Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
BozothyClown
Apprentice Genin

BozothyClown is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Question Need new Manga/Anime

So I just finished Shuffle and I really liked it. So im trying to find another Manga/Anime to start up. I am currently on Clannad cause some people said it was like Shuffle but I have yet to see the connection yet.

I have also watched Tu LOVE Ru, Rosario Vampire, and The Familiar of Zero and im looking for more like those.

I like a long(More than 12 episodes) stories and a good story line and really good Character development. I like Drama/Romance/Action/Comedy/Harem/Supernatural kind of style. I dont mind the Ecchi in the manga/anime but its not a must.

So anyone got anything off that? I can add more details or something if you ask but I figure this could start it off.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Need new Manga/Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozothyClown View Post
So I just finished Shuffle and I really liked it. So im trying to find another Manga/Anime to start up. I am currently on Clannad cause some people said it was like Shuffle but I have yet to see the connection yet.

I have also watched Tu LOVE Ru, Rosario Vampire, and The Familiar of Zero and im looking for more like those.

I like a long(More than 12 episodes) stories and a good story line and really good Character development. I like Drama/Romance/Action/Comedy/Harem/Supernatural kind of style. I dont mind the Ecchi in the manga/anime but its not a must.

So anyone got anything off that? I can add more details or something if you ask but I figure this could start it off.
Quoting for reference as i'm typing.

If you end up liking Clannad, I highly suggest Angel Beats. (they were done by the same company)
Also:
Ga-Rei-Zero (Supernatural,Action,Ecchi)
Ga-Rei (manga, sequel to Ga Rei Zero...except the manga was made first)
Ergo Proxy (Action,Sci-Fi,Psychological, Mystery)
Death Note (doesn't everyone know about this series)
AnoHana (Drama,Romance,School Life, Comedy(sorta, funny at times, emo as heck mostly later on)
Kannagi (School Life, Comedy, Harem(I think it could be considered that), Ecchi)

That's all I got for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
KyuubiAkatsuki
Jonin

KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

666 Satan
Ao No Exorcist
Cage of Eden

666 Satan and Ao No Exorcist is filled with action and some pretty funny moments. 666 Satan is already finished with an awesome story and Ao No Exorcist is like 33 chapters in but still going.
Cage of Eden is like a survival manga with some good action, romance, comedy, and mystery.

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war then make all peoples holy."
----- Silver Surfer from Silver Surfer Requiem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

KyuubiAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
sagemaster777
Special Jonin Candidate

sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to sagemaster777

One Piece

Why is she so perfect?
sagemaster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

K-On!
Clannad
Angel Beats!
Ouran High School Host Club
One Piece
Mirai Nikki (Gorey. Beware.)
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Fairy Tail (Action, comedy)
Ratman (has no anime currently but has elements of a lot of those)
The World God Only Knows (romance, comedy, harem, supernatural)
Rave Master (action, comedy)
Liar Game (Drama has no anime but dose have a live action series)

Spoiler:

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
BozothyClown
Apprentice Genin

BozothyClown is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Thanks guys. Im starting to like Clannad a lot more now that im getting deeper into the story. So once I finally finish this up im gonna start on these that you have given.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozothyClown View Post

Imma summarize my suggestions:

Anime:

Mirai Nikki.
Spoiler:
A socially awkward boy called Yuki is chosen by God to become a contestant in a game of death.
A Battle Royal of 12 Humans with pretty much no rules.
The Goal is to find out the Identity of the others and kill them by any means neccessary.
The winner will be crown the next God.
Yuki finds himself within a war consisting of betrayal,murder and ruthlessness with his only hope of surviving being another contestant called Yuno, who is obsessively in love with him reaching and exceeding the point of psychopathy wanting to kill anyone to keep him for herself, as well as a device given to each contestant called the Future Diary which predicts each ones future in a different way.
Little does Yuki know that not the game but Yuno herself is the biggest threat of all, as he tries to survive this war of no mercy as each plan to become god at all costs.

Persona 4: the Animation
Spoiler:
Yu Narukami is a student transferring from the city to the town of Yasoinaba where he will live with his Uncle Ryotaro and cousin Nanako.
At his first day of school, a murder occurs as TV Announcer Mayumi Yamano is found hanging dead upside down on a local house's antenna.
Not much later a student from his School is found dead the same way hanging down a telephone pole.
Narukami discovers he has a special power enabling him to enter the TV World and with his new found Friends discovers that this world infested with monster and the rumoured Midnight Channel , is in connection to the murders.
They decide to find out the truth and to put an end to the killer as they each acquire a Persona, a powerful guardian formed from having accepted their true selves.

Steins;Gate
Possibly the greatest Anime ever made.

Spoiler:
A group of friends with science as hobby have managed to build a time machine which sends text messages into the past.
As they experiment with this machine they come upon the realization that their experiments have changed Time and Space drastically and not just that.
The CERN organization have found out about their experiments working on their own time machine and plan to eradicate them.
For the friends begins a hunt of life or death as their only hope to survive is their time machine and their unofficial leader Okabe is the only man who can put an end to this and save his friends, by travelling through time he plans to revert the experiments,save his friends and stop the CERN organization as in 26 years they will have caused Dystopia with their Time Machine.
However their is a big obstacle in his rescue attempt being fate itself....

Shingeki no Kyojin:
Spoiler:
Takes place in a world where Humans are forced to retreat within their last fort, a town surrounded by multiple layers of walls, to defend themselves against the threat of Titans, cannibalistic human-like giants.
Eren and and his adopted sister Mikasa lost their mother 5 years ago during a titans attack on the town and have now joined the Military Ranks to defend their town against this threat, having found comrades and making it to the top 10 trainees.

Story follows the adventure of the trainees as Eren swears to erase all Titans in existance and Mikasa wanting to protect her brother.

However their adventure is a cruel one as they find out just what a true threat the Titans are and Eren having a mysterious power enabling him to transform into a Titan himself.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

@ Vivi

That GIF in your signature right now...... Can't think of any words.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
nexthokage
Special Jonin Candidate

nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Death Note
Short but good

Bleach
(if you havent)

For CCS: Herp Derp
From CCS: HERP DERP
3 YEARS ON HERE
Please sub to my youtube channel -V-

Quote:
Wikipedia
On April 1, 2012 at midnight, Toonami appeared to have taken over hosting for the night. While this could very well be Adult Swim's latest April Fool's Day prank, it appears to have returned
I like Bleach so much now and I play CoD
nexthokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #11
KyuubiAkatsuki
Jonin

KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
Fairy Tail (Action, comedy)
Ratman (has no anime currently but has elements of a lot of those)
The World God Only Knows (romance, comedy, harem, supernatural)
Rave Master (action, comedy)
Liar Game (Drama has no anime but dose have a live action series)
Liar Game ftmfw

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war then make all peoples holy."
----- Silver Surfer from Silver Surfer Requiem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

KyuubiAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #12
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
@ Vivi

That GIF in your signature right now...... Can't think of any words.
Tsugumi ALWAYS delivers.

Too bad she got horrible taste in guys as her love interest is a freaking a$$ who kills people for merely touching him, even if they're kids.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I'd also recommend Air Gear, but not the anime. The manga is pretty interesting and quite lengthy.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote