool. The middle.... not too good

Suffer long and it will set you free
Only through trial do we find the strength we need
It's never over, just another day
Of hope and tragedies and everything that comes our way

sasori2701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #60
Sasori Red Sand
Apprentice Genin

Sasori Red Sand is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Look, love the game. Can't wait to spend 100 hours playing this online.

The first mistake is forcing players to play the single player to unlock the characters. Nobody likes this. Even people who like the story (how/why?) shouldn't have to put in 10 hours of gameplay just to unlock the game.

While 10 hours is hyperbole, I actually agree with Virtual Alex on this. All characters should be available straight from the start. This won't stop me from playing storymode, and lord knows there's a lot to unlock without hiding characters. Actually based on what I saw of the story mode in Storm 2, I am considering getting a used copy just to try it out.

Still, if I want to just play online, or even against the com in a generic match I'd like to be able to choose any character I want straight from the start. It won't diminish the story mode, except maybe in Generations which had a pretty generic story mode IMO, but based on what I've seen online when it comes to the story mode of Storm, and Storm 2 those look like they would be worth trying just for the sake of trying.