Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #121
Kekkei genkai
Ninja Academy Student

Kekkei genkai is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why don't ppl like the eng dub?

If it caught up to where subbed version was, then I would watch it even if it heavily edited.
Kekkei genkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #122
Jmalenko
Special Jonin Candidate

Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jmalenko has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

One reason why people dont like the eng dub for any animes is that The Original story or japanese versions are usually alot better and good story-telling,Sure the english versions you still get the action and what not but sometimes you get better things with the dub versions.

"Take care of the people that matter in your life...or not." Amanda Waller from Justice League Unlimited

Shayd is my sensei....what can i say and now im apart of her pack.

"People May Come and Go,They Live and They Die,But A True Friend is Forever."Raven from Twisted Metal:Black
Jmalenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #123
Star
Academy Graduate

Star saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I'd rather watch english dubbed than subbed because I want to watch my videos and not read them. The only drawback to the dubbed is the editing out part.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #124
Sharinganshinobi223
Chunin Exam Participant

Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

IMO, people who like english dubbed should watch the english dub, people who like english subbed should watch the english sub, end of story.

"I never wish for an easy life, but to be a stronger man. -JFK

"The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate."-Serious tobi

"Run away, cling to your wretched life..." -Itachi

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed. -Eminem
Sharinganshinobi223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #125
SageKakashi
Genin

SageKakashi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Each to there own. Dubbed isn't missing many scenes compared to subbed btw.
SageKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #126
Hina-Chan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Answer to the thread's question: Because that is like wanting to eat sushi with a spoon.

But seriously,
some of the English voices sound like complete ****. E.X. Shikaku and Ibiki. I only pray that they don't screw up Shibi's English voice. While some, E.X. Shikamaru, Lee, Kakashi, Gai, Tenzou/Yamato and I guess Sakura don't sound that bad. Sometimes, I prefer the Japanese voices over the English. And sometimes, It's vice versa. It all depends on the character.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No one can hurt you now.'cause. you're dead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When all those shadows almost killed your light

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby

Hina-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #127
Hina-Chan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hina-Chan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageKakashi View Post
Dubbed isn't missing many scenes compared to subbed btw.
Disagree.

There are some parts that the English did mess up. E.X. Shikamaru's crying part in episode 83. I feel that the Japanese actor put more effort into it and made it a lot more emotional.

However, there are parts that even the Japanese messed up on. E.X. I feel that the Japanese voice actor for Shino doesn't display his emotions as good as the English voice actor.

Everything's on fire
Hold onto this lullaby

Old 03-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #128
Star
Academy Graduate

Star saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

[QUOTE=Sharinganshinobi223;5929156]IMO, people who like english dubbed should watch the english dub, people who like english subbed should watch the english sub, end of story.[/QUOTE

Thank you! Whether people want to watch episodes dubbed or subbed is based on opinion. Everyones taste is different.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #129
chidori/rasengan
Freshmen Academy Student

chidori/rasengan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hey guys quick question anyone know when new episodes of shippuden dub might be coming out?
chidori/rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #130
Sharinganshinobi223
Chunin Exam Participant

Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidori/rasengan View Post
hey guys quick question anyone know when new episodes of shippuden dub might be coming out?
Likely to be next month since boxset 10 will be released by then.

@Hina-chan- Look at my top comment. Anymore questions?

"I never wish for an easy life, but to be a stronger man. -JFK

"The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate."-Serious tobi

"Run away, cling to your wretched life..." -Itachi

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed. -Eminem

Last edited by Sharinganshinobi223; 03-09-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Sharinganshinobi223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #131
Hina-Chan
Chunin Exam Proctor

You mean this one? Pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharinganshinobi223 View Post
IMO, people who like english dubbed should watch the english dub, people who like english subbed should watch the english sub, end of story.
This doesn't make sense. What if people have issues with the voice actors and they are already used to the voice actors that played their favorite character(s)? I watch both actually, and I have already stated my opinion above.

Everything's on fire
Hold onto this lullaby

Old 03-10-2012, 03:33 AM   #132
--Coobreedan--
Apprentice Genin

--Coobreedan-- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I've seen every episode up to 126 in English, and if all of the rest were in English I'd watch it. Mainly because of English voices like Kakashi and Sai.
B Rank: 85
C Rank: Over 500
D Rank: Over 1000
--Coobreedan-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #133
MrJ
Freshmen Academy Student

MrJ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Coobreedan-- View Post
I've seen every episode up to 126 in English, and if all of the rest were in English I'd watch it. Mainly because of English voices like Kakashi and Sai.

100% agree with you. Yamato's voice = BA in dubbed

@ Hina-Chan's comment in response to 'Sharinganshinobi223:'

What he says does make sense, and is actually really logical. You could easily find things to critiques in both Subbed + Dubbed, but his statement is implying that you should watch whichever you like.
MrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #134
Hina-Chan
Chunin Exam Proctor

No, It isn't.

The point here is that it's not mandatory. There are some people who don't like the Sub and other people here don't like the Dub. So, It does not make sense. Some people have issues about the character(s) voice, or so It doesn't appeal to them. For a better example, someone is watching the Sub version for a long time now, and is used to the Japanese's character voices, and when he saw the English sub version, he didn't like the character(s) voices, so, all people have different opinions on each character's voice. Some people prefer that over that, so, It doesn't really make sense when we head to that road.

Everything's on fire
Hold onto this lullaby

Old 03-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #135
darkdemonofthemist
A True Bro

Location: Times people on Omegle actually wanted to have a decent conversation: 2
darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to darkdemonofthemist

I like the subbed version more because you can't judge the seiyuus' acting like you can with the dubbed version. Every time I watch the dub I always think "There is no way any normal person would respond like that." but in Japanese you can't tell!
jenny,Memitim,Jonesy,deadtaka,Noctis,NinjaPink,Devroux,Luna Mikazuki,Miss Kitty,Wooster
Vatanui AKA Pride,Toma RNK,KGT,SS4 Gogeta,Looney-Lyra,Semog,Bacon,Pool,AgentShayd
Kitsune,Kiseki,Spartacus,Nick Tasogare,TBC,Shikamaru Nara,Lone_Espada,Maruko
Follow me on Twitter! @fishcantblink
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanicRobot
Your face cured my cancer.
darkdemonofthemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #136
MrJ
Freshmen Academy Student

MrJ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hina-Chan View Post
No, It isn't.

The point here is that it's not mandatory. There are some people who don't like the Sub and other people here don't like the Dub. So, It does not make sense. Some people have issues about the character(s) voice, or so It doesn't appeal to them. For a better example, someone is watching the Sub version for a long time now, and is used to the Japanese's character voices, and when he saw the English sub version, he didn't like the character(s) voices, so, all people have different opinions on each character's voice. Some people prefer that over that, so, It doesn't really make sense when we head to that road.
I guess I can see your point in terms of how relative his argument was in this conversation. My apologies
MrJ is offline   Reply With Quote