Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default MotM Sparkles?

So hey this is pretty cool I just remembered that you can give users sparkly usernames. I have the path for you guys. I'm sure you know how to input it so here it is. You should do this for the MotM and maybe admins.

So go to Usergroup Manager > MotM or Member of the Month, whichever it is > and then edit the Username HTML markup.

Front: <span style="background: url(images/4.gif); colorurple; font-weight: bold;">

Back: </span>

Purple was the example in this one, but that's interchangeable for any color.

Anyway tell me what you guys think. It should come out like so:

Spoiler:

Only difference from the pic is that it will be in motion.

Last edited by Shikamaru Nara; 03-10-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: MotM Sparkles?

Sparkle effects don't work in Internet Explorer, and they are extremely annoying. They add nothing at all to a user's experience imo.
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Most people don't use that anymore dude. xD

And they look pretty.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Most people don't use that anymore dude. xD
Even so, I'm sure there are still people who use it so it's best not to break the forums for those people who use it

Quote:
And they look pretty.
They might look pretty, but I find them very annoying and distracting when I'm trying to read a post.

Hopefully, an admin will chip in to give their thoughts on this
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Gimme a sec. Let me test your theory that it will break the forums. Perhaps, perhaps... Works on the forum that I have. >_> Just made it a little slower. If it's only one user it doesn't even make a difference to begin with anyway.

Simple solution would be to just put your finger over it for five minutes or tape a piece of paper over it.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

You have to have access to the ACP.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
So hey this is pretty cool I just remembered that you can give users sparkly usernames. I have the path for you guys. I'm sure you know how to input it so here it is. You should do this for the MotM and maybe admins.

So go to Usergroup Manager > MotM or Member of the Month, whichever it is > and then edit the Username HTML markup.

Front: <span style="background: url(images/4.gif); colorurple; font-weight: bold;">

Back: </span>

Purple was the example in this one, but that's interchangeable for any color.

Anyway tell me what you guys think. It should come out like so:

Spoiler:

Only difference from the pic is that it will be in motion.
We've done this before back when MotM first started and midway through the first month JAFL's username broke because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kazekage View Post
Sparkle effects don't work in Internet Explorer, and they are extremely annoying. They add nothing at all to a user's experience imo.
They don't? I got them to work fine just now and it displayed fine on IE, FF, and GC.

It's possible that the bad past experiences were caused by the fact that the sparkle's that people tried to use weren't stored locally on Viz server, so if anything would cause the hosting site to crash it would lag and ruin the sparkle.

Ashen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
They don't? I got them to work fine just now and it displayed fine on IE, FF, and GC.
From what I remember, IE didn't work with the sparkle effects properly. They might've fixed that though in a newer version, I definitely remember an older version not rendering a sparkle effect properly.
YouTube Channel:
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
We've done this before back when MotM first started and midway through the first month JAFL's username broke because of it.

It's possible that the bad past experiences were caused by the fact that the sparkle's that people tried to use weren't stored locally on Viz server, so if anything would cause the hosting site to crash it would lag and ruin the sparkle.
Wow I totally forgot.

Well if you want to try it on a smaller scale you can also try it in custom titles and see if that works.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kazekage View Post
From what I remember, IE didn't work with the sparkle effects properly. They might've fixed that though in a newer version, I definitely remember an older version not rendering a sparkle effect properly.
I've never noticed IE have problems with .gif images which is all Shika's sparkle text would be. Of course, I'm not an avid user of IE either.

Last edited by Ashen; 03-10-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Ashen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I've never noticed IE have problems with .gif images which is all Shika's sparkle text would be. Of course, I'm not an avid user of IE either.
http://goo.gl/E1PLJ

Just performed a search for IE not animating gif images, lots of results get returned for it. I don't think it's a good idea to use animated gif images as they don't display very well in IE and the forums should support all browsers so that they cater for everyone imo.
YouTube Channel:
Old 03-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I like your idea, man.

I have IE on my laptop, and it works fine with gifs... But maybe that's just me.
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Why?

At this point, almost everyone has a smartphone, or a Mac, or an iPod. Browsing forums is barely ever done on IE anymore. If we catered to everyone's needs we would be in so much work at the time.

Why don't we just give custom avatars?
Why don't we give people the ability to set their custom titles?
Hell, why don't we remove rules so people don't get in trouble?

Aside from that, we're not a business, and we're not a service, this is only an alternate means of entertainment. Just like before when the site was only available to people (streaming anime that is) in the US or something, we can't cater to everyone's needs.

Just my opinion though.
You try too hard to please everyone. xD

Thanks Jonesy.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I use IE and the sparkles work jst fine
i gotz a sparkly username on another forum

and of course shika would ask for it..he wants to feel even more pretty
ahahah~!

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I'm not motm.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
Thebattlemonster
Apprentice Genin

Thebattlemonster is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

A quick question... who picks the MotM .?/

The Grave Clan

Unknown death coming at you!
Why is it that Naruto is not just going and killing sasuke ?!
Thebattlemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I'm not motm.
i know..just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebattlemonster View Post
A quick question... who picks the MotM .?/
i think there is some member called the motmnomibot or something like that.
u have to be nominated and go through some voting to be motm

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #18
Thebattlemonster
Apprentice Genin

Angry Re: MotM Sparkles?

Quote:
i think there is some member called the motmnomibot or something like that.
u have to be nominated and go through some voting to be motm

wow so all my hopes are beggining to go down because i wanted to be the motm not yet obv cuz i joined today but you know i prob have to wait and keep comin here like for around 7 -10 months or a year... you know what i mean

The Grave Clan

Last edited by Err; 03-10-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
Thebattlemonster
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
wow so all my hopes are beggining to go down because i wanted to be the motm not yet obv cuz i joined today but you know i prob have to wait and keep comin here like for around 7 -10 months or a year... you know what i mean

epic quoting fail

The Grave Clan

Old 03-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #20
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

Quote:
ya..it is not easy becoming motm
Quote:
epic quoting fail
ahhaah

o and try not to double post

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote: