Bronze V 4 lyfe
Join Date: May 2010
Location: All Pizza
Rep Power: 27
Rebirth: Devroux D. Alter
Name: Devroux D. Alter
Weight: 135 lbs.
Affiliation: Neutrality || The Escudo Rebellion
Reiatsu: Keeper's Will - This reiatsu is quiet, manifesting in the appearance of a large clock-like form around the user. The clock that shows very lightly on the ground around the user becomes the zone in which movements are easily predicted, causing close combat to be either an easy draw or a loss to the opponent.
Wife: Amaryllis // EmoSakura
- Description - Tempus in his sealed state is no more than a pure white katana. He lays dormant, giving smart remarks to his wielder in a half serious, half joking manner. He has no emotions over killing, but would prefer to settle disputes with words rather than with bloodshed.
- Kido (鬼道, "demon way", or "spirit way") - The technique that Shinigami use to focus their Spiritual Energy into a wide variety of magic spells that can serve many purposes, such as healing, defense, or combat. According to Sōsuke Aizen, it is one of the four basic Shinigami combat forms.
- Release Command - "Keep, Tempus."
- Description - Tempus becomes a bit more series as he takes the steps into shikai, becoming a pair of dual pistols. His attitude towards killing doesn't change though and he would rather defend his wielder than fight, but he does not go against the will of his holder, killing as is asked of him.
- Combat - Tempus becomes a set of dual pistols, becoming more agile and powerful in his smaller form, but also becoming harder to use in close-combat situations. In order to make up for this lack of ability at short ranges, the user is capable of using the gun as a blunt object in order to bludgeon his target if he gets close enough. In addition to this, the bullets of these guns are not literal bullets, but pockets of time warping energy. The gun is also able to summon Alter Ribbons from all sides that are also used for combat.
- Alter Ribbons - These ribbons are not normal ribbons, but stronger versions that can be controlled with the linked will of Tempus and its wielder or the telekinetic abilities granted through the use of a hollow mask. They have sharp ends, but they are not as strong as a sword alone. In order to strengthen these ribbons, the user's energy is capable of being flooded into them as well as becoming a vessel for the use of time manipulation.
- Time - Tempus grants the wielder the ability to control time, but not through the aspect of age. The energy used to warp time is capable of teleporting anything hit by it to different places that it could be throughout time, but not changing the age of the object. In addition to this, precognition is also an ability the user gains. This precognition is able to view the future, but only a few seconds into it to allow better preparation for and against attacks.
- Release Command - "Control, Tempus Tractus."
- Description - In this stage, Tempus releases all of his former hindrances in order to become more powerful than he was before. In addition to the power upgrade, Tempus also becomes more willing to kill, having no qualms about doing what he was created to do.
- Combat - The shape of the actual zanpaktou does not shift as it transcends shikai into bankai. However, a transparent beast is summoned with the user as a part of the bankai. This presence can act as a physical being would, but is actually the physical, humanoid manifestation of time and space. Movements from the wielder become swifter and stronger; the abilities granted by the zanpaktou increase in strength and adaptability.
- Alter Ribbons - The Alter Ribbons that once were become more agile and stronger, gaining their own similarities to long, flexible swords. In addition to the bonus of strength, they become not only a vessel for the time distorting energies used by the zanpaktou, but also the energies that manipulate and use space.
- Time - The manipulation of time becomes easier for the zanpaktou, able to move only identified pieces of the target through time rather than everything in a given area. In addition to this, the time manipulating energy seeps out of the zanpaktou, forcing small pieces of whatever it hits to fly through time in all directions.
- Space - In bankai, space also becomes something usable by the zanpaktou for combat use. With the control over space, it becomes possible to literally reap the heavens apart, swallowing whatever enters the gaps in space. However, the extent of this power is not only that of creating holes in the universe, but creating different natural phenomenon as well, such as creating black holes.
- Description - Hollowfication is the joining of a soul reaper with hollow abilities. In order to do this, the user must allow part of the hollow to gain control, creating the mask of one over their own face or head. In this case, the skull of a dragon forms completely over the head of the user. In addition to the mask, the user's eyes also change into a cat-like form, becoming purple with a line for the pupil. This transformation may look small, but it provides a boost in speed and strength as well as allowing the use of hollow powers like cero and bala.
- Bala (虚弾 (バラ), bara; Spanish for "Bullet", Japanese for "Hollow Bullet") - An Arrancar-exclusive technique that hardens the user's Reiatsu and releases it like a swift blast of spiritual energy. While the technique is not nearly as powerful as a Cero, its speed is 20 times faster and allows for it to be fired in quick repetition. In addition, it possesses more concussive force than a Cero does.
- Cero (虚閃 (セロ), sero; Spanish for "Zero", Japanese for "Hollow Flash") - A form of attack used by Menos, Arrancar and Visored. As a standard energy blast, it consists of firing a powerful blast of concentrated spiritual energy at the target. The power, force, speed, and blast area of the Cero is dependent on the strength, spiritual power, and sometimes skill of the user (i.e., the stronger the user, the stronger the attack).
- Telekinesis - With the dramatically increased level of power gained with the use of a hollow mask, shinigami are capable of gaining the ability to control objects by use to their mind. Levitation of materials is an example of such an ability, usable in a multitude of ways.
- Aspect of Regret
- Description - Regret is an emotion that is felt all over the world by everyone. It can push people to actions that they normally wouldn't take or change a person completely. Regret is a powerful sensation and in this form, regret takes control of the Devroux, combining him with his zanpaktou and hollow powers in order to create a being with unimaginable power. This power is used for combat or to change moments of strong regret in his past.
- Alter Ribbons
- Uitta Manus (Ribbon Hand) - A large amount of Alter Ribbons extend from the zanpaktou and create a large hand. The hand acts like a regular human hand does and has strength equivalent to its size.
- Loculo (Coffin) - The Alter Ribbons from the user's zanpaktou extend in order to surround something, encasing it in a solid, coffin-like structure. The ribbons then begin to tighten, decreasing the size of the coffin until the object held within is completely crushed.
- Genius Cavae Glans (Sonic Bala) - Decreasing the size of an average bala down to that equivalent of a needle and decreasing the power to barely recognizable levels, this technique can be fired at rates faster than that of a shunpo/sonido making it extremely hard to dodge when fired. The speed that it travels is most of its power in itself, giving it the ability to pass through the body of its target with little to no decrease in momentum.
- Cavae Glans Potestatum (Bala Power) - By decreasing the speed of the bala, this technique can grow in power to be near equivalent to that of a cero. Although it's speed is traded equally for power, it is still capable of traveling faster than a cero. The power of this technique is that of making it capable to bust through steel walls and smash its way through large buildings. If hit directly, it can blow massive holes through the target's body with sheer power alone.
- Lucifer's Unguis (Lucifer's Talon) - Using a high control over reiatsu and the ability to use ceros gained from the use of a hollow mask, the user is capable of creating a cero that runs the length of their zanpaktou. In a downwards stab, the cero shoots from the zanpaktou at the sharpest point at the moment of impact, causing far greater damage than a normal stab or a normal cero.
- Bakudo #21: Sekienton (赤煙遁, Red Smoke Flight) - Creates a blast upon activation and is used like a ninja's smoke bomb.
- Bakudo #30: Shitotsu Sansen (嘴突三閃, Beak-Thrust Tri-Flash) - Forming a golden triangle with one's finger, it shoots three beams of light that pin the target to one place on a surface, slamming into his or her body in three places in a shape of an equilateral triangle.
- Bakudo #39: Enkōsen (円閘扇, Round Lock Fan) - Summons a shield of condensed reiatsu to block opponents' attacks.
- Bakudo #62: Hyapporankan (百歩欄干, Hundred-Step Rail Parch) - A rod formed of energy is thrown towards the target before it disintegrates into numerous short rods which are used to pin the target to the surroundings and render them immobile.
- Hado #4: Byakurai (白雷, Pale Lightning) - The user fires a concentrated, powerful lightning bolt from their finger.
- Hado #11: Tsuzuri Raiden (綴雷電, Bound Lightning) - Electric current flows through any object the user touches and is able to lead electricity, damaging any target that is in contact with the object the current runs through.
- Hado #54: Haien (廃炎, Nullific Flames) - Fires a blast of purple spiritual energy that will incinerate a target completely when it makes contact.
- Gurges Scutem (Vortex Shield) - Using shunpo/sonido speeds, the user kicks off the ground and rotates at a speed near incomprehensible. Excreting reiatsu from all portions of the body, a sphere is created around the user to protect them from outside forces. The rotation of the reiatsu gives it a boost in defense power, able to knock away most attacks simply by using speed.
- Gurges Tormento (Vortex Cannon) - With similar movements to that of a Vortex Shield, the user rotates in place creating a sphere of reiatsu around them. However, by maneuvering the arms, the top of the sphere opens up to look near identical to that of a tornado. Using the rotation and shape of the reiatsu, the user is able to shoot stuff from this twister at massive speeds. With training, the accuracy of this movement can grow to be near inescapable.
- Fissura (Fissure) - By cracking the air, and more accurately space as a whole, the user creates a fissure in space that opens a gap to nothingness. Whatever falls in it is lost to purgatory, a world made of nothingness, but ultimately a pocket dimension in the realm between life and death that the zanpaktou has complete control over.
- Nigrum Foramen, Albus Foramen (Black Hole, White Hole) - The user creates black holes and white holes wherever they choose. When something goes into a black hole, a random white hole will shoot it back out at top speed. The black holes are not as powerful as the real thing, but the combination of the two can create almost a machine gun-like attack or defense.
- Pacta (Compact) - Alter Ribbons surround and object or area and compact it into a small, black sphere that is the combined space of all that was encircled by the Alter Ribbons before compaction. The sphere is very dense and heavy, crushing anything that is unfortunate enough to come between it and the ground and creating a small crater in the ground as it lays there.
- Gravitatis Mens (Gravity Mind) - Anything that can be physically carried that comes within 10 feet of the user immediately falls to the ground and cannot be removed from that position while the user is able to concentrate and use his telekinesis on the aforementioned objects.
- Gatling Iactare (Gatling Toss) - Dirt, gravel, and any other loose objects around the user are tossed with the power of the mind at the target with tremendous speeds. The objects thrown become like bullets and can seemingly "chew" through many substances.
- Columnus ex Tempus (Columns of Time) - The user strikes the ground and raises a transparent column from the ground that shoots into the sky. Ultimately, the column does nothing, but a collection of these columns can distort time throughout the world.
His emotions vary from situation to situation, but they rarely ever suit the occasion very well. Only when he fights does his attitude become hardened and serious, ready to battle it out for his life or just to have fun shedding blood. He likes to get into situations that normal men wouldn't put themselves into because he enjoys the adrenaline rush and thrill that comes from near death experiences.Background Information:
Although dangerous, he tends to try and get along with everyone while outside of a battle situation. He avoids confrontation unless it becomes physically, enjoying the satisfaction of trading blows with another person. Whether he beats or gets beaten, fighting is the reason Devroux lives.
Long ago existed a revolutionary merely called the Legend. Few knew his real name, and few knew his true purpose. The Legend simply existed to usher in chaos in all times along his ship, Realm. However, unable to place his presence within separate times, he would impregnate women across time, to give birth to a son, holding the last name "Alter". And within the shells of these children existed the souls he had corrupted. This is the story of what happened to create Devroux, as well as the pirate, Noctis. However, there is a unique bond between Devroux and Noctis. The soul of Noctis was born with the multiplication of Devroux's soul, being passed along not through blood, but through a bond beyond that; a bond of soul. And thus, they are drawn to each other through a wavelength for eternity. At times, this causes them to be friendly, and at times, they become hostile. Unbeknownst to them however, their true father, is none other then The Legend himself....
- In Life
Life wasn't particularly difficult for Devroux, providing him with many chances to move up in the world and opportunities to increase his personal strength both physically and mentally. His childhood was somewhat lonesome, being that he was orphaned at an early age. His parents were killed, but he was an infant and grew up without the memory of either of them. The orphanage housed him until he was old enough to move out on his own, but in his schooling he never allowed the opportunity for himself not to be able to provide for himself.
When he moved out, Devroux quickly found a well paying job that provided enough money for him to be able to house and feed himself. As he gained promotions and raises, he put away money as quickly as he could so that he could go to college if the occasion presented itself. Luckily enough for him, he was able to speedily fund a trip to college and became a scientist in no time. He lived out the rest of his life as normally as he could, studying space, time, and theories of the aforementioned subjects with great interest.
As a side life, Devroux took part in many outdoor activities and rough sports. He often went out on hikes or bike rides, loving the beauty of the natural world. In addition to the usual activities presented to people, he also enjoyed getting into kendo and boxing, loving the adrenaline rush that came to him as he fought. He practiced different forms of martial arts and became well rounded in many of them, but never did anything to get his name out, enjoying the personal aspect of it more than anything.
At the end of his life, he was not old. Devroux died early in his life, having gotten jumped by several of his former martial arts opponents. He fought as hard as he could, but was unable to fend off the sheer amount of them. The external injuries he received would have healed fine and he could have lived out his life, but he was unfortunate enough to take a blow to his stomach that caused a large amount of internal bleeding. Before paramedics could arrive at the scene, Devroux bled out and died, having no regrets nor anger towards his life.
Living in the Rukongai was simple for Devroux. He made effort to get along with the people around him and help out whoever needed it. He protected people from thieves with his knowledge of martial arts and mostly just lived with the rest of the spirits normally, trying to make as many people happy with whatever simple moves he made.
Although trying to live simply, he soon found out that he had a natural ability with reiatsu. Because of his ability to use this, the Gotei 13 soon recruited him to join their ranks in order to better protect the spirits that he had already been helping out. Without any qualms, Devroux joined them and began his life as a soul reaper.
Zanpaktou - Retrieving the zanpaktou was simple. He sat down and meditated until he met the zanpaktou spirit, Tempus, that would be his partner for a long time. In his true form, Tempus was what looked like a hollow with his mask, but the rest of his body was transparent. Other than that difference, Tempus seemed to be the size of an average man.
Tempus and Devroux quickly formed a bond through their interest in space and time. Their views on fighting were different, but not enough to keep them from forming a partnership. Tempus quickly agreed to work with Devroux and they began as trainees to become soul reapers.
Training - The training in order to master his talents as a soul reaper was simple for Devroux. Once he got the directions on how to do something, it simply became second nature. Fighting with his zanpaktou was easy for him since he had spent a large portion of his life on kendo and other sword arts, so there was not much that the Seireitei could do for him. The only new knowledge of how to use his weapon came when he learned how to use his shikai. However, that was also somewhat easy for him because of how he had made his living in life.
The only challenge came when it was time to learn kido. As good as Devroux was at learning new things and how he had already known he could use reiatsu, learning all the different spells for each different kido and using them in different ways was only slightly difficult. However, Devroux would not let it get the best of him and spent a lot of his time learning the spells and tactics associated with the different types of kido until he was able to easily pass the tests in order to become a full fledged soul reaper.
Division 12 - After passing through training fairly easy, Devroux was put into squad 12, although he would have rather preferred 9. They figured that his natural want to learn more and his already knowing plenty about space and time would allow greater success in researching such things.
Although he didn't necessarily want to join that squad in the first place, he did not let it get to him and quickly forged plenty of bonds with the other members. He was not hated by anyone, but never grew to be insanely popular either. Only when he decided to learn bankai did people notice him.
Bankai was difficult to learn, but Devroux was able to do it nonetheless. When he was finally able to learn it, he spent every day practicing in different ways so that he could master it sooner than it would usually take. Although most people took 10 years or more to learn how to use it in combat, Devroux managed to master it in about 6, becoming well known among the Gotei.
The captains of the squads all had bankai, so Devroux was not able to become a captain in his squad, but he was moved up to be the Vice-Captain. Although he didn't want the higher rank, he was forced into this position in order to better increase the name of the Seireitei.
The hollowfication of Devroux was tough. Rather than gaining this power through scientific experiments, Devroux chose to go through the pain and work in order to gain the power. He allowed the hollow within himself to gain some control and continuously fought with it in order to gain its abilities. This was not a very easy task, but he was persistent in doing it and managed to gain control, as he usually won the battles whenever he had to gain something new.
The hollow within was not to be messed with though. Although Devroux was in charge, the hollow formed a sort of partnership with him in a similar way to that of Tempus. The hollow was able to converse with Devroux whenever the hollow mask was donned, but also was able to take over when the bloodlust became too great. Because of the ability to lose control, Devroux thought it necessary to not use the mask unless he must.
- Escape from the Gotei 13
Hollowfication was still not allowed at the time Devroux managed to learn it, so he was forced to abandon the Gotei or be killed. He fled in mid-day, when the rest of his squad tried to capture him. Unfortunately for him, he had to kill some of his friends in order to save his life. In addition to this, the want for his execution rose.
Devroux went into hiding as a criminal after his escape. With his hollow abilities and natural abilities as a soul reaper, Devroux managed to hop from Las Noches to the human world whenever he needed to make an escape. This tactic has kept him alive for hundreds of years, but has also allowed him the chance to hone his skills even more and hopefully take revenge on the Soul Society.
- Current Whereabouts
Devroux is still currently hopping from realm to realm, continuing to fight in order to gain the abilities needed to single-handedly wipe out the Gotei 13 as a whole, hoping to start it anew with his own rules.
However, at this point in time, Devroux has targeted many of his fellow comrades from the Escudo and will attempt to deflate the ego of Yori, whose power is far more hype than actual skill. These targets have been created not because they interest him, but because they are a means to an end, allowing more training than he could get from attacking random soul reapers and weak hollows.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uχ Δ|✝ΣR 卍
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Devroux; 04-13-2012 at 11:29 AM.