Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

HachibiXSenpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Storm 1 Or Storm Generations?

Which game do you like better overall, and why?

(Currently playing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations)
Psn ID: Fullmatrix09 - ADD ME AND FIGHT.

HachibiXSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
RikoudoSageNaruto
Genin

RikoudoSageNaruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Storm 1 Or Storm Generations?

storm generations looks like a better game. imo the only thing holding it back is that the pts jiraiya, guy, kisame, itachi, itachi, orochimaru dont have their entire storm 1 movesets. those pts battles just wont feel complete.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RikoudoSageNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

Anyone else??

Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

Aizen Sosuke saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Storm Generations because CC2 did make some improvements from what they had in the first 2. the only thing Generations dissapointed me in was the story

Naruto Shippuden is awesome

No one has ever stood at the top,not you nor me nor the gods,but that unavoidable vaccancy will be removed i alone will stand at the top-Sosuke Aizen
Aizen Sosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
CRoach93
Genin

CRoach93 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Generations, without a doubt. To me, Storm 1 only had a few better points. It had the little scenes before a fight where each team says something, and if it's a specific team like Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura, they'll say something specific to the team. It also had the ability to evade Ultimate Jutsus even after they hit you, with the button command thing. xD Those are really the only things that I liked about Storm 1 over 2 and Generations.

Generations is still a better game by a long shot. It has a ridiculous amount of character, it has several new modes like Survival, Tournament, and Training, while Storm 1 only had Story mode and VS mode. What's more, Generations has a better combat system. Generations is definitely better. xD
CRoach93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

I do agree that Generations is the best, even if the other Storm titles were beast. ^-^

Old 03-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
Schnarf
Childish Gambino Lover

Schnarf just might be Kage someday.
Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.

Storm 1's Ultimate Adventure mode was terrible and it didn't have online. Generation's Story mode wasn't the greatest, but certainly was a big step-up from Storm 1's. Plus it does have online with 70+ characters while Storm 1 had like 25 I think.
Schnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
CRoach93
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnarfTacular View Post
Storm 1's Ultimate Adventure mode was terrible and it didn't have online. Generation's Story mode wasn't the greatest, but certainly was a big step-up from Storm 1's. Plus it does have online with 70+ characters while Storm 1 had like 25 I think.

The Ultimate Adventure really was terrible. I liked some things about it, like the little minigames because they made me feel nostalgic and made me remember the older Ultimate Ninja games where similar minigames were implemented into the story mode. xD Aside from the nostalgia, I agree with you. The story mode sucked. xD

Last edited by CRoach93; 03-17-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Needed to add some purple. xD
Old 03-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

Especially how they skipped two major arcs (freaking Haku and Zabuza) and only had you only play in a 3D Konoha environment.....not that Storm 1 wasn't a bad game, oh not at all. It was awesome but pretty overrated at the same time.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
Schnarf
Childish Gambino Lover

Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.

I personally liked roaming around in the 3D Konoha environment, it was fun jumping from building to building lol.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
CRoach93
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachibiXSenpai View Post
Especially how they skipped two major arcs (freaking Haku and Zabuza) and only had you only play in a 3D Konoha environment.....not that Storm 1 wasn't a bad game, oh not at all. It was awesome but pretty overrated at the same time.

Seriously! That was the worst part! It skipped from them graduating and becoming Genin right over to the Chuunin Exams. I was like, "Wait... Something's missing. Oh, that's right. The main reason why Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were even able to enter the Chuunin Exams in the first place. The Zabuza arc." xD

And then I made it to the Sasuke Retrieval Arc and then they all but excluded the Sound Four from the game and I'm like. "...really?"

They excluded too much from the story, and most of it was important, too. xD

I definitely agree with you. The game was good. I was in love with it even though it was incomplete. It got really boring after a while and it eventually died, for me. Storm 2 never really died for me, until Generations came into existence.

Quote:
I personally liked roaming around in the 3D Konoha environment, it was fun jumping from building to building lol.
Haha, that part was definitely cool. It was different and it looked graphically amazing, but it was really just running and jumping around. In Broken Bond, you could run around this huge open world and encounter enemies and use jutsu outside of combat. You could form a team of shinobi and everything. In Storm 1, all you could really do was explore the Leaf Village Even in Rise of a Ninja, you could explore a larger area and you could even encounter enemies and a bunch of things.Storm 1 was better combat-wise, but Rise of a Ninja/Broken Bond were better story mode-wise, Broken Bond more than Rise of a Ninja. xD

Last edited by CRoach93; 03-17-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
coolm3
Genin

coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to coolm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRoach93 View Post

Seriously! That was the worst part! It skipped from them graduating and becoming Genin right over to the Chuunin Exams. I was like, "Wait... Something's missing. Oh, that's right. The main reason why Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were even able to enter the Chuunin Exams in the first place. The Zabuza arc." xD

And then I made it to the Sasuke Retrieval Arc and then they all but excluded the Sound Four from the game and I'm like. "...really?"

I definitely agree with you. The game was good. I was in love with it even though it was incomplete. It got really boring after a while and it eventually died, for me. Storm 2 never really died for me, until Generations came into existence.

Haha, that part was definitely cool. It was different and it looked graphically amazing, but it was really just running and jumping around. In Broken Bond, you could run around this huge open world and encounter enemies and use jutsu outside of combat. You could form a team of shinobi and everything. In Storm 1, all you could really do was explore the Leaf Village Even in Rise of a Ninja, you could explore a larger area and you could even encounter enemies and a bunch of things.Storm 1 was better combat-wise, but Rise of a Ninja/Broken Bond were better story mode-wise, Broken Bond more than Rise of a Ninja. xD
Broken bond did have that interesting way of a story mode roam. Back when I played storm 1 I always had the wish of the two being combined lol..with storms fighting system and Broken bonds story system the game would be perfect xD.
The country? The skies? You can have them. I'm busy just protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You rep me I rep you
coolm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
CRoach93
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm3 View Post
Broken bond did have that interesting way of a story mode roam. Back when I played storm 1 I always had the wish of the two being combined lol..with storms fighting system and Broken bonds story system the game would be perfect xD.
Dude, so did I! I only had a problem with Broken Bond's graphics during cutscenes, mostly. But seriously, I thought that that would be a perfect Naruto game if they were both combined. It's like one game had a good Story Mode and the other had the better combat system. They balanced each other out. xD

One of the original Ultimate Ninja games, probably the 4th one, was probably the closest an Ultimate Ninja game got to matching Broken Bond's story mode. xD
Old 03-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

Which is why i hope Storm 3 has a more open-world exploration like Broken bonds because imagine how sick the graphics would look, including landscapes like the sand village and the war area. But even if it didn't, Storm 3 would still be undeniably epic!

Un5 solo's though, probably the best Ultimate Ninja PS2 game in existence.....

Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #15
Schnarf
Childish Gambino Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRoach93 View Post

I haven't played either of those.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
coolm3
Genin

coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to coolm3

Quote:
Been a while since I've played them so I can't accurately tell you how good they were but broken bonds open world-ness was great you should look it up on youtube. Can't remember Rise of a Ninja though lol..

Edit: I think Broken Bond had the chakra tree climb mini game inside of it with the tree travel...loved doing those lol.
The country? The skies? You can have them. I'm busy just protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

You rep me I rep you

Last edited by coolm3; 03-17-2012 at 07:59 PM.
coolm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #17
Blah.
Veteran Chunin

Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Storm Generations by far.

And the only reason the story mode is worse is because that wasn't the focus of the game. These Ultimate Ninja Storm games are already massive as it is in terms of space they take up on your system so to incorporate two games worth of story mode along with fighting would just be too much...I personally liked the different perspectives. It was a nice little recap/refresher!
Blah. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #18
CRoach93
Genin

Quote:
Rise of a Ninja was the prequel to Broken Bond. It was a horrible disgrace of a game, in my opinion. They managed to somehow ruin the gameplay experience, for me, by butchering 70% of the voices. Then, there were only a handful of characters and the graphics sucked. Broken Bond was awesome, in comparison. When it came out, I loved the game. It had the Sound Four in it, and the story mode was really interesting.

What I loved about the game was that it was an actual RPG. You could run around in this huge open world with a team of three and explore, you could buy new ninja tools, and you would randomly encounter rogue ninja, and you'd beat the hell out of them. I loved that they implemented rogue ninja into the game. In most Naruto games, you can only experience fights with canon characters and it's like "When would Naruto ever actually fight Sakura?" or something. It's just more "realistic" for them to be fighting random ninja, rather than their comrades. I liked that.

It was an awesome game with an awesome story mode, but the VS Mode and the combat system will never compare to the Storm series. Ever. xD

Quote:
Storm Generations by far.

And the only reason the story mode is worse is because that wasn't the focus of the game. These Ultimate Ninja Storm games are already massive as it is in terms of space they take up on your system so to incorporate two games worth of story mode along with fighting would just be too much...I personally liked the different perspectives. It was a nice little recap/refresher!
I'm honestly glad they didn't make some giant, ridiculous Story Mode. I probably would've finally finished it up yesterday it would've taken so long. xD
Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
HachibiXSenpai
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
I'm honestly glad they didn't make some giant, ridiculous Story Mode. I probably would've finally finished it up yesterday it would've taken so long. xD
True, thought i'm sure Storm 3 will defenatly have that in store for it. Either way i agree since its more faster to unlock characters in Generations with its short story. Gameplay's where its at!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
Uzumaki_Naruto14
Academy Graduate

Uzumaki_Naruto14 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I have played naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 and completed. I really liked that the story followed the plot of the anime. I am thinking of player the first ultimate ninja storm ti recall old memories from the first naruto. Do you think I should play it?
Uzumaki_Naruto14 is offline   Reply With Quote