Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Off-Topic

Off-Topic For anything under the sun that won't fit elsewhere!

Old 02-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Sasuke3177
Ninja Academy Student

Sasuke3177 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default XBOX or PS3 Explain

I want to know which one you prefer and atleast a bit of an explanation why (the controller, graphics, the online community population, etc) Because I am getting one or the other but can't really decide which, sort of siding on the PS3 atm

Last edited by Sasuke3177; 02-27-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Sasuke3177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: XBOX or PS3 Explain

In terms of the actual game titles themselves, while Xbox offers an overall broader library, the PS3 has much more exclusives than the latter. It's Gears of War 3, Alan Wake, Forza Motorsport, and Fable versus inFamous, God of War, Killzone, Resistance, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, etc etc. However, if you're a fan of multi player shooters, the Xbox would be the best possible pick out of the two, as its' gaming community is simply just many times larger. The downside to that, of course, is that you'll be running into more immature people who'll get their swearing dictionaries on you from time to time.

PS3 Hardware > Xbox 360 Hardware. Playstation Network also is free.

PS3 Community Size < Xbox 360 Community Size. Great way to connect with friends.

PS3 Community Quality > Xbox 360 Community Quality.

PS3 Move < Xbox 360 Kinect. Which is actually fun (Mass Effect 3, Fruit Ninja)

As for the controller, really depends on what you're used to. I will however say that the PS3's standard controller will just feel slicker, but IIRC, 360's has a better laid out with the d-pads and bumpers and everything.

PS3 also has much more accessibility to other forms of media. From what I've experienced, it has an actual internet browser, a more competent network, YouTube surfing, radio, etc etc. However, the Xbox has been catching up with adding new features such as YouTube, Hulu, ESPN, etc etc.

Long story short, it just depends on what sort of gamer you are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Like Vat said really
@The little kid part: Though its not that common as you think. Now if you are smart like everyone else when playing COD or Halo you don't have your mic in because the people are loud as hell and no one shuts shuts up to let you speak. Plus unless it friends or a cool dude no one will really cover you if you say you need it any ways.

The only thing I really do not like about the PS3 is the kinks it still has and it tends to be really over hyped and the gaming community is small. You are also basically paying for the name if anything else same with Xbox.

Xbox graphics tends to be smoother while PS3 is more cut and 'clean'

The PS3 model and controller is super small though Xbox is fairly small it self.

I personally have an Xbox and I'm cool with it. Oh an one thing I really love about it is that I can backup all of my things onto cloud so if my Xbox crashes or something I have it all saved an can retrieve it with no issues.

Edit: read this dude
http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/08/...ware-throwdown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zerosameri; 02-27-2012 at 11:13 PM.
zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via Yahoo to Azal

I honestly went with PS3 much to my Brother's dismay
The only thing I would knock off of it are the controllers
The PS3 controller feels awkward, especially when playing games like dungeon defenders, when the R2 buttons are used constantly, and I have often slipped before. The analog sticks also are a tad bit loose, and doesn't feel as smooth moving around, as with a 360 controller.
Other than that, PS3 all the way imo

Azal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:58 AM   #5
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Depends, do you want to play Gears of war 3 or Resistance 3?

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #6
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Ps3's controllers? I believe that Xbox360 has the best controller models out there, but I believe there may be Ps controllers with an Xbox360 setup...

Grew up on Ps1-2, never did like the controllers :/

However, Ps3 > everything else on Xbox, due to everyone having it, membership to play online games (which microsoft bullshivitizes) and it has a fairly good list of games, only downside is you don't get much Valve games, but hopefully, it will have been worth the weight.

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I prefer PS3 because red ring is plaguing. I like to leave on my system for long periods of time so I went with the system that allows me more freedom.

Plus PSN is free so you're essentially getting the same service you would be getting for Xbox just with a couple less people and games lacking dedicated servers.

It's a price to pay for free online.
You get what you pay for.

It depends if you need instant gratification or not so to speak.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
I prefer PS3 because red ring is plaguing. I like to leave on my system for long periods of time so I went with the system that allows me more freedom.

Plus PSN is free so you're essentially getting the same service you would be getting for Xbox just with a couple less people and games lacking dedicated servers.

It's a price to pay for free online.
You get what you pay for.

It depends if you need instant gratification or not so to speak.
Red Ring of death is biased

I never got it, but heard of people getting it instantly, and chronic red ring of death seems to occur at that point...

Oh, and I'm sure your parents don't want you to leave systems on
Our XBOX360 accounts for nearly 1/10th of the electric bill... insane...
and we don't leave ours on

Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
flamey234
Special Jonin Candidate

flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.flamey234 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Honestly, I prefer the PS3. I still have one of the older models whne it first came out (I think the 20 gig) and it still works fine. I can leave it on for months on end and nothing happens to it. Also, in my dorm, I've noticed more problems with the Xbox than the PS3 such as the Kinect not working (just a dorm problem, really, but something to think about when you go to college with your game system), a couple people's power jack on their Xbox broke or something plus a couple other things. I may have gotten lucky with the PS3 but I still prefer it. Also, if you play the Uncharted series, those have online matches and the people on their aren't jerks like on CoD usually. The only problem for me is the controller. I've had to buy a couple controllers after the spring in the analog stick (one of them. not always the same one) wouldn't bend back to normal but I like the controller better since it's easier for me to grip than an Xbox controller but I do agree with Azal that the Xbox controllers do have more sturdy analog sticks.

Whatever happens, happens

Always expect the worst, that way, if everything goes according to plan, it will be a pleasant surprise.
power of the mind always beats the yearnings of the body
Mythbusters=explosives
explosives=Deidara
so, Mythbusters=Deidara
Scientia Potentia Est "Knowledge is Power"
flamey234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakropha View Post

I never got it, but heard of people getting it instantly, and chronic red ring of death seems to occur at that point...

Red ring is not biased lol, not sure how to put it though. xD I've had a bad experience with it myself and now I dont have an Xbox. >.>

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
Kingsnoke
assumed the position
and got to the party. TWICE!
Sage of Ice Water

Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Kingsnoke prefers the variety of games that the PS3 has over the 360. However the 360's controller is wonderful. Except for the DPad. Which is easily one of the worst DPads ever.

Albeit Kingsnoke plays more games on his DS than anything else. So his opinion is not all that relevant.

Kingsnoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Personally, got em both, think that the systems work well, graphically games depend on which system they were made for initially, which sucks but it is a pretty true fact. I enjoy my 360 more so than my PS3 for no other reason than its where most of my friends game these days. I still get games and exclusives for my PS3, but I do no utilize the online system.

A friendly word of advice as well, when you do decide what to get, if you do online transactions with either of these companies, i suggest that you avoid using real cash in lieu of using a "game card" due to both of these companies history of being relatively negligent with your info.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
-Naruto-
Special Jonin Candidate

-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

To me, I see Xbox being the "Go online and chill with your friends in a multi-player game" type of system, while PS3 takes the campaign games IMO.

Though PS3 also has multi-player, most of your friends will probably have an xbox.
I change my mind. I want to submit a different one.
-Naruto- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
SasukeDude96
Veteran Chunin

SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiba8471 View Post
XBOX 360 is better becos you can get HALO and XBOX LIVE is better than ps live and an XBOX 360 [COLOR=lemonchiffon]is only
One game does not make the system better. I can think of a lot funner games the PS3 has that the 360 lacks.

What the heck is PS Live? Do you mean PlayStation Network? XD

I will say though, the 360 is only really good if you have the money to shell out for the online, and all you mainly play is PFS'.

Spoiler:

3DS A
mbassador

I know, I suck.
SasukeDude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

I like the PS3 better due to the quality it produces. For some reason, I find a lot of walkthroughs on YouTube recorded with the Xbox have very bad brightness settings, making it seem like the quality is not that great. The Xbox games are usually all FPS shooters and therefore, only buy an Xbox if you are a fan of FPS games.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
Bacon

Awards Showcase

You gotta pay for xbox online services while ps3's are free. I don't need to spend an etra 15 on the same thing.

Quote:

Old 03-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakropha View Post

Depends on the usage.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #18
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I just went with both. They each have something the other doesn't have. I was just thinking the other day f it get another t.v and play both just for the hell of it. Alas I don't have the time for it. I still haven't beaten skyrim let alone try another game.
Devils Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Awards Showcase

Screw Systems in general!

Get a job

Tags
ps3, xbox