Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Was George Zimmerman Justifed?

Here is a video of Zimmerman coming into the police: http://www.freep.com/article/2012032...yssey=nav|head No bruising, no cuts, no scars to support his story of being beaten.

Testimony from girlfriend on phone with Martin: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...e-2249251.html Guy was stalking him and then confronted and pushed him causing earpiece to fall out. Disputes claims that Zimmerman was "jumped"

Testimony of people finding Zimmerman straddling body: http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/...the-right-path

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #22
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Oh and ouch.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/po...w-head-injury/

It is shame when a piece of evidence goes agaisnt you.
Uhh, that just looks like his head. I don't see any cut or bruise. Just his head.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Denial now I see.

How about you just admit there is no way to determine one way or anothr with that video particualrly it was taken after he was treated on the scene.

As for you links
1. Already discussed.

2. Her only evidence is what we already know. Martin knew he was being followed and confronted Zimmerman. The rest is assumptions on her part.

3. Witnesses after the gun shot. Meaning the didn't see what the witness saw before the gunshot, which backed Zimmerman's story. More assumption on witnesses part that a voice was not an adult. Pretty meaningless as 17-year old wouldn't sound like a child anyway. We already know a witness said Zimmerman screaming, so it was him.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #24
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Denial now I see.

How about you just admit there is no way to determine one way or anothr with that video particualrly it was taken after he was treated on the scene.

As for you links
1. Already discussed.

2. Her only evidence is what we already know. Martin knew he was being followed and confronted Zimmerman. The rest is assumptions on her part.

3. Witnesses after the gun shot. Meaning the didn't see what the witness saw before the gunshot, which backed Zimmerman's story. More assumption on witnesses part that a voice was not an adult. Pretty meaningless as 17-year old wouldn't sound like a child anyway. We already know a witness said Zimmerman screaming, so it was him.
1. Actually he denied on scene treatment, from what I recall.

2. More like common sense. Some guy comes up to the person you are on the phone with and then all of a sudden it is silent and then disconnects.

3. It clearly says BEFORE the gun shot. No we don't. As I said earlier and provided in the link, the person who was screaming is in debate amongst the different testimonials. Don't just throw stuff out because it doesn't support you. And she said it sounded young, never said anything about a child, stop making stuff up.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #25
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuki View Post
1. Actually he denied on scene treatment, from what I recall.

2. More like common sense. Some guy comes up to the person you are on the phone with and then all of a sudden it is silent and then disconnects.

3. It clearly says BEFORE the gun shot. No we don't. As I said earlier and provided in the link, the person who was screaming is in debate amongst the different testimonials. Don't just throw stuff out because it doesn't support you. And she said it sounded young, never said anything about a child, stop making stuff up.
Not true. He did not go to a hospital afterwards. He did receive on scene treatment.

An assumption. We are delaing with facts. You have yet to provide any that refutes what the witness saw. Namely, Martin was on top of ZImmerman.

It does not, it clearly says after. Reread your story.
Cutcher and her roommate, Selma Lamilla, say they went outside when they heard the gunshot and saw Zimmerman standing over Martin.

Now you are getting into sematics. Lets go back to what the witness said shall we?

It sounded young. It didn't sound like a grown man is my point. It sounded to me like someone was in distress and it wasn’t like a crying, sobbing boo-hoo, it was a definite whine
Grown man? What is not a grown man? Oh yes, a child.

Of course, all these witness statements are only to reporters well after the fact. People's memories tend to believe what they think happened. All this means, is the police report is a much better picture of what really happened.

Last edited by Wooster; 03-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #26
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Not true. He did not go to a hospital afterwards. He did receive on scene treatment.

An assumption. We are delaing with facts. You have yet to provide any that refutes what the witness saw. Namely, Martin was on top of ZImmerman.

It does not, it clearly says after. Reread your story.
Cutcher and her roommate, Selma Lamilla, say they went outside when they heard the gunshot and saw Zimmerman standing over Martin.

Now you are getting into sematics. Lets go back to what the witness said shall we?

It sounded young. It didn't sound like a grown man is my point. It sounded to me like someone was in distress and it wasn’t like a crying, sobbing boo-hoo, it was a definite whine
Grown man? What is not a grown man? Oh yes, a child.

Of course, all these witness statements are only to reporters well after the fact. People's memories tend to believe what they think happened. All this means, is the police report is a much better picture of what really happened.
Even if he did, is that treatment supposed to make all the scars and bruising magically disappear? I don't think so.

“We both saw him straddling the body, basically, a foot on both sides of Trayvon’s body and his hands pressed on his back,” Cutcher said. How bout dem apples?

Eyewitnesses describe hearing what they thought was a young person in distress just before they heard the gunshot that killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Umm yeah, what was that? You forgot to read? Again

What is not a Grown Man? A TEENAGER! BOOM HEADSHOT! Suck on that!

Umm yeah, the police who let the main suspect walk away after a murder. Because their report is sure to be great. =D

I'm not going to debate with someone who doesn't debate in good faith, and comes up with crap and ignores stuff clearly presented in front of him.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

The video does not show Zimmerman is not injured, you just want to believe that. At best, it shows nothing one way or the other. Zimmerman did go to the hospital the next day for a broken nose. Medical records will show if that is true or not.

Yes, AFTER the gunshot. HE did just kill Martin, I imagine he might stand over the body afterwards. It certainly is not impossible, at least. Here let's try again:

Trust me, the sound of a gunshot travels much faster than Cluther could go outside. Please, note that is the same person you quoted. And again, I am not contradicting any of these witnesses, how do you refute the witness in the police report that saw Martin on top of Zimmerman?

Tell me how you determine who is screaming by sound alone? The witness that saw it stated Zimmerman was screaming.

17-years is an old teenager and is a full grown man and sounds like a full grown man. I am sorry you don't understand the human growth cyle. When Zimmerman was getting the crap beat out of him, he no doubt sounded like a little school girl if only "not a full grown man."

And there we go, you assume they are lying becaue you have made up your mind without considering the facts.

So you don't debate with yourself?

Last edited by Wooster; 03-29-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #28
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Okay so since Wooster refuses to debate honestly I suggest we ignore his posts from now on and continue the debate with anyone who wants to honestly discuss this case.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #29
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

What I find despicable irresponsible and stupid is that they're making this a race issue..as opposed to what appears to be one self righteous frustrated person gunning down a teenager who may very well have been acting some what suspicious.

I find it criminal that they did the whole no confidence thing to the police chief but the black Panthers put a bounty out on Zimmermens head and they aren't arrested and given the same treat a mobster would for that? that Spike Lee can without even bothering to do god damn research just copy pasta an address and in the middle of a damn investigation get thousands of people to go after this guy? Only for it to be an innocent old couple..and the dude isn't hauled in for questioning? or told under no certain terms if those gramps get worked over because of his irresponsible actions he'll be punished for it"?

No worse then the actual case is how badly this is being handled..how everyone is rushing to be PC and make this the next Rodney King mess- that needs to stop now..and people need to be taken to task for their actions on both sides of the fence for that. That is consummate

onto Zimmerman: did he really get assaulted? it doesn't look like it from the police videos and the like..no what it looks like is he was frustrated upset.."these people always get away" type comments.and the like.. he had a little bit of power and he acted on it..should he be charged with murder? if the police investigation (not a media investigation not modern pinkertons hired by any activist groups) but the legit law finds the guy committed an act of self defense..then no he shouldn't and he should be free to sue the ever lasting crap out of every single celebrity and media person who has tried to lynch him...

but if it went down like I think it did? Yeah send the guy up the river he killed an innocent kid. but I'm not sure what exactly happened the charged atmosphere and chummed waters make it very hard.;

I mean really..he has every right to act using lethal force..to defend himself and his community if that's what he did. I Come from a country where social justice has taken over the system and the criminals have more rights then the people they rob..and assault and I thank god everyday I live in a country now where I have the right to defend myself...but my right to defend myself doesn't mean I've got the right to profile a kid and put his brains on the pavement.

in short: if the kid really did assault him everyone needs to recompense the guy for doing his civic duty..some reports suggest that this isn't what happened that he gunned down an innocent kid..no idea if those are objective or not What I do know..this is all being handled very poorly by everyone involved
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #30
Taka-hebi1
Special Jonin Candidate

Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Taka-hebi1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Here's what I think: George Zimmerman news reports on him said that he said he saw a Hooded man walking who looked supicious. It was indeed Traevon George says T.Martin attacked him right?,But this really add up why would T.Martin attack him?I think his claimed "Self Defense" Is Bs.

Taka-hebi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #31
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taka-hebi1 View Post
Here's what I think: George Zimmerman news reports on him said that he said he saw a Hooded man walking who looked supicious. It was indeed Traevon George says T.Martin attacked him right?,But this really add up why would T.Martin attack him?I think his claimed "Self Defense" Is Bs.
while that is certainly possible..you aren't coming to that conclusion based off much of anything..it seems and that's not good that causes more problems then it solves
Old 03-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #32
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I don't see any point applying motives to either of them. In the end, there is what happened and what can be proved.

Thus far, there is nothing to contradict that Zimmerman acted in self defense. Until such time, people shouldn't proclaim him a murderer.

Now if Zimmerman instigated the scuffle, he would perhaps be guilty of manslaughter. But if at any point Zimmerman tried to retreat or was unable to retreat and Martin kept on him, Zimmerman is in his right to defend himself with any means necessary.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #33
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

I like how limiting our self defense laws..is the logical reaction of this incident

No matter what country you live in..the left never changes ever
Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

That would cause a big problem for Detroit residents. Police take hours to reply to calls to 911

Old 03-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #35
ONIMUSHA
Special Jonin Candidate

ONIMUSHA saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!ONIMUSHA saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Wooster, if he was really beaten as badly as you say, he would be absolutely COVERED in cuts and bruises on his face, no treatment could make that go away that quickly, hell, he would also have a major concussion which would result in him not being able to walk right, if at all, for at least a few days
ONIMUSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #36
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
That would cause a big problem for Detroit residents. Police take hours to reply to calls to 911
you think that's the end of it wait until your thrown in jail for manslaughter for killing two armed thugs because your gun is a higher caliber then theirs

just happened to a family friend back home
Old 03-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #37
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONIMUSHA View Post
Wooster, if he was really beaten as badly as you say, he would be absolutely COVERED in cuts and bruises on his face, no treatment could make that go away that quickly, hell, he would also have a major concussion which would result in him not being able to walk right, if at all, for at least a few days
not really..he should have bruises on his face or head..but not necessarily a bloody heap
Old 03-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #38
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

@omnimusha:To be honest there is always the possibility that zimmerman was able to stave off the kid before finally being able to pull out his gun. Though that's only a superficial assumption because my first impression was this zimmerman guy randomly killed some kid. Now there's the possibility of the kid attacking him? With that there's nothing I can really say except wait for solid evidence to consider.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #39
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxeres View Post
That's easy.

Testosterone nuff said.

Um, since when can a 911 Call say anything in the case of a combat? He would've hung up the phone and then lead to the following, therefore how else would the 911 call have track of him? No he should't have, it is also documented that Martin has had a history of being an aggressive person, shown by his FB and his school records. As well as his father in the interview saying " Your going to die" is what was said to Zimmerman by Martian. He ended the kids life because of what he said and the aggression he brought on by it.
wait a minute what? the kid had a record or a history?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #40
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Either way how it happened the whole incident and death could have been avoided. The whole incident is subjective and opinionated No one knows what happened for sure. Not unless you are god like wooster said. But regardless Zimmerman still followed him instead of calling the police. Which clearly meant somewhere in his mind he wanted or was looking for a confrontation. That is my view on it.
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote